CyanogenMod 6.1.1 for B7610 update 01-06 // I am stopping my contributions as my phone died

Guest erikcas

Guest erikcas

128 megabytes swap is to me a little. The system seems to be slow :P

run terminal emulator, type free and see used swap. It is only a smal percentage of the 128m. So why increase it.

Adding swap does not speed up your system. even 4 megabit wont.

to speed up, invest and buy a class 10 sd card. That will give max speed

Edited by erikcas

run terminal emulator, type free and see used swap. It is only a smal percentage of the 128m. So why increase it.

My new card is class 6 and I've been wondering, how fast is the sd port on B7610, is it really that fast to have benefit from class 10 card?

Guest Isascaboy89

I can confirm.

With a samsung 32gb class 10 sd android is f***ing fast

Now I think the batteryproblem is somehow related to 2G/3G-switching, I've tried several ways to force phone to 2G, but the setting reverts immediately to 3G :blink:

As I stated earlier, my whereabouts have a lot of signal fluctuation from really good to zero. If I keep the phone in offline-mode, batterytemp stays at normal.

I'll post my log tomorrow, too tired to find a cardreader :D

Guest Isascaboy89

Hi.

Just a question: If i hard reset my phone but i don'rformat the sd, it is necessary to reinstall android or i could just re-put the o2beta folder and all the fall on the root of MyStorage?

Guest erikcas

Hi.

Just a question: If i hard reset my phone but i don'rformat the sd, it is necessary to reinstall android or i could just re-put the o2beta folder and all the fall on the root of MyStorage?

haret.exe, zImage and startup.txt are enough (if you installed on sd card)

o2beta folder is only needed during install and you can delete it after install

Edited by erikcas

Guest Isascaboy89

Ok so i can hard reset my phone without losing android cause i've installed it on my external SDcard.

Great and thanks for the precious help.

Any news about something related to the android developing?

Guest erikcas

Ok so i can hard reset my phone without losing android cause i've installed it on my external SDcard.

Great and thanks for the precious help.

Any news about something related to the android developing?

Not much news. One of the forummembers with programming skills is looking into wifi.

I am a bit playing a bit with ginger (spica from tom3q which is very alpha even for spica), but don't expect something from it. It lacks decent 2d3d drivers, the froyo ones are not working proper.

Edited by erikcas

Guest erikcas
Does tethering work? After plugging-in usb and then activating tethering it says something like "usb not connected"

No it does not work

Guest centodue

Yes it works...

- install adb drivers for samsung on your PC

- connect B7610 , it should start driver installation for the new device

try to install PDANet 3.02 on your PC and then connect B7610 to have usb driver installed correcty.

I used already tethering but before you must have correct drivers on PC or it cannot be working

Guest erikcas
Yes it works...

- install adb drivers for samsung on your PC

- connect B7610 , it should start driver installation for the new device

try to install PDANet 3.02 on your PC and then connect B7610 to have usb driver installed correcty.

I used already tethering but before you must have correct drivers on PC or it cannot be working

Nice. Didn't try this yet. Good to hear

Guest titomax82

Pdanet works, but it's a software tethereing. I'd like to enable tethering by phone (by settings), but if I try to enable that menu it always says me "usb not connected"

(it's useful for a possible reverse tethering as centodue said)

Guest forwardland

The B7610 android ROM is great !

But it can't run "Swapper Configuration V1.7",and Can't use "TigerFBA_3.0.5.apk" run "KOF98" rom,

but the old rom "android 2.1" ,can do it !

Can be resolved?

In addition, I use "SuperOneClick" to get root !

Guest centodue

Pdanet works, but it's a software tethereing. I'd like to enable tethering by phone (by settings), but if I try to enable that menu it always says me "usb not connected"

(it's useful for a possible reverse tethering as centodue said)

Yes, sorry, I correct me for my mistake. Tethering is not working directly on mobile but I confirm that PDANet is ok and permits Internet sharing on PC.

Surely if you need to use directly tethering , you have not the possibility. You should install before PDANet on the PC that you need to use.

@forwardland

the system should be already rooted but you can just add the file attached to have superuser access (for example you can check in terminal digiting "su")

Put "cm_o2_update.tar.gz" file in MyMemory and then restart android. It will be installed and your android will be rooted.

su.zip

Edited by centodue

Guest centodue

It is the fifth time I install Cyanogen Beta 2 and after about one week it started again with an endless loop in boot (logo condition).

I tried to install "Kernel-B7610-REV105" but no change...infinite loop! I am not able to start again android!

The microSD is new and I made a sector check to find problem...result is always NO ERROR.

The problem started during Juice Defender Ultimate configuration...phone rebooted but not in WM but directly in Android with logo.

I made many times the soft reset but the blocking condition does not change.

Any idea?

Searching on google I found this:

for Cyanogen installation for Android ROMs it is necessary to make a wipe procedure :

- wipe Data

- wipe cache

- installation CM by SD

- wipe Data again

Wipe is made in Recovery mode...

but for B7610 ?? We have not an Android ROM and so we have not Recovery menu....or yes?

In every case every discussion found on internet describes that "wipe" solves my faulty : endless loop in boot.

Edited by centodue

Guest gauravv

It is the fifth time I install Cyanogen Beta 2 and after about one week it started again with an endless loop in boot (logo condition).

I tried to install "Kernel-B7610-REV105" but no change...infinite loop! I am not able to start again android!

The microSD is new and I made a sector check to find problem...result is always NO ERROR.

The problem started during Juice Defender Ultimate configuration...phone rebooted but not in WM but directly in Android with logo.

I made many times the soft reset but the blocking condition does not change.

Any idea?

Searching on google I found this:

for Cyanogen installation for Android ROMs it is necessary to make a wipe procedure :

- wipe Data

- wipe cache

- installation CM by SD

- wipe Data again

Wipe is made in Recovery mode...

but for B7610 ?? We have not an Android ROM and so we have not Recovery menu....or yes?

In every case every discussion found on internet describes that "wipe" solves my faulty : endless loop in boot.

set high performance in winmo ....

Guest centodue

re-install

It is 6 times that I reinstall starting with clean condition and the problem is always the same (after indefinitely time reboot with endless loop in logo condition) ! :-(

Now I installed the previous version (CM6.1.1 Beta1) and it rans since 2 days with no problem or faulty !

So I can confirm that problem is NOT my microSD card (I udes 3 sd cards to be sure no hardware faulty)

I will try to download again files for installation because maybe the problem is the package that I am using.

@crazyhorse78

Is it the problem present since first installation or after some day of uses?

I never had that problem....for me it is a bad installation and you need to reinstall in clean condition

The MyMemory could be corrupted and so during installation some file unpacked in ext3 partition of the SD remains corrupted.

Try to format again MyMemory in FAT32 logical to be sure

Bye