Stock GB ROM release countdown....

Guest vulpy

Thanks. I wouldn't call that "burning". Lot"s of unconfirmed reports and whishful thinking. Time to move on until there are reports of people actually having GB in their hands.

Anil.

Well... this must be the reason why we call it "rumour"...

Guest Anil K Solanki

Well... this must be the reason why we call it "rumour"...

Another rumour say's Elvis is still alive. Another rumour say's iPhone 5 will have a bigger screen. Have fun with your rumours.

Anil.

In an ideal world, the phone manufacturers would give us everything we want. If the phone didn't have Gingerbread when you bought it, and you want Gingerbread, don't buy it, simple. I have a friend with a HTC desire on VODAFONE UK and I think they only got Gingerbread around 6 weeks ago. Amazing.

The choice is very simple if you want the latest ANDROID OS, buy a pure Google phone. Don't get me wrong, I understand where you are coming from. But it doesn't change the reality.

I only shortlisted my O2X because it is supported by Cyanogen. I decided to buy it when respected users like "Rusty" and many others, gave the combination the thumbs up. Waiting for what manufacturers "should do" is futile. I know of iPhone users saying Apple should add a notification light to the next Gen iPhone. Again a futile waste of time. Do some research before you buy, and life is much smoother. Never hiccup free, but definitely more enjoyable.

Have fun. Anil.

Agree mate, I think best choice it's a nexus phone if the next one had a great hardware.

Br

Edited by yukkio

Looks like LG keeps up the "...almost there" game, instead of the final/public GB ROM we've got a... trully marvelous v20e leak :)

This thing is just blazing fast and 48h (already) crash free !!! C'mon LG, call it a deal, put it as official, nobody will hate you (more than they do eventually)... I am ok with it and use it as my main ROM now.

Guest wizard83

LG in the box - facebook Italy

Comunichiamo con dispiacere che il rilascio di Gingerbread per Optimus Dual subirà un ritardo. Continuiamo a lavorare per distribuire l'aggiornamento il prima possibile, vi terremo aggiornati su ulteriori sviluppi.

We communicate with regret that the release of Gingerbread for Optimus Dual will be delayed. We continue to work to deploy the update as soon as possible, we will keep you updated on further developments.

Just chatted with Phones4U a while ago and they said

Paul B says:

The estimated date for Gingerbread being released on LG handsets is November of this year. That has comer from our LG expert event we held earlier this month.

Batkoto seems to have gone quiet on this of late. Any updates buddy or is LG as pathetic as Nissan Au (if not worse)?

Agree mate, I think best choice it's a nexus phone if the next one had a great hardware.

Br

regardless if you think it doesnt have great hardware, if your aim is to be the first one to get an update when the next os iteration comes, it has to be a nexus phone..

but now its different with cyanogenmod, I know alot will defend that cyanogenmod doesnt have alot of working stuff compared to stock roms, but, if your ok with some stuff not working(like ad2p/radio -> our case with lg 02x), then having cyanogenmod on it is already a good deal, imo..

...Just a quick update: the v20e leaked install is still so very stable !!! Wondering if LG really nailed down the stability issues (either by deliberate actions/work of by pure chance)....

Happy so far, the good news is that the route was not to underclock the machine (this ROM is faaaast) but rather work on the code... cross fingers...

P.S. I remember the early days of GB dev on the Blade, crashes/reboots were frequent, the HW had nothing to do with it

...Just a quick update: the v20e leaked install is still so very stable !!! Wondering if LG really nailed down the stability issues (either by deliberate actions/work of by pure chance)....

Happy so far, the good news is that the route was not to underclock the machine (this ROM is faaaast) but rather work on the code... cross fingers...

P.S. I remember the early days of GB dev on the Blade, crashes/reboots were frequent, the HW had nothing to do with it

Someone at XDA spoke to LG Regional Department for Mobile Firmware Development and they reckon it will be mid december before they relaese GB, the specific date being 13-12-2011

Also posted by the same user was that

"LG have said that they noticed a big fault in the firmware that would fry the motherboard and many codes have to be re-written."

Well, we already knew LG had cocked up their firmware. It took them the best part of a year to find something that their users realised within a few days of using the phone. Does this also imply that their current software is unsafe and can fry the phones?

Guest wizard83

Raffaele Cinquegrana, sales manager of LG Italy, posted this note on LG Italy facebook page:

As we announced yesterday the release of Gingerbread for Optimus Dual will be delayed due to a development that is requesting more time than expected.

We are very disappointed that they failed to meet a deadline that we set, perhaps too optimistically, and we understand your disappointment.

With this note we would like to reiterate that we are working to be able to release the update in a few weeks: at this time we can not tell you a date, and do not want to do before you have the certainty of being able to fulfill the promise.

The timing of the development are due to the desire to provide the best software possible, so we ask you a little 'patience, trust and dialogue. This page is a channel to which we are attached and we would like it to be a useful tool for you. Here we have always behaved with the utmost transparency, trying to meet everyone. In this case, unfortunately, given the scope and tone of the comments we are forced to respond to this note to you all.

We will continue to be available to you, thank you for your cooperation.

Raffaele Cinquegrana, sales manager of LG Italy, posted this note on LG Italy facebook page:

As we announced yesterday the release of Gingerbread for Optimus Dual will be delayed due to a development that is requesting more time than expected.

We are very disappointed that they failed to meet a deadline that we set, perhaps too optimistically, and we understand your disappointment.

With this note we would like to reiterate that we are working to be able to release the update in a few weeks: at this time we can not tell you a date, and do not want to do before you have the certainty of being able to fulfill the promise.

The timing of the development are due to the desire to provide the best software possible, so we ask you a little 'patience, trust and dialogue. This page is a channel to which we are attached and we would like it to be a useful tool for you. Here we have always behaved with the utmost transparency, trying to meet everyone. In this case, unfortunately, given the scope and tone of the comments we are forced to respond to this note to you all.

We will continue to be available to you, thank you for your cooperation.

Nice message... and a desperate one as it is coming from a Sales Manager... The normal channel would have been Marketing/Dev teams, the fact that Sales Management is stepping up taking the heat is a brave and desperate situation.

I am doing the same job for a large SW company and I know how tough this must be for the field guys at LG.

I would really keep an eye on this channel as she will most probably continue to share accurate info while the LG marketing. post sales teams will be full of s....

Wondering if the bricking risk is real, this doesn't look good... hmmmmm, is there a HW issue after all?

Guest Anil K Solanki

Wondering if the bricking risk is real, this doesn't look good... hmmmmm, is there a HW issue after all?

Hi vulpy, I'm new to the O2X, and you seem to be in the know. Would you mind telling me what is the hardware issue you're referring to? Also you mentioned "bricking"?

Many thanks in advance. Anil

Guest everett_psycho
But 2.4 isn't out yet and if LG release 2.3 then that would make their phones have the current OS. And when has LG been up to date

But ics will be out before we get 2.3 so we won't ever have the latest one, oh well here's hoping cm comes to our aid with some ics goodness

Edited by everett_psycho

December? They might as well jump straight to ics development and forget gb completely

I wish, but then I don't want my update in 2013. To be honest I don't want the latest OS. All I want is an optimised bit of software on my phone which eliminates issues like freezing, random reboots, lockdown etc and improves the performance to what one should expect from the hardware on the phone.

Guest Anil K Solanki

I wish, but then I don't want my update in 2013. To be honest I don't want the latest OS. All I want is an optimised bit of software on my phone which eliminates issues like freezing, random reboots, lockdown etc and improves the performance to what one should expect from the hardware on the phone.

Hi, without wanting to sound like a broken record, or uncaring of your plight. Use Cyanogenmod 7. I use it and it is flawless on my lovely O2X and my girlfriends two ZTE Blade handsets. There is no FM radio & Bluetooth audio (music), are not available.

Cyanogenmod is a great ROM for everyone, not just computer geeks. Just a thought.

Anil

Edited by Anil K Solanki

Guest everett_psycho

I'm not fussed about gb at all really but you're right that stable software is really owed to those who bought a o2x, it should have had that on release day. I'm intrigued by ics though, not intrigued enough to have got a nexus s for more money than i got my o2x for just to have it first.

Hi, without wanting to sound like a broken record, or uncaring of you plight. Use Cyanogenmod7. I use and it is flawless on my lovely O2X and my girlfriends two ZTE Blade handsets. There is no FM radio & Bluetooth audio (music), are not available.

Cyanogenmod is a great ROM for everone, not just computer geeks. Just a thought.

Anil

Would do it but had a bad experience with my first flash as the phone developed USB connectivity problems probably hardware related and I couldn't go back to stock for the service. I'm waiting for Paul to release gr3 tbh and will then decide between that and topogigis v20e based ROM. Been in touch with LG and waiting for their response as well.

Guest Anil K Solanki

Would do it but had a bad experience with my first flash as the phone developed USB connectivity problems probably hardware related and I couldn't go back to stock for the service. I'm waiting for Paul to release gr3 tbh and will then decide between that and topogigis v20e based ROM. Been in touch with LG and waiting for their response as well.

Hi mparack, sorry to hear your first experience went smelly, dodgy hardware will affect any ROM, even official ones from LG. At least Cyanogenmod is an option available to you. I hope you find a ROM that suits your needs. Cyanogenmod running on the O2X is a true dream Combined with Launcher Pro, and an app called Folder Organiser, I truly have to laugh at iOS users. Sure they get security, but they give up so much freedom in the process. This is the genius of the O2X (bought mine for £270 brand new) & Cyanogenmod combo.

Finally, I bought the game Nova 2 HD from the Marketplace today on special offer, £0.69, a lot of reviews said it wouldn't run on their über spec hardware. But I bought it anyway, what the hell I thought. F**k me, it plays and looks way better than a PS2 game! It's that good, both the game & the O2X hardware. So it sincerely pains me to hear of users having such woes with the LG ROM. Hopefully Paul will be able to put these woes to bed real soon. Me, I love Cyanogenmod, the dev teams are really producing a labour of love. I salute them.

Have fun. Anil.

Edited by Anil K Solanki

agree with you there anil, I really dont understand whats wrong with the current roms with O2x, theres nothing I could ask for, I'm totally pleased with this phone ;)

......Finally, I bought the game Nova 2 HD from the Marketplace today on special offer, £0.69, a lot of reviews said it wouldn't run on their über spec hardware. But I bought it anyway, what the hell I thought. F**k me, it plays and looks way better than a PS2 game! It's that good, both the game & the O2X hardware. So it sincerely pains me to hear of users having such woes with the LG ROM. Hopefully Paul will be able to put these woes to bed real soon. Me, I love Cyanogenmod, the dev teams are really producing a labour of love. I salute them.

Have fun. Anil.

Guest GroovyGrovesy
This is the genius of the O2X (bought mine for £270 brand new) & Cyanogenmod combo.

I paid £430 for this phone when it first came out and all I want from it is for it to be stable and not reboot twice or more times per day and have a BSOD 2 to 3 times per week. It would also be nice for it not to need a reboot every now again (forced) to get rid of the poxy slowdown it inflicts on itself every now and again.

From a High End, Expensive, Flagship phone that should be the least anyone expects. Also if I am paying over £400 for a phone it shouldn't need the warranty voided because a custom Rom needs to be installed to make the phone usable. LG have failed big time with this device and I certainly will not be getting another one made by them. To top it all off I am being F*cked about by Superetrader who are now refusing to talk to me about it and think if they ignore me I am going to go away, they'll learn ;)

Also the fact that you paid £270 a short while after I paid £430 says a lot about this device and where it's headed. Before long it will be cheaper than a brand new HTC Desire (original), how sad is that.

G