[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

Guest voyteckst

Guest nikkotsoi

My 'e' key is ok..... please, help me. Anyone have ROOT permissions in that ROM?? I don't have!!

Please explain me how to ROOT that ROM!

Thanks

cmb2

Things are working:

• Phone
  • WiFi
  • GPS (first time slow, next time very fast)
  • Data connections (GPRS)
  • Sensors (all)
  • 2D/3D
  • MP4/3GP movie play (camera hardware button doesn't work yet)
  • Camera in photo (up to 5MP) and movie recording mode (we are working on new driver)
  • Bluetooth
  • FM Radio
  • ADB/UMS
  • Autobrightness
  • it's already rooted

Guest chead

cmb2

Things are working:

• Phone
  • WiFi
  • Sensors (all)
  • 2D/3D
  • Camera in photo (up to 5MP) and movie recording mode (we are working on new driver)
  • Bluetooth
  • FM Radio
  • ADB/UMS
  • Autobrightness
  • it's already rooted

Yea, It maybe IS, but It wasn't working in beta 1 in my phone..

Guest rom_omnia2

Let's face it, don't make sense but with some programs "root" work, some others it doesn't. I also had problems enabling avast firewall, said didn't have root privileges.

Edited by rom_omnia2

Guest _AngeL_

cmb2

Things are working:

• Phone
  • WiFi
  • Sensors (all)
  • 2D/3D
  • Bluetooth
  • FM Radio
  • ADB/UMS
  • Autobrightness
  • it's already rooted

Yes!

I AM NOT stupid and I CAN READ............BUT THAT ROM IS NOT ROOTED because, when I try to run ES Explorer in Root mode it's hang!!!!!

If I try to run other programs in root mode occurs the same!

Please help.

Thanks

Guest erikcas

Yes!

I AM NOT stupid and I CAN READ............BUT THAT ROM IS NOT ROOTED because, when I try to run ES Explorer in Root mode it's hang!!!!!

Please help.

Thanks

Make your own rom. Try to learn android.http://source.android.com is a good start.

Take a look @ SM-Froyo and voku on github, and not at least, https://github.com/o2droid

So many people run this android without problems, just a few complain.

So dig into the source, modify it to your needs and start building.

Guest zappazz

Yes!

Please help.

Thanks

When you enable ES Exploer "root" feature, a popup apper and says that the feature is not fully compatible with lots of Smartphone and that it is a beta feature.

In my case that option hang the phone, too.

Witch other programs hangs?

Guest AlexandreBH

Nope. I am using CMBeta2 since they released it and never had a SOD =)

I use the normal SD-card install and my SDcard is an 8GB Class 10 so it's alot faster than internal.

Nice to hear that. This also means it is faster when you receive a call and the screen has to show the corresponding info? On my phone I have to wait like 3 or 4 seconds till the screen get's on the caller informartion is displayed.

Guest shoarmabakpao

Nice to hear that. This also means it is faster when you receive a call and the screen has to show the corresponding info? On my phone I have to wait like 3 or 4 seconds till the screen get's on the caller informartion is displayed.

I just tested it just for you =)

It's almost instant. My phone starts vibrating and then the screen turns on so there is no such delay =D

But I do not run stock CM Beta 2. I used alot tweaks on it which you can see a few pages back posted by me.

Btw. I don't remember what I changed on my omnia 2 but I can multi-task and still have a smooth phone o_O

I changed yesterday something at midnight and now I forgot what I did =S Does anyone got a idea? :S

EDIT: I found what I did! I changed compache to 26% o_O The phone feels really snappy but remember, do not try to do all the things you want such like playing a million games after another 10 million games. Just use your phone normal. Things I do on normal days is using these app's: stock sms-app, stock music-app, new opera mini, O/I Filemanager, stock contacts, stock settings, stock calling app. My phone keeps everything somehow in memory o_O

With all those app's on including all app's above and these: ADWLauncher EX with all 3d animations on and Beautifiull Widgets+ICS 4.0 theme for ADWLauncher EX and Chainfire3D. I still got 27MB ram left and that's with everything running =S

Edited by shoarmabakpao

Guest ipaq3870

Yes!

Please help.

Thanks

Calm down pal. Try the following in adb or terminal to see if it works:

su -c "mount /system /system"

Guest ipaq3870

EDIT: I found what I did! I changed compache to 26% o_O

IIRC, B2 does not include kernel module for ramzswap, nor the rzscontrol binary required for enabling compcache. I built and tried it myself, and didn't find any interactivity or multitasking improvement at all, if it's not even slower and more sluggish.

Guest chaozduke

Please Help! I received this error when I try to run Haret.exe

kernel panioc- not syncing vfs: unable to mount root fs on unkown-block(1,0)

It cannot mount on Internal but I unpacked all the files and folders inside my SD Card..

Help!

Guest shoarmabakpao

IIRC, B2 does not include kernel module for ramzswap, nor the rzscontrol binary required for enabling compcache. I built and tried it myself, and didn't find any interactivity or multitasking improvement at all, if it's not even slower and more sluggish.

I do have to mention that I got my own tweaks on CM Beta2 which already made an improvement. But after enabling compcache and putting it to 26%, it just improved the system. Mabey it interacted with one of my tweaks o_O

Guest haze028

I've always enabled my compcache to 26%, not sure if it does anything, but i'll agree it's always seemed a little smoother and snappier afterward. Glad to see that there are still people working on this port, after reading that development was going to slow down i stopped checking this thread. I've gotten a new phone so this is not my daily device anymore, but my intrest in all things android have me back and glad to see a further update and people such as erikcas and shoarmabakpao continuing to work and tweak this port.

So many thanks go out to voyteckst, almar, bsbsbs, egon, and phj for bringing android to these devices. Which were wasted with the addition of windows mobile.

I would love to see someone working one a way to put cwm on this phone. I realize that there are a lot of people that probably still use this phone daily, but i for one would sign up as a test subject to remove winmo from this phone for good.... even in a beta form this has blown wm out of the water from day one.

I realize that installing a nand android on this phone would probably require a lot more work by devs, so i'm not holding my breath, just offering any resources i can to assist in testing/helping with it. Death to microsoft and whatnot... ;)

Guest gauravv

I've always enabled my compcache to 26%, not sure if it does anything, but i'll agree it's always seemed a little smoother and snappier afterward. Glad to see that there are still people working on this port, after reading that development was going to slow down i stopped checking this thread. I've gotten a new phone so this is not my daily device anymore, but my intrest in all things android have me back and glad to see a further update and people such as erikcas and shoarmabakpao continuing to work and tweak this port.

So many thanks go out to voyteckst, almar, bsbsbs, egon, and phj for bringing android to these devices. Which were wasted with the addition of windows mobile.

I would love to see someone working one a way to put cwm on this phone. I realize that there are a lot of people that probably still use this phone daily, but i for one would sign up as a test subject to remove winmo from this phone for good.... even in a beta form this has blown wm out of the water from day one.

I realize that installing a nand android on this phone would probably require a lot more work by devs, so i'm not holding my breath, just offering any resources i can to assist in testing/helping with it. Death to microsoft and whatnot... ;)

yeah death to Microsoft.....my xbox 360 is stuck wid RROD...they are good for nothing :x

Guest p4rvZ

I do have to mention that I got my own tweaks on CM Beta2 which already made an improvement. But after enabling compcache and putting it to 26%, it just improved the system. Mabey it interacted with one of my tweaks o_O

How to enable the compcache? Can you post the procedure.

Thanks

Guest shoarmabakpao

How to enable the compcache? Can you post the procedure.

Thanks

Settings->SpicagenMod Settings->Performance->hit ok on the pop-up->Compcache RAM Usage->A new window will pop-up->Select 26%

It just does change the performance a bit on our favour but then again, I got my tweaks (which I posted here!!)in it aswell

Guest aafi-rocks

I have started to face a strange problem, when I end a call it just shows as 'ending call' and never ends the call. I am able to use the rest of the phone normally while it is still trying to end the call.

Already re-installed Android with the tweaks provided by 'shoarmabakpao' but still the same issue.

Anyone else facing similar issue or is there a fix for this.

Guest mariusg200x

hello!

i followed your tutorial to install beta3 but my device gets stuck on "Loading Android ....".

how long does it need to start for the first time ?

and i used startup.txt from the first page of the topic.

could you help me, please!

thank you for your time!

Edited by mariusg200x

Guest haze028

hello!

i followed your tutorial to install beta3 but my device gets stuck on "Loading Android ....".

how long does it need to start for the first time ?

and i used startup.txt from the first page of the topic.

could you help me, please!

thank you for your time!

Are you installing beta 3 or the cm beta 2? Internal or external?

how long are you giving it to load? It can take quite a while the first time 'round...

Guest shoarmabakpao

I have started to face a strange problem, when I end a call it just shows as 'ending call' and never ends the call. I am able to use the rest of the phone normally while it is still trying to end the call.

Already re-installed Android with the tweaks provided by 'shoarmabakpao' but still the same issue.

Anyone else facing similar issue or is there a fix for this.

No, I am not facing that issue but mabey it has to do with the end-call button.

My home-button is broken so I use end-call button as home and when it is at home it will go to sleepmode

I really do not any other cause of the problem. Why not to just press on the red endcall onscreen button for now?

Guest ipaq3870

Anyone got problem with call waiting?

I fixed it myself. In case any of you faces call waiting or 3-way conference issue with the phone dialer, the following patched framework.jar should be able to solve the problem. Apply, clear dalvik cache, reboot, and enjoy.

Credit to dh-harald.

framework.zip

Edited by ipaq3870

Guest ipaq3870

And by the way, there seems to be a problem with the B1/B2 build that triggers re-scan of every single installed package during boot. I patched the package manager service and re-instated the correct behaviour, and now it takes half the time to boot. The time saving is enormous. In case you want to try, apply the attached services.jar, clear dalvik cache, reboot, and enjoy. First time reboot should be very slow due to cache being re-created. YMMV. No warranty or guarantee of course :-)

services.zip

Edited by ipaq3870

Guest nikkotsoi

And by the way, there seems to be a problem with the B1/B2 build that triggers re-scan of every single installed package during boot. I patched the package manager service and re-instated the correct behaviour, and now it takes half the time to boot. The time saving is enormous. In case you want to try, apply the attached services.jar, clear dalvik cache, reboot, and enjoy. First time reboot should be very slow due to cache being re-created. YMMV. No warranty or guarantee of course :-)

it is super fast!

thank you!:D

Guest dpspcdrgn

Thank you all for the Mod. I am looking forwards to trying it.

I think it is funny though, I wish I would have just bought an android phone :/

Lol, my O2 was $800 CAD when I purchased it 3 years ago. ><

Guest dpspcdrgn

Could somebody please kindly mirror cm_beta2.zip? I am downloading it now but it is going so slow and keeps stopping. It says 6 hours for 130 MB which should take me about 13 seconds on an average day.