[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

Guest voyteckst

Ahh ok, will change the size of the swapper ...

For the update, we have to change the installation to the SDCard? Mine MyStorage it's all changed...it has only SD1, and SD2. I'v deleted partitions, and create from "zero" ...

Will there be problems if I just update by untaring the files to the correct place? or will it be an all new beta?

Hi Pucinhooo, could you please share with me the line in vold/ init.rc, so I can mount storage as primary SD and real SD as secondary?

coz I'm having all my music in storage and badly, Android can only find files from SD

Edited by Job21

Guest voyteckst

Hi Pucinhooo, could you please share with me the line in vold/ init.rc, so I can mount storage as primary SD and real SD as secondary?

coz I'm having all my music in storage and badly, Android can only find files from SD

Here You have.

Any idea why phone not working and imei is 000000000000000 in this froyo 2.2 from http://o2droid.phj.hu/index_en.php (beta2)

this is quick stable but PHONE not works! rest is OK

and beta 1 from http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1040025 Android Froyo (2.2) Beta Releases on Omnia 2 from Almar and his team working

but freezing and have some issue but PHONE works OK

can any one mix this 2 together or can anyone tell me which part of date is for phone?

I would like replacing Almar phone into beta2 froyo2.2 HUngary

THX

Edited by urgi

I must say that I can't decide whether to get a new phone with android or keep my O2 with this update... it's definitely a great development!!

Thanks to the developers!! and everyone here making it possible!!

Now, my question is, can we change the IMEI number?? It's set as 000000000000000, and I can't install swype because it detects that the device is an android emulator

Thanks again!!

No it cannot be changed. It's something to be implemented.

any update??? I would like use phone THX a lot for your job DEVs

Edited by urgi

Guest AoSra1n

any update??? I would like use phone THX a lot for your job DEVs

Voyteckst said this not 10 posts back:

Last but not least: beta3 is comming (first as an update for sdcard install users). It will have:

- working BT

- no more black screen during call

- wifi sleep fix

- IMEI fix (another way of loading phone image, like in beta1)

- mic fix

- no more white squares in apps (increased memory allocation for 3d)

- 128MB swap partition

- battery percentage like in WM (altough it wasn't buggy!)

Last but not least: beta3 is comming (first as an update for sdcard install users). It will have:

- working BT

- wifi sleep fix

- mic fix

- 128MB swap partition

what about replacement efs/ folder from working froyo?

i tryied but not works , I replaced efs/ folder in tar.gz but still imei 000000000000000

damn it!!!

Edited by urgi

Guest nikkotsoi

try mort music player

https://market.android.com/details?id=de.stohelit.folderplayer&feature=search_result

it can read music in my storage :lol:

- working BT

- wifi sleep fix

- mic fix

- 128MB swap partition

What does the new swap partition mean in terms of performance?

- working BT

- wifi sleep fix

- mic fix

- 128MB swap partition

nice sure?

What does the new swap partition mean in terms of performance?

it means to take part of your storage as virtual memory (like PC) so to speed up app running at background

Guest voyteckst

voyteckst, how can I contact marc to ask him how those bootlogo chars are encoded? O.o

You can't. Search google for that. Besides, bootlogo is done already ;-)

Guest longsin

So CyanogenMod is a free, community built distribution of Android 2.3.x (Gingerbread) ... but no support for Sammy O2 that I can see, so why post the link? Yes, a good question Job21.

Are you suggesting that this project should integrate into it Longsin?

As for you comments Job21, yes, I'm sure you are right, but I was hoping that posting a little summary of some of the issues so far, together with the status that the devs have posted on some of these issues (on this thread), would stop too much repetitive posting, but I guess it's hoping for too much ;)

I did also provide a little feedback on a couple of workarounds, which some people may find useful (or not) :)

sorry i do not know CyanogenMod do not fit Sammy O2, I think that us maybe obtain anything from there! a little of inspiring.i had tried manumanfred's JetDroid ROMS , it is stabler than our b1, but it has not have wireless. Edited by longsin

Guest shockwavenl

i managed to install android on the mystorage:) so im happy,

but im running on these things:

Camera says there is no SDcard (but there is one in..) is there someway to set different DCIM location or something?

sometimes my screen does not go on if i click on the "on" button? (and thats really annoying)

When there is call incoming the screen stays black for few secs ? that was a common problem right? already any solutions?biggrin.gif

oh and still wifi is somewhat "broken" that u have to put always a static ip and subnet etc,

and i cant connect to a network that requires username + passwordmellow.gif

Guest longsin

So CyanogenMod is a free, community built distribution of Android 2.3.x (Gingerbread) ... but no support for Sammy O2 that I can see, so why post the link? Yes, a good question Job21.

Are you suggesting that this project should integrate into it Longsin?

As for you comments Job21, yes, I'm sure you are right, but I was hoping that posting a little summary of some of the issues so far, together with the status that the devs have posted on some of these issues (on this thread), would stop too much repetitive posting, but I guess it's hoping for too much ;)

I did also provide a little feedback on a couple of workarounds, which some people may find useful (or not) :)

sorry i dont know CyanogenMod dont fit Sammy O2, i think we can obtain something from there.

oh and still wifi is somewhat "broken" that u have to put always a static ip and subnet etc,

and i cant connect to a network that requires username + passwordmellow.gif

Read at least a few earlier pages before you post maybe? ;)

Regardless, here is the fix for DNS with DHCP. (Don't know about username/password network, but I presume you have to get DNS with DHCP working properly first then see):

The DNS servers are not being set from the DHCP response for WiFi. I think I've figured out a fix (or maybe it's a workaround) that works for all networks.

In a terminal window (App screen/drawer, Dev Tools, Terminal Emulator) type the following:

su

echo interface wlan0 >> /system/etc/dhcpcd/dhcpcd.conf

echo option subnet_mask, routers, domain_name_servers >> /system/etc/dhcpcd/dhcpcd.conf

Now turn off static IP and connect.

Alternatively, if you know how to use the vi editor you can use that on /system/etc/dhcpcd/dhcpcd.conf and just change eth0 to wlan0

Edited by F53