[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

Guest voyteckst

Guest voyteckst

hi guys,,......

thanks dev for the effort on porting android. ive been using cm for last couple of days and everything is going great. the only problem is the battery drain fast, charging is not 100% and screen calibration.

anyone got any solution about calibrating the screen? ive tried calibration tools but nothing work.

thanks

Disable auto-sync.

Disable auto-sync.

ive disabled it the first time i used it. gps, auto sync, enable 2g. i just used it for 1 call for 2min. from 98% to 95%.

thanks for the reply voyteckst.

Guest WajdiPathwalker

can anyone help me i can't upload the updates "cm_o2_update.sh" i boot haret, run android, then reboot to check the file and it remains there whyle it should deseppear if successful... what to do???? sad.gif

Guest zappazz

I'm experimenting long battery duration (very good) with "Use 2g" Enabled + "Data" Disabled + "AutoSync" Disabled + "GPS" Disabled + "WiFi" Disabled.

The problem is that the omina2Droid defaults (i mean settings present after each boot) are: "Use 2g" Disabled and "Data" Enabled.

It happen (i don't know why) that somethimes Android reboot itself (it is a "partial" reboot, without passing through WinMo) and if this occour during the night, phone goes completely out of charge (0% battery)

How can i change these defaults so that, if Android reboot itself, i can get "Use 2g" Enabled and "Data" Disabled by default?

Thanks

Edited by zappazz

Guest marios32

Since automatic update(headphones one) didn't work by itself, i had to do it manually.

So i use Ubuntu and change the services.jar file in system/framework/ . Then headphones get detected, but then any PC i plug the phone wont recognize it and will only charge it.

What could have gotten wrong after i used nautilus(root) to replace the specific update file ? Would appreciate any help.:)

Also having the soft reset bug/problem didn't really affect my battery till now though.

Edited by marios32

Guest Nelson Neoh

I'm experimenting long battery duration (very good) with "Use 2g" Enabled + "Data" Disabled + "AutoSync" Disabled + "GPS" Disabled + "WiFi" Disabled.

The problem is that the omina2Droid defaults (i mean settings present after each boot) are: "Use 2g" Disabled and "Data" Enabled.

It happen (i don't know why) that somethimes Android reboot itself (it is a "partial" reboot, without passing through WinMo) and if this occour during the night, phone goes completely out of charge (0% battery)

How can i change these defaults so that, if Android reboot itself, i can get "Use 2g" Enabled and "Data" Disabled by default?

Thanks

Try install CPU Tuner. It can auto tune your Power Usage and Features when it's starts up.

You can get it from Market for free.

With CPU Tuner, 3G enabled, Data Disabled, Auto Sync Disabled, GPS Disabled, WIFI OFF, Auto Rotate Censor Disabled.

Full charged Battery last one whole day (7am~10pm) , with at least 2 hours TD game and 4 hours reading.

Guest haze028

Is anyone else having a problem with the market? My first few apps download with no problems, about my 4th download on says it's going to download, then resets itself. If i view it it market it just wants me to download again. Doesn't matter if i'm wifi, or 3g same results.

Has anyone else had this, if so, how did you resolve?

Guest Nelson Neoh

Hi Voyteckst,

I have noticed there are some games which work good in Beta3 was not function correctly in CMB1.

Here's an example:

Link to Game in Market:

https://market.andro...n.games.tangram

The Game titles: Tangram Moments

post-599320-0-45475600-1323056456_thumb.

The Correct in-game visual:

post-599320-0-22810000-1323056449_thumb.

Current problem visual:

post-599320-0-28128200-1323056463_thumb.

You can see all the pieces was not draw in proper size. When touch on these pieces, some of the part is not functional, means the pieces had been draw larger than it should be.

Another Sample: 3KTD.

Game Screen was not full screen display.

post-599320-0-94965100-1323058886_thumb.

There are some other games having sizing problem too, but previous was work flawlessly.

Is this a noticed bug?

Edited by Nelson Neoh

Guest harrypotter222

Have re-installed the whole system the 2nd time, still can't get the IME change to any Chinese Input Method.

Anybody having the same problem?

Here's the steps had been taken:

• Overwrite all 3 files into /system/fonts and chmod to 644.
  • Installed Google PinYin
  • Enabled Google PinYin in Settings->Language and Keyboard.
  • Changed Language to Chinese Taiwan
  • Open New SMS, Click on Keyboard Settings, then clicked on Select Input Method.

Until here, the screen will fall back to New SMS screen with only Android Keyboard. There should have another screen for me to pick which IME I wish to use but it didn't appear.

Screen of Input Option.

post-599320-0-65228700-1322817176_thumb.

Screen after clicked on Select Input Method. No IME list for me to pick!

post-599320-0-59573600-1322817185_thumb.

The Fonts had been patched and chmod to 644.

post-599320-0-59096700-1322817192_thumb.

Further, my USB connection sometimes is working but it might not work again after a reboot.

Any idea to fix it up? I try to get the logcat for showing what happening in background while I do the switch of IME, but I can't get adb connection now.

Any command I can put in terminal to initiate the USB connection?

I have the exact problem , do any chinese forum have a fix for keyborad IME yet? My app2sd doesn't work too even after applying the fix.

Guest Nelson Neoh

I have the exact problem , do any chinese forum have a fix for keyborad IME yet? My app2sd doesn't work too even after applying the fix.

I have got solution:

App2SD is not totally work. Try the native App Move in Manage Application.

Guest harrypotter222

nelson, I didn't touch "chmod to 644", and according to others, only droidsansfallback.ttf is needed to be replaced

maybe u can try with other IME, I used cedIME, it includes Pinyin

tried cedIME, same problem, no lists of additional keyboards can be selected from a list, the list doesn't pop up at all. I don't think installing any other keyboard will fix this issue.

sorry but did I mentioned previously that u've to at least enable the swipe keyboard for english first? (u can check if ur keyboard has all the numbers shown properly as upper case of the qwerty row)

wrong setting (default): figures are missing (3,4 and a few others) and in orange color

correct setting: all no. present and is in dark grey

(if u still uncertain, take a pic if u can)

Edited by Job21

Guest s jithu

pls help pls help i lost mystoarge after installing beta3 automatic for internal memory

how to get back i have created rom_dump.bin but how to flash back to get factory setting

i humble request i also lost phone network guide me what shall i do .....

pls help pls help i lost mystoarge after installing beta3 automatic for internal memory

how to get back i have created rom_dump.bin but how to flash back to get factory setting

i humble request i also lost phone network guide me what shall i do .....

restoring hidden partition is a WM issue, look for help from the right sub-forum

Guest s jithu

restoring hidden partition is a WM issue, look for help from the right sub-forum

i searched a lot but unable to find out solution

atleast want to know i can flas back of my rom_dump.bin but how to do

Guest voyteckst

i searched a lot but unable to find out solution

atleast want to know i can flas back of my rom_dump.bin but how to do

It was written many times... Flash full MST rom.

Guest greatwiseone

Finally got the CM beta1 working (completely reinstall rather than updating of old beta), and it really is much speedier. The new ice cream sandwich Google music app works great and stability to be better. Wifi's very good too! Keep up the good work Dev's!

Guest Abhiraj4

pls answer dis.

I Just installed keylayout to use original key Functions which was There earlier in this post.....

but the prob is we have to unlock device by Pressing end button and then lock button

Can anyone tell me the change to be made in keylayout for using only one key to unlock...

rest all works cham... :)

Edited by Abhiraj4

Guest vaibhah

Hi thank you dev my phone is better than ever personally i have problems with

1. Market (whenever i open it Google maps starts downloading itself. Previously i used to wait for download to finish but i noticed it repeats the same thing so now i kill the download from manage apps n clear data from downloads)

(N i m not able to download certain application from market like the download for certain apps begins n completes as well but they are not installed)

2. Volume of what i say in a call is pretty low n it becomes somewhat better when i increase in call volume to Max but then listening to what the caller is saying is like i have placed my ears near loudspeaker.

3. Wifi (always says its obtaining IP address but never connects)

Solution to battery problems as i noticed is turn off data from the scroll bar when you are sleeping which is an awesome feature for me personally or you can install battery defender which has 3 options for battery management.

Thank you all!!

Guest acsel10

Hi all,

after a few days on CM Beta1, i'm satisfied of the working android installed.

One notice i've to report only, the GPS connection for me don't work...

I've installed the beta correctly and using the beta phone image the GPS don't work...if i using the original phone image, replaced with the script provided directly in the beta installation package, the GPS don't work too.

Only this feature is not working at the moment...I thanks the dev team for everything.