CyanogenMod 6.1.1 for B7610 update 01-06 // I am stopping my contributions as my phone died

Guest erikcas

Guest wolfgluck

Srr, but i cant install Android For B7610

after run androidinstall on o2beta

its run, but dont creat Fat32, ext3, and swapt linux

B7610 note:

Information: You may need to uplate /ect/fstab

FAT 32 Partition newsize :136

Checking Partition /dev/block/mmcblk0p5...

dofsck 3.0.9 (31 jan 2010)

dofsck 3.0.9 (31 jan 2010), FAT 32, LFN

open: No such device or andress

Error: Partitions doesnt exists

• 3 weeks later...
Guest centodue

After 7 automatic installations not working (all times android restarted automatically in a endless loop after no defined time!), I tried to install android manually and now it is perfectly working!!!

I used some english tutorial to write a new one version for italian users. This is not for automatic installation but to personalize partitions and manual extraction files.

Surely installation with linux is not a problem for linux users but many persons have not these knowledges, so I thought to give help them.

In the next the italian Tutorial for manual installation:

TUTORIAL INSTALLAZIONE ANDROID B7610.pdf

I think it could be used by no italian people too , because there are images and linux commands are the same in all languages.

This is the "startup.txt" file I used:

startup.txt

Good android to everybody!

Guest erikcas

anything new about wifi?

not from my side. For me, it is the same as in I8000 development which is stopped. I have very little time, so I am considering if I have to go on as active as I did till now, or leave it up to others who are willing to put time in development (who still have to stand up, for B7610).

Guest stupo.123

i m using Samsung B7610 and tried installing android in may ways. the installation is successful however after installation their is no network. Unable to make calls and use data services.

Please help.......

Regards

Guest stupo.123

i m using Samsung B7610 and tried installing android in may ways. the installation is successful however after installation their is no network. Unable to make calls and use data services.

Also my phone is into safe mode

Please help.......

Regards

Guest centodue

First of all:

try to go in Settings --> Wireless & networks --> Airplane mode

Select and then unselect Airplan mode option and wait if provider services work.

In other case:

I think that your installation had some problem.

I can assure that if the installation is complete your phone must have provider services working.

Probabily some module is not untarred correctly or completely.

You can try to untar again ext4.tar.gz overwritten actual installation files.

If after this, it is not working again you will need a new clean installation.

Edited by centodue

Guest summertoy

Hey,

I have windows lock button on android as back button

and

windows end call button as lock button on android

is it a bug or it's fine?

Can i change it?

Guest Heldiho53

Hi is there any way to change the layout of the hardware keyboard ? The keyboard is very difficult because there's no questionmark and when I want to use swedish nouns I have to press in the a key for å and ä and the o key for ö, so is there any way to change it ? :) Here a picture so you can se how it is mapped in Sweden374526346.jpg

Guest erikcas
Hi is there any way to change the layout of the hardware keyboard ? The keyboard is very difficult because there's no questionmark and when I want to use swedish nouns I have to press in the a key for å and ä and the o key for ö, so is there any way to change it ? :) Here a picture so you can se how it is mapped in Sweden374526346.jpg
can be done. I started this a while ago but never resumed it after computercrash.

Two files have to be changed, one text file and one binary file. Will resume this, but might need your help with using right characters as I am not native with them.

Guest Heldiho53

When I reinstalled Cm beta 2 I got a very confusing bug. The android market isn't updateing to google play I can't even install google play manually. Also there is no filemanager. Someone who knows how to fix this problem ?

Guest erikcas
When I reinstalled Cm beta 2 I got a very confusing bug. The android market isn't updateing to google play I can't even install google play manually. Also there is no filemanager. Someone who knows how to fix this problem ?
no problem, will provide a marketupdate later today in a cm_o2_update.tar.gz. I will put in a filemanager too.

Guest erikcas

Download added to first post. It contains a self-updating market app (it is not google play, but it will update itself) and a filemanager.

As allways, put cm_o2_update.tar.gz on the root of my storage and boot to android. You might have to reboot again.

Btw, think I will release a new beta shortly, faster and less battery consuming.

Edited by erikcas

Guest Heldiho53

Sounds nice thank you man if I could I would help with the whole project, but I'm not very familiar to Java or Linux but I want to learn :)

Guest erikcas

Sounds nice thank you man if I could I would help with the whole project, but I'm not very familiar to Java or Linux but I want to learn :)

You can :) help with Nordic / Swedic (??) keyboard settings

Edit attached file, I prefer in Linux, but if you use Windows, use notepad++, for your keyboardsettings

I am looking for mods in:

DPAD_LEFT

DPAD_RIGHT

<

>

The ö Ä and the <A with the little o above it> (don't know how to pronounce), I don't exactly know. But we'll find out. The file will explain itself if you take a good look. If you can't manage, let me know, together we will manage..

keychars.txt

Edited by erikcas

Guest screwdriv

ive downloaded and applied the patch but file explorer is still not to be found. I dont know if marketplace is working cause i dont have any data connection right now.

Guest erikcas
ive downloaded and applied the patch but file explorer is still not to be found. I dont know if marketplace is working cause i dont have any data connection right now.
oh I see, I packed the filemanager.apk in the wrong place (in /data instead of /data/app)

No data cannot be a result of my update. If you have data, you could download OI filemanager from market. I will re-upload the patch tomorrow (have no access to my laptop right now)

Guest screwdriv

thanks erikcas, what i did is install android injector on my pc and install astro file manager. another question, im not really that good on android so please take reconsideration, when I install some apps that required rooted android it will not work at all. Is this normal?

Guest erikcas

thanks erikcas, what i did is install android injector on my pc and install astro file manager. another question, im not really that good on android so please take reconsideration, when I install some apps that required rooted android it will not work at all. Is this normal?

I will publish a new froyo 2.2.3 this weekend which is rooted oke.

Guest screwdriv

thats a really bad news.. :( it seems to me that this will end to any further development of android on our phone, but thanks for everything you contributed erikcas. Ill try you're very last image for sure :)

Guest Isascaboy89

Losing erickas is a big big struck for the B7610 user's...now i have a HD2 but i still love the B7610 and i really wanted to have a functional android on it...i will try to learn something but don't expect too much...

anyway, if some italian user want to talk about B7610 or learn something in his mothertongue, he can visit my newborn website

This link will send you to the homepage and this link will send you to B7610 section.

Hope that this device won't die cause i really loved it when i was using it.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest xkiszx

Hi Hello,

I've done all the steps accordinly and now my b7610 says that "Andriod on Omnia II Loading"

But when it reboot it's still winmo.

What did I do wrong??

*Im not an expert and dont have a clue what Im doing*

PLEASE HELP!

Edited by xkiszx