CyanogenMod 6.1.1 for B7610 update 01-06 // I am stopping my contributions as my phone died

Guest erikcas

Guest Isascaboy89

Hi erickas.

Good to hear you again, and thx for your help.

Could you just explain a bit more what is a spika like apps?

Thx and sorry for the dumb question

As allways you can count on me for testing.

Guest erikcas
Hi erickas.

Good to hear you again, and thx for your help.

Could you just explain a bit more what is a spika like apps?

Thx and sorry for the dumb question

As allways you can count on me for testing.

Samsung GT-I5700 aka spica

Guest Alchedin

Hi "brothers"! :lol:

Seems beta 2 of CM has just released.

@ Erikcas, anything needed to be adjusted for B7610? (slide etc.) Or is it just installing the patch(es) like in CM beta 1?

Cheers,

Alchedin

P.S: Seems Sandor made the FM radio work in this build :)

Guest Isascaboy89

Hi to all, erickas i have a question for you.

I want to help you and all the developers to make wifi and bluetooth work on b7610.

I don't have any linux skills but i could help by searching on the web (just yesterday evening i've succesfully intalled and solved wifi issue on the porting of android to a my friend htc touch pro 2 aka rhodium)

So if you could please explain the problem (once with normal words and once with technical words) it will be great an d i promise that i will surf all over the web to help you make this working.

Thx to all the guys who will answer this post.

Greetings from italy

Guest Alchedin

Well now, i just tested CM Beta 2 with latest o2 patch (Rev 98), seems to working quite well, keyboard and rotation both work!

I have a rather old class 4 SD so I can't say anything about speed, nonetheless it's graphics are somewhat the same speed of CM beta 1

Only big problem is I don't have connection.

Edited by Alchedin

Guest gauravv

Well now, i just tested CM Beta 2 with latest o2 patch (Rev 98), seems to working quite well, keyboard and rotation both work!

I have a rather old class 4 SD so I can't say anything about speed, nonetheless it's graphics are somewhat the same speed of CM beta 1

wt about battery drain :P ?

Guest Alchedin

wt about battery drain :P ?

Just booted back into WinMo, my battery this morning was around 95%, after install and several (5) reboots (android) it's now (in WinMo) at 69%. So guess there isn't any progress on that part.

Guest erikcas
Hi "brothers"!

Seems beta 2 of CM has just released.

@ Erikcas, anything needed to be adjusted for B7610? (slide etc.) Or is it just installing the patch(es) like in CM beta 1?

Cheers,

Alchedin

P.S: Seems Sandor made the FM radio work in this build

Think Voyteckst compiled the FM radio in the android image. Doesn't mean it will work out of the box on B7610.

You can try to install the version. Copy modem.bin from current b7610 image to the sd dir on android ext4 and copy the init.rc and loadmod from current install to root of ext4.

Offcourse use b7610 zImage and update

Guest erikcas

Just booted back into WinMo, my battery this morning was around 95%, after install and several (5) reboots (android) it's now (in WinMo) at 69%. So guess there isn't any progress on that part.

There are no changes for that

Guest erikcas
Hi to all, erickas i have a question for you.

I want to help you and all the developers to make wifi and bluetooth work on b7610.

I don't have any linux skills but i could help by searching on the web (just yesterday evening i've succesfully intalled and solved wifi issue on the porting of android to a my friend htc touch pro 2 aka rhodium)

So if you could please explain the problem (once with normal words and once with technical words) it will be great an d i promise that i will surf all over the web to help you make this working.

Thx to all the guys who will answer this post.

Greetings from italy

You have to read and try to understand the code! Can't tell it in 12 pages

Guest Alchedin

Think Voyteckst compiled the FM radio in the android image. Doesn't mean it will work out of the box on B7610.

You can try to install the version. Copy modem.bin from current b7610 image to the sd dir on android ext4 and copy the init.rc and loadmod from current install to root of ext4.

Offcourse use b7610 zImage and update

Will try, but I had a SOD earlier which now prevents me from booting into Android at this moment. FM radio i will maybe test but it's not something that interest me.

Copy from current you mean beta 1? I will test it tonight also, now I need to get back to work <_<

by the way, the auto installer version posted on the dev's site works just fine on the B7610.

Edited by Alchedin

Guest Isascaboy89

so there is a new releae of android for our phones?

It seem's that the CyanogenMod beta 2 installs fine on B7610, but the keyboard fixes aren't there.. Hence it's quite impossible to operate android without a back-key :P

/VM

EDIT: To be more precise, I didn't make a clean install, just used the automatic installer over working install. Then I applied REV98-update with zimage and after two reboots the keyboard started working too. It also seems to be faster now. But bluetooth isn't working :unsure:

Could somebody enlighten me, how to verify my current install? Did I actually get any kind of update :lol:

Edited by VMZ

Guest gauravv

It seem's that the CyanogenMod beta 2 installs fine on B7610, but the keyboard fixes aren't there.. Hence it's quite impossible to operate android without a back-key :P

/VM

EDIT: To be more precise, I didn't make a clean install, just used the automatic installer over working install. Then I applied REV98-update with zimage and after two reboots the keyboard started working too. It also seems to be faster now. But bluetooth isn't working :unsure:

Could somebody enlighten me, how to verify my current install? Did I actually get any kind of update :lol:

i am unable to use REV 98.....change file name and still itz there after several reboots

@Isascaboy89: CM Beta 2 is rooted, and the automatic installation goes the same way as before (to SD-card)

@gauravv: Did you put zimage and frb3update.tar.gz to the root of My Storage? You don't need to rename anything...

/VM

Guest gauravv

@Isascaboy89: CM Beta 2 is rooted, and the automatic installation goes the same way as before (to SD-card)

@gauravv: Did you put zimage and frb3update.tar.gz to the root of My Storage? You don't need to rename anything...

/VM

i tried that also but still its in root of mystorage :(

Guest Isascaboy89

Downloading right now...will post my feedbacks asap

I have the same problem of gaurav...after several reboot the rev98 is still there.

Also phonepart isn't working...so i have to conclude that for me at the momet cyanogen 2 is unusable

VMZ could you please be so kind to explain me what have you done for making your keyboard work with cyanogen mod 2?

Edited by Isascaboy89

I just installed Beta 2 over existing working install (even though it's advised NOT to do so :) ), using the automated installer (installandroid.exe from o2beta-folder).

Then after two reboots I placed zimage and frb3update.tar.gz to the root of My Storage and rebooted twice more.

Like a bee flies opposed to the laws of aviation, my install still works :lol:

/VM

Guest Isascaboy89

So you have a fully functional cyanogen mod with keyboard,back button, home button working?

What about wifi?

I will try to reproduce your steps and see if it also works for me

Guest gauravv

I just installed Beta 2 over existing working install (even though it's advised NOT to do so :) ), using the automated installer (installandroid.exe from o2beta-folder).

Then after two reboots I placed zimage and frb3update.tar.gz to the root of My Storage and rebooted twice more.

Like a bee flies opposed to the laws of aviation, my install still works :lol:

/VM

your network and data is working ?

Guest Isascaboy89

I've tried to reproduce the steps of VMZ but nothing is working.

Also, my phonepart isn't working (i mean that there is no operator signal,and with this i mean that it's impossible to make everything)

For erickas: Installing the i8000 android i've seen that when I go in settings and turn on wifi the wifi is actually turning on (not like in b7610 that says error when trying to do the same thing). After that the phone isn't able to find any wifi connection but this (in my opinion) it's a mac address problem and easy solvable.

So can't you please try to "extract" wifi drivers from I8000 and put on b7610 release?

Hope i can be helpful.

Thx for all the work you are doing and as allways count on me for testing.

Greetings from italy