[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

Guest voyteckst

Guest Bassvix

Like me, tutorial says to rename My Storage to sdcard, but Linux (Ubuntu) for me not accepts this, after rename partition to sdcard it rename to upper case, we can´t rename to lower case.

nope I dont have an SD card

but trying on other forums says that I have to change that too

doesnt work either

and I really dont know what do you mean about logs?

the installation make logs files? or I have to make myself?

Guest jigzopuzzle

Hi everyone, smile.gif

I've just recently installed android (not CyanogenMod) to 'my storage', now I would like to try to install this mod instead. I'm thinking of hard resetting my phone first so that I can start from scratch, so I was wondering, if I hard reset my phone, will it reset everything back to the factory setting? for example, the partition created in 'my storage', will it be removed/uninstalled/deleted and be reverted back to its previous default condition?...

I sincerely apologize if my question seems noob-ish or has been posted before, never had any experience tinkering with my phone before...

Guest Abhiraj4

Hi all ... i have a bluetooth handsfree...

i can make calls over it.... but Can anyone tell how do i play Media over it(Music).... I used to do this on galaxy s..

Or if there is any app for it???

Everything is working fine for me, except that I can not send any SMS to other countries. My home network is in Austria, SMS to other networks in Austria are fine. WinMo SMS work as expected. Any ideas?

Guest korea555

ok, I managed to install Android on My Storage. But now I have a startup.txt and also a startup.txt~

what does this mean ? what do I have to change ?

thanks for help.

ok, I managed to install Android on My Storage. But now I have a startup.txt and also a startup.txt~

what does this mean ? what do I have to change ?

thanks for help.

it's out of topic.. you can omit file with "txt~" extention..just stick with "txt" files.. :)

'txt~' files is the "backup" files if you edit the "txt" file in linux

Hi,l i've used ported version of Android in other WinMo devices (maily old HTCs ) Now I have an OMNIA 2 in my hands and afer ROM flashing I'm testing Android , this version works fine, specially Nice the CM port, but i have a little problem with Wifi, I cannot get it working with WEP enabled APs.

Without WEP wifi wokrs perfect, but after I enable (in the AP) it it always goes conected, disconected, conected, diconected

I've tried with Froyo Beta 3 and CM beta 1 with same results in all cases, even after all updates and fixes

I'm no having any other issue with Wifi jus with WEP

I'm missing somethig? Is there any special configuration should use?

i've also tried this but stil not working

Thanks in advance

Edited by elhozo

Guest erikcas

I can not wait when the update is rolleyes.gifblink.gif

Besides the fact you should seat yourself closer to your computer to avoid using big fonts, what do you expect from "the update"?

Guest krispie

Installed CyanogenMod Beta1 last weekend and I really quite like it. A couple things seem to be buggy but otherwise it is great.

Here are the things I found to be not right

• WiFi eats battery like crazy . I would not make it though the day if I had it on all the time. Windows OS is not much better but I can make it through the day.
  • Camera focus is out. It is fine with Windows 6.5
  • Two random reboots in the past week
  • Interface gets laggy as I go through the day. If I reboot it is quick and responsive again.

I am really pleased with this mod and can't wait for other updates.

Installed CyanogenMod Beta1 last weekend and I really quite like it. A couple things seem to be buggy but otherwise it is great.

Here are the things I found to be not right

• WiFi eats battery like crazy . I would not make it though the day if I had it on all the time. Windows OS is not much better but I can make it through the day.
  • Camera focus is out. It is fine with Windows 6.5
  • Two random reboots in the past week
  • Interface gets laggy as I go through the day. If I reboot it is quick and responsive again.

I am really pleased with this mod and can't wait for other updates.

Yea..Camer focus is really rubbish..Not only wifi but internet conection is eating battery like a hell

Guest shoarmabakpao

Yea..Camer focus is really rubbish..Not only wifi but internet conection is eating battery like a hell

New camera drivers are under development (see page 1) It will get alot better if the driver is done.

Guest krispie

Question for all you experts. I installed CM to see it would work so I did the SD install. Is it better to have the OS installed on "my storage" or on the SD card? I would think My Storage would be quicker as it is internal

Cheers,

krispin

Guest nikkotsoi

you can get the camera in focus by changing focusing mode

(auto>infinity>macro>auto)

both auto / macro can works well

I suggest using camera zoom fx as it can assign a button for quick changing of focusing modes :)

Just a hint:

Since I installed Watchdog and running it in background letting it check CPU consumption every now and then, my OMNIA II runs much more stable. No SOD since then and only one restart.

Also battery consumption is reduced. Over night with all communcation devices switched off (flight mode), battery went down from 97% to only 95%! This is really a big improvement.

Edited by Mizar

Guest Sinistersky

haha...we broke ours screen about same time.....i fixed my few days ago....and happy to hear that you also got it fixed .....so how much did it cost ?

it wasn't as expensive as i expected it to be... so basically... the system has less lags than on 2.1?

Guest acsel10

Hello, I use the CM beta now for over a month and I think the work done by developers has been hard but very positive. Android is fully usable ...

Apart from the lack of responsiveness of the touchscreen (which I believe derives precisely from the hardware to Omnia, since even with WM does) the only critical thing, hoping that the developers did not have to hurt, is the fact that GPS is given to the topic solved, or so it seems. The GPS does not work for me and many others. It 'been made clear several times that the problem was based on phone module by default and ok, but then why say that the slow GPS fix first and then faster if it is never the fix.

I repeat, is a note and I do not want to annoy anyone, just that if you have not solved a problem that still exists even on the phone using WM, it would be enough only to admit it.

That said I am happy and thank you for Android on my omnia.

I hope for future improvements if the project is still open.

Guest marios32

@dev's

Please don't forget to add DSPManager when making the next build ^_^

I approve this message 100 % ;)

It would be a really really nice addition :)