[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

Guest voyteckst

Guest voyteckst

Hey I found this usefull link on XDA-developers.com

it's all about tweaks and scripts for almost every android device!

I do not know if these fixes are already in our android but I thought I'd just post this!

The list is very long with alot of tweaks & fixes we could really use! Such like the call-delay which he also mentions how to fix it with that code & improve speed!

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1227269

Your post is useless for most of people. You have to test it Yourself and then create new topic with Your findings.

According to speedup - this call delay is another then ours and it won't help. Besides some of these "tweaks" are for example for lg or motorola phones...

And of course removing journal will improve overall disk speed, but in case of crash, You will loose unwritten data.

Edited by voyteckst

I tried to install beta 3, but ran into errors during installation.

I stored the installation files in internal storage, that's probably the fault.

I do not exactly kmow, what is meant by "My Storage", since I have a German GUI. Is it the root folder where the Windows folder resides?

If yes, this would be a problem for me since I have only 60MB left.

Is there a way to run the installation from the internal storage where I have plenty of space? I want to install Android on my class 10 SD Card.

I am sure this info can be found somewhere in this thread .... so, sorry for asking stupid questions..

hey Mizar,

you got a PM

My Storage= Interner Speicher.

Thanks. So it should work having the installation files stored in My Storage = Interner Speicher = internal storage?

I got an error message telling something about overlapping partitions not possible and then the installation stuck with "End?"

Searching the thread for this overlapping partitions problem, I did not find a solution.

Does anybody have an idea?

Guest RaymanLE

An update regarding USB connection and accessing My Storage from a windows PC. I am pleased to confirm that I have now resolved this problem, I can now access My Storage from my Windows pc perfectly, also USB debugging is working. I did it by rebooting in RECOVERY mode. This mode of rebooting wipes the dalvik-cache,

effectively performing a clean up job. Hence the recovery of my USB connection.

Unfortunately this isn't working for the Windows USB-connection to my SD-card. I did the reboot in recovery mode twice but still no usb access to the the SD card.

Are there any other solutions for this issue? I need access to my SD card during my work, without I can't use android on a daily basis yet :-(

Guest marisaleh

Unfortunately this isn't working for the Windows USB-connection to my SD-card. I did the reboot in recovery mode twice but still no usb access to the the SD card.

Are there any other solutions for this issue? I need access to my SD card during my work, without I can't use android on a daily basis yet :-(

Make sure that your vold.fstab file has the correct mount line, ie

dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard .........../s3c-sdhci.0/mmc_host/mmc0

your vold.fstab file is in /system/etc/

Guest alabama20

I tried 3 different FM radio APK's 2 of them are launching but one of them writes loading 4 ever. And the other one launches but crashes with force close when i hit the play button :(

Here's the logcat:

logcat.txt

Edited by alabama20

Guest nikkotsoi

I tried 3 different FM radio APK's 2 of them are launching but one of them writes loading 4 ever. And the other one launches but crashes with force close when i hit the play button :(

Here's the logcat:

Fm should not be working in 2.2???

Guest s jithu

i tried beta3 automatic for sd card the msg is

information: you may need to update /etc/fstab

creating ext4 and swap partitions.

EXT4 partition size: 1024mb

parted: invalid token : primary

file system type? [ext2]?_

please help

Guest uzziel84

Before anwsering, I just want to say, that I'm not a programmer, and I don't have programming skills, so this is only my experience in dealling with the problems that I encountered.

Regarding USB problem, I also had it. This is how I solved it, maybe it will work for you to.

Do a rebbot - recovery mode, Enter windows mobile definitions, set USB conection to SDcard.

Plug device to the computer (it will open the SDcard of course). Now, in WM go to my storage and run haret, wait for android to start (don't disconnect USB cable!!!!)

See if the computer recognizes the SDcard now....

For all that are having problem with sensors, like I was having, here's how I solved it - fresh beta 3 manual installation in my storage (with some changes to the "official" guide of beta 3 manual installation in my storage. Basically I did all the partitions (set has primary) like Gardakkan guide, then set fstab to use swap. Modified startup.txt (from beta 2 manual installation) like gardakkan guide sugested and copy haret and startup.txt and new zimage from update to my storage.

Then I extracted the files from the update file and copied them (replacing the old ones) in the android "system".

But, before doing a new installation, verify if the sensors file that you have is the new one, and this also applies to the zimage, because if you're using the previous zimages with the new sensors file, it will scramble your sensors.

Ran haret and all went fine. My problem with battery charging was gone, sensors worked just fine, except the USB problem that I solved by doing what I said above.

In order to my SDcard be properly mounted, I didn't do anything (I didn't followed gardakkan guide, because I allready had tried with no sucess, so I skipped that step in installation - the part of setting vold.fstab)

To copy the files under Ubuntu (always in sudo) you can use console (I wouldn't recommend it if you're not confortable with it), nautilus or for instance "ark" file manager. Remenber just to open them with "user privileges" - sudo.

Camera works just fine - I miss AF....

Wifi is alot better and faster

Didn't tried Bluetooth or GPS....

For lack of memory I suggest you use ADW as launcher (I know is not as appealing as go launcher ex) but it consumes less ram. Also, I only use 1 homescreen and only "energy widget" - the more widgets you have, the more laggy will the system be.

With this I get 45-55 mb free ram, menus are fluid, programs open with a good speed.

Again, many thanks to the Dev Team for this incredible job.

Edited by uzziel84

Guest shoarmabakpao

Hey all! Is the Froyo UI gpu accelerated? I did some research about this and it seems it improves the performance by ALOT

In an normal case the UI would be done completely by the CPU+Software rendering. If we enabled GPU acceleration on the UI it could improve the speed alot.

I do not if this is enabled or not BUT I searched in the build.prop and I did not find the string with this information!

..about the sensors..

Installed beta3 update as any other before.... Rebooted twice, even three times, everything i run, start in landscape mode and cant get out of it...

I ran ubuntu, looked up the sensors.default.so.. Its a link...

btw i have also sensors.default.so.old as link and sensors.gt-8000.so and sensors.sph-m910.so in the system/lib/hw directory...

any advice, other than clean install? :D

p.s. installed on sd card..

Before anwsering, I just want to say, that I'm not a programmer, and I don't have programming skills, so this is only my experience in dealling with the problems that I encountered.

Regarding USB problem, I also had it. This is how I solved it, maybe it will work for you to.

Do a rebbot - recovery mode, Enter windows mobile definitions, set USB conection to SDcard.

Plug device to the computer (it will open the SDcard of course). Now, in WM go to my storage and run haret, wait for android to start (don't disconnect USB cable!!!!)

See if the computer recognizes the SDcard now....

For all that are having problem with sensors, like I was having, here's how I solved it - fresh beta 3 manual installation in my storage (with some changes to the "official" guide of beta 3 manual installation in my storage. Basically I did all the partitions (set has primary) like Gardakkan guide, then set fstab to use swap. Modified startup.txt (from beta 2 manual installation) like gardakkan guide sugested and copy haret and startup.txt and new zimage from update to my storage.

Then I extracted the files from the update file and copied them (replacing the old ones) in the android "system".

But, before doing a new installation, verify if the sensors file that you have is the new one, and this also applies to the zimage, because if you're using the previous zimages with the new sensors file, it will scramble your sensors.

Ran haret and all went fine. My problem with battery charging was gone, sensors worked just fine, except the USB problem that I solved by doing what I said above.

In order to my SDcard be properly mounted, I didn't do anything (I didn't followed gardakkan guide, because I allready had tried with no sucess, so I skipped that step in installation - the part of setting vold.fstab)

To copy the files under Ubuntu (always in sudo) you can use console (I wouldn't recommend it if you're not confortable with it), nautilus or for instance "ark" file manager. Remenber just to open them with "user privileges" - sudo.

Camera works just fine - I miss AF....

Wifi is alot better and faster

Didn't tried Bluetooth or GPS....

For lack of memory I suggest you use ADW as launcher (I know is not as appealing as go launcher ex) but it consumes less ram. Also, I only use 1 homescreen and only "energy widget" - the more widgets you have, the more laggy will the system be.

With this I get 45-55 mb free ram, menus are fluid, programs open with a good speed.

Again, many thanks to the Dev Team for this incredible job.

Hello uzziel84

Before this installation did you have problems with camera force close?

Guest RaymanLE

Regarding USB problem, I also had it. ... Do a rebbot - recovery mode, Enter windows mobile definitions, set USB conection to SDcard. Plug device to the computer (it will open the SDcard of course). Now, in WM go to my storage and run haret, wait for android to start (don't disconnect USB cable!!!!) See if the computer recognizes the SDcard now....

Yes, this works! But only if the USB cable is attached while booting. If I later boot without - which is the default case in my real life outside - it doesnt connect the USB to the PC. However, it's at least a first workaround - Thanks!

Make sure that your vold.fstab file has the correct mount line, ie

dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard .........../s3c-sdhci.0/mmc_host/mmc0

My vold.fstab already had this line - I didn't have to add anything there.

Guest uzziel84

..about the sensors..

Installed beta3 update as any other before.... Rebooted twice, even three times, everything i run, start in landscape mode and cant get out of it...

I ran ubuntu, looked up the sensors.default.so.. Its a link...

btw i have also sensors.default.so.old as link and sensors.gt-8000.so and sensors.sph-m910.so in the system/lib/hw directory...

any advice, other than clean install? :D

p.s. installed on sd card..

Copy zImage from "update beta 3" again to my storage and run haret again. See if the sensors file is the one included in the update or is the old one from beta3. You can see this by the date of files. I think the newer zImage is from 07/11/2011.

Guest uzziel84

[quote name=RaymanLE' timestamp='1320950789' post='1841892]

Yes, this works! But only if the USB cable is attached while booting. If I later boot without - which is the default case in my real life outside - it doesnt connect the USB to the PC. However, it's at least a first workaround - Thanks!

Try rebboting in recovery mode. For me it works even after booting without it, since "USB debug mode" showed in status bar I had no more problems. I only can see SDcard though, I can't see the partition where the system is installed.

About the camera, I don't have problems with it...always worked since beta 1.

Edited by uzziel84