[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

Guest voyteckst

Guest marzell88

the backbutton is "W" on your slide-out keypad.

i also use a b7610 but i have a weird problem. i used the autoinstaller with beta2 and all i had to do was put the files on my sd card an de ext4.tar.gz from the manual install zip on "my storage" and the installer did the rest. started right up.

except for one thing, it doesnt seem to detect my simcard, it doesnt prompt for pincode and i cant find anything in the menu's. all it says is "no service". have already wiped my phone and sd card over again and reinstalled android but the same problem appears.

is there maybe a different zimage for the b7610 or is this some other problem? please help, cant find out whats wrong :(

android itself runs super smooth, the first android attempts just kept crashing but this one doesnt^^ so all fine apart from the simcard problem :P

the backbutton is "W" on your slide-out keypad.

i also use a b7610 but i have a weird problem. i used the autoinstaller with beta2 and all i had to do was put the files on my sd card an de ext4.tar.gz from the manual install zip on "my storage" and the installer did the rest. started right up.

except for one thing, it doesnt seem to detect my simcard, it doesnt prompt for pincode and i cant find anything in the menu's. all it says is "no service". have already wiped my phone and sd card over again and reinstalled android but the same problem appears.

is there maybe a different zimage for the b7610 or is this some other problem? please help, cant find out whats wrong :(

android itself runs super smooth, the first android attempts just kept crashing but this one doesnt^^ so all fine apart from the simcard problem :P

doesn't work on B7610 yet. See thread in B7610 forums

Guest NehomarC

Greetings and thanks to the developers for their hard work :D, I have installed on my internal memory (which 8 gb partition from gparted ubuntu with my record being as follows:

/ dev/sdb1 fat32 6.5-Gb and / dev/sdb2 of 1.5 Gb ext4 I installed and I modified the siqguente starup with:

September CMDLINE "rootdelay = 2 root = / dev/mmcblk1p2 init = / init"

all perfect, but the android does not recognize me in memory (the partition in fat32 with 6.5 Gb) any idea that I modify line of int.rc??

sorry for my bad English, google translator does his best ;)

In spanish:

Saludos y gracias a los desarrolladores por el arduo trabajo, lo he instalado en mi memoria interna de ( 8 gb la cual he particionado desde ubuntu con el gparted quedando mi disco asi:

/dev/sdb1 de 6.5 Gb con fat32 y /dev/sdb2 de 1.5 Gb con ext4. lo he instalado maualmente y he modificado el starup con lo siguente:

Set CMDLINE "rootdelay=2 root=/dev/mmcblk1p2 init=/init"

todo PERFECTO pero, el android no me reconoce la memoria interna (la particion en fat32 con 6.5 Gb) alguna idea de que linea del int.rc debo modificar???

disculpen por mi mal ingles, google traductor hace lo que puede ;-)

Guest ExtremeGTX

first BIG THANKS FOR THE DEVS

This beta is much better

But i have some problems

1.ANDROID Boot Process is not stable (sometimes can't boot <stuck at Android logo>)

2.I can't install any app neither from SD Card nor from Android Market

when installing App from Market or SD

-> Download Successfully

-> stuck at installing step

wait for a few seconds then android will do something like short restart

(you will see Android Boot Screen then wait until you get lock screen and continue to use system as normal)

please post if there is available solution

ANDROID installed on KIngstone 2GB Class 4 SD Card

Edited by ExtremeGTX

The version of SetCPU is exactly the same as yours.

Tell me one thing: when you installed your Froyo made ​​by Linux right? The extraction of the files you did manually - via text command - or the visual program, that package manager for Linux?

Hi,

I done it manually via CentOs live CD.

Hi guys!

I'm having a new old problem... I'll explain:

I've used android as my default OS for a week, no problem at all, no bugs i couldn't handle, everything was amazing...

Buuuuuuutttt, this saturday I simply stopped making and receving calls! Don't know why... I try to make a call, it disconects before connecting to the network... and if someone tryies to call me, they get as if my phone was turned off...

Before you guys start kicking my ass because this issue have already been discussed over and over, well, what is driving me nutttys is that, everything was pretty normal until saturday! I didn't installed anything new, I didn't changed any configuration... it simply stopped!!!

I've already formatted the partition and expanded it to 3Gb, and still no good...

Anyone with the same problem? Care to help?

Thanks!

P.S.: Just discovered that ANY app I try to install on Market says that my phone has no Memory for that... but on Configurations, it says that I have more than 2Gb on internal memory and 800mb on SD...

P.S. Again: This time, when I untared ext4.tar, I used su permissions... should I not use them?

Edited by pessoa

Guest thanh_nha0706

Thank you Devs for this version. As a phone, I stopped having the problems that I used to have with Beta1. But the WIFI was better with beta 1. Now when I connect at home it connects fine, but when I go to my parents house, It says it is connected but cant use the net. Also when the phone goes to sleep, the wifi also stops working and I try to turn it off and then turn it back on, but it stays stuck on turning wifi off and I cant solve that problem unless I restart.

The other issue is that, games like angry bird used to work fine with Beta 1 but not Beta 2

Anyone can help from the gurus here. I do not care about games that much but WIfi is a problem for me

--> It also happens to me (The big bold line). I guess it's about DNS problem. My laptop also had to change DNS to none or default when I used the internet at school and it was fine. Now it happens similarly to my phone. It connected but could not use wifi..... :(

Greetings and thanks to the developers for their hard work :D, I have installed on my internal memory (which 8 gb partition from gparted ubuntu with my record being as follows:

/ dev/sdb1 fat32 6.5-Gb and / dev/sdb2 of 1.5 Gb ext4 I installed and I modified the siqguente starup with:

September CMDLINE "rootdelay = 2 root = / dev/mmcblk1p2 init = / init"

all perfect, but the android does not recognize me in memory (the partition in fat32 with 6.5 Gb) any idea that I modify line of int.rc??

sorry for my bad English, google translator does his best ;)

In spanish:

Saludos y gracias a los desarrolladores por el arduo trabajo, lo he instalado en mi memoria interna de ( 8 gb la cual he particionado desde ubuntu con el gparted quedando mi disco asi:

/dev/sdb1 de 6.5 Gb con fat32 y /dev/sdb2 de 1.5 Gb con ext4. lo he instalado maualmente y he modificado el starup con lo siguente:

Set CMDLINE "rootdelay=2 root=/dev/mmcblk1p2 init=/init"

todo PERFECTO pero, el android no me reconoce la memoria interna (la particion en fat32 con 6.5 Gb) alguna idea de que linea del int.rc debo modificar???

disculpen por mi mal ingles, google traductor hace lo que puede ;-)

CMDLINE "rootdelay = 2 root = / dev/mmcblk0p2 init = / init"

---> This must be right because 0 means internal memory or my storage | 1 means SD card :)

Edited by thanh_nha0706

Guest sambosat

--> It also happens to me (The big bold line). I guess it's about DNS problem. My laptop also had to change DNS to none or default when I used the internet at school and it was fine. Now it happens similarly to my phone. It connected but could not use wifi..... :(

CMDLINE "rootdelay = 2 root = / dev/mmcblk0p2 init = / init"

---> This must be right because 0 means internal memory or my storage | 1 means SD card :)

following line

try opening init.rc. Look for the following line mount vfat /dev/block/mmcblk1p5 /storage.

You need to change it to mount vfat /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 /storage (please experts correct me if I'm wrong)

Guest thanh_nha0706

first BIG THANKS FOR THE DEVS

This beta is much better

But i have some problems

1.ANDROID Boot Process is not stable (sometimes can't boot <stuck at Android logo>)

--> I've never have had this problem before. Have you installed Android properly?

2.I can't install any app neither from SD Card nor from Android Market

when installing App from Market or SD

-> Download Successfully

-> stuck at installing step

wait for a few seconds then android will do something like short restart

(you will see Android Boot Screen then wait until you get lock screen and continue to use system as normal)

--> I think you should re-install Android on your phone because the strange thing is I've also never met this error since beta 2.

please post if there is available solution

ANDROID installed on KIngstone 2GB Class 4 SD Card --> Dev team advises we should use SD card class 6 at least.

Hope it'll help you somehow :)

Guest musicman1982

+1! Stuck at android logo. Installed serveral times, class 10 kingston sd, installed with manually and autoinstall too. Stuck at logo. If one time stuck at logo, android never start again. Have to reinstall.

Hi everyone,

"small" issue found: I was using GPS and google maps as navigator; after around 4 minutes, the phone has been restarted automatically without any iteraction with my fingers.

Have you ever found this problem?

Hello,

does anybody know which flashlight app works with "pink froyo"? All I have tested do not work with the camera´s flash.

Best regards,

Santho

I have the same... "problem"... Couldn't find a working flash-light application... Flash is not turning on.

Guest bamodile

Good evening all the world

Craftiness:

to use the usb with froyo on Windows 7 without breaking itself the head?

And download on the SD without ironing it winmobile or to remove the sd?

If you know a friend,,a menbrer of your family etc. which has a phone under android (in my case a galaxy ace which I have just bought for my wife), it is enough to connect this such (under android) who(which) is going to take care by the intermediate of Windows to take drivers ..... which are well.

Once the ended operation you can connect the omnia 2 with android and to see your sd it is naturally that the debogage usb owes etre activated

im' french , my english is not very good

Cordially

Guest avantgarde280

Anyone that have network problem..this is related to unregistered imei number on your phone.check your imei and for sure it is 000000000000000.

Sent from my GT-I8000 using Tapatalk Pro

Guest Sim Kai Long

Anyone that have network problem..this is related to unregistered imei number on your phone.check your imei and for sure it is 000000000000000.

Sent from my GT-I8000 using Tapatalk Pro

Do you mean that people who have network problem WILL have 00000000000000 for their IMEI?

I've got a bunch of zeros too BUT everything works just fine.

Guest avantgarde280

No..all of us got that generic imei..but not all network provider could accept it..same thing if you try using viber..it will keep your account deactiveted. Try it..viber is available on market..

Sent from my GT-I8000 using Tapatalk

Guest voyteckst

No..all of us got that generic imei..but not all network provider could accept it..same thing if you try using viber..it will keep your account deactiveted. Try it..viber is available on market..

Sent from my GT-I8000 using Tapatalk

Are You sure that such IMEI is blocked by operator?

Operador YOIGO España 2G y 3G van muy bien.

Vodafone España prepago no funciona ni con 3G ni con 2G.

Movistar España no empresa va bien con 3G y 2G.

Movistar Empresa no va 3G y 2G.

Pruebo con un Nokia 3600 cambiando IMEI a 000000000000000 y no coge señal con los mismos operadores que con beta2 y si con los que va bien en la beta2. Con lo cual creo que algunos operadores y en algunas modalidades de contrato tienen bloqueado el IMEI 0000000000000.

Aparte que el VIBER tampoco se activa con ese IMEI.

Siento no poder escribir en Ingles

Operador YOIGO España 2G y 3G van muy bien.

Vodafone España prepago no funciona ni con 3G ni con 2G.

Movistar España no empresa va bien con 3G y 2G.

Movistar Empresa no va 3G y 2G.

Pruebo con un Nokia 3600 cambiando IMEI a 000000000000000 y no coge señal con los mismos operadores que con beta2 y si con los que va bien en la beta2. Con lo cual creo que algunos operadores y en algunas modalidades de contrato tienen bloqueado el IMEI 0000000000000.

Aparte que el VIBER tampoco se activa con ese IMEI.

Siento no poder escribir en Ingles

You can allways try to use google translate:

Operator YOIGO Spain 2G and 3G are going very well.

Prepaid Vodafone Spain does not operate on 2G or 3G.

Movistar Spain goes well with company no 3G and 2G.

Company Movistar 3G and 2G will not.

Try a Nokia 3600 IMEI to 000000000000000 changing and not take the same signal operators with beta2 and if that goes well with the beta2. With which I think some operators and some types of contract have blocked the IMEI 0000000000000.

Besides the Viber also does not trigger the IMEI.

Sorry I can not write English

It is a bit of broken Spenglish but I can make sense of it a bit :)

Guest pepelito

Hello all.

in my last post, I ask help for a iptables module compilation, please forget it because I've found that it's already in our phones. Anyway Droidwall doesn't work with this module, and insmod doesn't seem to work, ¿Can you help on howto load this module to work with droidwall?

Help is very much appreciated.

Guest ErcanPolat

I have IMEI number with zeros. In Turkey IMEI's are checked by provider. Mine is Vodafone TR. Currently I cant call and SMS

Edited by ErcanPolat

Guest antonio junior

Good evening all the world

Craftiness:

to use the usb with froyo on Windows 7 without breaking itself the head?

And download on the SD without ironing it winmobile or to remove the sd?

If you know a friend,,a menbrer of your family etc. which has a phone under android (in my case a galaxy ace which I have just bought for my wife), it is enough to connect this such (under android) who(which) is going to take care by the intermediate of Windows to take drivers ..... which are well.

Once the ended operation you can connect the omnia 2 with android and to see your sd it is naturally that the debogage usb owes etre activated

im' french , my english is not very good

Cordially

to me it did not work, I connected a galaxy 5 on my pc windows 7 and then connected the omnia nothing happened. However, I noticed that when I'm using Ubuntu it works perfectly, comes with debugging in the icon bar, and shows that also is connected by usbwith the option to activate the mass storage. w7 now in nothing happens.

Edited by antonio junior