[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

Guest voyteckst

Guest s jithu

@voyteckst

im not able to access mystorage from es file explorer ( its storage but empty )

i deleted my hidden partition my startup.txt is k0p2 what should i do

Guest voyteckst

sorry but it was due to lack of knowledge

I was told some time ago one thing: don't do everything for someone, but give him a tool to do that

Try and You will succeed.

Guest voyteckst

update file has to be rename cm_o2_update ( ...?

Yes and it was mentioned in the readme of the package.

Edited by voyteckst

Guest s jithu

Yes and it was mentioned in the readme of the package.

sorry it was not return in readme file

can u tell what rename to do

Edited by s jithu

Guest voyteckst

sorry it was not return in readme file

can u tell what rename to do

Quote from readme.txt:

"4. Updates names are: cm_o2_update.tar.gz and cm_o2_update.sh"

Hey, voyteckst

Why does not the USB connection? is only charging (

Reboot pc and try again. It's working.

Edited by voyteckst

Guest Ammarlo Yepez

Well I just did it installing 2011-11-28: CyanogenMod beta 1

I suggest using this following procedure to install on INTERNAL MEMORY (MY STORAGE IN WIN MO)

1. USE THIS GUIDE IN GENERAL http://windows.modac...ost__p__1829477

2.Use DISK Utility of Ubuntu to IDENTIFY your device ID (mine was sdc2 for the ext4 partition)

3. In extracting files (step 2 of the guide) you should use THE WHOLE PATH like that:

sudo tar zxvf /home/user/desktop/cm_beta1/ext4.tar.gz -C /media/system (it is an example DEPENDS ON WHRE YOU HAVE SAVED ext4.tar.gz file)

4. You can manually copy the needed files (as described in step 2) in SD CARD (to

avoid too much terminal use and paths...)

5. IN STEP 3 you can use the gedit editor which is much easier than vi like that

sudo gedit /media/system/system/etc/vold.fstab

6.DO the same for the init.rc like that sudo gedit /media/system/init.rc

7.The startup file needs to be copied from the forum and you can edit that without the terminal just with gedit.

I give an exact working version here (just copy it correctly)

Set kernel zImage

Set ramsize 180*1024*1024

Set mtype 1626

Set ramaddr 0x50000000

Set kernelcrc 1

Set CMDLINE "rootdelay=2 root=/dev/mmcblk1p2 init=/init console=ttySAC2,115200 vmalloc=256M"

setbitp 0x7F008808 5 1

pfw 0x7f005800 4 0x3

pfw 0x7f005804 4 0x805

pfw 0x7f005808 4 0x7

pfw 0x7f00580c 4 0x0

pfw 0x7f005828 4 0x11

pfw 0x7f00582c 4 0x80

boot

AFTER THAT IT WILL INSTALL AND WORK AND WILL NOT GET STUCK AT BOOTING.

thanks this helped me a lot and solved my problem

Edited by Ammarlo Yepez

Guest s jithu

Quote from readme.txt:

"4. Updates names are: cm_o2_update.tar.gz and cm_o2_update.sh"

i did but if im not wrong the update file has to disappere ( after reboot ) but the file still remain there in mystorage

Guest Ammarlo Yepez

Finaly I can see My Storage(internal 16 GB)

The only one change that I have done is in ext4.tar.gz , under ubuntu, in init.rc

changed from :

mount vfat /dev/block/mmcblk1p5 /storage

to:

mount vfat /dev/block/mmcblk1p1 /storage

to me is because I deleted my internal hidden partition.

Than don't forgot to change and update the change.

Friends may help ... SOY DE VENEZUELA .. I HAVE PROBLEMS WITH THE INSTALLATION OF ANDROID .. IN MEMORY .. ALL THE STEPS FROM YOUR UBUNTU .. FAT32 partitions. EXT4 and swap. ..

UPLOAD FILE FROM THE TERMINAL EXT4.TAR.GZ UBUNTU .. The partition with EXT4 ANDROID LABEL ..

Make changes to INIT.RT And I added fstab file to the swap partition RECONNAISSANCE AS THIS GUIDE SAYS .. And copy files HARET.EXE startup.txt A ROOT zImage and FAT32. . . AH ALSO MAKE CHANGES TO YOUR DIME startup.txt FILE AS IT DEJASTES came in the DOWNLOAD OR SOME LINES MODIFICASTES .. FINALLY STARTING TO TRY ME ANDROID HARET.EXE STRIP FROM AN ERROR THAT SAYS SOMETHING NOT FIND FILE Q SD.CPIO.GZ never happened to me SD.CPIO previous betas FILE COPY START A ROOT FAT32 BUT IS STUCK HARET.EXE ANDROID ON LOADING ... PLEASE HELP To run the Cyanogen ---

edit i solved my problem

Edited by Ammarlo Yepez

Guest vakaloka

Friends may help ... SOY DE VENEZUELA .. I HAVE PROBLEMS WITH THE INSTALLATION OF ANDROID .. IN MEMORY .. ALL THE STEPS FROM YOUR UBUNTU .. FAT32 partitions. EXT4 and swap. ..

UPLOAD FILE FROM THE TERMINAL EXT4.TAR.GZ UBUNTU .. The partition with EXT4 ANDROID LABEL ..

Make changes to INIT.RT And I added fstab file to the swap partition RECONNAISSANCE AS THIS GUIDE SAYS .. And copy files HARET.EXE startup.txt A ROOT zImage and FAT32. . . AH ALSO MAKE CHANGES TO YOUR DIME startup.txt FILE AS IT DEJASTES came in the DOWNLOAD OR SOME LINES MODIFICASTES .. FINALLY STARTING TO TRY ME ANDROID HARET.EXE STRIP FROM AN ERROR THAT SAYS SOMETHING NOT FIND FILE Q SD.CPIO.GZ never happened to me SD.CPIO previous betas FILE COPY START A ROOT FAT32 BUT IS STUCK HARET.EXE ANDROID ON LOADING ... PLEASE HELP To run the Cyanogen ---

I recommend you this great online conversor to make upper case messages, lower ones http://www.string-functions.com/case.aspx

Guest erikcas

... I think that I would need a shrink if I didn't know how to install android manually.

I lost count on some 20 methods, with even more startup.txt's, vold.fstabs and init.rc.

@ Voyteckst, is it not an idea to "forbid" any discussion else then use of installer and the pre-requirements of it, as in the first/second post.

As an alternative, I can make 2 manual install step-by-step tutorials (one for SD, one for my storage) on the google projectpage which I will provide support for here on the forum by open a topic for each of the two methods. Then we can stick here to the published install method and to problems, suggestions and ideas when running Android.

@ all others, I don't mean to be rude. But I see so many questions asked about probem A and then aswered to with a solution that goes for problem B.

My critic is meant to be positive to create some clearance.

Just let me know

Edited by erikcas

Hi everyone, first I want to thank the Devs, this release it's the more stable and coolest. (cm beta1)

I want to report some bugs :

1.- When I uninstall something, it go back to the list and the "loading..." is kept forever, well I waited 35-45 mins and was still there, until I pressed the back button, if I enter the Manage apps again everything is ok.

2.- The sound with the Bluetooth headset, well the "ear" part it's Ok, but the "speak" part the volume is VERY low, after the install I called some people and they can't hear me, I was practically shouting, at first I thought it was the headset, so I disconnected and kept talking directly with the phone, then I rebooted and tested in Win (same i8000) and the headset it was working ok, the voice was clear both ways.

3.- When you are in a call, and the screen is dimmed or turned off, there's no way of getting back to the calling screen to see the time, add another call, conference, etc. other that press the "Awake button" that is the same "hang-up button" so the call it's hanged up, I tried touching and taping the screen and the rest of the buttons and nothing, only the "Awake button" or another incoming call can restore the calling screen. Maybe you can reactivate the screen during a call with screen taps or the proximity sensor as in the "old" OS (WinMo 6.5.3).

4.-If I’m connected WiFi and I make or answer a call or the phone goes to sleep, I get disconnected from WiFi, I have to disable and enable WiFi several times to reconnect, that’s an improvement, because in beta3 I needed to reboot.

The following I'm not sure if they are bugs or request :

1.- When I connect the Bluetooth headset in WinMo, all the sound in the calls (hear, speak) is directed automatically to the headset, I don't need to push the button in the headset to redirect the sounds from the phone to the headset. If I got the headset on the ear and I got an incoming call (CM Beta1), both sounds (headset and phone), but when I try to answer with the button on the headset, it answers the call, but the sound is in the phone, not in the headset, this until I do one long press in the headset button as a kind of "connect and use the headset". I don't know if this is the "normal way" in Android, but in Symbian and WinMo I always used as I described, If this is the "normal way" can you add a select option to use it as is or use it the "other way" (WinMo, Symbian).

Edited by ZataN

Guest crusssader

hi there ...

after 3 days ...everything working normal...no SOD,restars or something else...

wi-fi working very well

gps with Igo 8.4 working stable ,no problems ...Cygic aura have some mistake on install..dosnt work

display wake up just in time when have call, litle wait when unlock ..2-3 seconds

i can see my storage --- in irc change 0 5 to 1 1

ap2sd dont work ...

usb working very well ,initiate imediatly

charging working fine ... today charge to 100 % ... but for 3 hours

im using Go launcher ex - no FC

beautirfull widget for weather ,time and date - no FC

some other widget and programs like wi-fi widget ,Go task manager, eXdialer,Bs player ,Dolfin browser, smart caller Id for big callers picture,astro file manager (it see my storage )

im not using 3g ,bluetoght ...

headphones working but sound is not good ...

batery drain ....without wi-fi its normal ... maybe 2 days ...with normal usage i supose

with wi-fi .... few hours...

with gps maybe 2-3 hours ...

phone working normaly and no any problems for now...

exuse me for my bad english ...

alarm working corect...

clock problem corect with time zone dublin in win mo

thanks a lot developers .... amazing job ....

This is the best releese for now ...

fruite loops and tomcat 1 and 2 working very nice:)))

free RAM is 38-45 mb from 121..

Edited by crusssader

Guest Wagner Alves

Voyteckst, I have a question regarding vmalloc=256 parameter. Has something changed in kernel memory allocation/memory management? Because I was running into memory problems (I'm dumb enough to try and use my omnia 2 as a software development testing device:P --due to lack of cash for a better one), I've noticed that even with 256mb swap space I end up with the system starting to kill background processes and not allowing new ones ending up in a situation were a required service for a foreground process can not start. (It may be irrelevant but I'd still like to know--and if unrelated maybe you possibly have any insights on my issue).

Also to contribute a bit:

I think a small change needs to be done in the FAQ regarding partition naming scheme. Because there is a certain configuration that is not covered at all and the directions are not very clear to people without technical knowledge. With this addendum half the installation questions would go away:

1) Internal Storage only phone (no SD card inside phone): Internal storage is mmcblk0. Partitions depending on setup are: 1/2/3 if you deleted the partition table and made new PRIMARY partitions or 5/6/7 if you resized "My Storage" and created the ext4 and linux swap partitions after it. This happens because the default setup of the phone is 1 Extended partition with 2 logical partitions inside it("My Storage" one and the hidden one for reseting to factory settings) (For more info on partition tables in general, use google.). So possible partition names are mmcblk0p1/mmcblk0p2/mmcblk0p3 or mmcblk0p5/mmcblk0p6/mmcblk0p7 (fat32/ext4/swap).

2) Internal Storage AND SD Card phone (SD card installed in phone): Internal storage is mmcblk1 and SD card is mmcblk0. So everything stands like described above but the block number is reversed. If the card is installed then the Internal Storage becomes mmcblk1 and the SD card is mmcblk0. The SD card should never have extended/logical partitions so it's always mmcblk0p1/2/3

This also creates an issue that if you install with a card in or out then you have to stick with this configuration or change the configuration files everytime you decide to boot the phone in the other configuration (with or without).

Now regarding the configuration files:

"startup.txt" : the partition should point to the ext4 one (This is the partition holding the operating system). So for our Phone case 1 (see above) it's mmcblk0p2 or mmcblk0p6. For the Phone case 2, it's mmcblk1p2 or mmcblk1p6 if you installed in Internal Storage or mmcblk0p2 if you installed on SD Card.

"/system/etc/vold.fstab" : This file mounts the External SD card. You need "dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard auto /devices/platform/s3c-sdhci.1/mmc_host/mmc1" if you want to mount "My Storage" as an SD Card for the Phone case 1. For the Phone case 2 I am unsure of the device assignment because I have no SD card to test myself.

"init.rc" : The line "mount vfat /dev/block/mmcblk1p5 /storage" mounts as /storage whatever you wish. The external SD fat32 partition or the "My Storage" partition. Depending on what you mounted as External storage in "/system/etc/vold.fstab" you can mount the other here by changing the line appropriately. Use the names above to mount what you want (I've written all possibles combinations already).

"/system/etc/fstab": This ones in mounting your linux swap partition. For Phone case 1 it's mmcblk0p3 or mmcblk0p7 and for case 2 it's mmcblk1p3 or mmcblk1p7 if you're using Internal Storage or mmcblk0p3 if you're using SD card.

/system/etc/vold.fstab" : This file mounts the External SD card. You need "dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard auto /devices/platform/s3c-sdhci.1/mmc_host/mmc1" if you want to mount "My Storage" as an SD Card for the Phone case 1. For the Phone case 2 I am unsure of the device assignment because I have no SD card to test myself......

Portuguese

Ola amigos

Eu instalei o Android na memoria interna do omnia II e gostaria de saber como montar o cartão de memória no Android como SD, pois quero salvar tudo no cartão.

Alguem consegiu fazer?

Por favor ajude-me

Obrigado.

English

Hello friends

I installed Android on the Omnia II's internal memory and would like to know how to mount the memory card such as SD Card in Android, because I want to save everything on the card.

Can anyone do?

Please help me

Thank you.

... SKIP...

English

Hello friends

I installed Android on the Omnia II's internal memory and would like to know how to mount the memory card such as SD Card in Android, because I want to save everything on the card.

Can anyone do?

Please help me

Thank you.

pg. 1, readme, you'll find

and people, when you try to quote, KEEP FOCUS ON THE RELATED PARAGRAPH ONLY, it's no point and confusing for you to quote the whole passage

In fact, we're already full of content with repetitive question on installation problem

Edited by Job21

Hi everyone, first I want to thank the Devs, this release it's the more stable and coolest. (cm beta1)

I want to report some bugs :

... skip... (sorry fellow, but I try to keep this thread neat)

For BT, if you're with the project for sometimes, you knew it's basically a new function added since B3 only. So overall performance is awaiting for improvement.

To tell you, in B3, using BT for phone call is even more a nightmare, considering the delay with dialer screen

(I missed more than half of calls if for only the process call-in, wait dailer showup, first click to pick call, second click to get it through BT, another 4-5 sec to finally have call on headsets)

And Voyteckst, agreed with other's finding: battery drainage is a come-back issue - 98% before sleep, 7hrs passed, wake up with 63% remaining

Edited by Job21

Guest ASMARTTECHIE

to all those who are unable to view mystorage.. before u try any commands, simply try other file explores ..

i had the problem too with es file explorer.. but astro, root explorer etc work very fine..

Guest lzq55555

HI, voyteckst,Can you solve the problem for automatically updated the time ,I saw a post on when the base station and network, it use NITZ and SNTP for updatee the time ,it means change " frameworks/base/telephony/java/com/android/internal/telephony/cdma/CdmaServiceStateTracker.java" and "frameworks/base/telephony/java/com/android/internal/telephony/gsm/GsmServiceStateTracker.java " , or You can visit this site http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_3e4774e30100tq2p.html , hope you can use in Omnia II ,Or you tell me how to modify it, thanks ,have a good time!

HI, voyteckst,Can you solve the problem for automatically updated the time ,I saw a post on when the base station and network, it use NITZ and SNTP for updatee the time ,it means change " frameworks/base/telephony/java/com/android/internal/telephony/cdma/CdmaServiceStateTracker.java" and "frameworks/base/telephony/java/com/android/internal/telephony/gsm/GsmServiceStateTracker.java " , or You can visit this site http://blog.sina.com...e30100tq2p.html , hope you can use in Omnia II ,Or you tell me how to modify it, thanks ,have a good time!

but have u try "3G on, flight mode off / on" solution? it's not an instant cure, but works

Guest narinari

I have a particular problem that I couldn't find any info in this thread or other general Android forums.

I used Froyo beta 1, 2 and 3 and didn't have this problem before. Phone is not displaying text correctly.

I installed twice already (external SD automatic instalation) and updated the kernel once, but same thing happened.

Please look at the pictures and see if you can help me figure out what's wrong.

Thanks!

zidPYh.jpgNt75kh.jpg

2XOWZh.jpgOTIuSh.jpg

size fixed to not mess up the format of the page

FIXED: So the phone was trying to run in whoever knows which language. So I used my other Android phone to find the change language menu and changed it to English.

Everything works perfect now!

Edited by narinari