[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

Guest voyteckst

Guest erikcas

k i got whats the problem.... theres some prob in my storage everytime i switch it it gets some prob.....ie its partition get deleted.......wht to do now?

Why do you switch anyway?

Everything has a start, even this topic. When you start reading at page 1, you will get to the second post. The second post has a link to a very good my storage partitioning and install guide.

Guest Abhiraj4

Why do you switch anyway?

Everything has a start, even this topic. When you start reading at page 1, you will get to the second post. The second post has a link to a very good my storage partitioning and install guide.

no man i ment to say whenever i connect my omnia to pc it asks to format each time even if i format it....

Guest Abhiraj4

ok my virtual machine is the root of problems......

whenever i connect my omnia to vmware ubuntu its stoorage crasher or currupts....... this also happened when i mounted external sd to it........

There is an incompatibility between the tar versions used in the beta and the packaging of the updates. This is why the update packages are not working (tar.gz ones, shell scripts work fine).

Tests performed:

1.After noticing the updates would not apply I pushed the tarball via adb on device / and tried to apply manualy via adb. Result: "tar: short read" (command used: tar zxvf cm_o2_update.tar.gz)

2.Pushed uncompressed tar via adb and tried to extract. Result: "tar: short read" (command used: tar zxvf cm_o2_update.tar)

3.Mounted ext4 partition on latest Oneiric livecd VM and tried to extract both uncompressed and compressed tarballs. Both resulted in:" tar: a lone zero block at ##" (did not note down block number because it wasn't important).

Error 3 refers to incompatibility between version of tar. Error 1 and 2 refer to bug in busybox possibly related to incompatibility between versions of tar.

WORKAROUND: Extract via nautilus and copy manually (I can't provide tutorial for file operations under linux..)

Also Android Market updates are not working. No notifications for new versions (including market app)

App2SD fix is working.

Edited by Nodens

ok my virtual machine is the root of problems......

whenever i connect my omnia to vmware ubuntu its stoorage crasher or currupts....... this also happened when i mounted external sd to it........

Do not perform file operations under vmware if the phone is booted under Android. If you want to perform file operations always connect it to your ubuntu vmware under WM.

Guest Abhiraj4

Do not perform file operations under vmware if the phone is booted under Android. If you want to perform file operations always connect it to your ubuntu vmware under WM.

no no its not that... i have windows 7 and ubuntu in vmware. Vmware is on my windows 7...... and i connect omnia through windows mobile only.... so dont know why does ubuntu(which is on vmware ) makes it currupt...

ya 1 more thing can the ubuntu thing of manuall installation be done from macosx..... its also there on my vmware

Guest harrypotter222

anyone has switching additional keyboards issue? I installed some keyboard for chinese input which works on beta3 before, but now when I get to select other keyboard, it doesn't appear, it still stays on the default android keyboard.

I have loaded chinese fonts already, so I don't think chinese fonts is the issue here.

no no its not that... i have windows 7 and ubuntu in vmware. Vmware is on my windows 7...... and i connect omnia through windows mobile only.... so dont know why does ubuntu(which is on vmware ) makes it currupt...

ya 1 more thing can the ubuntu thing of manuall installation be done from macosx..... its also there on my vmware

Do you unmount/safe remove the device? If you unplug it while write operations are pending it will cause corruption. No you can't do the manual installation on osx because it lacks native ext4 filesystem support.

Under osx you'd still have to use a vm or some sort of external driver that I wouldn't recommend as it could not work or not work properly and complecate things.. try to just boot a live cd instead if you're having issues with VMs.

anyone has switching additional keyboards issue? I installed some keyboard for chinese input which works on beta3 before, but now when I get to select other keyboard, it doesn't appear, it still stays on the default android keyboard.

I have loaded chinese fonts already, so I don't think chinese fonts is the issue here.

chk 10-15 pages before and there's solution of this issue re-capped

Do you unmount/safe remove the device? If you unplug it while write operations are pending it will cause corruption. No you can't do the manual installation on osx because it lacks native ext4 filesystem support.

Under osx you'd still have to use a vm or some sort of external driver that I wouldn't recommend as it could not work or not work properly and complecate things.. try to just boot a live cd instead if you're having issues with VMs.

and when ure in linux environment, u must "safely eject" or ur last save job may not be written to disk,or to even worse damage ur partition

Guest Abhiraj4

no i didnt remove it while writing...... basically i whent to ubuntu with the intent to write it but it didnt recognise and the l8r prob happened

EDIT-ya i fixed it ....... Note any using ubuntu as a virtual os must enable usb control to your tool or else when the os sends data from usb to guest os it is currupted as both have different data handleing... :) be careful

Edited by Abhiraj4

Well I just did it installing 2011-11-28: CyanogenMod beta 1

I suggest using this following procedure to install on INTERNAL MEMORY (MY STORAGE IN WIN MO)

1. USE THIS GUIDE IN GENERAL http://windows.modac...ost__p__1829477

2.Use DISK Utility of Ubuntu to IDENTIFY your device ID (mine was sdc2 for the ext4 partition)

3. In extracting files (step 2 of the guide) you should use THE WHOLE PATH like that:

sudo tar zxvf /home/user/desktop/cm_beta1/ext4.tar.gz -C /media/system (it is an example DEPENDS ON WHRE YOU HAVE SAVED ext4.tar.gz file)

4. You can manually copy the needed files (as described in step 2) in SD CARD (to

avoid too much terminal use and paths...)

5. IN STEP 3 you can use the gedit editor which is much easier than vi like that

sudo gedit /media/system/system/etc/vold.fstab

6.DO the same for the init.rc like that sudo gedit /media/system/init.rc

7.The startup file needs to be copied from the forum and you can edit that without the terminal just with gedit.

I give an exact working version here (just copy it correctly)

Set kernel zImage

Set ramsize 180*1024*1024

Set mtype 1626

Set ramaddr 0x50000000

Set kernelcrc 1

Set CMDLINE "rootdelay=2 root=/dev/mmcblk1p2 init=/init console=ttySAC2,115200 vmalloc=256M"

setbitp 0x7F008808 5 1

pfw 0x7f005800 4 0x3

pfw 0x7f005804 4 0x805

pfw 0x7f005808 4 0x7

pfw 0x7f00580c 4 0x0

pfw 0x7f005828 4 0x11

pfw 0x7f00582c 4 0x80

boot

AFTER THAT IT WILL INSTALL AND WORK AND WILL NOT GET STUCK AT BOOTING.

Thank you Omnian_v!

It worked like a charm! I was screwing up with startup.txt, now it's working perfecly!!!

I've quote your full post to keep it alive, it worked beautifully!

Thank you so much!

Guest WajdiPathwalker

hello, can anyone help me??

i bought my o2 from a friend, and i think it was blocked by samsung via imei, and i must go to samsung home to unblock it again, but it doesn't exist in our region sad.gif

in froyo beta2 it worked since it doesn't detect imei, so till the time i travel to the capital (it will take me a while to go there) , i need to find out a way to block CM detecting for my imei, please help me, this is my first time in this thread so don't fail me thanks again smile.gif

Guest erikcas

i bought my o2 from a friend, and i think it was blocked by samsung via imei, and i must go to samsung home to unblock it again, but it doesn't exist in our region sad.gif

in froyo beta2 it worked since it doesn't detect imei, so till the time i travel to the capital (it will take me a while to go there) , i need to find out a way to block CM detecting for my imei, please help me, this is my first time in this thread so don't fail me thanks again smile.gif

apply cm_update_wm.sh script, see readme.txt with installer. #1 under notes

Guest ralph760

Sorry for interrupt:

What the mean by IMEI can be detect?? I dialed *#06# and check for IMEI, it showed me all '0'. Can all the MASTER here to teach how to set my IMEI to be recognise by Android. I need to register with some app. Thank advance.

Hi Voyteckst,

At first thank for bring us this nice CM ROM. Its really fast and more mem available (only with fresh install instead of update it from Froyo Beta 3). Good job!

However, there are few problems that bothering me:

1. of course, the IMEI i mention above (I thk i saw it said IMEI problem solved together with the update of the release of Froyo Beta 3)

2. I install manually in INTERNAL MEMORY via ubuntu, the battery is drain like leaking water. Charged full can only last <4 hours with minimal uses (i just leave it on table and press for checking time and the battery remain)

Thank again!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by ralph760

Guest Gardakkan

Hey, voyteckst

Why does not the USB connection? is only charging (

I've got the same problem, but when the USB finally works it doesn't charge anymore from USB or power cord. I need to reboot the phone all the time to make it work, sometime I have to reboot 5 times before either the USB or power cord makes it go into charging mode.

HI

I INSTALL CM BETA 1 ON SC CARD BUT IN FILE EXPLORER CANT SHOW MY STORAGE!!!

PLEASE HELP...

If you want to see My Storage(internal 16 GB)

The only one change that I have done is in ext4.tar.gz , under ubuntu, in init.rc

changed from :

mount vfat /dev/block/mmcblk1p5 /storage

to:

mount vfat /dev/block/mmcblk1p1 /storage

to me is because I deleted my internal hidden partition.

If you installed CM beta 1 by automatic installer on your SD card than put this update, under windows mobile, the same you would do with the others updates, in My Storage(internal one).

If you installed manually on your SD card than install it under ubuntu, manually, by terminal.

First of all put "cm_o2_update.tar.gz" on your desktop, than, mount your fat32 and ext4 partition ,and than type in TERMINAL:

1) "cd Desktop"

2)"sudo tar zxvf cm_o2_update.tar.gz -C/media/system"

(make sure when you create partition that ext4 partition is named " system")

PS: If you like it and find useful don't forget to clik th green + plus from right lower corner of my post.

cm_o2_update.tar.gz

Edited by bf5

Guest shockwavenl

dunno if im the onlyone. but i cant charge my phone when android is running?? i have this problem after the patch mad.gif

and is there a solution for it?

(ye i know one.. just shutdown your phone... but thats too much work)