[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

Guest voyteckst

Guest unh1nged

Please tell me where is it, I am interested

Page 81, post #1613.

If anything is unclear let me know, I was in a hurry when I typed it.

Edited by unh1nged

Guest longsin

It's for manual install only...

how add correct entry fstab? I manual install B3 to SD in ubuntu, and create swap 123mb.I can not copy fstab to ect. who can help me?thank!

Edited by longsin

Guest katokato

After few usage, now the camera won't stard also after reboot. black screen and then processocom.android.camera interruption. I've installed only angry bird after installation.

anyone can help ?

thanks

kk

Guest marisaleh

Page 81, post #1613.

Sorry mate I looked at it but it is low level and uses linux,

All I have is windows xp,

Can I do all this from windows environment

What tools do I need.

I will be gratefull if you can send me full instructions

on how to do it in windows.

I immagine On My Storage it will be

- faster

- Battery usage will be lower

Because there will be no I/O to external device (SD Card)

Edited by marisaleh

Page 81, post #1613.

May you tell us, what size and type of the partition that you created on "my storage"?

thx..

Guest unh1nged

Sorry mate I looked at it but it is low level and uses linux,

All I have is windows xp,

Can I do all this from windows environment

What tools do I need.

I will be gratefull if you can send me full instructions

on how to do it in windows.

I immagine On My Storage it will be

- faster

- Battery usage will be lower

You can try using Partition Wizard Minitool to do the partitioning, but you would have to find a way to view linux filesystem from XP, then just copy and paste all the files/folders from the SD card fat32 and ext4 partitions to the Internal Memory fat32 and ext4 partitions. It might work. Or to use Ubuntu, which is a vastly easier process, try using VMWARE or some other virtual environment to run Ubuntu temporarily in Windows.

Guest andylau

the time on status bar sometimes doesn't work correctly

the swap partition works for me as follows:

total used free shared

mem: 124188 121496 2692 0

swap: 124992 7528 117464

total: ............

the wifi works perfect, not a bit hot while still in charge

voyteckst, i think i can also be a tester for the mystorage installer, waiting for your post

Guest marisaleh

You can try using Partition Wizard Minitool to do the partitioning, but you would have to find a way to view linux filesystem from XP, then just copy and paste all the files/folders from the SD card fat32 and ext4 partitions to the Internal Memory fat32 and ext4 partitions. It might work. Or to use Ubuntu, which is a vastly easier process, try using VMWARE or some other virtual environment to run Ubuntu temporarily in Windows.

VMWARE is this for Windows XP(Desktop) or WinMo on the Phone

Guest Gardakkan

Just download the latest Ubuntu burn it and boot with cd in. It will boot Ubuntu into your memory when you reboot Windows XP it will remain untouched :)

or try using Wubi Installer if you want to have linux on your pc as a dual boot. very easy to use and safe that's what I did at home.

hope this helps

Guest unh1nged

May you tell us, what size and type of the partition that you created on "my storage"?

thx..

Well it will vary for anyone not using a 16GB SD card as that is what I have.

Mine looked like this:

Internal Memory Partitions

unallocated 1000.40MB

fat32 14.4GB (13.38 my exact size in partition manager) -use terminal to unpack ext4.tar.gz here

ext4 1024MB(976.56 my exact size in partition manager) -copy all files/folders from ext4 partition on SD to temp folder on desktop, then copy to ext4 on internal memory)

swap 128MB(122.07 my exact size in partition manager) -leave alone

unallocated (Whatever is left over)

I just rounded to the nearest full number with no decimal points when typing partition sizes in.

You need to use auto-installer first and install to SD card, then use partition manager to see how it partitioned it all up.

But if your SD card is a different size than your internal storage, you will need to adjust the fat32 partition to smaller or larger to compensate. Keep ext4 and swap the same size.

And don't forget to put your usb connection back to activesync in samsung settings, then edit the startup.txt file to change which drive it is booting on. Change it from 0p2 to 1p2.

Then boot from haret.exe as usua.

Edited by unh1nged

Guest antonio junior

anyone from brasil with IMEI working ????

I'm from Brazil and working IMEI yes. All working, let's hope voyteckst put something on the swap tonight or tomorrow morning so we can help you.

Well it will vary for anyone not using a 16GB SD card as that is what I have.

Mine looked like this:

Internal Memory Partitions

unallocated 1000.40MB

fat32 14.4GB (13.38 my exact size in partition manager) -use terminal to unpack ext4.tar.gz here

ext4 1024MB(976.56 my exact size in partition manager) -copy all files/folders from ext4 partition on SD to temp folder on desktop, then copy to ext4 on internal memory)

swap 128MB(122.07 my exact size in partition manager) -leave alone

unallocated (Whatever is left over)

I just rounded to the nearest full number with no decimal points when typing partition sizes in.

You need to use auto-installer first and install to SD card, then use partition manager to see how it partitioned it all up.

But if your SD card is a different size than your internal storage, you will need to adjust the fat32 partition to smaller or larger to compensate. Keep ext4 and swap the same size.

And don't forget to put your usb connection back to activesync in samsung settings, then edit the startup.txt file to change which drive it is booting on. Change it from 0p2 to 1p2.

Then boot from haret.exe as usua.

thx... I'll try it.. but about startup.txt, can I use from Beta 2?

I create

fat32 6.6 GB (my O2 is 8GB)

ext4 1024MB

swap 128MB

then extract ext4 to ext4 partition, copy startup.txt, to fat32 partition, then configure mmcblk0p2 to mmcblk0p6 (my storage just detected as mmcblk0p6)

then run haret.ext,.. and see "Android on Omnia II Loading.." screen.. and just stuck on it.. :(

Edited by lyeid

One thing I try in the beta2 and still does not work is:

- Do not let me move applications to SD.

- Don't work the automatic rotation.

How do I fix this?

Something about this?

Guest andylau

everytime when i install Fruit Ninja using peasecod(豌豆荚,a pc connect program for android phones), the phone comes to the startup scenery "android", like a reboot

but there is no problem when i install it use the OI explorer on my phone

Edited by andylau

Guest marisaleh

Well I got it working on My Storage.

Using Linux Mint. It's Ubuntu based so obviously Ubuntu would be fine to use.

I installed on SD card, then wrote down the partition info (my SD is 16GB so it matches My Storage sizes)

There is are unallocated parts at the beginning and end of drive, I made sure I created them when creating patitions.

Then I copied fat32 partition files to a temp folder on my desktop.

I then used Gparted to create all the same size partitions on My Storage. Copied files in temp folder from desktop to fat32 partition on My Storage.

Then I ran "sudo tar xzvf ext4.tar.gz -C /media/(whatever your ext4 partition is called on My Storage)" in terminal to unpack ext.tar.gz file onto ext4 partition.

Then ran haret.exe from My Storage and it booted up.

So I basically copied SD format to My Storage except manually unpacking ext4.tar.gz to the ext4 partition.

Hope this helps.

(Obviously copied start.txt and edited it to 0p2 to 1p2 for My Storage)

How do you connect the phone to linux desktop.

In windows you use Activesync.

I don't have SD Card Reader on my laptop

Guest enriquedopico

thx... I'll try it.. but about startup.txt, can I use from Beta 2?

I create

fat32 6.6 GB (my O2 is 8GB)

ext4 1024MB

swap 128MB

then extract ext4 to ext4 partition, copy startup.txt, to fat32 partition, then configure mmcblk0p2 to mmcblk0p6 (my storage just detected as mmcblk0p6)

then run haret.ext,.. and see "Android on Omnia II Loading.." screen.. and just stuck on it.. :(

With SD in, I think you should set mmcblk1p6 for My Storage.

Bye

@Devs

Its still draining a bit fast for me, and i don't know why... fresh install, about 4 hours since i removed from the charged, and its on 64% now.

I used my phone since for 3 phone calls each lasted about 2-3 minutes, and i surfed the web about 10 minutes, and wifi turned off.

is it normal? or my battery is going to die? :)

Guest marisaleh

don't you have a usb cable?

Yes I sync with windows using usb on laptop.

Can I use the same with linux, how will linux see

my phone. does the phone have to be running android

sorry i don't have experience with connecting the phone

to a linux desktop

Guest andylau

Yes I sync with windows using usb on laptop.

Can I use the same with linux, how will linux see

my phone. does the phone have to be running android

sorry i don't have experience with connecting the phone

to a linux desktop

just the same as what you do in windows, in wm connect your i8000 with usb mass storage mode, choosing my storage or storage card, which due to where you want to install android and make partitions