[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

Guest voyteckst

Guest voyteckst

USB "On the Go" is able to work on our devices with android?

Does it work on WM? Is it in specification of O2?

Edited by voyteckst

Little tip for Sygic (sometimes needed). Go to Sygic settings, turn off GPS, turn on. But for fix You have to wait like on WM (it worked very fast on beta 2).

Thanks again.

I tried again this tip , I had to do it twice and it worked. But after that it crushed and I wasn't able to start it again. It just started up and I was able to see the SYGIC logo and than suddenly dissapered from the screen.

Guest matriX1218

I confirm that letting my omnia go to autosleep my battery lasts longer. I tested it last night and it go down by only 10% for 10 hours. It usually went about 40%-50% down.

Devs,

Believe me or not but...

I still put emphasis on this that something is wrong with manual lock... Also I've found that it is the screen/display that is eating too much battery... Hope you'll solve this...

I don't know programming otherwise I could have helped this community... :(

Devs,

Believe me or not but...

I still put emphasis on this that something is wrong with manual lock... Also I've found that it is the screen/display that is eating too much battery... Hope you'll solve this...

I don't know programming otherwise I could have helped this community... :(

Hi Dev, some further resource I got about the build.prop parameter (http://xdandroid.com...line_parameters)

pm.sleep_mode

0: Power Collapse Suspend - totally power off the ARM11

1: Power Collapse - totally power off the ARM11

2: Apps Sleep - ARM11 is still on, but put into low-power mode

3: the ARM11's clock is lowered to 20 MHz instead of 300–500, and voltage is lowered too; wait for interrupt

4: Wait for Interrupt - no change in ARM11's clock or voltage

May we know what's the default value we have in our kernel?

if it something like (2) or (3), would it be possible for some HW to drain power still?

Edited by Job21

Guest greatwiseone

It's been pretty amazing. I've had my mobile data on the whole day for my beta3 Omnia 2, and the battery life actually lasts a whole day, with some usage throughout the day. I can't believe how much better the beta3 is. Looking forward to the next release!

Guest s jithu

can some one explain how can i install beta3 on sd card 2gb ( with all updateed and fix )

fresh install

what i mean is should i install beta3 then beta3 update 1 and then again beta3 update 1 fix

or the stright beta 3 with all update how can i do this sad.gif

Edited by s jithu

Guest rom_omnia2

can some one explain how can i install beta3 on sd card 2gb ( with all updateed and fix )

fresh install

what i mean is should i install beta3 then beta3 update 1 and then again beta3 update 1 fix

or the stright beta 3 with all update how can i do this sad.gif

http://o2droid.phj.hu/index_en.php

Download and install beta 3 Automatic install package. Launch it, reboot and then apply update 1 (2.3mb) and then apply update fix (2.2mb).

It's all small packages, there's no "again", it's just updates.

Guest s jithu

http://o2droid.phj.hu/index_en.php

Download and install beta 3 Automatic install package. Launch it, reboot and then apply update 1 (2.3mb) and then apply update fix (2.2mb).

It's all small packages, there's no "again", it's just updates.

thanks did it only one question wthat things i have to delete after all installing

what i mean is so many files i copied to mystorage after install process any unwanted files i can del to have space

Edited by s jithu

Guest andylau

thanks did it only one question wthat things i have to delete after all installing

what i mean is so many files i copied to mystorage after install process any unwanted files i can del to have space

except haret.exe, zImage and startup.txt that is needed to boot android, all of the rest can be deleted

Guest shoarmabakpao

This may sound weird but I accidently deleted my back-up files of my android on the ext4 partition (was trying to make cyanogenmod to work)

What I then did was not reformat it but I reinstalled beta3 android but without those updates. It may sound weird but everything is sooo butter smooth! App's launch rapidly and it's just amazing!

Or is it even quicker with those updates? it is just that I don't feel to update since it is sooo incredible fast and smooth!

Edited by shoarmabakpao

Guest andylau

This may sound weird but I accidently deleted my back-up files of my android on the ext4 partition (was trying to make cyanogenmod to work)

What I then did was not reformat it but I reinstalled beta3 android but without those updates. It may sound weird but everything is sooo butter smooth! App's launch rapidly and it's just amazing!

Or is it even quicker with those updates? it is just that I don't feel to update since it is sooo incredible fast and smooth!

as what you said, it is smoother for a second installing without formatting the ext4 partition?

Guest shoarmabakpao

as what you said, it is smoother for a second installing without formatting the ext4 partition?

Well in my case, yes but you could try it aswell. It might not happen for you. Settings is very fast. Launching an already launched app is really fast. I have opera, destinia (game), contacts, sms and music all together without lag.

I have always opera on for my school schedule. SMS is always on. Never a single bit of lag. It really sounds impressive and it is since I am impressed!

Guest andylau

Well in my case, yes but you could try it aswell. It might not happen for you. Settings is very fast. Launching an already launched app is really fast. I have opera, destinia (game), contacts, sms and music all together without lag.

I have always opera on for my school schedule. SMS is always on. Never a single bit of lag. It really sounds impressive and it is since I am impressed!

maybe i will try it when i have time, my android get a sod almost once a day, sometimes in settings and sometines in dial panel

Guest s jithu

except haret.exe, zImage and startup.txt that is needed to boot android, all of the rest can be deleted

thank u so much one more thing in andriod my internal storage its shows only 523 mb

in market im not able to download any apps it say download error

Edited by s jithu

Guest andylau

thank u so much one more thing in andriod my internal storage its shows only 523 mb

in market im not able to download any apps it say download error

if you installed android in internal storage, the available storage is dependent on your partitions, fat32 for storage, ext4 for android

and if installed in sdcard, the internal storage is different with your phone version, 2G/8G/16G

the market didn't work for me, the download speed is 0 whether in 2G or wifi, so i uninstall it and search apps from websites

Guest s jithu

if you installed android in internal storage, the available storage is dependent on your partitions, fat32 for storage, ext4 for android

and if installed in sdcard, the internal storage is different with your phone version, 2G/8G/16G

the market didn't work for me, the download speed is 0 whether in 2G or wifi, so i uninstall it and search apps from websites

mine is 8gb i install in 2gb sd card and it show only 523 mb then where is 7+ gb gone

bluetooth dosent work for me its disable

Edited by s jithu

Guest Vlad_O2_RO

Hello guys!

First let me say thank you and great job to all the Devs and people involved in this amazing project! It's purely awesome!

Second, I managed to install Froyo Beta 3 on my Omnia 2 running WM 6.5.3 (JJ1 ROM) by following the Install Instructions for SD Card to the letter!

Everything went smoothly and nice, except for the pinky screen : I personally NEVER saw ANY pink or pinkish screen during install whatsoever , only the normal installation messages plus black screens!

Anyways once I finally found myself inside the Froyo Beta 3 environment (after update 1 and update 1 fix and all), I can observe the following :

- Calling works like a charm (sending and receiving calls) with some exceptions : every now and then I get black screen and a non-responsive phone that can only be undone by removing the Battery and booting back into WM. This happened 5 times during the past 4 days!

- Sound is excellent everywhere

- Wi-Fi is gorgeous ! This phone has never ever had this browsing speed and smoothness via Wi-Fi before !

- 3G works great

- Android Market also works beautifully and I managed to download , install and play Angry Birds (classic and Rio), Jewels and 2 other games in no time with Wi-Fi!

- Bluetooth was not tested fully by me, but it does activate and lets me set device name and such, so I assume it's working great!

- Swap works as intended.

- SU command works great, granting me instant Superuser

- Time is accurate always after entering the PIN for SIM Card lock, NOT before!

- Screen movement and such are working ok

On the downside though I have these issues :

- CAMERA NOT Working! No matter what I do and try, Camera NEVER worked! I always get the "Force Stop" error message cause by unexpected error!

- I cannot access ANY contact stored on SIM card! I had to manually export the contact while in WM via Kies , save them as vCard , copy the vCards on the SD Card and only after that reimport the vCards in Froyo from the SD Card!

- USB connection is NOT working while in Froyo whatsoever....and I tried all suggestions posted here! Everything works perfectly once I get back in WM.

- Battery is drained "almost instantly"! I used to recharge my battery every 5-6 days before with WM, now I have to recharge it every 18-26 hours, maximum 30 hours!

If any solutions are found, I would LOVE to get them posted here!

Thanks again and best regards!

Edited by Vlad_O2_RO

i followed the instructions for installing froyo to internal storage. i have the 8gb version and create the folowing partitions:

1 primary fat 32, exactly 6687mb (sdcard)

1 primary ext4, exactly 1024mb (system)

1 primary linux-swap, exactly 128mb

mounted the first two partitions, copied the extracted files from ext4.tar.gz to 'system', downloaded zimage from updatefix1, copied that with startup.txt from froyobeta2 manual installer and haret.exe, both from root folder, to sdcard

but i did not use the commands to transfer, i used 'sudo nautilus'

so far so good, i clicked haret.exe, on top of the screen 'android for i8000' or something else appears, then the android logo.

now the problem, i waited. yeah, i waited and waited and waited..and waited.and went to toilet..and waited..and took a shower and android did not start! it seemed as though the logo shone in a endless loop! i took the battery off and tried again..but failed again..

can anyone help me?

Guest gibsonlp

plz help,i run androidinstall.exe and it says "you requested a partition from ...mb to ....mb . the closest location we can manage is .... mb to .... mb. is this still acceptable to you? yes/no?"it probably waits for an answer but how am i supposed to answer?