[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

Guest voyteckst

I'll not share because isn't stable and there's some functions disabled to the kernel don't be that big. And yes, i'm using it at CyanogenMod, and it's for our Omnia I-8000.

I can share the kernel ".config" file if someone want to compile it. I had some problems when compiling, had to download some missing files from iptables source. At least that's how i did, of course that i may be done something wrong and this files wasn't necessary.

Thanks for this offer but im not that firm in compiling. so this is no way for me.

It would be nice if there is iptable-support by a kernel that is in a updatepackage.

I hope this will be soon.

Guest gauravv

I changed those value's from android's inner working =)

The last 3 value's are: 2048, 3068, 4068

I can multi-task like mad chickens and my overal performance is very good (thanks to the tweaks I put in, see above post for the link)

tweaks working nice :) b7610

Guest marios32

Phone cant find Chainfire3D app in market and i went in browser, it says its not compatible!!! :huh:

@shoarmabakpao

You said that you messed up with the framework a little bit. Is it fixed now ? Should i try it without chainfire3D ? Should i try to find an apk of it and install anyway ? :)

Guest shoarmabakpao

Phone cant find Chainfire3D app in market and i went in browser, it says its not compatible!!! :huh:

@shoarmabakpao

You said that you messed up with the framework a little bit. Is it fixed now ? Should i try it without chainfire3D ? Should i try to find an apk of it and install anyway ? :)

Yes, if you want you can also search for that chainfire APK. I do recommend using my tweaks with Chainfire and then for the launcher you need to tick Reduce Texture size and Reduce Texture Quality.

I use ADW Launcher EX with ICS 4.0 Theme and the quality did not go down. With my tweaks and chainfire the launcher is completely lagfree for me =D

SHOARMABAKPAOframework-res.rar

Edited by shoarmabakpao

Guest problematika

Guys I have a serious problem. Cant do a new fresh installation again. I had problems with wi-fi and manage to install andorid again (on my storage). Now I repeat same process for clean installation and can boot android at all. I made everything (like i didi 1. time) - ext4/fat32/swap...and made a tweaks in vold.fstab (0 -> 1 and in the and of line 0-> 1), then in init.rc make change (from mmcblk1p5 to mmcblk0p1), then create a fstab (256 MB). Change in startup.txt to mmcblk0p1, and run haret....then nothing...for a 30 mins. Then I tried to change in startup.txt to 0p2 (I remove my sd card, since I have it) no help, same thing. Then flesh original rom, then Rapids rom (jj1), did same tweaks, repeat same things, no help...cant boot Android. Any suggestion. I think that problem lying in partitions... Now im remove my sd card from phone and try again, but no positive results. Can anybody help me with suggestion? Maybe im wrong named partiotions or something...have no idea. Help?

Edit:

this is short changes i did:

sudo tar zxvf ext4.tar.gz -C /media/system

vold.fstab : s3c-sdhci.1/.../mmc1

init.rc: mmcblk0p1

fstab:

sudo touch /media/system/system/etc/fstab

sudo chmod 666 /media/system/system/etc/fstab

sudo echo /dev/block/mmcblk1p3 swap swapdefaults 0 0 > /media/system/system/etc/fstab

Edited by problematika

Guest nikkotsoi

Yes, if you want you can also search for that chainfire APK. I do recommend using my tweaks with Chainfire and then for the launcher you need to tick Reduce Texture size and Reduce Texture Quality.

I use ADW Launcher EX with ICS 4.0 Theme and the quality did not go down. With my tweaks and chainfire the launcher is completely lagfree for me =D

actually does this framework.apk affects the performance ?

because i like the original theme more...

also is the minfree tweak included in your tweaks ?

thanks for your help

Guest erikcas
Guys I have a serious problem. Cant do a new fresh installation again. I had problems with wi-fi and manage to install andorid again (on my storage). Now I repeat same process for clean installation and can boot android at all. I made everything (like i didi 1. time) - ext4/fat32/swap...and made a tweaks in vold.fstab (0 -> 1 and in the and of line 0-> 1), then in init.rc make change (from mmcblk1p5 to mmcblk0p1), then create a fstab (256 MB). Change in startup.txt to mmcblk0p1, and run haret....then nothing...for a 30 mins. Then I tried to change in startup.txt to 0p2 (I remove my sd card, since I have it) no help, same thing. Then flesh original rom, then Rapids rom (jj1), did same tweaks, repeat same things, no help...cant boot Android. Any suggestion. I think that problem lying in partitions... Now im remove my sd card from phone and try again, but no positive results. Can anybody help me with suggestion? Maybe im wrong named partiotions or something...have no idea. Help?

Edit:

this is short changes i did:

sudo tar zxvf ext4.tar.gz -C /media/system

vold.fstab : s3c-sdhci.1/.../mmc1

init.rc: mmcblk0p1

fstab:

sudo touch /media/system/system/etc/fstab

sudo chmod 666 /media/system/system/etc/fstab

sudo echo /dev/block/mmcblk1p3 swap swapdefaults 0 0 > /media/system/system/etc/fstab

I should reorder the partitions. First partition fat32. Second ext4, third swap. And change startup accordingly.

Storage is mounted in loadmod in latest beta, so no need for playing around in init.rc

Guest shoarmabakpao

actually does this framework.apk affects the performance ?

because i like the original theme more...

also is the minfree tweak included in your tweaks ?

thanks for your help

No the framework.apk does not affect the performance. It just has the Android 4.0 Animations inside it and a little theme I came up with :P

No, the lower minfree settings for good multitasking are not included in it as I am still testing it out.

No problem =)

Do someone have a Mytubo? Cause I have quite big problems with autofocus of camera..It just dont wan to focus at all..sometimes on android default camera, it's impossible to focus too..Is there some AF? because sometimes, it seems like it doesnt work at all

Guest marios32

I did everything said in that post. I got a 3.3 apk version of chainfire on the net and it seems to work well with ADW Launcher EX and no quality loss too. :D

But i got to ask. What there did you use ? As the only free one that i found to like is this

Guest shoarmabakpao

I did everything said in that post. I got a 3.3 apk version of chainfire on the net and it seems to work well with ADW Launcher EX and no quality loss too. :D

But i got to ask. What there did you use ? As the only free one that i found to like is this

I think you asked for the ICS Theme.

--> CLICK ME ! :D ICS 4.0 theme XD

That is it.

Be sure to not enable the full theme. Go to ADW Launcher EX settings->Themes Preferences->then select the Icons only!

If you do not do that, then it will change entire ADW Launcher EX to ICS which gives some lag due to some weird new animation!!

And thanks for trying out my tweaks =) Did it improve performance for you?

Edited by shoarmabakpao

Guest marios32

I think you asked for the ICS Theme.

--> CLICK ME ! :D ICS 4.0 theme XD

That is it.

Be sure to not enable the full theme. Go to ADW Launcher EX settings->Themes Preferences->then select the Icons only!

If you do not do that, then it will change entire ADW Launcher EX to ICS which gives some lag due to some weird new animation!!

And thanks for trying out my tweaks =) Did it improve performance for you?

Yes it did, ADW was almost flawless. I will try the icons out but since i saw this lockscreen i fell in love :wub: and i need go launcher ex to use it(with go locker)

Also i don't really like ADW cause of the dock being always up and the shape of it generally .(i am used to launcher pro i guess :P)

Edited by marios32

Guest shoarmabakpao

Yes it did, ADW was almost flawless. I will try the icons out but since i saw this lockscreen i fell in love :wub: and i need go launcher ex to use it(with go locker)

Also i don't really like ADW cause of the dock being always up and the shape of it generally .(i am used to launcher pro i guess :P)

I was fed up with Launcher Pro Sense. That's why I wanted something else so I ended up with ADW Launcher EX with ICS theme over it haha :P

Guest ring ring

I have exactly the same problem.

Downloaded several times also.

Probably, the tar file must be corrupt.

Using tar (GNU tar) 1.25.

I hope this isn't going to be a serious problem.

Hi, I don't know if this can be flagged as Linux problem or is a tar problem.

I tried to use the automatic install on internal storage, I created and formated the partitions, rename the file, etc. following the instructions, and the install failed, and because I didn't saw the error I tried the manual install, following the steps in http://windows.modac...77#entry1829477

and when I try to untar the ext4.tar, I get the error "tar: A lone zero block at 343398", I'm using live ubuntu 11.10, just for information this are the last lines before the error :

xbin/rtcwake

xbin/cal

xbin/sqlite3

xbin/wc

xbin/bttest

system/app/LauncherPro.apk

system/app/Term.apk

loadmod.wm

system/lib/libsec-ril.so.wm

modules/dpram.ko.wm

tar: A lone zero block at 343398

I already formated several times and tried different sizes of the partitions, redownloaded the file, and still the same error.

TIA.

Guest shockwavenl

I have exactly the same problem.

Downloaded several times also.

Probably, the tar file must be corrupt.

Using tar (GNU tar) 1.25.

I hope this isn't going to be a serious problem.

just go on through the rest of the install it works when u get that error;)

Guest Ammarlo Yepez

hi guy, I have some time following the android theme for our phone, samsung omnia II, updating my phone, beta to beta, all in memory of the phone using ubuntu as a means of installation, seeing as it improves drastically with each of them.

but since the beta1 CyanogenMod, and could not use the phone's camera, shoot me error lockout, and the beta2 the same problem, someone managed to solve or just me, any advice not to use the apk of the chamber of the beta3 froyo that if I worked or not, any suggestions, or just wait for new driver for the camera. I AM FROM VENEZUELA

Edited by Ammarlo Yepez

Guest Ammarlo Yepez

Do someone have a Mytubo? Cause I have quite big problems with autofocus of camera..It just dont wan to focus at all..sometimes on android default camera, it's impossible to focus too..Is there some AF? because sometimes, it seems like it doesnt work at all

hi guy, I have some time following the android theme for our phone, samsung omnia II, updating my phone, beta to beta, all in memory of the phone using ubuntu as a means of installation, seeing as it improves drastically with each of them.

but since the beta1 CyanogenMod, and could not use the phone's camera, shoot me error lockout, and the beta2 the same problem, someone managed to solve or just me, any advice not to use the apk of the chamber of the beta3 froyo that if I worked or not, any suggestions, or just wait for new driver for the camera. I AM FROM VENEZUELA

Edited by Ammarlo Yepez

Guest Ammarlo Yepez

- ALWAYS BACK UP FIRST!

- ONLY USE THE FRAMEWORK IF YOU REALLY WANT TO SEE ICS 4.0 ANIMATIONS! I MESSED UP WITH THE

NOTIFICATION BAR SO IT DOES NOT LOOK VERY PRETTY!!

- PLEASE GIVE FEEDBACK!

Here you go!

Credits to the original developers that worked on it.

The TweaksOmnia2.rar has all of them compiled into one .rar

For the people that want the ICS 4.0 animations, just install my framework-res.apk

It works flawless on my Omnia 2.

Also install ChainFire 3D (I recommend buying it from the Android Market!)

Install all the the program and then choose 'Reduce Texture Quality' and 'Reduce texture size'

You won't notice a different in quality =)

You will notice a speed increase =)

I use ADW Launcher EX with a free ICS theme from the market. At presets select DEFAULT and with the ICS theme enable it. Make sure when you enter the appdrawer that the background does NOT turn dark since you need to disable that by looking through the settings. Then it will be extremely fast, even with all the animations on =D

____

I still need a way to easily modify the minfree settings so I can enable better multitasking.

Edited by Ammarlo Yepez

Guest erikcas

Why do you post the same question 3 times in a row?

Guest shoarmabakpao

Just try to use an older Camera.apk if it works.

If not wait till a DEV see's your post. Since I do not have any problem with my camera. Never had a single problem with it :S

Hello, i have problem with my android.

i'm using cm beta2 from some days, and today my android won't start.

The "o2droid" green boot screen is still restarting, and nothing more, i have to remove battery to start wimo.

How can i fix this, i have to re-install android?

Sorry for my english.

Guest shockwavenl

Hello, i have problem with my android.

i'm using cm beta2 from some days, and today my android won't start.

The "o2droid" green boot screen is still restarting, and nothing more, i have to remove battery to start wimo.

How can i fix this, i have to re-install android?

Sorry for my english.

bootloop, i think the best is to reinstall android indeedsad.gif