[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

Guest voyteckst

Guest shoarmabakpao

Maybe it's supported since ICS? I haven't seen such option fo previous versions of android and this was mostly the cause that android interface is'nt so smooth like iphone.

Well in ICS there is even an option under the developer tab at Settings to enable GPU rendering.

I did some research and found out that Touchwiz and HTC Sense do use GPU rendering to make the launcher and UI very very smooth. Especially HTC knows how to do it right. (samsung used it partitially on android 2.2)

But I think this might be alot work to get GPU rendering to work on froyo since it might not even work or even slow down the phone.

Gingerbread has garbage collection on it. Would that speed up the phone?

Hi..

I been using cyanogenMod one month ago and its great

Im using every day, now there is some bugs that I like to share and see if there is an solution

- I cant receive any calls.. when someone callsme my phone appears like its off.. I dont know if this is a network/company issue but I can make calls.

- the "home" boton (the one on the side together with the camera button) doesnt work anymore.. I have to use the "red" button to go to home but I cant block my screen

- my "green/send" key doesnt bring up the phone app

I think reinstalling the rom will fix the things up.. but I dont wanna have to start over and install and customise my phone all over

so if there is a solution it will be appreciated

Guest Abhiraj4

skip...

I think reinstalling the rom will fix the things up.. but I dont wanna have to start over and install and customise my phone all over

so if there is a solution it will be appreciated

hey why dont u try backing upp ur launcher settings... you can backup ur apps n der data by titanium backup!!!!

Guest Abhiraj4

Hey even dou i have selected "Lock home in memory" ..... it restarts every time i switch app n come home.... so

HOW DO I ACTUALLY LOCK D LAUNCHER IN MA MEMORY???

im using go launcher ex as default ...... but i also have awd n launcher pro

.... many peopl r facing this prob!!!! n may be earlier also it was mentioned by someone..... but nt answered!!!!!

Guest nikkotsoi

Hey even dou i have selected "Lock home in memory" ..... it restarts every time i switch app n come home.... so

.... many peopl r facing this prob!!!! n may be earlier also it was mentioned by someone..... but nt answered!!!!!

Try set it in ur own launcher 's setting

Launcher pro have got the option to lock in memory

also

Try set in cyanogen mod setting again

Default setting is already locking home in memory

but every time i reinstall my android

i will disable the option > reboot >enable it back > reboot

my home screen and app drawers is showing fast now!:D

Guest ray1234

I think this has to do with our extremely small available memory of 128m. Even though you set it to lock, if it really runs out of memory, android system will kill the app. I think the option is just to keep the process in the lowest priority when it comes to killing it, so it'll stay in memory longer than without the option, but if the inevitable comes, it'll still be killed.... someone correct me pls if I'm wrong

Guest ray1234

I have a problem - not able to access my internal memory. My installation is on sdcard, and I can see my sdcard's fat32 partition under mnt/sdcard.

However, nothing appears under \storage. I looked into the init.rc, \storage is mapped to mmcblk1p5. I don't know if it has anything to do with I previously installing on internal and wiped the partition via minitool. I think the partition is not p5 now, that's why I see nothing under \storage. How can I tell what partition number my internal storage in under now? I don't see the info under minitool.

Guest gauravv

I have a problem - not able to access my internal memory. My installation is on sdcard, and I can see my sdcard's fat32 partition under mnt/sdcard.

However, nothing appears under \storage. I looked into the init.rc, \storage is mapped to mmcblk1p5. I don't know if it has anything to do with I previously installing on internal and wiped the partition via minitool. I think the partition is not p5 now, that's why I see nothing under \storage. How can I tell what partition number my internal storage in under now? I don't see the info under minitool.

restart your android it happened to me once....fixed after restart

Guest ray1234

restart your android it happened to me once....fixed after restart

Nope, I've already been booting a hundred times, I used it for over a few weeks already, it won't appear, I think the partition number is really wrong [EDIT] Never mind, I got it now. For some reason, the partition becomes mmcblk1p1, I just guessed starting from 0 and got it working at p1.

Edited by ray1234

attention to the battery overheating. Today my battery lost acid after a sleep of death with overheating. :angry:

Edited by demy94

Guest shoarmabakpao

attention to the battery overheating. Today my battery lost acid after a sleep of death with overheating. :angry:

My phone went from 95% to 0,00% in less than 50 minutes!

How do I know?

Before I enterd my class my battery was at 95%. my lesson lasts 50minutes and I did not use my phone during the lesson. After the lesson I checked my phone and than I noticed it was DEAD! even after pulling the battery and trying to start windows, it refused

when I got home I connected an A/C adapter to it to recharge the phone :(

Only happend once and it shocked me. I thought my phone was dead!

Guest erikcas

I think this has to do with our extremely small available memory of 128m. Even though you set it to lock, if it really runs out of memory, android system will kill the app. I think the option is just to keep the process in the lowest priority when it comes to killing it, so it'll stay in memory longer than without the option, but if the inevitable comes, it'll still be killed.... someone correct me pls if I'm wrong

In my opinion the use of available ram (hardwarewise) is optimized for omnia II and Pro by Sandor. We have to deal with a physical memory limitation, complain to Samsung for it. Memory is optimized to compromize between things like speed and media rendering amongst things.

My phone went from 95% to 0,00% in less than 50 minutes!

How do I know?

Before I enterd my class my battery was at 95%. my lesson lasts 50minutes and I did not use my phone during the lesson. After the lesson I checked my phone and than I noticed it was DEAD! even after pulling the battery and trying to start windows, it refused

when I got home I connected an A/C adapter to it to recharge the phone :(

Only happend once and it shocked me. I thought my phone was dead!

the same happened to me, I looked at the battery connections and oxidized and there were a few drops of acid. I cleaned the connectors and I called but it is melted, charging from 0 to 50% in 3 minutes :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

- I cant receive any calls.. when someone callsme my phone appears like its off.. I dont know if this is a network/company issue but I can make calls.

the "home" boton (the one on the side together with the camera button) doesnt work anymore.. I have to use the "red" button to go to home but I cant block my screen

please help

Edited by Dargor

Guest voyteckst

the "home" boton (the one on the side together with the camera button) doesnt work anymore.. I have to use the "red" button to go to home but I cant block my screen

please help

There is no magic ,that it stopped working just like that. If You have problem, just reinstall android making backup of Your data first.

Hi..

I reinstalled my android..

but there is some problem and Im going to be the most specific on the details as possible

I installed the way "Gardakkan" describes but there's a changes

1 - this is my startup file (the only one that seems to work)

Set kernel zImage

Set ramsize 180*1024*1024

Set mtype 1626

Set ramaddr 0x50000000

Set kernelcrc 1

Set CMDLINE "rootdelay=2 root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 init=/init console=ttySAC2,115200 vmalloc=256M"

setbitp 0x7F008808 5 1

pfw 0x7f005800 4 0x3

pfw 0x7f005804 4 0x805

pfw 0x7f005808 4 0x7

pfw 0x7f00580c 4 0x0

pfw 0x7f005828 4 0x11

pfw 0x7f00582c 4 0x80

boot

and I have to change the vold.fstab

like this

## Vold 2.0 Generic fstab

## - San Mehat ([email protected])

##

#######################

## Regular device mount

##

## Format: dev_mount <label> <mount_point> <part> <sysfs_path1...>

## label - Label for the volume

## mount_point - Where the volume will be mounted

## part - Partition # (1 based), or 'auto' for first usable partition.

## <sysfs_path> - List of sysfs paths to source devices

######################

# externel sdcard

dev_mount sdcard /sdcard auto /devices/platform/s3c-sdhci.1/mmc_host/mmc0

#keep this line.

IT WORKS this way but diferent..

the first time I installed Cyanogen the boot logo says

O2droid in green

now it says

Android

but it keeps loading but nothing happens

if there is some more details that you need to see if there is a problem PLEASE let me now

thanks!

Guest gauravv
post-661899-0-31486100-1326525352_thumb.For all those having android freeze at boot logo.....check the performance settings as high in winmo!!..and make sure it is everytime there when u boot winmo!! Edited by gauravv

For those who get random reboots and such things note that if you set the VM heap lower than 24m you'll get random crashes. I was just messing with my settings until I decided to set the VM heap to 16 I used it for like 2 hours and noticed that It got rebooted for 3 times. That's because android reboots if someone calls you while having the VM Heap lower than 24 and yeah I've been called 3 times.

Anyway, anyone has played some games like fruit ninja ? How is it working for you ? And I refer to those who installed their android on internal storage, does the game runs smooth or kinda slow ?

the same happened to me, I looked at the battery connections and oxidized and there were a few drops of acid. I cleaned the connectors and I called but it is melted, charging from 0 to 50% in 3 minutes :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

i hv my original battery killed for this

As i pointed to dev,proximity sensor has problem (not sure it it's related to no auto-brightness as well)

before going to sleep,if u turn over the phone or cover the sensor,theres great chance of SOD

And by SOD, it's not really no activity behind. Instead, it's been ultra active that heat up your battery very much, until all its acid being killed

When it goes sleep, I'd now would hold it in my hand for few seconds, before putting backing to my pocket

Edited by Job21

Guest nikkotsoi

ok..

I manage to Install cyanogen again..

but there's a problem.. dont "see" the SDCARD partition

any help?

try correcting your sd card partition number in init.rc

Guest vakaloka

ok..

I manage to Install cyanogen again..

but there's a problem.. dont "see" the SDCARD partition

any help?

Come on... it's been asked thousands of times at least go through this list of problems I made so that people like you didn't ask questions like that -.-