[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

Guest voyteckst

Guest longsin

No, becasue it's created on boot.

in china, some phone come from other country, there in not chinese, modify ROM by oneself , the imei will become 0000000. so need modify nv_data.bin, the nv_data.bin contain imei .

Guest nikkotsoi

Thanks, but this the sam as in previous link (Spica one). Can You ask people on this forum to share this file (only for development purposes)?

Can you give more information , like how can people extract the nv_data.bin (like the location,.etc.)

Since seems the i6500 can't get their own imei even using official roms,

those posts are the tutorial of modifying nv_data for showing proper imei.

Guest voyteckst

Can you give more information , like how can people extract the nv_data.bin (like the location,.etc.)

Since seems the i6500 can't get their own imei even using official roms,

those posts are the tutorial of modifying nv_data for showing proper imei.

It's in /efs folder. Root access is needed I think.

EDIT: OK. It's not needed now (we know how to put it to nv_data.bin from beta2). Thanks for Your effort.

Edited by voyteckst

the phone is frozen I rebooted the the Android removing the battery and it is as if it had been freshly formatted. no app no longer works. Who can help me? is the second time it does

Guest emicba126

Hello.

First of all congratulations to this project and its creators. Very good.

I wanted to also say that my camera did not work. If not will have to do but I use the Omnia I8000L (Latin America).

I also wanted to take this opportunity to say that the creators do more stressed upon the battery, time, and call.

Sorry for my English because I speak a little and I'm using Google translator.

I send you greetings and hope that the project continues to thrive.

Guest betamale

Hey Hey!

I really used the search but I as not able to find a solution.

I have the beta 3 running and it is so closed to perfect. - I love it! -

The only thing that is not working like it should, is my data connection.

Even so I switched to a new t-mobile plan here in the USA which includes 4G data I only get an edge connection.

ALWAYS! .... No 3G .... Never!

So is there anything I can do about this?

Actually my Omnia II is a european one which I brought to the US. (if this matters at all?)

THANKS!

Guest stanleycc

(* For advance user and dev *)

I downloaded a file from Chinese forum and found something interesting

After I compare the file and search google there are many tweaks inside. I can't find any official doc that can explain the correct meaning / usage for all parameters. And I don't think we should mod/add all the parameter(s). We should have some useful for our device. Some may work well on other device but not for us.

The file is build.prop located at "system" folder. I use RootExlporer. You can edit using it. Or copy the edited build.prop into "system". Remember you should correct the file permission after copy.

The below parameters I tried 2 days and working well without corrupt / SOD. I didn't try it 1 by 1. Love to see any volunteer can try it 1 by 1 and share the result.

This making the laucher try to keep in memory if possible. I love to use laucher pro.

ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1
For performance, it seems everything more responsive
debug.sf.hw=1
dalvik.vm.execution-mode=int:jit
Properties of Scalado Denoise param. The call quality seems better.
postprocess.iso_midband=400
postprocess.denoise_level=5
For Powersave, I didn't compare work or not
pm.sleep_mode=1

Dear Dev team,

I assume you should focus on failsafe rom for us. If some parameter confirm working and useful please making it in next beta version.

At least I want ro.com.android.dataroaming=false by default instead =true. If I'm roaming in other country and need fresh install the system again. By default it will not using data when roaming that cost me the high service fee for roaming data charges. It can be easily switch on the option in setting if someone need data roaming.

P.S. If you do sorting, you will find some parameter is dulpicated. I will keep it one only

e.g. media.stagefright.enable-http

Edited by stanleycc

Guest voyteckst

(* For advance user and dev *)

I downloaded a file from Chinese forum and found something interesting

After I compare the file and search google there are many tweaks inside. I can't find any official doc that can explain the correct meaning / usage for all parameters. And I don't think we should mod/add all the parameter(s). We should have some useful for our device. Some may work well on other device but not for us.

The file is build.prop located at "system" folder. I use RootExlporer. You can edit using it. Or copy the edited build.prop into "system". Remember you should correct the file permission after copy.

The below parameters I tried 2 days and working well without corrupt / SOD. I didn't try it 1 by 1. Love to see any volunteer can try it 1 by 1 and share the result.

This making the laucher try to keep in memory if possible. I love to use laucher pro.

ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1
For performance, it seems everything more responsive
debug.sf.hw=1
dalvik.vm.execution-mode=int:jit
Properties of Scalado Denoise param. The call quality seems better.
postprocess.iso_midband=400
postprocess.denoise_level=5
For Powersave, I didn't compare work or not
pm.sleep_mode=1

Dear Dev team,

I assume you should focus on failsafe rom for us. If some parameter confirm working and useful please making it in next beta version.

At least I want ro.com.android.dataroaming=false by default instead =true. If I'm roaming in other country and need fresh install the system again. By default it will not using data when roaming that cost me the high service fee for roaming data charges. It can be easily switch on the option in setting if someone need data roaming.

P.S. If you do sorting, you will find some parameter is dulpicated. I will keep it one only

e.g. media.stagefright.enable-http

You can disable roaming in the menu, not reinstall whole system...

Guest stanleycc

You can disable roaming in the menu, not reinstall whole system...

Sure I know how to do that in menu.

My case is: I will go to other country occassionally. When I'm aboard while the Android get corrupt and I need to reinstall Android. Since I'm in roaming country. After Android fresh installed it'll try to using data connection automatically (in this case data roaming) before I go back at menu to switch it off.

Well, if this will not implement I still think there is work around. May be I can pull out the SIM card when install Android. Change the setting then put back the SIM card.

Guest voyteckst

Sure I know how to do that in menu.

My case is: I will go to other country occassionally. When I'm aboard while the Android get corrupt and I need to reinstall Android. Since I'm in roaming country. After Android fresh installed it'll try to using data connection automatically (in this case data roaming) before I go back at menu to switch it off.

Well, if this will not implement I still think there is work around. May be I can pull out the SIM card when install Android. Change the setting then put back the SIM card.

I can disable it in next beta, but for me Android get never corrupted and have no SOD since beta2.

Guest shoarmabakpao

I can disable it in next beta, but for me Android get never corrupted and have no SOD since beta2.

Yes that would be very good. Not everyone has an data plan. If it's from default off then people won't get extra costs. I always take my sim out my phone before installing a new beta android because data is by default on.

I also never get corruption & SOD on beta3

Guest lilfarhad94

peace guys^^

i have a question ..

do i have to make a partition on mystorage for the new froyo beta 3 version or can i just use the automatic installer ?

thhxx!! ;)

Guest shoarmabakpao

peace guys^^

i have a question ..

do i have to make a partition on mystorage for the new froyo beta 3 version or can i just use the automatic installer ?

thhxx!! ;)

Just use the automatic SD card installer. It will work great =)

Guest rmichalko

Hi Voyteckst,

Is it possible to switch off backlight in froyo? This feature is useful in a dark room, because the minimal backlight is very bright in dark environment. In winmo it can be done using e.g. Smart.cab tool from phj.hu/i8000. In froyo beta3 the backlight is always on - even with brightness set to min via power widget. However, in fact I noticed that backlight in froyo turns off, but only when there is no user interaction and the device is going to sleep soon. It would be nice if setting backlight to min would switch off also backlight.

Guest lilfarhad94

after i started the androidinstall.exe and a few lines later ist says

"swap partetion size:128Mb

End?"

now it is about 10minutes like this

what i have to do now

thx :)

Guest 4erven1

First, let e say that i've installed it on my storage, with the autoinstaller. The instalation itself run well, but when i clicked on haret it did nothing, except it run something about looking for connection on port 9900. does anybody know whats that all about. And is it posible to fix it.

Guest antonio junior

I have a doubt, people who are having 1% per hour battery drain is in airplane mode? it onlygot that way, and even more than an hour, when network access is draining the battery in 12 hours or so.

Edited by antonio junior

Guest shoarmabakpao

I have a doubt, people who are having 1% per hour battery drain is in airplane mode? it onlygot that way, and even more than an hour, when network access is draining the battery in 12 hours or so.

No doubts. I use my phone everyday on beta3 froyo now. I got my theme on it and some cool apps. Over night I only lose around 5%-8% in standby mode.

Edited by shoarmabakpao

Guest crusssader

after i started the androidinstall.exe and a few lines later ist says

"swap partetion size:128Mb

End?"

now it is about 10minutes like this

what i have to do now

thx :)

format sd card with minitol ....

Guest Pazuzu666

Hi.

I have a question concerning the installation of Froyo on an SD card. Can I install all the apps when the system is running from an SD card, cos most apps are made for an internal storage install?

Thanks for the answer.

Cheers