[HOW-TO][GUIDE]Unlock X10 Bootloader Permanently

Guest rendeiro2005

Guest rendeiro2005

1st of all this IS NOT my work;

2nd i decided to create this guide after seeing/reading a lot of people at XDA forums having some dificulties and probably this will happen here aswell

3rd this guide is for the ones who had already android 2.3.3 with/without custom roms. Saying that, you WON´T NEED to downgrade your current firmware

4th this is ONLY for those who had SIM UNLOCKED if you have your SIM card locked please check HERE how to proceed.

Please DO NOT i mean DO NOT follow this guide if you won´t have SIM UNLOCKED!!!

5th all links provided are from the authors not mine

6th let´s move on wink.gif

-----------------------

I WON´T TAKE ANY RESPONSIBILITY IF YOU BRAKE YOUR PHONE!!!

YEAH! THAT´S RIGHT. WE FINALLY CAN DAMAGE OUR PHONES!!!!

YUUUUUPIIIIIIII

-----------------------

[THINGS YOU`LL NEED]

• Flashtool Version 0.2.9.1 or 0.3.0.0 (personally i prefer 2.9)
    • 0.2.9.1 from HERE
    • 0.3.0.0 from HERE

IMPORTANT NOTE:
      The 0.2.9.1 version already came with needed files to downgrade and upgrade kernels. If you decided to download the 0.3.0.0 version please download the following files, unzip them and put them on firmware folder of flashtool:

• Kernel Downgrade
            • Kernel Upgrade
              • QSD8250 Tool (unzip this anywhere)
                • This is the tool for unlock bootloader. Grab it HERE

[*]Custom Kernel

[*]For now i´ve got two options. Choose one:

[*]1st - Stock X10 FW 3.0.1.G.0.75 [FOR UNLOCKED BOOTLOADERS] - more info HERE

[*]x10_2.3.3_stock-with-xrecovery (place this on flashtool firmware folder)[*]x10_gb_stock_wifi_modules (place this on your SDCARD)

[*]2nd - DooMKernel [FOR UNLOCKED BOOTLOADERS] - more info HERE

[*]v04-FS (this kernel contains the stock mhz)

[*]x10_2.3.3_DooMKernel-v04-FS-FINAL (place this on flashtool firmware folder)[*]x10_gb_DoomKernel-v04-FS_wifi modules (place this on your SDCARD)

[*]v04b (overclocked version)

[*]x10_2.3.3_DooMKernel-v04b (place this on flashtool firmware folder)[*]x10_gb_DoomKernel-v04b_wifi modules (place this on your SDCARD)

-----------------------

[PROCEDURES]

Run X10FlashTool.exe and procedure as follow

10465229.png

After successfully flashed remove USB cable from PC

Turn your phone ON and
                right after the vibration
                connect your USB cable again to your PC.

Start the qsd8250_semc.cmd file from QSD8250 folder

WHEN
                flashtool recognizes your phone (root permitions and some other buttons can be pressed)
                CLOSE
                flashtool and press any key on qsd8250_semc window

If the process will succeed you´ll get something like this:

process requires standard 2.x android firmware.
[/size]
[/font]
[/color]
[/indent]
[indent]
[color="#111111"]
[font="Arial, Verdana, sans-serif"]
[size="2"]
Press any key to continue . . .
[/size]
[/font]
[/color]
[/indent]
[indent]
[color="#111111"]
[size="2"]
Getting ROOT rights.
[/size]
[/font]
[/color]
[/indent]
[indent]
[color="#111111"]
[size="2"]
1464 KB/s (585731 bytes in 0.390s)
[/size]
[/font]
[/color]
[/indent]
[indent]
[color="#111111"]
[size="2"]
error: protocol fault (no status)
[/size]
[/font]
[/color]
[/indent]
[indent]
[color="#111111"]
[size="2"]
Waiting ...
[/size]
[/font]
[/color]
[/indent]
[indent]
[color="#111111"]
[size="2"]
Removing NAND MPU restrictions via SEMC backdoor. Permanent. Require ROOT rights.
[/size]
[/font]
[/color]
[/indent]
[indent]
[color="#111111"]
[size="2"]
192 KB/s (3087 bytes in 0.015s)
[/size]
[/font]
[/color]
[/indent]
[indent]
[color="#111111"]
[size="2"]
success
[/size]
[/font]
[/color]
[/indent]
[indent]
[color="#111111"]
[size="2"]
Waiting ...
[/size]
[/font]
[/color]
[/indent]
[indent]
[color="#111111"]
[size="2"]
Getting ROOT rights.
[/size]
[/font]
[/color]
[/indent]
[indent]
[color="#111111"]
[size="2"]
Waiting ...
[/size]
[/font]
[/color]
[/indent]
[indent]
[color="#111111"]
[size="2"]
Writing patched semcboot. Two step process
[/size]
[/font]
[/color]
[/indent]
[indent]
[color="#111111"]
[size="2"]
First, we need get access to semcboot area
[/size]
[/font]
[/color]
[/indent]
[indent]
[color="#111111"]
[size="2"]
504 KB/s (8064 bytes in 0.015s)
[/size]
[/font]
[/color]
[/indent]
[indent]
[color="#111111"]
[size="2"]
Second, we need to write semcboot ;)
[/size]
[/font]
[/color]
[/indent]
[indent]
[color="#111111"]
[size="2"]
1531 KB/s (588236 bytes in 0.375s)
[/size]
[/font]
[/color]
[/indent]
[indent]
[color="#111111"]
[size="2"]
successfully wrote 0001ff80
[/size]
[/font]
[/color]
[/indent]
[indent]
[color="#111111"]
[size="2"]
Press any key to continue . . .

Now run Kernel Upgrade file on flashtool

Reboot and try to enter on xRecovery and Wipe Dalvik-Cache

Reboot your phone and copy/paste the dowloaded wifi modules from SDCARD to the correct places with root explorer (or something like that). On
every
pasted files long press, set permitions on
every boxes

note:
these files (both) should go to
/system/lib/modules

Power OFF your phone and flash your kernel choice (Stock or Doom´s one) through flashtool

Turn your phone ON

NOTE: when you reboot on step 11 and IF you DON´T SEE any SE logo then, congratz. YOU´RE A FREE GUY/GAL tongue.giftongue.giftongue.gif

-----------------------

[CREDITS]

Androxyde & Bin4ry for creating such a wonderful tool as FlashTool

the_laser for QSD8250 and for creating a complete bootloader cracker

DooMLoRD for creating these great kernel files and make them user friendly

FreeXperia Team for everythingwink.gif (you can find this team work HERE and contribute to development)

finally at least myself for making this laugh.gif

Edited by rendeiro2005

Guest rendeiro2005

The above steps were the ones i take it to get full unlock bootloader.

[bUGS]

For now the above "cracked" kernels can´t go to deep sleep.

Soon we´ll have a fix for that.

[EXPLANATION - SIMPLE WAY]

"

Boot Loader/SPL : In literal terms, boot loader is code that is executed before any Operating System starts to run. The concept of boot loaders is universal to virtually all Operating systems that inculcates operating systems on your PC, laptop, smartphones, and other such devices. Boot loaders basically package the instructions to boot operating system kernel and most of them also have their own debugging or modification environment. As the boot loader kicks off before any piece of software on your device, it makes it extremely processor specific and every motherboard has it’s own boot loader.

Boot Loader/SPL (Unlocked) : A locked or unlocked boot loader is what gives you access to “root.” “Root” is another big word in the Android community. If you “root” a device, it means you have “super user” access or “administrator” access to the operating system that runs on your phone.Root access of your Android device gives you the ability to flash ROMs.

One of the most popular ROMs was created by a team called the CyanogenMod(CM), and their current rom is CM7, which is built on Android 2.3 Gingerbread. What this means is that if you have a phone that has an unlocked boot loader and root access, you can flash the CM7 ROM to your phone with a couple more steps. This also means that you can get access to most of the features in the latest version of Android that is commercially available, without having to wait for your manufacturer or carrier to give you an official update.

Kernel : It's the main component of Android operating system.

It is a bridge between applications and the actual data processing done at the hardware level.

The kernel's responsibilities include managing the system's resources (the communication between hardware and software components).

[Usually as a basic component of an operating system, a kernel can provide the lowest-level abstraction layer for the resources

(especially processors and I/O devices) that application software must control to perform its function.

It typically makes these facilities available to application processes through inter-process communication mechanisms and system calls.

Operating system tasks are done differently by different kernels, depending on their design and implementation.]

Root : Common word associated with giving a user "super user" access to their phones programming and other various aspects that would normally not be possible, also known as "Jailbroken" for iPhone's, "Administrator Rights" in Windows OS.

"

Source HERE

Edited by rendeiro2005

Guest rendeiro2005

Excellent dude, will give this ago at a later date when I can get setool2 from one of my trustworthy torrent sites :-)

you still can do this by running qsd8250_setool2.cmd from here

i just didn´t consider this step cause i have a SIM UNLOCKED and don´t wanna post something that i´m not sure how. but i really think that´s enough.

Guest 4llerbuntu

great tut.

only thing is, im on stock, i didnt have to do the wifi modules thingy. everything works quite well

guess its for folks on custom roms?

anyway, u should also edit the tutorial to point out where exactly the wifi modules should be posted. im not sure many people know that.

thanks, great job bro

Guest rendeiro2005

great tut.

only thing is, im on stock, i didnt have to do the wifi modules thingy. everything works quite well

guess its for folks on custom roms?

anyway, u should also edit the tutorial to point out where exactly the wifi modules should be posted. im not sure many people know that.

thanks, great job bro

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gifyou got that rightlaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

changing TUT to insert that info wink.gif

edit: about the wifi modules. good point. i was on custom rom so i´m not sure about that. either way it doesn´t make any harm

Edited by rendeiro2005

Guest hemo1001

why should we unlock the bootloader at this time .... are we getting true MT - 16M - faster boot soon or this is just for devs ... this method can be included with the flasher if someone could reprograme x10 flasher...

Edit: anyway thanx alot for this topic

Edited by hemo1001

Guest rendeiro2005

why should we unlock the bootloader at this time .... are we getting true MT - 16M - faster boot soon or this is just for devs ... this method can be included with the flasher if someone could reprograme x10 flasher

yes....at latter stage.

very soon J will release a CM7 version with fully working camera ONLY for unlocked bootloaders.

i ask you almost the same question. why bother to root 2.1 if we know SE will release a 2.3 android version?

and...why not? ;)

Guest vaykosill

hey R ,thank you,just a question !

is there any difference between two methods of unlocking ? i mean goin to 2.1 and downgradin the kernel only ?

is deep sleep isue present in both ?

Guest rendeiro2005

hey R ,thank you,just a question !

is there any difference between two methods of unlocking ? i mean goin to 2.1 and downgradin the kernel only ?

is deep sleep isue present in both ?

If you´re on 2.3.3 already doesn´t make any sense got back to 2.1 if you can get it by kernel, does it?

The deep sleep exist only on 2nd - DooMKernel [FOR UNLOCKED BOOTLOADERS] but with the other one you can´t OC or anything since it´s SE kernel with the correct files to work on free bootloader.

hope i was clear?biggrin.gif

Cheers

Guest rendeiro2005

maybe this is a noob question but what is the benefit of having an unlock bootloader?

it it "a noob question"tongue.gif ...just kiddin´

resume: completely freedom/creation

more exhaustive explanation HERE

Guest MuffinX

I got a question!

After I flashed Kernel Downgrade pull off my usb cable and turned on my phone I pulled the usb cabel in my pc right after the vibration.

The Phone stucks at SE logo. But Flashtool isn't recognizing my phone sad.gif! Some ideas?

Guest rendeiro2005

pinned

Thks;)

I got a question!

After I flashed Kernel Downgrade pull off my usb cable and turned on my phone I pulled the usb cabel in my pc right after the vibration.

The Phone stucks at SE logo. But Flashtool isn't recognizing my phone sad.gif! Some ideas?

1. on witch flashtool?2. unplug / turn on phone / after vibration connect cable3. after these process flashtool should recognize your phone. It´s normal to get stuck, no problem4. IF after a while stil don´t see any changes on flashtool try to close it and run cmd file5. proceed with the rest if you´ve been successful

this just made me more confused.... blink.gifblink.gifblink.gif

stick with the resume biggrin.gif

you can improve speed, FPS, more control on mhz....more control

Guest rendeiro2005

I got a question!

simpler guide?!

1. Downgrade kernel on flashtool

2. Unplug USB

3. Run cmd file from azuzu

4. Press power button on phone and plug USB right after vibration

5. When you see the options on flashtool, close it, then run cmd file

6. When its done upgrade kernel

7. Then with root explorer copy/paste wifi modules to the right directories and set permitions

8. Flash dooms kernel

9. Voila

Guest rendeiro2005

ok, by unlocking bootloader, will this reset my phone? right now, my x10 is on trip's miui 1.8.26 and if i unlock bootloader, will this reset my phone/data?

if you follow this procedure. the answer is NO

Just in case if anything goes wrong and you have the needed to reflash a full firmware do a backup

Guest rendeiro2005
I got a question!

The Phone stucks at SE logo. But Flashtool isn't recognizing my phone ! Some ideas?

Were you able to correct that?

Guest rendeiro2005
once this is done, do we do the same pressing back button to get into recovery ?

Always.

Back for xRec or Down Vol. for CWM.

You always need to give a command to inform OS what you want to do.

For now electronics don't guess:D

Cheers

R

Edited by rendeiro2005

Guest StillBrilliant

I got a question!

Your phone probably stucks at SE (text) logo because you've downgraded the kernel files. That's expected behavior.

If you upgraded the kernel files back your phone would start.

What do you mean with Flashtool isn't recognizing your phone? Does a window pop up asking which phone you have? Or isn't it recognizing a phone at all?

In the first case you should be able to continue following rendeiro's guide. In the second case... well, I don't know

Edited by StillBrilliant

Guest BigD18t

Always.

Back for xRec or Down Vol. for CWM.

You always need to give a command to inform OS what you want to do.

For now electronics don't guess:D

Cheers

R

Cheers, will have a go later tonight then, is CWM pre installed in the kernal as ive not seen it mentioned before.