CyanogenMod 7 ROM (Android 2.3.5)

Guest godfromdfo

Guest godfromdfo

Hello all, this is the new Cyanogenmod 7 ROM thread, the old one was getting very full and the OP said he would stop keeping it maintained so I thought it would be a nice gesture to make a new thread and be able to keep it maintained.

No wipe, no whine.

Gen 2 only - If you are on Gen 1, why not look into the TPT upgrade from Gen1 to Gen2!

CyanogenMod The reason there are no CyanogenMod nightlies at the moment is because kernel.org was hacked and the android... fb.me/SCcfZabY

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The people who make this ROM do it completely free out of they're own good will - it may be nice to donate some money to them!

PS: I Think zeppelin will be fine with this thread and thankful he won't have to maintain the other one at all now, please use this thread from now on. Sorry this isn't as pretty as the old thread yet but hopefully it should contain all the info needed.

Edited by godfromdfo

Guest Pelemane

Yay 2nd!

btw CM is good :D and beer :DD

If you find this post helpful you can donate to swisstourist and gremlinman.

edit: Okay here is couple useful links:

Gapps: You need to install those if you want market etc. google apps.

Gen1 to Gen2 TPT upgrade: you need to be gen2 to use CM7.

If you face any bugs or force closes or strange behaviour, wipe before whining. You know "No wipe, no whine" thing.

And don't whine about battery life after 3 hours of using this ROM. Calibrate your battery and use it couple days before saying anything about battery.

Edited by Pelemane

Guest godfromdfo

Updated thread title!

I see nothing wrong with zepplin thread,it contains most of cm7 history for the blade,and,useful information.If a new thread was to be created,it should be at the next RC!

I agree - he did a great job but he said he's moved on from the blade and as the dev of CM 7 goes on he won't be able to keep his thread up to date; thus this.

Guest haxxbaxx

the main issue with the threads is the amount of filler you have to read through to get to the useful information such as;

Yay 2nd!

btw CM is good :D and beer :DD

If you find this post helpful you can donate to swisstourist and gremlinman.

Guest godfromdfo

the main issue with the threads is the amount of filler you have to read through to get to the useful information such as;

-

I will be actively reporting unrelated, spam, etc post to try and keep this thread clean.

Hi there,

i downloaded 179 the other day after using psyloids green ginger v4 for a while.

when i installed it i noticed that there was no market app in it, and also i needed to keep the wifi on to get on the net such as ebay apps and facebook???

i just saw the link above about downloading gapps to get market etc but when i click on the link it just keeps looping at the page about if the download does not start!!!

any help please???

thanks in advance

any news on wshen the new cm7 based on the other kernal is coming ??

Guest wishmasterf

nearly 14 days with no nightly. Anyone knows whats goint on? is the release 7.1 the next and there will be no nightly between that? would be great to get latest because there is a fix for blade (Change I40199f60: si4709: FM seek up/down support) i would like to get. Is there any way to install that fix manually?

Edited by wishmasterf

Guest targetbsp

this thread is not going to work unless you get the other one locked and a link put in it to this one.

The stuff we're mostly talking about in the old thread (the test kernel) started there though so currently it makes no sense to move ourselves here voluntarily - unless as you say the old one is locked.

Maybe people will start new topics here and it will gradually take over. Or maybe we'll see people are perfectly happy with the old thread. Leave it to the forum equivalent of natural selection I say. :D

Edited by targetbsp

nearly 14 days with no nightly. Anyone knows whats goint on? is the release 7.1 the next and there will be no nightly between that?

The reason there are no CyanogenMod nightlies at the moment is because kernel.org got hacked.

Guest godfromdfo

The reason there are no CyanogenMod nightlies at the moment is because kernel.org got hacked.

Thanks for that information, have you got an original source of this news?

Also, if people think something is missing from the original post, please do say.

Guest targetbsp

Yeah. For those not using it, the the new Gingerbread Kernel is coming along nicely. It's not yet in a nightly. Patchset 1 is available in a rom compiled by Sej7278, whilst 2 hasn't been compiled yet at the time of posting. Subject to testing (and kernel.org being back??) it's planned to be merged for nightlies this coming week I believe.

Here's a summary of what's new/coming etc:

Wifi is improved in that it can stay on whilst the phone sleeps. Currently only for 15 minutes I believe due to a timeout setting. But it shows it's now possible!

I'm told GPS is improved but I don't have much use for it personally.

Overall performance is pretty similar in benchmarks. To my eyes the 2d scrolling is little different from the Froyo kernel based CM7 but the game Pocket League Story seems to run faster in matches to me so there may be app improvements - unless it's a placebo effect!

No LED Notifications for missed events during sleep still but we're told they are coming some time in the future with options.

Current issues in patchset 1:

Some people experiencing random reboots due to overheat bug which older versions of CM7 experienced. I think this was a false temp reading rather than an actual overheat?

Phone can go to sleep during calls and not awake if you move it from your face. Unlike the last time we had this issue though, it does recover post call.

Both of these were fixed by workarounds in current CM7 and I understand patchset 1 was released without the workarounds to see if they were still needed. It seems they are and I would guess that Patchset 2 added these workarounds back?

Guest targetbsp

Thank you... I thought it was downloadable because linked here... :rolleyes:

I was actually gonna have a go at compiling it but ofc kernel.org is down isn't it. :(

Guest godfromdfo

I was actually gonna have a go at compiling it but ofc kernel.org is down isn't it. :(

I think kernal.org should have had some mirrors tbh.

Maybe cyanogen team will learn from this and host some of the aspects of kernal.org on another site.