Differences b\w GSF and CAE.

Guest Akash P

I would really like to know the MAJOR differences between GSF and Complete Android Experience 2.3.4. I have always been a fan of GSF (using the latest one 23), I did try out CAE 1.1, but in my experience it was just ..meeh. I know that CAE does give much higher score in Quadrant, which i really dont care about. wbaw has made quite a few refinements to GSF, it is by far the most stable ROM i've tried out. Many of my friends have asked me the difference so i reallty would like to know.

Could anyone please tell me wat SAMI has achieved in his rom that betters WBAW's??

(Please dont tell me faster scrolling and all that eye candy related stuff. i want real refinments like gps, app performance, crashes, battery life)

Please try not to hate the other ROM just because you dont like it. Let this be a clean thread useful to one who has to choose between the two ROM's.

Edited by Akash P

Personally I think this poll will be too subjective to be useful. If you need differences between things like GPS, stability, battery life, those things are all going to be greatly affected by users' choice of apps, usage pattern and individual tweaking. For many people I think 'eye candy' is important because it affects the user experience which is basically what everything boils down to so I think still counts towards 'real world performance and everyday usage'. I suspect you'll just end up with the expected 'more people use GSF so more people think its better' result.

Edited by flshg

Here we go :rolleyes:

No need for another poll to say what's the difference between the two ROMs. That's like asking the difference between a Skoda and a Ferrari! One person's trash is another person's treasure. To each and their own.

Have you actually tried them out, played with the two ROMs? Formed your own judgement based on your own experience....

The answers here will be personally biased so that poll is as subjective and about as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike doing 90km/h :)

Guest rockstarszzzz

How long before mods lock this thread?

*sigh..... brown bag....sigh*

Tip: This thread will burn in flame war by fan-boys!

Nudge-Nudge-Wink-Wink - Mods unleash the whips! ;)

Edit: Sami keep up the good work mate, even wbaw has voted for your ROM ;)

Akash I thought this thread would help you and will make your thread look more useless - http://android.modac...-rule-them-all/ :P

Edited by rockstarszzzz

Guest Sami Beck

Wbaws a great dev, he has a brilliant piece of work going on and I look upto to him as a fellow developer, he is a proper dev. Please lock this thread itll cause arguments.