[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

Guest voyteckst

Guest TheSamuray

I am very thankful to all Dev team members ,,, specially Voytekst ,,, for the great job

For me it worked perfectly ,,, i had the same pink at the begining ,, but i changed the partetion No from 0 to 1 ,, as i m installing it into Mystorage

It is perfect ,, i have done arabization & it is mainly fine :)

I have no problem with wifi ,, the phone went into sleep while downloading & i found no problem in the connection

So great to find mass storage & connectivity to the computer :)

Still the problem of inability to install large apk into SD is there ,,, Angry bird for example

still u need to unmount & install the large programs

The same bug reported by others here ,, the screen stays black after finishing the call ,, & sometimes takes long time to switch on when a call is coming

Otherwise so perfect ,,,

Oh ,, the battery is just awesome :D

Best regards

Guest Pazuzu666

I thought the auto-installer would create the partitions? Or am I wrong?

Could be. I didn't use the autoinstaller, so I don't know how it works and what it does. Thought it just did what you otherwise had to do manually, but I think your right. Then I can't help you. Sorry

Guest Pedro Henrique

26 hours later, using only android, I still have 29% of battery after a few calls, maybe 7 or 8 (about 30 minutes of call). 15 SMS, 40 minutes using as a mp3 player, 15 minutes using wifi. Yes, the beta 2 have a few bugs, but the only bothering me is the fact that when I start a call I can´t wake the phone up. Everytime that I do a call I have to plug and unplug in the charger to make the phone wake up. Everithing else is ok. The camera I don´t know becouse I never use it.

Finally able to boot up Android normally. Wifi working as per normal. But installation is not working. Apps keep on stuck on the installing page. Anyone encounter this problem too?

Edit: My setup is on My Storage.

Edited by AnYhOw

You know, we managed to run android on omnia, when the half of the device driver were missing

It did strange things, sometime freezes....

for b7610 when you got unhealth battery message that means the battery temperature sensor is on different adc channel

(different HW) and you got the touchscreen adc value as battery temperature. Everything works but not correctly.

And it is not complicate to fix if you know the hw and know which adc channel is for battery temperature.

In this omnia kernel we managed to set all device driver set correctly according to the real hw.

If you had the hw schematics for b7610 it could be easy to change this kernel, because the difference it not to big

(I do not have)

Only some gpios are different, different wlan chip on sdio interface not spi....

Sandor, Voytekst, if I'm talking nonsense on this, then this is the last time I get back on this.

I did changes on GPIO (see code.google.com/p/omnia2droid) and if I boot the phone, it still shows "No Service".

But........... doubt if this is kernel matter. I think it has to do with the android-image build on the kernel. And I think I am right.

If I disable pin on SIM, and I boot Adroid it shows "No Service". But if I take another phone and make a call to my phone, I can hear the tone like I'm waiting to answer.

If (in WinMo!) I am in airplane mode, and I make a call to my phone, I immeatey get a spoken notification that my phone is off or has no service.

This proves to me, that the phonepart is loaded correctly to the phone but is not recognized by android.

My question:

Am I talking nonsense that, for B7610, the android FS should be rebuild on the (GPIO)patched kernel for B7610?

Maybe it could(?) solve sensors issue on B7610.

We have some (2?) missing (maybe also some mismapped like battery) gpio's but I think the main part can work

Edit: nah could be nonsense. Could only mean my sim-card is registered in the network. But that fact alone could be interesting when android is notifying "no service".

Edited by erikcas

I tried the SD card installer, after I've done everything the Readme told me to do, It didn't work,..

Starting androidInstaller from O2Beta folder worked.

But after I tried to start Haret from the root of the SD card, and I pressed Run: it sayd: cannot open script file, storagecard/default.txt or something

Any help on this?

haret should be in the root of my storage not sdcard, please see README.txt carefully

Guest Elhawwary

Thanks to Developer team,. I have installed the beta2 and I am very happy with the performance compare to the previous one. The only problem I have is about the camera. When I use the camera program that came with the beta 2 I always get "the appication camera (process com.android.camera) has stopped unexpectedly. please try again". Do I need to install other software????

Sometimes it does the same "the appication camera (process com.android.camera) has stopped unexpectedly".

It may work after rebooting android & other times it doesn't .:angry:

I also can't access the phone or SD from PC , when I connect the cable it only charges , What should I do to fix it ???? :huh:

Guest federicole

Hello, many people in Argentina do not work well in various companies, we get no signal, the rest is fine. Anyone know why? in the beta 1 worked perfect. Thank you.

Andy, did you have the problem of dont wake up after do a call?

the screen becomes black when i listen a call, the end call button can wake up but in time it end the call, so everytime i press the end call after the call is over and yesterday it worked well during 4 calls,this maybe a solution

and i think another solution, we can modify the keyboard, i.e. switch the wake up button to lock button, is it possible?

Guest marisaleh

Voyteckst please help,

Still having a problem with making a call,

Changed the sim to vodafone uk still the same

problem.

When I make call it says dialling but very quickly

it says call ended.

In settings- status the network is detected.

one thing i noticed is that the IMEI is all 0's ie 0000000000etc

is this a problem

Thanks voyteckst

Hi! Anybody having problems install apps on it? When I install apps, it got stuck on the installing screen. It is taking forever to install and it will not complete install successfully. Anyone can guide me? 

I placed the right files in the right directory, but when I try to run Harret (after the android installer), it says: Cannot open script file mystorage/default.txt what am I doing wrong?

any solutions on this or any1 else having this problem?

Edited by 0mnia2

Guest sambosat

Hi guys. I have a big big problem. I have installed Android and was super happy with it since it was more stable than before. I worked with it a bit and and found some problems and wanted to share it with you guys to see if it is normal or I need to do anything. Then I woke up in the morning and found out that the phone was oddly worm.

I thought to report it to you guys but I was busy at work and could not do it. I start working at 7 am and by 11 am the battery was still at 90% I was kinda satisfied since I also made 2 phone calls.

But at around 12pm I wanted to use the phone but the phone was off and I thought that it was frozen so I unplugged the battery and re-plugged it but the phone did not start so I thought that the battery was dead and to my surprise the battery was actually damaged and does not want to charge. Please did anyone have that problem or It was only me.

What can be wrong and how can I avoid this problem again. Also I have the following comments if you can help me with.

1- battery was damage after just 24 hours of work

2- Some apps were crashing when I start them.

3- With beta 1 angry bird was working but not with Beta 2

4- Can we use speaker phone or not with Android

Thank you guys

About SOD

So, here is the thing... I got a "sleep of death-like" bug! I was using iSilo when I've got an incoming call... well, I answered with no problem, but... when I hang up, THERE! Sleep of death!!!

Or so I though... The thing went black and I panic, trying the make it wakeup with the hangup button was no good... For a moment or so, I though I didn't hang up the phone, so, put on my ear again... when i looked at the screen, everything was back to normal again!!!

I was able to reproduce the same error again and again, and every time the screen came back after putting the phone on a "standing" position (or close to the ear) and then lay it back again... It looks like a sensor kind of problem, I though it would be usefull to report.

Once again, thanks for the devs, I still can't beleave what you did!!!

Regards

I have used the new auto installer.

Installation is perfect.

Still having the same problem with making calls.

I dial a number it goes dialling and then shortly call ended.

Any ideas voyteckst

It worked fine in Beta1

I am on O2-UK network

Got the same problem here, TIM-Brazil network... Solve it after forcing 2G connection... I'm only activating 3G for data connection, then, back to 2G...

Guest firefly2k3

Hi,

first of all thanks for your great work!

Now my problem: I tried to install beta2 with the new automatic installer, but for any reason, it couldn't find my sd card (It says "No such device or adress" and "can't mount internal flash").

Could it be that it has another adress then mmcblk1p5 ? I had beta1 installed to my storage. Before trying to install beta 2, I deleted the partitions in my storage and created ONE new partition in fat32. On my SD card is one 8 GB fat32 partition, too.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Since you installed beta1 earlier on My Storage, I guess it will not have the default partition structure. Most probably you would have wiped your My Storage and created 2 primary partitions, one fat32 and one ext3/ext4, and thus My Storage will be on mmcblk1p1

If you really want to install beta 2 with Auto Installer now, you have to get My Storage back to mmcblk1p5.

method one: Flash WinMo with an MST. This will restore the default partition structure with a 512MB hidden partition as well.

method two: Use any partition tool like MiniTool, Easus or GParted(on linux) and delete all partitions. Then create a fat32 LOGICAL partition.

Both the above methods will wipe your My Storage. So you'll lose all programs/data present on it (for WinMo ofcourse)

There is another advanced and tedious method to change init.rc inside the sd.cpio.gz file (present in the o2beta directory of the Auto Installer) to match your current partition table but I would not recommend the same unless you know what you are doing.

HTH

~Firefly

Edit: Just noticed that you already tried creating 'one new fat32 partition' for My Storage. I'm guessing this was a primary partition. Please delete the same and try creating a logical partition.

Edited by firefly2k3

Guest shoarmabakpao

@Voyteckst & Dev's

I recommend including DSPManager (open source, correct me if I'm wrong) It makes your phone sound just like on Windows with SRS WOW HD. It gives you alot options and can also make the sound (headset) sound ALOT better! More bass!!! It is really recommend. My little brother's phone (LG GT540 with cynnognmod) had it pre-installed. I did some search on it and got a site that describes how to manually do this. I know we as the community could do this on our own but I think it's more convenient if you, the Dev's implemented this on the stock releases.(Mabey in Beta3 or Final version)

see the link on how to do this since you do not need to make or code anything. Just copy & paste(with ADB) This doesn't really sound that hard to do in my opinion.

http://www.addictivetips.com/mobile/install-dsp-equalizer-on-your-rooted-android-phone-with-froyo-stock-rom/

Guest Nilsemann

Since you installed beta1 earlier on My Storage, I guess it will not have the default partition structure. Most probably you would have wiped your My Storage and created 2 primary partitions, one fat32 and one ext3/ext4, and thus My Storage will be on mmcblk1p1

If you really want to install beta 2 with Auto Installer now, you have to get My Storage back to mmcblk1p5.

method one: Flash WinMo with an MST. This will restore the default partition structure with a 512MB hidden partition as well.

method two: Use any partition tool like MiniTool, Easus or GParted(on linux) and delete all partitions. Then create a fat32 LOGICAL partition.

Both the above methods will wipe your My Storage. So you'll lose all programs/data present on it (for WinMo ofcourse)

There is another advanced and tedious method to change init.rc inside the sd.cpio.gz file (present in the o2beta directory of the Auto Installer) to match your current partition table but I would not recommend the same unless you know what you are doing.

HTH

~Firefly

Edit: Just noticed that you already tried creating 'one new fat32 partition' for My Storage. I'm guessing this was a primary partition. Please delete the same and try creating a logical partition.

Thanks, works fine after creating a logical partition!

Guest calolobo

But........... doubt if this is kernel matter. I think it has to do with the android-image build on the kernel. And I think I am right.

If I disable pin on SIM, and I boot Adroid it shows "No Service". But if I take another phone and make a call to my phone, I can hear the tone like I'm waiting to answer.

Edit: nah could be nonsense. Could only mean my sim-card is registered in the network. But that fact alone could be interesting when android is notifying "no service".

Besides that i have a i8000, is almost the same, at first wake of froyo i make quick call, don't ring but i hear sound like the phone waiting, receiving a call is the same, hear a noise in the other phone but the connection is not stablished. soon after that i loose signal.

Hello, many people in Argentina do not work well in various companies, we get no signal, the rest is fine. Anyone know why? in the beta 1 worked perfect. Thank you.

I notice that in argentina, frequencies, also are 850 mhz/1900 mhz exactly as i have, our problems could be related to this?

Voyteckst please help,

Still having a problem with making a call,

Changed the sim to vodafone uk still the same

problem.

When I make call it says dialling but very quickly

it says call ended.

Thanks voyteckst

Minutes after making a call, you lose signal completely?

I want to call it, NOD network of death mellow.gif

Edited by calolobo

Guest firefly2k3

Andy, did you have the problem of dont wake up after do a call?

As voyteckst already suggested earlier, swiping on the proximity sensor after the call should wake up the screen again.

But the above trick does not work during the call and thus I cannot refer to a file/phone book or even put the call on speakerphone during the call

~Firefly

Edited by firefly2k3

Guest marisaleh

Got the same problem here, TIM-Brazil network... Solve it after forcing 2G connection... I'm only activating 3G for data connection, then, back to 2G...

how do you force 2G connection.

in mobile network settings i ticked use only 2G networks but this

didn't make any difference.

Guest lotuxete

Too many complains and only one person working. It seems not to be fair...

We need to organize this topic because it's becoming chaotic. We could maybe set up new topics for similar problems. For instance... one topic for "Installation problems" (it's the most common problem according to what I can read), another topic for "Problems with sensors"... etc.

Trying to solve tens of problems in the same topic and the same time is quite hard, and it makes hard following the news and problems everyday, especially for the devs team (I guess...)

Regards.

Edited by lotuxete

Guest voyteckst

As voyteckst already suggested earlier, swiping on the proximity sensor after the call should wake up the screen again.

But the above trick does not work during the call and thus I cannot refer to a file/phone book or even put the call on speakerphone during the call

~Firefly

It's a bug. We have to deal with this, but it's complicated. Many files to review.