[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

Guest voyteckst

Guest antonio junior

charging the battery yesterday found an error, do not know if has already been answered before, I do not think, when you connect the charger starts charging and then to normal. The icon returns to normal. In this configuration happens after I saw that says it is discharged. It may be that this happens in other situations?

Edited by antonio junior

Guest erikcas

charging the battery yesterday found an error, do not know if has already been answered before, I do not think, when you connect the charger starts charging and then to normal. The icon returns to normal. In this configuration happens after I saw that says it is discharged. It may be that this happens in other situations?

check dmesg (dev tools --> terminal, type dmesg) when you attach power cord. If you see something like unauthorized battery...

I had that also with a new, white label battery. Returning the original battery solved it. But as that battery is near death, I changed the battery driver a bit, to only report it but charge it anyway.

Guest m_va_n2002

How to manually install Android 2.2 (Froyo) beta 3 release on My Storage partition instead of external SD card on the Samsung Omnia II (GT-i8000) under WINDOW7

check dmesg (dev tools --> terminal, type dmesg) when you attach power cord. If you see something like unauthorized battery...

I had that also with a new, white label battery. Returning the original battery solved it. But as that battery is near death, I changed the battery driver a bit, to only report it but charge it anyway.

Can u upload the battery driver that you changed? thanks ,because my battery can't be charged too..

Guest sgmem88

I'm using 8GB sdcard, full formatted. But still not working, i snap the error using my other phone. anyone can help?

Thanks!

301020111220.jpg

use "MiniTool Partition Wizard" to re-create the partition, re-format into fat32.

How to manually install Android 2.2 (Froyo) beta 3 release on My Storage partition instead of external SD card on the Samsung Omnia II (GT-i8000) under WINDOW7

I think under win7 ,you can't install beta3. because it has a linux swap ,and ext4 partition. ext4 only under linux,can be created.

but ,under win7 ,you can ghost a installed beta3 image ,to you my storage partition.

that is the only way.as i know..

Edited by picfan

Guest nikkotsoi

Hi Voyteckst,

I found that Auto Focus works in the camera, but the manual (only in Camera360).

Peel the object to which you want to take a picture, enter the options (such a small cog in the upper right corner) / Common set / Shoot Mode / select Infinite Distance and again Auto Focus. The camera will catch the same focus on a particular subject.

The only drawback is that every time you perform this operation before shooting.

Polish:

Cześć Voyteckst,

Odkryłem, że Auto Focus działa w aparacie, ale manualnie (tylko w programie Camera360).

Należy obrać przedmiot, któremu chcemy zrobić zdjęcie, wejść w opcje (taki trybik w górnym prawym rogu)/Common set/Shoot Mode/ zaznaczyć Infinite Distance a następnie ponownie Auto Focus. Aparat złapie sam ostrość na dany przedmiot.

Jedyna wada to, że trzeba za każdym razem wykonywać tą czynność przed zrobieniem zdjęcia.

YES, even the original "camera " can use this method to focus too

Guest Boddish

I'm still using 7% battery hour just at sleep, I've My Storage Installation... it's kind of annoying...

Does anyone confirms if the SDcard installation have better battery life?rolleyes.gif

Guest shoarmabakpao

I'm still using 7% battery hour just at sleep, I've My Storage Installation... it's kind of annoying...

Does anyone confirms if the SDcard installation have better battery life?rolleyes.gif

I used Android for the full day and just got home (21:00) from a party. Used my phone alot. Still at 78%.

I use SD Card installation with GoLauncher EX+ Touchwiz 4.0 theme. Extremely smooth ^_^

That launcher+angrybirds+ChainFire3D+The impossible game+Cut the rope+whatsapp+msn

Those are the apps I used today. Mostly used Whatsapp.

Guest erikcas

Can u upload the battery driver that you changed? thanks ,because my battery can't be charged too..

Sorry, didn' t have much time today. Will upload it tomorrow.

Yes I can. But check if your battery doesn' t get hot, stops charging when at 100%.

I checked with my B7610, all goes well.

But don' t hold me responsible if it bricks your battery because I haven't tested it on I8000

Guest Chrixtopher

use "MiniTool Partition Wizard" to re-create the partition, re-format into fat32.

Thanks! It's working... I still need to put a copy of those files in "My Storage", else it won't install... y?

Sorry, didn' t have much time today. Will upload it tomorrow.

Yes I can. But check if your battery doesn' t get hot, stops charging when at 100%.

I checked with my B7610, all goes well.

But don' t hold me responsible if it bricks your battery because I haven't tested it on I8000

Thx for u'r reply.I will try it on I8000.:rolleyes:

is it just me the Bluetooth range became shorter?

didn't check the range in particular, but as your raised issue of BT,

with BT headset connected, it seems that when picking incoming call, it didn't go through the headset immediately (click and go, like in WM) but you need another click

(e.g. 1st click, picking up call, but at handset; 2nd click then it's connected through BT headset)

Edited by Job21

Guest erikcas

Thx for u'r reply.I will try it on I8000.:rolleyes:

Edit: Download is offline. Only available on request by PM.

Reason: I have the idea that the download is downloaded for other reasons then not charging on Android.

The file was downloaded 100 times last hour, I only noticed two people on the forum with battery charging issues. It was only intended for battery NOT charging in Android

Unzip, place zImage and frb3update.tar.gz on mystorage and run haret. You might have to reboot after update for modules to function.

Edited by erikcas

Guest Mr.Lowl

didn't check the range in particular, but as your raised issue of BT,

with BT headset connected, it seems that when picking incoming call, it didn't go through the headset immediately (click and go, like in WM) but you need another click

(e.g. 1st click, picking up call, but at handset; 2nd click then it's connected through BT headset)

paired it to my wireless stereo ,my phone should be close to the stereo when walk a step away the music becomes choppy

works fine in wm

Edited by Mr.Lowl

paired it to my wireless stereo ,my phone should be close to the stereo when walk a step away the music becomes choppy

works fine in wm

mine wasn't that worst, without solid barrier in between (brick wall), 5m is still oK (from my office desk to near-by partition)

You can find the modified kernel here

Unzip, place zImage and frb3update.tar.gz on mystorage and run haret. You might have to reboot after update for modules to function.

THIS ONLY CONTAINS A MODIFIED BATTERY DRIVER. IT IS ON REQUEST

Use only when your battery is not charging in Android

Please, be aware I didn't test this on I8000

Check if your battery isn't getting too hot, and check it stops charging when fully charged

Also: if it screws up your current installation, you might have to reinstall. Be aware of that.

Thank you erikcas! I have get the files ,and trying..

Do I must use you zimage ? if I use the beta3 zimage,what will happen?haha ..

I want just replace the .SO file.May I ?

Guest erikcas

Thank you erikcas! I have get the files ,and trying..

Do I must use you zimage ? if I use the beta3 zimage,what will happen?haha ..

I want just replace the .SO file.May I ?

Well I changed the driver. That is compiled in the zImage file. The problem is (can be) with the driver. Not in the .so file. Or did it charge in beta2? Then problem is not with the driver.

zImage is beta3 source

Guest antonio junior

How many people have problems with battery charging? Already have 55 downloads in 3 hours for adapted kernel....

checked, and I think that the error in charging the battery is connected when the phone is very hot. because right now I'm usually carrying without having to download the modified kernel. I do not know if I'm right ... It may have something with what I said?

Edited by antonio junior

Guest voyteckst

How many people have problems with battery charging? Already have 55 downloads in 3 hours for adapted kernel....

Guess what will be next complain? My phone is hot when charging! ;-)