CyanogenMod 6.1.1 for B7610 update 01-06 // I am stopping my contributions as my phone died

Guest erikcas

Guest LightningBullet

New update available. Changes and link in first post.

Don't forget to reboot after updating!

Could need some help with compass, driversource file here

Reverting X and Y is not enough.. Think 3D. compare with original file here

(I've been struggling with this from march on in kern_oII. Need someone with fresh insights. Thanx!)

What exactly is the current problem with the compass? Guess I can look into 3d rotations and stuff (I like matrices :))

Guest erikcas

What exactly is the current problem with the compass? Guess I can look into 3d rotations and stuff (I like matrices )

Almost done it I think. It is 90 degrees off, due to flipping and reverting.

You can look for yourself in a compass app

Guest matriX1218

Almost done it I think. It is 90 degrees off, due to flipping and reverting.

You can look for yourself in a compass app

I think new update is coming...:lol:

Guest ErnstJanF

Currently compassfix is burning the battery and causes freezes/sods. Have to fix that first before updating.

SMS still working! I was screwing around getting ADB to work to transfer files.. Hate myself for not looking at the new USB-storage option rolleyes.gif

Only problem now: I created a 256MB linux-swap this time, and It's not recognized by android.. still working, but updates from market are very slow and I cannot download large apps laugh.gif

Guest erikcas

SMS still working! I was screwing around getting ADB to work to transfer files.. Hate myself for not looking at the new USB-storage option rolleyes.gif

Only problem now: I created a 256MB linux-swap this time, and It's not recognized by android.. still working, but updates from market are very slow and I cannot download large apps laugh.gif

whats in your /etc/fstab and whats the number of swap partition and is that on sd or my storage. And why 256? 128 is more then enough.

Edited by erikcas

Guest ErnstJanF

whats in your /etc/fstab and whats the number of swap partition and is that on sd or my storage. And why 256? 128 is more then enough.

256MB -> Had to try something to get my bugs fixed unsure.gif

/etc/fstab does not exist

swap-partition = internal/p2

It worked out-of-the-box on previous versions, will try to get it fixed rolleyes.gif

Guest wolfgluck

I had test Troyo Beta3 in My B7610. Its working, amazing

i had start using it. Make some call, sms; and install some apps on its

Apps work well, about fruit ninja, angry Brid

But

after 10 minutes. B7610 is hot. and hotter than when it work more

i dont like this, because i think it make dump for batery

and, keyboard light alway turn on when it working

Tks erikcas and every body mod Android for B7610

i will used and,My experience tells

sory my english is very bad

Guest geniussbk

I have the same thing with the battery. Today, the test done at a minimum brightness, turned on flight mode and ran a simple game without using the g-sensor. 2 hours from a fully charged battery is left only 12%. Time enough movies in 3 times less than the wm.

Guest erikcas

But

keyboardlight = led = consuming almost no energy and = not getting hot

Think the problem for battery drain is with the sensor, more specific the compass calibration. Untill not solved this will be a problem. It is solved on I8000, but is a very hard job to convert to 7610. We did not solve this from eclair on, see here. I think I have to look at another binary for akmd2, it seems not solvable by adjusting the kernel

Btw. My phone is not getting hot? Edit: phone is getting hot after every fresh install. Think this is caused by android updating all system apps simultaniously. Once updated phone does not heat up anymore

Edited by erikcas

Guest erikcas

256MB -> Had to try something to get my bugs fixed

/etc/fstab does not exist

swap-partition = internal/p2

It worked out-of-the-box on previous versions, will try to get it fixed

You have to create it when install manually. On installer it is created for you.

In first post of 8000 topic is a link to a manual install tut. The creation and content of fstab is described there

But

Android seem could not manage B7610 CPU correctly,it always run as fast.you can install a software "SETCPU",it could manage B7610 CPU

speed,and B7610 will be not hot.

Guest matriX1218

@erik

My battery lasts only 8-10 hrs...:blink: and phone is heating up if i use internet for just 10-15 min...

btw can anybody tell me how to see contacts from sim card... I just realize that my phone is not showing contacts from SIM card.. :lol:

any suggestions...?

Guest geniussbk

Android seem could not manage B7610 CPU correctly,it always run as fast.you can install a software "SETCPU",it could manage B7610 CPU

speed,and B7610 will be not hot.

thank, phone is slower, but battery lasts several times longer

Guest geniussbk

btw can anybody tell me how to see contacts from sim card... I just realize that my phone is not showing contacts from SIM card.. :lol:

any suggestions...?

method first

Transfer contacts from WM to Android

Contacts convenient to carry through the inet. Get Google from the WM, and from there go to the phone itself (android) with pictures and stuff.

It's simple:

Start - activesync

Menu - add.server-source (or server configuration)

"E-mail:" Your email address (for example, [email protected]) and remove the checkbox to "Automatically detect Ekschayndzh server." further

"Server Address": m.google.com. Encryption should be included. On.

"Username:" Your email address (for example, [email protected]) and enter the password. further

Remove all jackdaws, except for contacts. Menu - Options - Customize what you want. Save.

Now you can click sync and your contacts will be synchronized with your Google contacts

method second

Transfer contacts without internet

1. run KIES, in connected devices click on the arrow. Expands the list of contacts they choose. Select them all. On top is a button to save on your PC, click. Next, the file type *. vcf. well and store where you please

2. Now you can throw all those files on the memory card in the Contacts folder for example.

3. In the dialer Anroida go to the tab contacts, press import/export-> import from sd-> all contacts

The third way

You will need PIM Backup, computer with internet and gmail account.

1. Open PIM Backup for WM, select the "Backup", select only the contacts, click Next.

2. In the dialog "Select backup filename and folder" turn off "compress backup" and "binary backup", then click Next.

3. Transfer the file BACKUP.PIB, which you just created from your phone to your computer. Change the extension from PIB for RAR and then extract the resulting archive.

4. Raspakovany file will BACKUP.CSC. Change the extension to CSV and import the file into your gmail account. All your contacts will now be imported to the phone via gmail - simply follow the instructions in the phone menu "Contacts".

sorry for my english

Edited by geniussbk

Guest maddoc600

Hello!

Back home for the weekend!

I tried to reinstall beta 3 and even if I deleted all the beta 3 files from "my memory" when I run again androidinstall.exe I find that android still holds the appz I installed!

So I can confirm that running androidinstall does not format the android partition!

How can I install from scratch?

Guest matriX1218

Hello!

I tried to reinstall beta 3 and even if I deleted all the beta 3 files from "my memory" when I run again androidinstall.exe I find that android still holds the appz I installed!

So I can confirm that running androidinstall does not format the android partition!

format your sd on pc/delete all partitions then do a fresh install....

Edited by matriX1218

Guest geniussbk

Hello!

try this instruction

Guest erikcas

Hello!

Follow tips above. If you don't succeed, please post output of the text produced by the installer. Best is make a picture of your phones screen with text output and post it.

This is the only way (for me) to analyse what is going wrong with installing on your phone.

Also: are you on linux or windows on your pc? And which program do you use to partition?

:rolleyes:...waiting for an update... :rolleyes:

When I have some serious progress I will update. Not yet.....

Guest Isascaboy89

Hi erickas

First of all i want to say that i really really really (and i have to write really almost other 1000 times to make you understand how much i appreciate it) apprieciate your big work

But, in my opinion, android is a system who NEED internet to live, so if think that it's more important try to make wifi and or bluetooth working instead of autorotation and similar "secondary" stuff.

I don't want to create any problem, this is only my personal opinion.

Please don't be angry, cause i don't want to bother one of the great developer of android.

Edited by Isascaboy89

Guest erikcas

Hi erickas

First of all i want to say that i really really really (and i have to write really almost other 1000 times to make you understand how much i appreciate it) apprieciate your big work

But, in my opinion, android is a system who NEED internet to live, so if think that it's more important try to make wifi and or bluetooth working instead of autorotation and similar "secondary" stuff.

I don't want to create any problem, this is only my personal opinion.

Please don't be angry, cause i don't want to bother one of the great developer of android.

Your priorities seem to be different then mine are.

I can live with networkdata for this moment. Having no problems with that so I do not need wifi. I mostly use my phone outdoors where no wifi is available.

That is in my opinion the definition of a mobile device.

Wifi is just an exta option for where it is available.

Most important is that wifi cannot be adapted from the I8000 source. I know how to adapt. But fresh develop for wifi is not my thing.

Yes I am trying, for six months now, but no progress.

So first end the things that I can end and then get a focus on more difficult things.

If you want wifi to be fixed maybe it is a better idea you ask the devs to help you out. They are good in that.