[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

Guest voyteckst

Guest thanh_nha0706

After a day using, there are 2 bugs that I've found:

1. I cannot use earphone (like others)

2. The volume is so small even when I maximize it.

[Q]: How can I know that the swap partition is working or not???

Edited by thanh_nha0706

Guest andylau

After a day using, there are 2 bugs that I've found:

1. I cannot use earphone (like others)

2. The volume is so small even when I maximize it.

[Q]: How can I know that the swap partition is working or not???

1. me too

2. the ring is just ok for me

ans: in terminal(download from market or somewhere else) type: free, then you will see it, if the second is 0...0, then swap is not working

Guest Vlad_O2_RO

Finished installing CM6 on my SDCard...all is fine with some glitches though :

1. Camera is still NOT working whatsoever!

2. the Time in the upper bar, near the battery indicator is almost invisible...maybe it can be solved with some background settings...

Will get back as soon as something new arises...

Anyways, EXCELLENT JOB...I cannot even think of comparing this to the Froyo Beta 3 .... the CM6 is rocketing from ALL points of view!

Thanks devs!

Guest thanh_nha0706

1. me too

2. the ring is just ok for me

ans: in terminal(download from market or somewhere else) type: free, then you will see it, if the second is 0...0, then swap is not working

Other problems are:

3. Cannot change input methods in keyboard (I've installed Vietnamese keyboard successfully and I cannot change from Android keyboard to Vietnamese keyboard)

4. The battery problem: I charged my phone fully before sleep and just over one night, the battery was drained out completely. (wifi was on all that time)

Guest voyteckst

Thanks alot +

How can i use update file is it same frb3update tar or (as i think) its different i need it for adding language

You haven't read README, have You?

how can update?

No update. See first post.

Me he bajado una aplicacion para la radio; parecer funcionar.

El problema es que el celular no dectecta los auriculares (otro error), la aplicación dice que conecte los auriculares.

Estare a la espera de alguna respuesta.

Saludos.

- Translate

I downloaded an application to the radio seems to work.

The problem is that the phone does not Dectect headphones (another mistake), the application states that connect the headphones.

I'll be waiting for an answer.

Greetings.

How can You say that it's working if You haven't checked, because of missing antenna which is earphone?

Can anyone help me with phone signal? (CM beta)

I am not getting any networks at all.

Operator is Wind Greece.

Phone is B7610 which doesnt matter (ie is same as I8000) right?

Anyway CM Beta is looking good even at "early" stages.

Thanks devs and the community.

No it isn't same. Ask erikcas on B7610 android forum for proper modem.bin (from Spica probably).

Edited by voyteckst

Guest andylau

the input change doesn't work for me too, but then i tried again and again select the input method, it works

(i installed sougou,baidu and google input, maybe the sougou imput doesn't work well with others two, i unistalled sougou and then baidu&google work for me now)

Guest Kamote14

i have installed CM on my SD Card,, and it is working great, except for the Camera.. not working,..

so i want to try t install it to Internal Storage,,thinking it may solve the Camera problem.,

but README says the ff;

"3b. To install on internal storage - rename sd_ms.cpio.gz to sd.cpio.gz, but You MUST have partitions created earlier properly (fat32, ext4, swap)!. After rename click installandroid.exe."

i have formatted both MyStorage and Storage Card into Fat32,. but i dont know how to create partition.. can someone tell me how to..?

Guest voyteckst

i have installed CM on my SD Card,, and it is working great, except for the Camera.. not working,..

so i want to try t install it to Internal Storage,,thinking it may solve the Camera problem.,

but README says the ff;

"3b. To install on internal storage - rename sd_ms.cpio.gz to sd.cpio.gz, but You MUST have partitions created earlier properly (fat32, ext4, swap)!. After rename click installandroid.exe."

i have formatted both MyStorage and Storage Card into Fat32,. but i dont know how to create partition.. can someone tell me how to..?

No. This question was asked 100 times or more. Read FAQ and/or search.

Guest shockwavenl

but README says the ff;

i think that it is not possible in windows.

but when u have ubuntu or similar.

instal gparted. then delete all partitions and create a extended one. then create 1 fat 32 partition a ext4 and a swap (that worked for the previous beta's)

'nother question.

I did exactly this but when i do androidinstall (i try to install on internal storage) and rename the the file (sd_ms.blabla.gz to sd.blabla.gz) then it does not install. it says that it cant mount the sdcard? lol im not even try to install it on the sdcard?

Guest voyteckst

i think that it is not possible in windows.

but when u have ubuntu or similar.

instal gparted. then delete all partitions and create a extended one. then create 1 fat 32 partition a ext4 and a swap (that worked for the previous beta's)

'nother question.

I did exactly this but when i do androidinstall (i try to install on internal storage) and rename the the file (sd_ms.blabla.gz to sd.blabla.gz) then it does not install. it says that it cant mount the sdcard? lol im not even try to install it on the sdcard?

Internal Storage installer may not work. Sorry.

Guest Kamote14

Internal Storage installer may not work. Sorry.

ok,. so all that is working SD Card installation.. how about the Camera problem.? is that normal for the CM1?

Guest RonLewis

i can't change the input method swipe, anyone have this problem? and is there a way to activate swipe under cm b1?

I have Swype installed. There are 2 sections to change the input method, but the only 1 that works is within the Swype Preferences. The first first option is Select Input Method. Change this to Swype and it should work just fine.

Hi all....,

First I would like to thank the developers for this BIG Project .. , for making possible run android on our Omnia II .

I have a small issues regarding running CM6 on my Omnia ( sd card automatic installer ) :

- the little problem with black screen when receive calls ( 3-4 seconds before could answer ) ;

- the battery doesn't show 100% , and the battery stop charging ( even if on the lock screen show that the battery is charging )

The rest of the android is OK ... ( camera work very , very nice .. much better than Beta 3 , the battery drain is not so fast .. compared with native android device ).

Again .. many thanks to all the developers team and to Voyteckst ...

All the best ......

Hi dev-team

yesterday I installed CM6 B1 and after all day playing all fine,

as I mentioned in previous post is quickest, stable, flash now working OK

but at evening I Finnish charge to 100 % Wifi, B/T, GPS - off and morning battery completely empty? 8 hours and battery flat?

Has anyone similar experience with this issue?

And please can anyone measure boot time to android - time start when press HARET

mine result - 4:58 (installed on SD)

Guest AoSra1n

Great release. Much better than past froyo releases. Cyanogenmod is very useful especially the widgets in the notifications bar and customisations in settings.

I installed on a formatted SD card. Had a few freezes within android after first few boots but now it is alright.

Camera works for me fine.

Receiving calls is reasonable. It rings on the first ring, but takes 2-3 seconds for screen to turn on. Thats not too bad. Prior beta releases only started ringing 3-4 rings in.

Here are some answers to what others have enquired about:

1. To make time visible - go to Settings>SpicagenMod settings>Interface>Status Bar>Clock colour and change it to White

2. To make clock to correct time - install Clocksync

3. To change keyboards, dont use Settings. Go to a text field > long press > input method > choose input method

Problems:

1. Headphones dont work (as mentioned before) - must fix this soon :)

2. Wifi does not connect to WPA2 network. Tries to authenticate but does not connect (tried static IP and no success)

3. Leaving wifi on drains battery very fast

4. Haven't figured out how to get Apps2SD (but i dont really need it)

Still have to check battery life (although standby appears good) and GPS.

My boot time from haret to android lockscreen is 2min and 53 seconds. Nothing to complain about (but past beta's were around 2 minutes).

Guest synescu

in settings/ spicagenmodsettings/ input / long-press home if you choose the camera application by pressing the Home button long can take pictures using the camera button and is very fast

Edited by synescu

Guest AoSra1n

For performance:

Turn off screen rotation, and all animations.

Also install get an app killer widget so you can manually kill background apps when you need it.

Try to minimise installation of apps that run in background.

Decrease number of homescreens (max 3).

For battery life:

Use juice defender to manage battery including disabling internet connection on screen off and switching to 2G on screen off.

Set default screen brightness to low.

Use Set CPU profiles to manage CPU max under certain conditions e.g. screen off.

Edited by AoSra1n