[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

Guest voyteckst

Guys the voyteckst said that its difficult to build nandrom

agree. if it has to be nandrom, probably the whole coding has to be re-written (almost the duty of sammy's programmer)

which won't worth dev team's work at all (they're not getting paid,right)

better focus on what we have and achievable, then improve upon

Edited by Job21

i hope nandrom,too

People are obsesed with the nand rom, but I think is it better to stay this way until the development achieves a good level of reliability. If we get a nandrom beta today and the phones freezes, we couldn't go back to winmo at least to make this important call or read this urgent email. Right now we have at least the possibility to choose which SO do we want to use. If I'm expecting an important call or I need my battery to last 2 or 3 days for some reasons, I can stay in Wimo. If I just want to play or to "whastapp", I load android.

The most important thing right now is to fix all the bugs before trying to go further, or we will get more bugs and an unusable nand beta rom...

Thanks the Developers not only for this work, but also for the patience with the comments

Guest voyteckst

agree. if it has to be nandrom, probably the whole coding has to be re-written (almost the duty of sammy's programmer)

which won't worth dev team's work at all (they're not getting paid,right)

better focus on what we have and achievable, then improve upon

We have knowledge how to do that, but it's last on the list.

in the terminal emulator.. but i already changed the file using ubuntu:)

but it stil does not work XD

it keeps connecting and disconnecting and when it is connected is disconnects immidately and goes through that cycle again..

[snip]

Heh, yes, I realised later when I did a fresh install and found that I could not type numbers (0..9) into the Terminal Emulator, using the soft keyboard, either.

I went into Market and searched for "Terminal Emulator" and installed that and that fixed it. Also it is a much better version of the terminal Emulator because it uses the left volume up/down buttons + letters/digits to enable you to enter escape and control sequences, etc. (press the menu key and select "Special Keys" to see list).

If your WiFi connection is connecting and disconnecting it is probably that you have the wrong security type or key. Check it and re-type it. It might also be that you need to set the "Regulatory Domain" to match your WiFi access point (Wi-Fi Settings, Menu Button, Advanced, Regulatory Domain. Europe and most of the world is 13 channels, North America is 11 and Japan is 14, iirc).

People are obsesed with the nand rom, but I think is it better to stay this way until the development achieves a good level of reliability. If we get a nandrom beta today and the phones freezes, we couldn't go back to winmo at least to make this important call or read this urgent email. Right now we have at least the possibility to choose which SO do we want to use. If I'm expecting an important call or I need my battery to last 2 or 3 days for some reasons, I can stay in Wimo. If I just want to play or to "whastapp", I load android.

The most important thing right now is to fix all the bugs before trying to go further, or we will get more bugs and an unusable nand beta rom...

Thanks the Developers not only for this work, but also for the patience with the comments

Completely agree.

WinMo gets slagged off a lot but it is hard to beat once you have it all setup with all the apps you use, assuming you use it in anger and not just for "fluff" :P Ok, it's not cool to use it and it's not very finger-friendly, but it does what it does pretty well.

Android is nice and has a future, but some of us need to see it as stable and as fast as WinMo before dumping M$ forever :)

I hope we don't see a NAND ROM until then and if it takes a long time, then so be it. At least we have some hope now :D

Plus, there are still some applications (like ebook dictionaries with decent lookup, TomTom Nav, Stock (share) tracking and a decent genealogy app, for example) that I have still to find a/as good Android replacement for.

And what about stuff like video calling and VoIP on Android? I'm an Android newb, so I dunno whether this sort of stuff will work. Maybe it does, so it won't be a problem?

i'd like to ask about the screen after i proceeded in a succesfull auto installation to my storage card . I have my android installed ( great ! ) but here's the problem : the screen turns to black after a while and i cant get my android back ! It seems like locked and i'm forced to get the battery out and boot it ALL OVER AGAIN ! Can anybody halp me please ? Thanks !

Guest vakaloka

voyteckst, have you noticed that if you go to settings>wireless controls>wifi settings>press cube button>advanced>policy of suspension of wifi there are a couple of options o disable wifi when screen is off? and as default it's enabled? however I don't think this has anything to do with the wifi problem, as I have disabled it and I still have problems.

PD: I have fount out that those char data seem to be RGBA, I've coded a program that shows the image but colors don't match, although you can see contrast between colors. I will go on trying to "decode" that lol

Guest synescu

i'd like to ask about the screen after i proceeded in a succesfull auto installation to my storage card . I have my android installed ( great ! ) but here's the problem : the screen turns to black after a while and i cant get my android back ! It seems like locked and i'm forced to get the battery out and boot it ALL OVER AGAIN ! Can anybody halp me please ? Thanks !

sure you use the latest beta 2?

Guest Boddish

I have imstalled using automatic installation and is working great...laugh.gif just a bit laggy, maybe because it is installed on SD...dry.gif

I also having the problem of phone/SMS not working (i am from Brazil).

Next version i'm going to install on my storage and hope phone is working...

Great job, Devs wink.gif

Guest rom_omnia2

I think a number of us is experiencing that (even though some said task killer is not necessary for android), thus dev team is going to include swapper (i.e. make use of storage as virtual memory) in the B3

Wow, great news. Lets see if its possible...

Guest moiassar78

wild guess - maybe you can try to extract that to your local version, via. ubuntu

actually I merge it once to ext4.tar but still no Arabic menu although I can read write in Arabic, but the web browser read it inverted

I don't understand how to merge them to my local version by Ubuntu if it possible to explain for me please

thanks again job21 and thanks for your patient Voytecks and all developers team

Edited by moiassar78

actually I merge it once to ext4.tar but still no Arabic menu although I can read write in Arabic, but the web browser read it inverted

I don't understand how to merge them to my local version by Ubuntu if it possible to explain for me please

thanks again job21 and thanks for your patient Voytecks and all developers team

(I'll first assume you know the path where language pack should be installed)

then like installing the B2 by manual

1) copy the language pack to ubuntu desktop

2) open terminal in ubuntu

3) cd \Desktop (case senstive)

4) sudo tar zxvf xxx (lang. pack) -C /media/yyy (your ext4 volume label)/...... (the path)

[you'll be ask for pwd to perform the task as superuser, that's y u have "sudo" -super user do]

try if it works]

Edited by Job21

You have to ask three times in the last two dozen posts?

The reason you're not getting any answers is probably because not enough people have read your post yet, or perhaps because no one can suggest any cause and/or fix. The latter is quite likely as I have not seen anyone else post about this in this thread.

Maybe you can help yourself a bit and get some more information.

If you have a Windows machine, install Java JDK (Java Development Kit) http://www.oracle.co...oads/index.html and then the Android Development SDK http://developer.and.../sdk/index.html

Once you have done that you can connect your device to the PC via USB, open a command window, navigate to the ...\android\android-sdk\platform-tools folder, and run adb logcat in the command window, then try and reproduce the problem and post the log message output?

Alternatively, you could try a fresh download and a re-install. According to the readme.txt you should just be able to re-run it (the android auto installer).

Edited by F53

I have the following problem. When I run Haret Linux starts to boot then hangs after the following line:

[5.394001] r5:00000000 r4:00000000

The line before it says something like this (part of the code):

kernel_init+0x0/0x110) from [<c00523a8>] (do_exit+0x0/0x634)

I have left the phone for an hour and nothing happens.

There's no difference whether I put the auto install files on an SD card or on the phone itself, I get the same error. The only way to get it to unstuck is by taking the battery out.

Does anyone know how I can solve this problem?

Edited by Nablet

Guest lalinde89

thats nice!!it will increase performance!

now im trying to look exactly when and why that lagg happens, i use Taskiller with the widget that show the apps that are open only to see how it perfoms, the apps and the ram

im starting to notice that if i dont kill them to free ram..when the lagg appears it starts to work again in a little amount of time

I think a number of us is experiencing that (even though some said task killer is not necessary for android), thus dev team is going to include swapper (i.e. make use of storage as virtual memory) in the B3

Guest moiassar78

(I'll first assume you know the path where language pack should be installed)

then like installing the B2 by manual

1) copy the language pack to ubuntu desktop

2) open terminal in ubuntu

3) cd \Desktop (case senstive)

4) sudo tar zxvf xxx (lang. pack) -C /media/yyy (your ext4 volume label)/...... (the path)

[you'll be ask for pwd to perform the task as superuser, that's y u have "sudo" -super user do]

try if it works]

thanks job21 for ur replay, but actually my problem is I don't know the path where should be extracted.

is it in system /app?

thats nice!!it will increase performance!

now im trying to look exactly when and why that lagg happens, i use Taskiller with the widget that show the apps that are open only to see how it perfoms, the apps and the ram

im starting to notice that if i dont kill them to free ram..when the lagg appears it starts to work again in a little amount of time

I tried turning off some animation (including ADW) and seems helps a little, esp. when u scrolling through pages/ top tray

thanks job21 for ur replay, but actually my problem is I don't know the path where should be extracted.

is it in system /app?

maybe u can google it first (in fact, I've never touched the language related issue, so also no idea where it should be extracted)

a quick browse: folder "res" is related?

Edited by Job21

I have the following problem. When I run Haret Linux starts to boot then hangs after the following line:

[5.394001] r5:00000000 r4:00000000

The line before it says something like this (part of the code):

kernel_init+0x0/0x110) from [<c00523a8>] (do_exit+0x0/0x634)

I have left the phone for an hour and nothing happens.

There's no difference whether I put the auto install files on an SD card or on the phone itself, I get the same error. The only way to get it to unstuck is by taking the battery out.

Does anyone know how I can solve this problem?

my experience, it could be problem shown few lines behind

you may want to take a pic of the whole screen so other can identify more easily

wild guess again: wrong root path?

Edited by Job21

Guest erikcas

Think your SD card might be corrupt. Did you already try another one?