Arabic support in rom discussion thread

Guest twrock

Dear Twrock

Excellent work the web is fully arabized. The credits for this is reserved to you

thanx a lot :D

But then over in the TXG thread you said:

Dear Twrock

I tried this rom it is really great, BUT the arabic support file is not compatible with this rom, after installing it the arabic letters apear as boxes.

I hope you can fix this to allow me to enjoy your great, stable and fast rom.

best regards :rolleyes:

This makes no sense. Either it works or it doesn't.

I am thinking that it would be better if you begin communicating with Brightidea over at XDA directly. Maybe he can help you get things working the way you want them to work. I obviously don't understand what you need.

Guest welly123

Dear Twrock

I tried your TXG rom it is really great, BUT the arabic support file is not compatible with this rom (Although they work perfect on the Tom G's CyanogenMod 0.40), after installing it the arabic letters apear as boxes (in the menu [arabic program names] and in taskbar [ the arabic clock] all became boxes)

at the same time I tried the brightidea arabic shaping patch.apk (from the market) it succeeded to correct the browser.

Dear Twrock

I tried your TXG rom it is really great, BUT the arabic support file is not compatible with this rom (Although they work perfect on the Tom G's CyanogenMod 0.40), after installing it the arabic letters apear as boxes (in the menu [arabic program names] and in taskbar [ the arabic clock] all became boxes)

at the same time I tried the brightidea arabic shaping patch.apk (from the market) it succeeded to correct the browser.

I don't know of anything else to do to solve your problem. I do not even understand what the problem is. (Edit: see post #31 below; the "problem" might not be what it first appeared to be.)

If it is working well with Tom G's rom, I suggest you just use that rom. You can also try Antonio's CM-Plus rom or Domica's CM6.1-Ultrafast rom or even the older "CM6.1-Basic" rom I made and see if it will work with one of those roms.

Edited by twrock

Guest welly123

I don't know of anything else to do to solve your problem. I do not even understand what the problem is.

If it is working well with Tom G's rom, I suggest you just use that rom. You can also try Antonio's CM-Plus rom or Domica's CM6.1-Ultrafast rom or even the older "CM6.1-Basic" rom I made and see if it will work with one of those roms.

Thank you

I'll try and tell you, at the same time I contacted Brightidea and he advised me to contact Madmack because he is the one who work on the framework. I hope he can solve it and if so I'll keep you updated with the solution

Thank you

I'll try and tell you, at the same time I contacted Brightidea and he advised me to contact Madmack because he is the one who work on the framework. I hope he can solve it and if so I'll keep you updated with the solution

Tell me exactly what happens when you try to install the "CM6Pulse_Arabic_support_install.zip" file in Recovery. Do you get an error message?

If so, please try this file instead: http://www.mediafire...4vjjzsvsv55j87s

Please notice the screen when you try to install it in Recovery. If there are no errors, tell me if it solved your problem.

The "problem" might be nothing more than an installation issue. The actual files might be fine. But as you know, I can't test it myself because I don't know what I am looking for.

Here are two screenshots of TXG with Arabic support installed. Is this correct?

post-596158-0-48960600-1325331107_thumb. post-596158-0-62706400-1325331134_thumb.

Edited by twrock

• 2 months later...
Guest twrock

For anyone willing to test, here is a link to an Arabic patch made for Styx-620. If it works that rom, it should work for any rom based on dr.flo's CM6.2.0-RC0 port for our U8220. You can try it on his CM6.1.1 port, but I don't know if it will work there.

As always, do a nandroid backup first!

Please report any results of any test you do. Please be very detailed about what you do, and what rom you are testing it on.

http://www.mediafire...j6a3cn260yk0nj7

Edit: I've installed this patch myself since I use this particular rom. From what I see, I think I can view Arabic websites correctly. At least the pages look the same on my phone's browser as on my laptop's browser. But all I know for sure is that it isn't causing trouble. Whether or not it solves Arabic rendering is for someone who knows what they are looking at to verify.

Edited by twrock

Guest twrock

Dear Twrock

I hope you can help in fixing arabic support to this rom "[Dev/Experimental][ROM] Ideos X3 gingerbread rom" made by dr flo

best regards

I will look into this. However, the tool available to me is also available to anyone, and is very easy to use. The instructions are in Arabic and English. The app to do the patching is for Windows. Please consider learning how to use it so that you can also help make the patch for yourself and others to use. Here is the web page:

http://blog.devasque.com/?page_id=11

Edit: Ok, the "easy to use" part does not apply to this rom. dr.flo did something unique to make this rom fit, so it isn't so simple with this particular rom. He also did not deodex the rom, so the patch utility doesn't work. I don't know if I will be able to help with this rom.

Can someone post a link to the original, unmodified rom?

Edit2: Ok, it might be possible for me to do something. However, it will require that those of you who want it are going to have to reassemble the zip file yourself after replacing the files manually and install the rom again. I'll start a new post when I have something.

Edited by twrock

Guest twrock

For testing: CM7.2_Arabic_patch.zip

This patch is specifically for Pier's CM7.2 port. I don't know if it might work in any other rom.

I have not tested this in any way. Use at your own risk. Always do a nandroid backup first.

Please give feedback so others will know if it works.

Edited by twrock

Guest twrock

I hope you can help in fixing arabic support to this rom "[Dev/Experimental][ROM] Ideos X3 gingerbread rom" made by dr flo

Ok, I tried. I make no guarantees that this works; I have not tested it at all. This is the Ideos X3 Gingerbread rom made by dr.flo with Arabic support, ........ I hope. :rolleyes:

This is not a patch you can install on top of your previously installed rom. It is the complete rom with the patch installed. I had to do it this way because I don't know how to make it work the typical way. I'm sure someone smarter than me could do it easily.

When you install this rom, you will lose EVERYTHING from your previous rom. Sorry, but that is just the way it works. Be sure you do a nandroid backup before proceeding.

Applying the patch was even more complicated, because I had to deodex the rom before I could work on it. So there are many steps to making this work, and any one of those steps could create problems. So if it doesn't work, I have nothing more I can think of to do.

Because of one problem in deodexing, VoiceSearch had to be removed from the rom (including the lib file). Fortunately you can reinstall it from the Market.

Good luck, and please give feedback. If it does work, I will put a post over in the original thread by dr.flo. But I don't want to do that unless it actually works.

Download link: pulse x3 gingerbread patched

(For future reference these are the files that were modified/replaced.)

Edited by twrock

Guest Ahmedfathy

Ok, I tried. I make no guarantees that this works; I have not tested it at all. This is the Ideos X3 Gingerbread rom made by dr.flo with Arabic support, ........ I hope. :rolleyes:

This is not a patch you can install on top of your previously installed rom. It is the complete rom with the patch installed. I had to do it this way because I don't know how to make it work the typical way. I'm sure someone smarter than me could do it easily.

When you install this rom, you will lose EVERYTHING from your previous rom. Sorry, but that is just the way it works. Be sure you do a nandroid backup before proceeding.

Applying the patch was even more complicated, because I had to deodex the rom before I could work on it. So there are many steps to making this work, and any one of those steps could create problems. So if it doesn't work, I have nothing more I can think of to do.

Because of one problem in deodexing, VoiceSearch had to be removed from the rom (including the lib file). Fortunately you can reinstall it from the Market.

Good luck, and please give feedback. If it does work, I will put a post over in the original thread by dr.flo. But I don't want to do that unless it actually works.

wow this is amazing rom on my phone u8230 i love this rom , arabic is very good you are a Genius thank you keep in work

biggrin.gif

Edited by Ahmedfathy

Guest twrock

wow this is amazing rom on my phone u8230 i love this rom , arabic is very good you are a Genius thank you keep in work

biggrin.gif

I'm glad it worked. Thanks for letting me know.

Since you have a u8230 (more rom space), I believe the full rom would fit into your /system partition and not need to be split out into /data (how dr.flo did it to make it fit into the u8220 partitions). I'd like to upload a version just for the u8230 to see if it works. If you (or someone else) would be willing to test it, I will build it and upload it. But I don't want to do the work if no one is going to test it. So I am looking for at least one person with a u8230 who needs Arabic to tell me that they will definitely test it and give feedback before I build it.

Guest welly123

Dear Twrock

It works like a charm, you are a genius. Thank you for this great work

Guest twrock

Dear Twrock

It works like a charm, you are a genius. Thank you for this great work

You are welcome.

I have added a post to the original thread announcing the availability.

Guest Ahmedfathy

I'm glad it worked. Thanks for letting me know.

Since you have a u8230 (more rom space), I believe the full rom would fit into your /system partition and not need to be split out into /data (how dr.flo did it to make it fit into the u8220 partitions). I'd like to upload a version just for the u8230 to see if it works. If you (or someone else) would be willing to test it, I will build it and upload it. But I don't want to do the work if no one is going to test it. So I am looking for at least one person with a u8230 who needs Arabic to tell me that they will definitely test it and give feedback before I build it.

i will feedback you about it and thank you on your work but i have problem the sound is low and the poweramp music player not work

Guest twrock
i will feedback you about it and thank you on your work but i have problem the sound is low and the poweramp music player not work

Ok, I will upload it later this evening (maybe 12 hours from now after I have had time to build it).

Regarding supporting this rom and solving any problems, I will have to ask you to take those kinds of problems over to the original thread. I don't use this rom. So I can't help with that. I am only trying to get Arabic support working here.

Guest twrock

it's look like good in arabic language ,stable, but still having problem in poweramp music player and sd card storage and when i make factory reset the rom don't start up

If you factory reset dr.flo's rom or the first Arabic support rom I made, those will definitely not boot.

But if you did a factory reset, then installed the latest "U8230" version, and then did a factory reset, it should work.

That is the whole reason why I tried to build that latest version for the U8230. But if it doesn't work, just go back to the original.

Note: you should do a factory reset before installing any new rom; if you don't do that every time, there can be many problems.

I don't know of anything I can do about the poweramp/SD card problem. I don't even understand what the problem is. I hope someone else can help.

Guest khalid adel

excuse me for my ignorant question

does this rom (including arabic) fits ZTE-skate 4.3

cause i'm facing this problem when i get Atomic rom r13 the arabic become separated alphabetics so i cant read a useful word by this separated arabic

if so please help me where to go ???

• 1 month later...