[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

Guest voyteckst

Guest calolobo

Still with NOD (network of death)

I have a logcat in attachment.

Another interesting thing. When i enter to Service Mode *#*#*197382640#*#, there is an option to look gsm neigbours. this recognize 6 cell with pairs of data (ex. 130,-76; 647,-81 etc. that i don't understad), for 10 seconds then all disappear, and appears again.

Also in basic information, gsm appear as IDLE , then changes to pcs1900 as IDLE again.

then aparently the phone recognize mobile frequencies but is not allowed to connect.

Is this of any help?

sad.gif

logcat20_09_11_a.txt

Guest toumpanos

I've been testin the froyo beta 2 for 2 days and all i can say is a Big Well Done for the devs' efforts!

I've found the following bugs : 1) Camera no auto focus fully working

2)Cannot play in full graphic mode, I hope not due to omnia II memory. For example angry birds have white parts in their screen

3)No live wallpapers support, i assume due to the above

4) Last and most important, when i call someone or the opposite, the screen turns black and i think it freezes!

Hope to help

Thank you devs for giving this to everyone! I hope that in a month or so froyo will be fully functional and why not , with a nand rom!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!

Just in case that windows rom causes missfunction, I will try dualboot to see if anything fixes but i don't think so because i think dualboot uses windows to run haret so the phone parts from the win rom are fully loaded from beginning

CONGRATULATIONS!

Guest carenata750s

Andy, did you have the problem of dont wake up after do a call?

I am having this problem too. I have been running this release since it came out and everytime I make or receive a call the screen will not turn on again directly after the call is finished.

I have had it come back on eventually but it can take anywhere from a couple of minutes to an hour. I have tried the suggested swipe which has worked occassionaly. I have also tried plugging it into a computer or charger to wake it but neither worked this morning. I just had to be patient and wait til it was ready to wake.

Also as for the call volume adjustment, I have tried this several times this morning and with the phone to my ear, screen off, the volume buttons do not change the volume but with the phone away from ear and the screen on they work as they should.

SetCPU is working for me however Root Explorer just opens to a blank page with the title bar only and I have to force close it.

Camera operation is as others have listed. Hardware button doesn't start camera, camera shortcut does, then have to tap screen icon to take pic. Pic saves and reviews fine.

Apart from the above observations I have had no other problems and I am still very happy to use this release daily.

Thanks to all the developers for their excellent work.

Mick

(my install was manual to my sdcard)

Sorry voyteckst I didn't read your comment about the call issue needing to be looked into til after I wrote this. Also I just tried the idea of standing the phone up at the end of a call but that didn't work for me. Just took 5 mins for the phone to wake back up on its back.

Edited by carenata750s

Guest toumpanos

ALSO........ Sorry for the Capitals!

Mr Voyteckst, in your opinion which NAND, PHONE, EBOOT should we use for windows so there is no conflict with the android?

Again Bravo!!!

how do you force 2G connection.

in mobile network settings i ticked use only 2G networks but this

didn't make any difference.

Just ticking it, actually... it's working here...

WHEN you tick it, it keeps of 3g until your connection go silent, at least seems to be that way... when the data flow stops, 2G kicks in...

Got to say...

I'm using it for about two days now, and besides that "black screen after calls" bug, nothing actually wrong here... And, everytime I put it on my ear and back again, it comes alive, so, I can use it without problem... Using 2g for calls makes the battery go on for more than a day and prevents that annoying issue of trying to make a call and the phone "giving up" of the attempt before actually making the call, so, I'm better off that way...

The issue concerning AngryBirds and stuff, when you turn off the landscape, the birds become visible again... maybe it's a memory issue? Can it be altered? And i'm having a hard time discovering why the heck the swype installer thinks my phone is an android emulator... But, anyways, those things are minor issues...

Today I made a heavy usage test on the battery, I went driving around with Goggle Navigator on! GPS looks is impressive, reeeeeally impressive... And I was able to use it for about 4h from 96% battery trough 5% battery... amazing! Only thing is that charging while using the Navigator was pretty slow, almost as if wasn't charging...

Well... to sum it up, it's a great beta, and I'm using on a daily basis... Thanks for the great work, devs!

Regards

voyteckst, I think you guys in dev should look at the phone

function again, at least in Beta1 the phone function was

perfect after installing call light.

to be honest this release is no good if the phone isn't

100% reliable. you can't take it with you anywhere like this.

How rude you are!

Before dev team released many people keep asking when will it be released, after they released and u are the one who started complaining!

Remember! Treasure whatever you've, dev team are do it for FREE!!!!

If you are so capable, quit using this beta2 or get a native phone yourself!

After using for 3 days, here are the major problem I'm facing.

Battery usage. Approximately still 8-10% lost per hour in 2G standby mode. Had already disabled backend syncing, 3G data network, location/GPS. Also using JJ1 phone part firmware. Just ain't sure where's the leaking comes from.

Over the night try to charge the phone, however upon full charging the battery start leaking again.

The battery fully charged at 1am, wake up at 6:45am, battery left 89%.

Had swapped with another battery still the same.

Under ADB, top didn't see any abnormality.

Is setcpu or cpu tuner still needed?

Looks like during standby mode the phone still running in 800MHZ full speed.

No doubts it's a great work done by dev team with the new beta2, the entire OS response smoothly...

If any expert have any advice do tell me, thanks.

Hi guys. I have a big big problem. I have installed Android and was super happy with it since it was more stable than before. I worked with it a bit and and found some problems and wanted to share it with you guys to see if it is normal or I need to do anything. Then I woke up in the morning and found out that the phone was oddly worm.

I thought to report it to you guys but I was busy at work and could not do it. I start working at 7 am and by 11 am the battery was still at 90% I was kinda satisfied since I also made 2 phone calls.

But at around 12pm I wanted to use the phone but the phone was off and I thought that it was frozen so I unplugged the battery and re-plugged it but the phone did not start so I thought that the battery was dead and to my surprise the battery was actually damaged and does not want to charge. Please did anyone have that problem or It was only me.

What can be wrong and how can I avoid this problem again. Also I have the following comments if you can help me with.

1- battery was damage after just 24 hours of work

2- Some apps were crashing when I start them.

3- With beta 1 angry bird was working but not with Beta 2

4- Can we use speaker phone or not with Android

Thank you guys

You're not alone, me too. battery problem

Hi to all the Team,

thanks for this release! I had been using Android daily since Froyo beta 1, this new release is awesome and better!!!

Every new detail is amazing and all features working as described,

Autoinstall, Date time, battery, wifi, accounts, no SOD ,GPS, sensors, calls, all of this are working as described,

just one issue, the signal of my phone is very bad, in winmo and with beta 1 I always have good reception, now one minute I have 4 bars and the next one 0. I read all the thread and others have similar problems.

Is there some change between beta 1 and beta 2 that maybe causing this problem?

Is there something we can change or do (configuration maybe)? or we need to wait for an official update from the devs? (if there is something you can help us)

Thanks and keep up the good work!

Edited by eknohr

Guest voyteckst

OK,Thanks ,I try it,I ever com it with gcc version 4.4.3 (ctng-1.6.1)

First of all, don't write in red. It's annoying. Second, just search on the web how to cross compile kernel (it was also posted on modaco).

Edited by voyteckst

Guest firefly2k3

Can someone confirm video files support?

I can play video but without any sound... no option to increase/decrease volume in the player and the vol up/down hardware buttons just change the Ringer volume.

Everything works fine for Music player and the hardware buttons bring up the Media volume.

~Firefly

I have connected to my work wifi network with static ip, but i cant connect to the internet any solution?

Did u key in the correct gateway and dns?

I've no problem by putting all correct info and it's connected into internet.

voyteckst, you found the problem of not being root?

Root ckecker ran the program as I suggested? He returns the phone message that is not root and thus we can not run programs that require root privileges :blink:

LOL Why you keep insisting beta2 is not rooted?

if you can navigate to the /root folder, there's no problem at all.

I've no problem to run setcpu at all!

Did u key in the correct gateway and dns?

I've no problem by putting all correct info and it's connected into internet.

I dont know how i did it, but now works fine, it seems to me that wifi disconnected somehow. Strange but now works...