Stock GB ROM release countdown....

Guest vulpy

The rumour mill (almost burning these days) has it that the official GB will be released anytime soon (matter of days)... I am in love with the fantastic build quality and blazing fast performance of my but am desperate to see a fix for the deep sleep and power down issues that cripple this fantastic machine.

We will then have an answer to the scarry question:

1) is the HW flawed and the Tegra + IFX architecture simply does not work stably or...

2) LG programmers are just a bunch of losers who have alot to learn about Android and hopefully 1 yr down the road they will make it right

I am counting: 3... 2... 1...

EDIT (19 Sept): Looks like LG keeps up the "...almost there" game, instead of the final/public GB ROM we've got a... trully marvelous v20e leak :)

This thing is just blazing fast and 48h (already) crash free !!! C'mon LG, call it a deal, put it as official, nobody will hate you (more than they do eventually)... I am ok with it and use it as my main ROM now.

Edited by vulpy

Guest everett_psycho

Seeing how much better both pauls Rom and cm7 is I'm already guessing that its option 2. Hopefully their gb update will right their wrongs and that's why it took them so long,I'll forgive them if it does

Guest Anil K Solanki

Seeing how much better both pauls Rom and cm7 is I'm already guessing that its option 2. Hopefully their gb update will right their wrongs and that's why it took them so long,I'll forgive them if it does

Hi everett_psycho, how are you finding the O2X? Also, have you had any of the issues that vulpy has mentioned? I'm running CM7 N127, and the O2X is really great. If I ever forget how great, I just pick up one of my chicks 2 Blade's. :)

Anil.

Guest Anil K Solanki

The rumour mill (almost burning these days) has it that the official GB will be released anytime soon (matter of days)... I am in love with the fantastic build quality and blazing fast performance of my but am desperate to see a fix for the deep sleep and power down issues that cripple this fantastic machine.

We will then have an answer to the scarry question:

1) is the HW flawed and the Tegra + IFX architecture simply does not work stably or...

2) LG programmers are just a bunch of losers who have alot to learn about Android and hopefully 1 yr down the road they will make it right

I am counting: 3... 2... 1...

Hi vulpy, any chance of a link to the burning rumour mill?

Anil.

Guest everett_psycho

Can't say I've had any issues really, i had one forced restart and a surreal issue where it changed my unlock code without me asking it to (that lead to a reflash). Other than that its been great, nice and nippy where it needs to be, well after you ditch the stock Rom it is, still a shame about cm7 not supporting the fm radio, it really was a significant speed boost even over the mcr. Still its a massive upgrade when coming from the HTC hero, and personally i think 4 inches is the sweet spot for a phones screen, the sgs2 and sensation are just too big for me, i was tempted to wait for the nexus prime bit the rumoured 4.5 inches is bordering on tablet territory

Edited by everett_psycho

Guest Anil K Solanki

Can't say I've had any issues really, i had one forced restart and a surreal issue where it changed my unlock code without me asking it to (that lead to a reflash). Other than that its been great, nice and nippy where it needs to be, well after you ditch the stock Rom it is, still a shame about cm7 not supporting the fm radio, it really was a significant speed boost even over the mcr. Still its a massive upgrade when coming from the HTC hero, and personally i think 4 inches is the sweet spot for a phones screen, the sgs2 and sensation are just too big for me, i was tempted to wait for the nexus prime bit the rumoured 4.5 inches is bordering on tablet territory

Hi, shame about the FM radio not included in Cyanogen. 4 inches is definitely the sweet spot for WVGA (800x480) devices, any bigger and you lose clarity. 4 inches is also the max for me in terms of comfort. I have long digits, but stretching any further would be, err, a stretch. :)

Have fun. Anil.

Guest Harbromme

Just got a message from the PC Suite IV phone update that new software for the LGOS would be available (not PC Suite software itself).

But after the updater started, it brought me, no new software for my phone.....

So maybe soon.

Edited by Harbromme

Guest Anil K Solanki

This's really funny http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=17580590&postcount=193

Note: you never buy a lg mobile in the rest of your life

Sounds like you are shooting yourself in the foot with your last statement. I got my O2X for £270 brand new, and I use Cyanogen which it runs beautifully. I did my research beforehand, so I knew Bluetooth audio & the FM radio don't work in Cyanogen. The O2X is very beautiful & well constructed hardware. I would buy LG again if my researched showed it would meet my needs.

Anil.

Guest Anil K Solanki

Agree it's a great phone but support must come from lg not cyanogen team. This phone should have gb the first day not froyo.

Br

In an ideal world, the phone manufacturers would give us everything we want. If the phone didn't have Gingerbread when you bought it, and you want Gingerbread, don't buy it, simple. I have a friend with a HTC desire on VODAFONE UK and I think they only got Gingerbread around 6 weeks ago. Amazing.

The choice is very simple if you want the latest ANDROID OS, buy a pure Google phone. Don't get me wrong, I understand where you are coming from. But it doesn't change the reality.

I only shortlisted my O2X because it is supported by Cyanogen. I decided to buy it when respected users like "Rusty" and many others, gave the combination the thumbs up. Waiting for what manufacturers "should do" is futile. I know of iPhone users saying Apple should add a notification light to the next Gen iPhone. Again a futile waste of time. Do some research before you buy, and life is much smoother. Never hiccup free, but definitely more enjoyable.

Have fun. Anil.

Such a shame that a piece of beautiful hardware will probably never get the software it deserves. CM7 is good, but not exactly the silver bullet. On my device running CM7, mounting USB still has a 50/50 chance of crashing the phone, and the phone still experiences performance degradation after 100 hours of uptime. WiFi fails almost like clockwork past that mark too. Either LG or nVidia fails at software engineering.

A real shame since the screen is absolutely gorgeous compared to the AMOLED stuff that Samsung is obsessed with.

Guest Anil K Solanki

Such a shame that a piece of beautiful hardware will probably never get the software it deserves. CM7 is good, but not exactly the silver bullet. On my device running CM7, mounting USB still has a 50/50 chance of crashing the phone, and the phone still experiences performance degradation after 100 hours of uptime. WiFi fails almost like clockwork past that mark too. Either LG or nVidia fails at software engineering.

A real shame since the screen is absolutely gorgeous compared to the AMOLED stuff that Samsung is obsessed with.

Wow, connecting via USB has a 50% chance of crashing your phone? I've never had that issue on my previous Blade or this O2X both running Cyanogen. Is that when you connect to a computer or charging via the wall adapter? Either way that sounds smelly & a major pain-in-the-ass. Sorry dude.

I use ROM manager premium to perform a backup of the phone every night whilst it's charging, so it reboots every night. As for the screen, at first I found the colours way over saturated. But now, everything else look dull and lifeless.

Sincerely sorry to hear of your woes. Anil.

Wow, connecting via USB has a 50% chance of crashing your phone? I've never had that issue on my previous Blade or this O2X both running Cyanogen. Is that when you connect to a computer or charging via the wall adapter? Either way that sounds smelly & a major pain-in-the-ass. Sorry dude.

I use ROM manager premium to perform a backup of the phone every night whilst it's charging, so it reboots every night. As for the screen, at first I found the colours way over saturated. But now, everything else look dull and lifeless.

Sincerely sorry to hear of your woes. Anil.

Thank you. I like the P990 despite the problems I'm having. In fact judging from the posts here and on XDA I think my unit is an above average one. At least I don't have more serious issues like BSOD when on the wall charger or losing 3G data, or just plain poor voice call quality. I usually charge with USB, but by plugging it in really slowly, the phone will think it's on a wall charger and will charge up twice as fast, and it has never crashed while doing so. It's when I'm done copying files via USB that the phone has a good chance of crashing when it's remounting the internal and external SDs.

Guest arrediabo

My first Android phone was a Samsung (i7500), and at some point i thought "Samsung doesn't care! i will never buy samsung again!", then i had a ZTE (blade); and at some point i thought "ZTE doesn't care! i will never buy ZTE again!" Now i own a LG...

Guest Anil K Solanki

My first Android phone was a Samsung (i7500), and at some point i thought "Samsung doesn't care! i will never buy samsung again!", then i had a ZTE (blade); and at some point i thought "ZTE doesn't care! i will never buy ZTE again!" Now i own a LG...

The question now I suppose is, "what's next, an iPhone?".…

Perfect hardware & perfect software do not exist by design. The manufacturers want you to want the next big thing. Apple are the masters of this. HTC go about creating a desire by launching a new handset every other week.

Anil.

Guest arrediabo

The question now I suppose is, "what's next, an iPhone?".…

Perfect hardware & perfect software do not exist by design. The manufacturers want you to want the next big thing. Apple are the masters of this. HTC go about creating a desire by launching a new handset every other week.

Anil.

Now I'm happy with this device. I know (almost) for sure the bad support from LG is just about the rule, so no worries there. Official update is taking to long? Better find out some good custom ROM

I would consider an Iphone to be a downgrade now :lol:

Guest Anil K Solanki

Now I'm happy with this device. I know (almost) for sure the bad support from LG is just about the rule, so no worries there. Official update is taking to long? Better find out some good custom ROM

I would consider an Iphone to be a downgrade now :lol:

The iPhone is perfect for a certain type of person. I do sometimes wish we had the integrated simplicity of iOS, and all that implies. But I feel the same as you, giving up features such as notifications lights would be like going back to black & white TV. F**k that.

Anil.

Edited by Anil K Solanki