CyanogenMod 6.1.1 for B7610 update 01-06 // I am stopping my contributions as my phone died

Guest erikcas

Guest erikcas

been testing rev96 for a few hours, still very quick battery drain in my opinion.. anyone else experiencing this?

It should be less, but still high drain level. See also I8000 forum.

Guest Isascaboy89

Hi'ive tested the last kernel (rev96) for all the day and i have this impressions:

- It doesn't change a lot from rev95

- Autorotation is quite fast (i've tested with my girlfriend Samsung I550, a native android phone)and the rotation speed is almost the same

- Seems to be solved the compass problem

Guest erikcas

@Erik...

App2SD update for Omnia II is available on http://o2droid.phj.hu/index_en.php

Hope you'll integrate this too with B7610 zImage... Take your time... :rolleyes: Btw I want it in One day...:P

Source isn't published yet. Ask voyteckst on the I8000 forum if source will be published.

Without source I cannot patch

Edit: Oke if you don't.. I will do else I can't meet your deadlines :P

Edited by erikcas

Guest erikcas

alfa1 reporting on duty sir,

pitch/roll is still off around 22.5 degrees...

plz use compass app, it shows exactly diff in Gps Compass Mode...

Getting headache from this. There is absolutely nothing wrong with pitch and roll. I have to adjust compasscorrection duh... will do this tonight

Guest matriX1218

Getting headache from this. There is absolutely nothing wrong with pitch and roll. I have to adjust compasscorrection duh... will do this tonight

If I put phone on a plane surface, the compass is okay but as soon as I pick up the phone and hold it vertically in my hand the directions are off around 20-25 degrees...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited by matriX1218

Guest Isascaboy89

Hi to all.

I think that android on our devices is quite perfect.

In my opinion there are only 4 issue that have to be solved for having a perfect android:

- WiFi

- Bluetooth

- Screen who doesn't turn on when receiving a message

- Screen turning on delay when receiving a call

I think that this are the only real big problem left, solving this will mean having a perfect android on our hands.

By the way i would like to say thanks once again to the developers fpr their wonderful work

Guest erikcas

If I put phone on a plane surface, the compass is okay but as soon as I pick up the phone and hold it vertically in my hand the directions are off around 20-25 degrees...

And if you turn phone? It seems not solvable by roll or pitch. That gives very strange behaviour, like flash led turning on. Pitch and roll values are oke.

I will leave this for now, solve it another time. I need references from I8000 with compass proper working.

Think we will have to look to wifi. Don't expect miracles in short time!

Guest Isascaboy89
Think we will have to look to wifi. Don't expect miracles in short time!

Ahahahahah...don't worry...we will wait..but it's real nice that you start to try make wifi working...i really appreciate that.

Hope you will find a solution

Guest erikcas

Ahahahahah...don't worry...we will wait..but it's real nice that you start to try make wifi working...i really appreciate that.

Hope you will find a solution

Start? Make wifi work is a project that has been going on for about 6 months now. Problem is that is so hard to realize.

Guest Isascaboy89

Start? Make wifi work is a project that has been going on for about 6 months now. Problem is that is so hard to realize.

Yeah sure...with start i mean "start to look only at it"...i know that you are working on it since long time

Guest Isascaboy89

( phew...

no news of any update... I think I've to hire new men for job... )

Matrix you will sure understand that the developers are doing all what is possible to release new update, but the wifi is an hard problem, so we have to wait..

Guest matriX1218

Matrix you will sure understand that the developers are doing all what is possible to release new update, but the wifi is an hard problem, so we have to wait..

Ya... I Know... I'm just kidding... What else I can do to pass my time... Just making fun... no offense... :P

Guest erikcas

well oke.. Update: wifi still not working.

Guys, I don't mind you asking. I want it to work today as well. I do my outmost best, but this is not my thing by nature as I said before. I am able to adapt code from I8000 to B7610, but develop from scratch.... I get help from one of the members here, he has a friend who is looking into this upcoming weekend. Maybe they have a breaking result.

Guest erikcas

@ ERIK,

my cousin bro is working in Samsung...but he is not a programmer...

Can I help by any mean...?

I need someone who can make these files to load on B7610

system/bin/wpa_cli

system/bin/wlan_loader

system/bin/wpa_supplicant

system/bin/wlan_cu

system/bin/hciattach

extracted them from spica image which I build from modified source

Files can be downloaded here and use this init.rc

Driver wl1271 loads but these files should be executed.

If you want to test, copy them to /system/bin, make executable and execute from terminal emulator as su

google on output that is given // output of dmesg

Edited by erikcas

Guest maddoc600

Hi erikcas!

I had a lot of androdi process problems so I did install again from scratch... everything is running fine! Had no problems since 2 days. I notice although high battery drain... Anyway turning off 3G improves a lot the situation

Just a little request... would it be possible to set the italian keyboard?

b7610 italian keyboard

I miss some buttons like

" (alt+") doesnt'work, it returns "home"

about (alt+down arrow)... it's the button at right of ?

b7610 italian keyboard

thanks!

Guest Isascaboy89

To matrix

I know you were joking...i also like to tell jokes

To erickas

I wish i could help...i'll ask to all my linux skilled friends if they know something helpful

Guest crazyhorse78

I respect Erik and devs work to bring Android experience to our old model. It's not big problemfor me without Wifi because I still downloads big files and copy to phone. So I can wait for wifi. I care more about speed and battery drain.

Guest screwdriv

about battery drain, ive read from i8000 forums that phone part of the winmo rom affects battery performance on android.. can someone from b7610 confirm this? and if it is.. what is the best phone part to flash? mine have XIK1 and having android run for 1 day it only last for about 6-8 hours with minimal use, just texting.

Guest erikcas

Hi erikcas!

I had a lot of androdi process problems so I did install again from scratch... everything is running fine! Had no problems since 2 days. I notice although high battery drain... Anyway turning off 3G improves a lot the situation

Just a little request... would it be possible to set the italian keyboard?

http://flic.kr/p/aFMY2x

I miss some buttons like

" (alt+") doesnt'work, it returns "home"

about (alt+down arrow)... it's the button at right of ?

http://flic.kr/p/aFMY2x

thanks!

It is exactly the same as my keyboard.

It's not perfect. I have read how about to change it, but can't remember at this moment. This is not in the qwerty.kl file, but in a binary file. Give me some days to figure it out