[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

Guest voyteckst

Guest shoarmabakpao

menu -> add network ?

Hey!

How about putting this script in our Omnia 2's?

see this link:

http://forum.xda-dev...ad.php?t=991276

Mabey it is to your liking =)

Also this script?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1267945

It says It can improve a lot of things but he did say he only tested it on 2.3.7 so it might not work on froyo =(

I just want help as much as I can to make our Omnia 2's faster =)

Edited by shoarmabakpao

Guest rom_omnia2

Hi that sounds very interesting.

Is there a way to get the kernel and the modules? Or may these changes be applyed to the cyanogen-mod?

And are they compiled for omnia2 gt-i8000?

I'll not share because isn't stable and there's some functions disabled to the kernel don't be that big. And yes, i'm using it at CyanogenMod, and it's for our Omnia I-8000.

I can share the kernel ".config" file if someone want to compile it. I had some problems when compiling, had to download some missing files from iptables source. At least that's how i did, of course that i may be done something wrong and this files wasn't necessary.

Guest nikkotsoi

battery Drain is very High even without data!!.

what do u do on the phone ?

i call two- three times

and sms more than 20

morning 7am till night 10pm

still 43 %

Guest ipaq3870

Anyone got problem with call waiting?

There's no call waiting indicator whatsoever, be it visual, beep, or vibrate when a 2nd call phones in while a 1st call is in progress (even after I turned on the Vibrate on Call Waiting setting.)

And the 2nd call would abruptly get connected immediately after the 1st call ends, without presenting a prompt or dialog whether if I want to accept it.

For most cases, the 2nd caller usually get disconnected because there's no way to know there's a call waiting while I am still talking to the first caller. No missed call log for the 2nd call, too.

Guest erikcas

quite same but still drain is high

16 hrs without cable now on same phone type and same android as you are (omnia pro instead of omnia II. Are you in the wrong forum?). I think you are playing with settings?

Guest gauravv

16 hrs without cable now on same phone type and same android as you are (omnia pro instead of omnia II. Are you in the wrong forum?). I think you are playing with settings?

thats y asked you about tat in omnia pro forum i thought diff.in two phone may be ....no tweaking everything standard!

Guest erikcas

thats y asked you about tat in omnia pro forum i thought diff.in two phone may be ....no tweaking everything standard!

I answered in the omnia pro forum. I think that is the forum to discuss this for omnia pro. Keep in mind that kernel settings slightly differ from omnia II so you cannot discuss it here, because (as we say in dutch) you are comparing apples to pears.

Guest gauravv

I answered in the omnia pro forum. I think that is the forum to discuss this for omnia pro. Keep in mind that kernel settings slightly differ from omnia II so you cannot discuss it here, because (as we say in dutch) you are comparing apples to pears.

haha okay sir :)

Guest shoarmabakpao

How to make a update file?

Like what do I need to name it?

I implemented alot of tweaks which make the GUI alot snappier. The phone is flying!

The thing is, I do not know how to make a update file for CM Beta 2 =S

Guest shockwavenl

I know how to install it.

only thing i need is the startup.txt

the startup.txt that is with the automatic installer is missing some lines i had in the previous beta.

I still have that one, but what do i have to add to this?

Set kernel zImage

Set ramsize 180*1024*1024

Set mtype 1626

Set ramaddr 0x50000000

Set kernelcrc 1

Set CMDLINE "rootdelay=2 root=/dev/mmcblk1p6 init=/init console=ttySAC2,115200 vmalloc=256M"

setbitp 0x7F008808 5 1

pfw 0x7f005800 4 0x3

pfw 0x7f005804 4 0x805

pfw 0x7f005808 4 0x7

pfw 0x7f00580c 4 0x0

pfw 0x7f005828 4 0x11

pfw 0x7f00582c 4 0x80

boot

that is my startup.txt, what does it need more?

please respond fast coz i cant even boot droid anymore, somehow it just hangs again on the loading screen (cm1)

Guest nikkotsoi

I implemented alot of tweaks which make the GUI alot snappier. The phone is flying!

i think the auto update file in cm beta 2 is notworking =[

can u share the modified file directly and let the devs to help ?

Guest gauravv

make a normal tar.gz file and rename it ext4 and start auto install from o2beta............and share file and what tweaks you made ;)

Guest erikcas

In ubuntu, make a directory call it update or something, and put the files and directorystructure in the update directory. Don't forget to ensure that files and dirs have proper permissions.

cd to the update directory and put the following command:

sudo tar cpvfz ../cm_o2_update.tar.gz ./

the cm_o2_update will be in the directory above the updatedirectory, so to see it do

cd ..

ls -l cm_o2_update.tar.gz

and you will see it

to copy to my storage, plug in your phone wait till my storage is mounted

then: cp cm_o2_update.tar.gz /media/<whatever the name of my storage>

unmount and boot

If you don't succeed, send me files I will make it for you

make a normal tar.gz file and rename it ext4 and start auto install from o2beta............and share file and what tweaks you made ;)

That is not update, ext4.tar.gz is for install-image

Edited by erikcas

Guest gauravv

In ubuntu, make a directory call it update or something, and put the files and directorystructure in the update directory. Don't forget to ensure that files and dirs have proper permissions.

cd to the update directory and put the following command:

sudo tar cpvfz ../cm_o2_update.tar.gz ./

the cm_o2_update will be in the directory above the updatedirectory, so to see it do

cd ..

ls -l cm_o2_update.tar.gz

and you will see it

to copy to my storage, plug in your phone wait till my storage is mounted

then: cp cm_o2_update.tar.gz /media/<whatever the name of my storage>

unmount and boot

If you don't succeed, send me files I will make it for you

That is not update, ext4.tar.gz is for install-image

but it works ;) in o2 cm beta 2...i tested it and made keys work

Guest shoarmabakpao

- ALWAYS BACK UP FIRST!

- ONLY USE THE FRAMEWORK IF YOU REALLY WANT TO SEE ICS 4.0 ANIMATIONS! I MESSED UP WITH THE

NOTIFICATION BAR SO IT DOES NOT LOOK VERY PRETTY!!

- PLEASE GIVE FEEDBACK!

Here you go!

Credits to the original developers that worked on it.

The TweaksOmnia2.rar has all of them compiled into one .rar

For the people that want the ICS 4.0 animations, just install my framework-res.apk

It works flawless on my Omnia 2.

Also install ChainFire 3D (I recommend buying it from the Android Market!)

Install all the the program and then choose 'Reduce Texture Quality' and 'Reduce texture size'

You won't notice a different in quality =)

You will notice a speed increase =)

I use ADW Launcher EX with a free ICS theme from the market. At presets select DEFAULT and with the ICS theme enable it. Make sure when you enter the appdrawer that the background does NOT turn dark since you need to disable that by looking through the settings. Then it will be extremely fast, even with all the animations on =D

____

I still need a way to easily modify the minfree settings so I can enable better multitasking.

JonathanRasaTweaksOmnia2.rar

Framework-res_and_bootlogo.rar

Edited by shoarmabakpao

- ALWAYS BACK UP FIRST!

- ONLY USE THE FRAMEWORK IF YOU REALLY WANT TO SEE ICS 4.0 ANIMATIONS! I MESSED UP WITH THE

NOTIFICATION BAR SO IT DOES NOT LOOK VERY PRETTY!!

- PLEASE GIVE FEEDBACK!

Here you go!

Credits to the original developers that worked on it.

The TweaksOmnia2.rar has all of them compiled into one .rar

For the people that want the ICS 4.0 animations, just install my framework-res.apk

It works flawless on my Omnia 2.

Also install ChainFire 3D (I recommend buying it from the Android Market!)

Install all the the program and then choose 'Reduce Texture Quality' and 'Reduce texture size'

You won't notice a different in quality =)

You will notice a speed increase =)

I use ADW Launcher EX with a free ICS theme from the market. At presets select DEFAULT and with the ICS theme enable it. Make sure when you enter the appdrawer that the background does NOT turn dark since you need to disable that by looking through the settings. Then it will be extremely fast, even with all the animations on =D

____

I still need a way to easily modify the minfree settings so I can enable better multitasking.

how to install it shall i directly extract it to the system folder

Guest shoarmabakpao

how to install it shall i directly extract it to the system folder

For the tweaks. First back-up the files you want to replace if needed. If you do not need to replace anything, then just do copy/paste

I made maps of the files. Just follow the maps and paste it there.

For the framework-res.apk

Copy it to system/framework/

Make a back up first if desired. =)

Guest shoarmabakpao

oh no my android is not booting anymore

Try to copy the files again. I had those problems before aswell and that was because Ubuntu did not copy the files... Because I connected my phone and checked the file and saw that they were 0 bytes (thus they were not copied...)

So try again. Sometimes copying does not work right =S

Guest nikkotsoi

Try to copy the files again. I had those problems before aswell and that was because Ubuntu did not copy the files... Because I connected my phone and checked the file and saw that they were 0 bytes (thus they were not copied...)

So try again. Sometimes copying does not work right =S

i did it with root explorer .,,,

ubuntu said i don't have the permission =[

what can i do ?

Guest shoarmabakpao

i did it with root explorer .,,,

ubuntu said i don't have the permission =[

what can i do ?

I assume that you tried to put my framework-res.apk in it? Am I right? :P I did that silly action aswell once and then my android did not boot :P soooo see below on how to do it right.

at terminal, type: gksudo nautilus

That will open a new window that has ROOT permissions. Now you can copy/paste my files with the new root window. It is just like replacing it normally but now you have root permissions =)

Edited by shoarmabakpao