[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

Guest voyteckst

Guest Numinas

You will need ADB. Search the first page.

From your post, I guess your partition is something like:

Internal Storage (ext4) = mmcblk1p2

Internal Storage (FAT) = mmcblk1p1

External Storage = mmcblk0p1

Swap Partition = mmcblk1p3

So the setting might be as follow:

Startup.txt = mmcblk1p2

fstab = mmcblk1p3

vold.fstab = sdhci.0/...../mmc0

init.rc = mmcblk0p1 /sdcard :excl: mmcblk1p1 /storage

PS: if you didnt insert the SD card in slot while you boot the phone, your Internal Storage will be mmcblk0. And I noticed if SD was not in place while boot up, the system might not able to mount your card later. (Not yet confirmed by DEV)

Thx for your reply bro! I tried to set values like you wrote me, but it doesn't work :( ...I always boot the phone with the external SD inserted and Android again recognize the SD but not my Internal Partition...I don't understand where the mistake is, because swap partition is 1p3 and it work fine, system partition (ext4) is 1p2 and for exclusion the internal storage (FAT32) is 1p1! :(

Thx for your reply bro! I tried to set values like you wrote me, but it doesn't work :( ...I always boot the phone with the external SD inserted and Android again recognize the SD but not my Internal Partition...I don't understand where the mistake is, because swap partition is 1p3 and it work fine, system partition (ext4) is 1p2 and for exclusion the internal storage (FAT32) is 1p1! :(

What exactly do you mean by not recognizing? The setup he gave you should work 100%. You do know that with this setup the internal storage is mounted as /storage and can be used with an android file explorer or by software that can read/write to directories you specify? All you have to do is check the /storage directory. If you mean to use it for software installation (APP2SD etc) that is not possible. Only one partition can be mounted as "SD Card" and in this setup it's your external SD card. The internal storage becomes just a part of your file system. (You can reverse them if you want though by setting mmcblk1p1 to /mnt/sdcard and mmcblk0p1 to /storage.)

Guest Numinas

What exactly do you mean by not recognizing? The setup he gave you should work 100%. You do know that with this setup the internal storage is mounted as /storage and can be used with an android file explorer or by software that can read/write to directories you specify? All you have to do is check the /storage directory. If you mean to use it for software installation (APP2SD etc) that is not possible. Only one partition can be mounted as "SD Card" and in this setup it's your external SD card. The internal storage becomes just a part of your file system. (You can reverse them if you want though by setting mmcblk1p1 to /mnt/sdcard and mmcblk0p1 to /storage.)

I try to explore the directory with "ES Gestore Files" that is an Androis files explorer, but the only directory that I can see is /SD Card, there are no others...I don't know why, the configuration that I set it's right for me to...

Btw, can you suggest me an app that allow me to explore /storage and /SD Card directory for sure? As I say I use "ES Gestore Files" and this allow me to see only /SD Card directory...I don't think, but may be that this program is not appropriate for such task...

Edited by Numinas

Guest Nelson Neoh

From your case, since you are booting the device through SD, so your startup.txt and herat.exe is on your SD card.

Thus, you need not to mount the /sdcard as your sdcard but change it to mount the Internal Storage (ext4).

Further thinking, since you are using SD to boot your device, the Internal Storage (ext4) is no longer required.

It is only required when someone wish to boot the phone through Internal Storage.

Just a friendly advice:

You need to spend some time to study the mounting of Linux. :)

You will have more flexibility while customizing your phone partitions.

------------------

So the solution is: change the RED part will do. And it will use your Internal Storage (ext4) as SDCARD.

Startup.txt = mmcblk1p2

fstab = mmcblk1p3

init.rc = mmcblk1p2 /sdcard , mmcblk1p1 /storage

-------------------

Edited by Nelson Neoh

can u explain how to install cox its chiness not able to translate the readme file

what to do

1. Backup!!!

2. Extract the o2auto directory to the root of 'My Storage' on your o2

3. Run haret.exe from the directory in the o2

4. Wait until it finishes and restarts

5. Run haret.exe from the root of 'My Storage'

Guest shoarmabakpao

My Omnia2Cyanogenmod does not boot anymore :(

Before the not booting happend it said launcherpro.acore has crashed and it kept saying that. I then shut it of via android. Then when powering Android on it does say 'Android Loading On Omnia 2" but after that the screen stays black and after a while it vibrates like normal and then it showed me only my statusbar for 10 seconds. Then the screen went black and it froze. I tried to boot for more then 10 times! It keeps happening!

Is it because of my SD Card? Could my 6 year old 2GB SD card be damaged?

Guest Nelson Neoh

My Omnia2Cyanogenmod does not boot anymore :(

Before the not booting happend it said launcherpro.acore has crashed and it kept saying that. I then shut it of via android. Then when powering Android on it does say 'Android Loading On Omnia 2" but after that the screen stays black and after a while it vibrates like normal and then it showed me only my statusbar for 10 seconds. Then the screen went black and it froze. I tried to boot for more then 10 times! It keeps happening!

Is it because of my SD Card? Could my 6 year old 2GB SD card be damaged?

Since this version is still in BETA, there is possible it could damage due to unexpected reboot or crashes.

I did experienced 3 times in passed release.

The way to check is:

1. Backup your existing files in SD card to PC.

2. Full erase the card (is not necessary but better to do so)

3. Reinstall the whole system.

If it can boot after the workout, then it is confirmed something in your passed system was corrupted.

Copy back any necessary things from your backup and be happy with fresh system...

Good luck.

It's not my work. ggwfnh improved it.

Update. ggwfnh improvement works. THX

Needed two restarts for it to be OK.

First issues encountered:

1. Camera reports No sd card. System reports only 770MB of which 300MB free.

2. Browser is not working. Crashes on start.

3. Bar-code reader does not auto focus the camera and therefore not usable.

1. 加油啊 老大们 款款更新啊。。。。
it's OK for you to put down any language UNLESS you have also the English ver. here (a stupid web translation would still be a good try). That's the respect other members deserved by having a fair chance to communicate

It's b**l s**t if noone can understand what you're trying to say

Edited by Job21

Guest korea555

perfekt work. many thanks to the devs.

Only wish is to have a automatic installer for internal storage.

I tried to install manually like descriped, I prepared the partitions as described, did the rename

and started installandroid.exe. Install starts and ends but when rebooting phone stops at "Android is installing on Omnia2 ..." and this never ends ....

Edited by korea555

I tried to install manually like descriped, I prepared the partitions as described, did the rename

and started installandroid.exe. Install starts and ends but when rebooting phone stops at "Android is installing on Omnia2 ..." and this never ends ....

read the post #1 carefully, key - partition

Guest s jithu

few apps not able to install talking tom cat . glow hockey , and some others too , after downloading while installing error appears that

"couidn't install to usb storage or sd card ... ????

in setting app location is automatic

can some one explain please

Edited by s jithu

Guest aafi-rocks

You may also take a look at the Video tutorial below for step by step instructions on how to install in internal memory using ubuntu

http://windows.modaco.com/topic/349381-video-tutorial-how-to-install-android-in-internal-memory-using-ubuntu/

how do i update cm_beta and where do i have to put the files? i installed it in internal storage

and my init.rc is

# mount vfat /dev/block/mmcblk1p2 /system/sd

# mount vfat /dev/block/mmcblk0p5 /sdcard

chown system system /mnt/sdcard

chmod 0777 /mnt/sdcard

# mount vfat /dev/block/mmcblk1p1 /storage

startup.txt :

Set CMDLINE "rootdelay=2 root=/dev/mmcblk1p2 init=/init console=ttySAC2,115200 vmalloc=256M"

Guest Numinas

From your case, since you are booting the device through SD, so your startup.txt and herat.exe is on your SD card.

Thus, you need not to mount the /sdcard as your sdcard but change it to mount the Internal Storage (ext4).

Further thinking, since you are using SD to boot your device, the Internal Storage (ext4) is no longer required.

It is only required when someone wish to boot the phone through Internal Storage.

Just a friendly advice:

You need to spend some time to study the mounting of Linux. :)

You will have more flexibility while customizing your phone partitions.

------------------

So the solution is: change the RED part will do. And it will use your Internal Storage (ext4) as SDCARD.

Startup.txt = mmcblk1p2

fstab = mmcblk1p3

init.rc = mmcblk1p2 /sdcard , mmcblk1p1 /storage

-------------------

Thx a lot mate, it work now! May be that the older setting was good too, I discover that the program I was using like "directory explorer" was not good for this..even with the last configuration you suggest me, if I try to explore directory with "ES Gestore Files", the internal storage partition there isn't, appear only the external SD...but with the other program "Root Explorer" I can see all 3 partition, Swap, Internal Storage and External SD! ;)

So if I want mount the Internal Storage as SD for the apps installation, what the correct setup is? I try to invert values and other combination but without luck :(

init.rc = mmcblk1p1 /sdcard , mmcblk1p2 /storage (Recognize only the external SD card)

init.rc = mmcblk0p1 /sdcard , mmcblk1p1 /storage (SD is External SD, Storage is Internal Storage) the same of init.rc = mmcblk1p2 /sdcard , mmcblk1p1 /storage

init.rc = mmcblk1p1 /sdcard , mmcblk0p1 /storage (Recognize only the external SD card)

Another question: Gen Y Dual Boot work only if I have Herat.exe and Startup.txt in the External SD? It's not possible to make it boot from the Herat.exe present in the Internal Storage Partition?

Many thx for your help bro! ;)

Edited by Numinas

Guest nikkotsoi

No. Maybe You are using some tweaks which modify swapiness paramater?

i am not sure,, i think it is not working but not modified, how can i check whether the swap is working or not

thx for your help