CyanogenMod 6.1.1 for B7610 update 01-06 // I am stopping my contributions as my phone died

Guest erikcas

Guest centodue

yes it works, but I don't know why it is not woking since first connection....some connection is necessary before to have PC requests to install Android Driver

Guest erikcas
It is the fifth time I install Cyanogen Beta 2 and after about one week it started again with an endless loop in boot (logo condition).

I tried to install "Kernel-B7610-REV105" but no change...infinite loop! I am not able to start again android!

The microSD is new and I made a sector check to find problem...result is always NO ERROR.

The problem started during Juice Defender Ultimate configuration...phone rebooted but not in WM but directly in Android with logo.

I made many times the soft reset but the blocking condition does not change.

Any idea?

Searching on google I found this:

for Cyanogen installation for Android ROMs it is necessary to make a wipe procedure :

- wipe Data

- wipe cache

- installation CM by SD

- wipe Data again

Wipe is made in Recovery mode...

but for B7610 ?? We have not an Android ROM and so we have not Recovery menu....or yes?

In every case every discussion found on internet describes that "wipe" solves my faulty : endless loop in boot.

Does it happen when you do not attempt to install juice defender?

If yes, does it happen when you use android like it is? It is strange that only you suffer from it. So I cannot think of something else then that it is caused by configuration changes on your install made by JD or another app you use.

You can wipe manually in linux.

Guest Heldiho53

Yes now it works I think it doesn't work when it's syncing it was syncing about a whole day so I just charged it and now it works perfect !

Guest titomax82

how to install the new googleplay ( wich is the update of the "market")? i need it 'cause some applications are missing in the old market

Guest erikcas
how to install the new googleplay ( wich is the update of the "market")? i need it 'cause some applications are missing in the old market

Will provide a solution (new Vending.apk in cm_o2update) today. It is not google play but it will update itself to google play.

Also testing an update for froyo. It seems to be faster, need someone to test it for superuser issue. As also was the case earlier, it works fine with me, but I would like to have it tested by others before release it.

Guest erikcas

Unzip to my Storage and boot android. It will take a period of time (with me, 45 minutes this morning) but will update to Google Play.

If not, check in terminal emulator if you have MarketUpdater.apk in /system/app dir

googleplay.zip

Guest Alchedin

Nope. We need a real kernel developer for that. As I am not, I stopped working on it.

Hi Erikcas,

I'm wondering if the development/enthusiasm has somewhat been decreasing for the i8000 / B7610? Maybe i've read some bad userposts or misinterpreting things.

Can U confirm? Ofcourse i'm not saying that it is, we all love the developers efforts, time and love for the project and hope you all still do.

Cheers,

Alchedin

Guest titomax82

Unzip to my Storage and boot android. It will take a period of time (with me, 45 minutes this morning) but will update to Google Play.

If not, check in terminal emulator if you have MarketUpdater.apk in /system/app dir

googleplay.zip

Thanks... it works. However I never used the cmupdate***.targ.gz in my storage 'cause it never worked for me. I always uncompress manually the files (computer in ubuntu, phone in windows mobile), and I say this is always the best method. Even in this cause, update procedure has been ultra-fast. It worked early, without waiting a single minute

Guest erikcas

Thanks... it works. However I never used the cmupdate***.targ.gz in my storage 'cause it never worked for me. I always uncompress manually the files (computer in ubuntu, phone in windows mobile), and I say this is always the best method. Even in this cause, update procedure has been ultra-fast. It worked early, without waiting a single minute

Nice!

Guest G.Scholtens

Nope. We need a real kernel developer for that. As I am not, I stopped working on it.

Damn, wifi is the only thing i needed at the moment. And is there nobody here on the forum that is a kernel developer?

Guest hungz92

when there is a better update ?????? I think the new rom should not have the supporting software .t was clear but not necessarily in software rom.............how to create a rom, teach people, to have more stable rom for B7610

Guest hungz92

when there is a better update ?????? I think the new rom should not have the supporting software .t was clear but not necessarily in software rom.............how to create a rom, teach people, to have more stable rom for B7610

Guest erikcas

What are you talking about? I really don't understand your post. You don't need the big fontsize. If you want to make it better start working. All you need to know about creating a rom is available on internet. So you should use google and start doing. Just as I did 7 months ago. If you are able to create a better rom please be my guest and serve us all!

If you are talking about wifi and bluetooth when you say not having supporting software, I expect you to solve it in 48 hrs B)

Edited by erikcas

Guest Dreamerok

my b7610 is hanging up after it goes in sleep mode,any solutions for solving this problem?

Edited by Dreamerok

Guest erikcas
This system battery quickly, in this area can improve it?

Currently testing an image from updated sources which seems to have an improved battery consumption. I am waiting for a user who is testing currently to confirm this.

Guest Dreamerok

Currently testing an image from updated sources which seems to have an improved battery consumption. I am waiting for a user who is testing currently to confirm this.

what about my problem? or i only one who got this?)

and if device on charging,it works fine,but when i take off the cable and press once button (on\off power) and in 5 minutes i press it again,device don't turning on and don't receive calls....

soft reset helps only (((

Edited by Dreamerok

Guest centodue

and if device on charging,it works fine,but when i take off the cable and press once button (on\off power) and in 5 minutes i press it again,device don't turning on and don't receive calls....

You could try to switch on display BEFORE to disconnect power cable.

Try and check if in this condition (display already ON) your B7610 freeze or works correctly.

I think that it should be a corrupted file that in sleep condition creates this abnormal block, but may be in wake up status it does not freeze.

I had observed for 2 or 3 times your defect but it was random and I was not able to repeat it. When I restarted phone (soft reset) it worked with no problem for undefined time.

In general these faulties are generated by not correct installations

Guest erikcas

and if device on charging,it works fine,but when i take off the cable and press once button (onoff power) and in 5 minutes i press it again,device don't turning on and don't receive calls....

Which kernel are you using. I don't recognize your problem never had it on current kernel

Guest titomax82

Sorry for my poor technical knowledge, but I have an important question (for me :) ):

technical specifications of b7610 seems to be sufficient for a perfect working android system, because if I compare them with other phones like Samsung Galaxy Next (S5770) or LG Optimus Life (P350) that both run android smoothly, I see for all these 3 phones 600MHz cpu, 256mb ram and so on, that means, theorically, that even our OmniaPro could do the same, so:

if some day android for b7610 will be completely working (wifi, bt and so on).. would it be possible to install it as rom/firmware? I mean installing it in the phone's rom as the only operating system wiping out windows mobile, so that it would be as faster as possible?

Edited by titomax82

Guest gauravv

Sorry for my poor technical knowledge, but I have an important question (for me :) ):

technical specifications of b7610 seems to be sufficient for a perfect working android system, because if I compare them with other phones like Samsung Galaxy Next (S5770) or LG Optimus Life (P350) that both run android smoothly, I see for all these 3 phones 600MHz cpu, 256mb ram and so on, that means, theorically, that even our OmniaPro could do the same, so:

if some day android for b7610 will be completely working (wifi, bt and so on).. would it be possible to install it as rom/firmware? I mean installing it in the phone's rom as the only operating system wiping out windows mobile, so that it would be as faster as possible?

Don't expect so much....instead appreciate every bit of progress that is being made!.