CyanogenMod 6.1.1 for B7610 update 01-06 // I am stopping my contributions as my phone died

Guest erikcas

Guest Isascaboy89

yes sorry...i was meaning exactly what you said...just a personal mistake.

I think that this "light" version is as fast as the "full one"except for the sometimes lag in taking the phone signal

(by this i mean that sometimes it takes up to 30 seconds to obtain phone company data, in my case vodafone it)

This version have only essential app, but if i give you an advice nest time you should "cook" on it a file explorer.

Anyway it's seems to work as smoother as the full verion.

You still have to put su update to obtain root access that you can obtain from this post

Edited by Isascaboy89

Guest erikcas

yes sorry...i was meaning exactly what you said...just a personal mistake.

I think that this "light" version is as fast as the "full one"except for the sometimes lag in taking the phone signal

(by this i mean that sometimes it takes up to 30 seconds to obtain phone company data, in my case vodafone it)

This version have only essential app, but if i give you an advice nest time you should "cook" on it a file explorer.

Anyway it's seems to work as smoother as the full verion.

You still have to put su update to obtain root access that you can obtain from this post

I didn't put su in this one yet.

What do you mean with cook it on a file explorer?

(for your info, it is not cooked but compiled, in linux from commandline)

for phonesignal: there must be an issue with vodafone on this moment in your region. Nothing is changed for that. Only diff is a few apps taken from the build.

Edited by erikcas

Guest gauravv

I didn't put su in this one yet.

What do you mean with cook it on a file explorer?

(for your info, it is not cooked but compiled, in linux from commandline)

for phonesignal: there must be an issue with vodafone on this moment in your region. Nothing is changed for that. Only diff is a few apps taken from the build.

he meant that file explorer app is not there in build....we have to download it from market to access storage and sd card

Guest Isascaboy89

yes that exactly what i mean...

This release (the light one) is sure more good for battery saving, but the absence of market icon it's a big point in favor of the "full version"

EDIT : Sorry, my last two post were hard to understand cause i'm a bit tired.

I've decided to use the full version and look for tricks to make it less "battery drainer"

I will also make some gps test and lot of other test like intense use, intense 3g navigation, try some market apps and lot of stuff like this.

I will report my tests results when i can. ( i hope to report something every day)

Edited by Isascaboy89

Guest erikcas

yes that exactly what i mean...

This release (the light one) is sure more good for battery saving, but the absence of market icon it's a big point in favor of the "full version"

EDIT : Sorry, my last two post were hard to understand cause i'm a bit tired.

I've decided to use the full version and look for tricks to make it less "battery drainer"

I will also make some gps test and lot of other test like intense use, intense 3g navigation, try some market apps and lot of stuff like this.

I will report my tests results when i can. ( i hope to report something every day)

That is froyo as is :)

Will see if I can make an update.tar.gz for market and/or file-explorer.

Hey guys,

Keep up the good work ! ^_^

I had a question about the camera usage, sometimes the camera works on my phone in android but mostly it doesn't. It's the same with the torch button. Any answers to that? If it's not working i get a "com.android.camera" stopped unexpectedly error message.

Also i would like to know if I can be of any help on the wifi driver, I have minor experience in C programming.

Be hearing from u guys!

Guest gauravv

Hey guys,

Keep up the good work ! ^_^

I had a question about the camera usage, sometimes the camera works on my phone in android but mostly it doesn't. It's the same with the torch button. Any answers to that? If it's not working i get a "com.android.camera" stopped unexpectedly error message.

Also i would like to know if I can be of any help on the wifi driver, I have minor experience in C programming.

Be hearing from u guys!

camera works like that....and new camera driver is in development.....for wifi contact erik :)

Does anybody else have this behaviour:

If I unlock SIM in winmo before booting android, phone hangs right after entering PIN (in android). No problem, if I don't enter PIN in winmo :blink:

I've tested this about 10 times, and always the same... Isn't a big thing, but I'd like to know how it's possible *curious*

Guest erikcas

First day on companies galaxy s2. Battery now on 30% where it was @ 100% this morning.

So battery drain on B7610 is not bad at all. It is at 23% now. Used them equally over the day.

Guest erikcas

Can i suggest you to release a "release" with all the root, boot and headphone updates included?

Boot? Don't know what you mean by that.

Root, it should be good, else it is an automatic installer bug.

Headsetfix is not applicable because it is compiled with it.

Edited by erikcas

Guest gauravv

First day on companies galaxy s2. Battery now on 30% where it was @ 100% this morning.

So battery drain on B7610 is not bad at all. It is at 23% now. Used them equally over the day.

try updating your phone through settings....see if there is any improvement ( for S2 )

after re-install of full ..b7610 battery is now ok.....i guess problem was that in my room network fluctuates but not in other room...so i felt difference in battery drain!!

Guest erikcas

try updating your phone through settings....see if there is any improvement ( for S2 )

after re-install of full ..b7610 battery is now ok.....i guess problem was that in my room network fluctuates but not in other room...so i felt difference in battery drain!!

:-) it is all up-to-date

Guest gauravv

:-) it is all up-to-date

i have little problem sometimes i am unable to make outgoing calls and send text messages but i am able to receive incoming calls and messages.....it sometimes get fixed after incoming call or after reboot!...