[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

Guest voyteckst

Guest sea doo

Hai all, I have problem, I can't install large size apps such as angrybird on this update version.

Can anybody help me to fix this?

I have the same problem.

After upgrading from Beta 3 to Beta 3 update 1, disappeared all programs that were installed on sd (my memory). Android shows like I took out the sd card.

Polish:

Mam ten sam problem.

Po aktualizacji z beta 3 do beta 3 update 1, zniknęły mi wszystkie programy które były zainstalowane na sd (moja pamięć). Android pokazuje jakbym wyjął kartę sd.

Guest carlospaco

Read .sh script...

Hello Voyteckst, Sorry for this noob question, but where can i find this AKMD CFG FILE?

I just copy the update to mystorage where haret is and reboot twice.And you saying something about removing that file?

My battery isn't doing that long.

Thanks and Greets

Guest Tan Loc Nguyen

Just wondering if anyone try benchmark in our new brand android Omnia. My Quadrant Standard Edition score is 391 (MicroSD KingMax 4G class 6) and 406 (My Storage).

AnTuTu Benchmark crashed at startup.

Guest musicman1982

Hi Everyone!

I just want to share my experiences with beta3 update1. First, this AMAZING! Thank you devs! So, i running android very long time, i used it from beta1. Beta3 is very good, but i have some problems:

-When someone call me, screen not switched on every time(sometimes blank and vibrate only, not just 10s, i have to wait forever)

-I think there is some memory bug, sometimes very slow, and my memory always goes down to 11MB, and sometimes android restarts itself.(android logo, then asking PIN)

-Sometimes when i press power on button(endcall button) to unlock the phone, the screen stay blank, but vibrate when i touch.

That's all i think. Anyway, this beta is very good!:)

Edited by musicman1982

Guest voyteckst

Hello Voyteckst, Sorry for this noob question, but where can i find this AKMD CFG FILE?

I just copy the update to mystorage where haret is and reboot twice.And you saying something about removing that file?

My battery isn't doing that long.

Thanks and Greets

/data/misc/akmd_set.txt

And additionally check what is written in the first post...

I am trying to create a new folder in my sdcard through file explorer and it says i cant. If i create a folder from windows to my sd card and see its properties i have only read rights, i cant write!!!

Anyone else facing this problem?

I guess that why i cant install some apps that require sd write access rights.

Guest s jithu

im extermely sorry for the stupid question i can install beta2 auto on sd card but not able to install beta3 auto so i tried beta2 and update to ( beta3 from beta2 ) but unsuscess

so my question is update from beta2 to beta3 ( how to do ) from winmo or from inside andriod . please help

Guest shoarmabakpao

Just wondering if anyone try benchmark in our new brand android Omnia. My Quadrant Standard Edition score is 391 (MicroSD KingMax 4G class 6) and 406 (My Storage).

My Quadrant Standard Edition score is 488

Dear Mr. Voyteckts ,

Regarding this note , could you tell us when this issue will be fixed ?? expected Note3: There is delay beetween phone starts calling and incall screen appear. It have to be fixed.

Thanks for this big project ....

Guest guspurwanto

I have the same problem.

After upgrading from Beta 3 to Beta 3 update 1, disappeared all programs that were installed on sd (my memory). Android shows like I took out the sd card.

I finally found a way out is to install the application when the sdcard in unmounted, after the application is installed return the sdcard settings as before ...

(Setting -> SD card & phone setting)

sorry for my bad english ...

Guest nikkotsoi

hello, maybe a bit off topic

Is there anyone found that once we open the facebook app

even we kill it by the task killer,

a few seconds later the facebook and also other apps (like google map/news,etc) will be opened in background automatically.?

this annoys me a lot since it cause less ram for use ,slow response and battery draining of the phone <_<

any ideas ? thx

Guest Rapid81

a few seconds later the facebook and also other apps (like google map/news,etc) will be opened in background automatically.?

this annoys me a lot since it cause less ram for use ,slow response and battery draining of the phone <_<

any ideas ? thx

I never started the Facebook app, because I don't have an account, and even this way, the app starts automatically. It's totally natural.

Other:

I created a new Live Wallpaper update. It's only contains the necessary files, no additional LWPs in it (those never worked anyway).

http://www.4shared.c...3updatetar.html

Edited by Rapid81

Guest marisaleh

Before anwsering, I just want to say, that I'm not a programmer, and I don't have programming skills, so this is only my experience in dealling with the problems that I encountered.

Regarding USB problem, I also had it. This is how I solved it, maybe it will work for you to.

Do a rebbot - recovery mode, Enter windows mobile definitions, set USB conection to SDcard.

Plug device to the computer (it will open the SDcard of course). Now, in WM go to my storage and run haret, wait for android to start (don't disconnect USB cable!!!!)

See if the computer recognizes the SDcard now....

For all that are having problem with sensors, like I was having, here's how I solved it - fresh beta 3 manual installation in my storage (with some changes to the "official" guide of beta 3 manual installation in my storage. Basically I did all the partitions (set has primary) like Gardakkan guide, then set fstab to use swap. Modified startup.txt (from beta 2 manual installation) like gardakkan guide sugested and copy haret and startup.txt and new zimage from update to my storage.

Then I extracted the files from the update file and copied them (replacing the old ones) in the android "system".

But, before doing a new installation, verify if the sensors file that you have is the new one, and this also applies to the zimage, because if you're using the previous zimages with the new sensors file, it will scramble your sensors.

Ran haret and all went fine. My problem with battery charging was gone, sensors worked just fine, except the USB problem that I solved by doing what I said above.

In order to my SDcard be properly mounted, I didn't do anything (I didn't followed gardakkan guide, because I allready had tried with no sucess, so I skipped that step in installation - the part of setting vold.fstab)

To copy the files under Ubuntu (always in sudo) you can use console (I wouldn't recommend it if you're not confortable with it), nautilus or for instance "ark" file manager. Remenber just to open them with "user privileges" - sudo.

Camera works just fine - I miss AF....

Wifi is alot better and faster

Didn't tried Bluetooth or GPS....

For lack of memory I suggest you use ADW as launcher (I know is not as appealing as go launcher ex) but it consumes less ram. Also, I only use 1 homescreen and only "energy widget" - the more widgets you have, the more laggy will the system be.

With this I get 45-55 mb free ram, menus are fluid, programs open with a good speed.

Again, many thanks to the Dev Team for this incredible job.

I used your method exactly, fresh manual install on My Storage.

Everything worked fine, USB, Camera, apart from the battery,

It still charges upto 97%.

Regarding the sensors, I checked that I installed the latest file.

When you go to settings, and set the brightness to auto adjust,

I don't think this is working, as the screen brightness seems to

stay the same regardless of the surrounding light changes.

Can you please verify this on your phone

Guest shoarmabakpao

Your quadrant scores are really low!

My lowest was 464 and my highest was 488

I use the SD card install. I don't know what class it is. It's an 5 year old 2GB sd-card.

Guest Wagner Alves

Portuguese

Ola amigos

Parabéns pelo update. melhorando sempre.

Acho que esta rom não esta com root. instalei o CPU turner e a mensagem dizia que não havia permissão para trabalhar em root..e outros programas que também necessitavam de root apresentavam o mesmo problema.

Fica ai mais informação para que seja corrigido num proximo update.

Abraços do Brasil

English

Hello friends

Congratulations on the update. always improving.

I think this rom is not in root. CPU Turner installed and the message said there is no permission to work in root .. and other programs that also needed root had the same problem.

There is more information to be corrected in a future update.

Hugs from Brazil

any ideas ? thx

I never started the Facebook app, because I don't have an account, and even this way, the app starts automatically. It's totally natural.

... skip ...

try run autostarts app, and check each entry

it seems that once you granted an app certain permission, it would link itself to different mode changes (wifi on/off, connection on/off etc...)

Guest forajido

The ROM is rooted for sure. Don't know why you are having problems with root!

Yes, but although it's rooted, it cant't obtain root permissions when using some applications. Even some versions of an app can and some can't (e.g. older versions of rootexplorer can while newest not). It's an old issue not solved. Trying similar applications can work.

Guest jtsabino

Did anynone noticed the LED ligthing up without any apparent reason?

It happened to me about 4 or 5 times that I've noticed. The phone is sleeping than it just lights the LED, it scared me one night tongue.gif. I had to take the battery off because the phone wasn't responding.

The last three times it happened I just start the camera app and it turns the LED back off.

By the way: Thank dev team for sharing your work. I owe you all a free beer.

Guest Wagner Alves

Hai marlos, you can reroot using z4root .

Portuguese

Eu instalei o Z4root, mas quando finaliza, dá erro e trava. Acho que há problemas no root. Queria muito instalar o CPU Turner, para aumentar a vida da bateria

Alguma outra solução ou uma possivel correção no proximo update?

Alguem com o mesmo problema que eu?

English

I installed Z4root, but when it finishes, it gives error and crashes. I think there are problems in the root. I really wanted to install the CPU Turner, to increase battery life

Any other solution or a possible fix in next update?

Someone with the same problem as me?

Did anynone noticed the LED ligthing up without any apparent reason?

It happened to me about 4 or 5 times that I've noticed. The phone is sleeping than it just lights the LED, it scared me one night :P. I had to take the battery off because the phone wasn't responding.

The last three times it happened I just start the camera app and it turns the LED back off.

By the way: Thank dev team for sharing your work. I owe you all a free beer.

+1

it just happen on my phone. but it not scared me.. :P