[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

Guest voyteckst

Guest Piotr Siegel

Yes, i saw this 64MB value. But in reserved_men.h there's also changes in some hex values, i thought it could be because of G3D changes (or even swap). But don't worry, it's just a test that i'm doing, i'll post the results soon if i notice any improvement. Thanks!

Did you have any success with the change?

I've changed RESERVED_G3D value, recompiled kernel, but I see no difference in available memory.

How to decrease amount of G3D memory. 128MB free for applications is really pain in the ass for me...

Guest RaymanLE

I have the same problem with the GPS. With froyo_beta2 the GPS fix was very fast. Now with CM2 i have no GPS fix. The apps GPS Test and GPS Aids are showing satellites, but without GPS fix. After 30 minutes of using the app GPS Test all GPS-Data are gone.

This is the same problem for me :-( GPS is not working. Any solutions?

Additionally I use a bluetooth GPS receiver, however the bluetooth connection to the GPS receiver stopps working randomly. All in all - not very satisfying :(

Guest hovensy

I would like to use dual boot to avoid booting in windows,

copied HARET.exe, startup.txt and zimage

I used Gen.Y dual boot but my phone was stocked at Android on omnia2 Loading screen...

I've searched the forums but they did not encounter this issue.

Please help... thanks in advance

Guest MrRinuxs
I would like to use dual boot to avoid booting in windows,

copied HARET.exe, startup.txt and zimage

I used Gen.Y dual boot but my phone was stocked at Android on omnia2 Loading screen...

I've searched the forums but they did not encounter this issue.

Please help... thanks in advance

Have you also installed Android self on the internal storage or on the SD-card? Just copy those files won't load Android!

See the first few post of this thread for the installation instructions.

Guest hovensy

Have you also installed Android self on the internal storage or on the SD-card? Just copy those files won't load Android!

See the first few post of this thread for the installation instructions.

of course I did... I'm not asking for instructions on how to dual boot.. I'm asking what could be the problem since when I run haret on My storage it works but with GenY Dual boot.. It doesn't work and was stucked at Loading Android on Omnia2 screen.

Guest MrRinuxs

of course I did... I'm not asking for instructions on how to dual boot.. I'm asking what could be the problem since when I run haret on My storage it works but with GenY Dual boot.. It doesn't work and was stucked at Loading Android on Omnia2 screen.

I'm currently using RapidBoot. Maybe you could give RapidBoot a try and undo your copy action.

Edited by MrRinuxs

Guest musicman1982

there is new update of openfimg for the i5700 spica

is it possible for us to use it ?

Hm,seems our phone have the same chip..Now i am try to learn how to compile android kernel,later i can give a try if i understand correctly.

Guest nikkotsoi

Hm,seems our phone have the same chip..Now i am try to learn how to compile android kernel,later i can give a try if i understand correctly.

Yes, the 3d driver we are using now is actually from the spica

i have asked tom3d

the developer of spica android

he said there is a lot of work and also need to be based on android 3.0

you can ask him if you really know a lot about it

looking foward to see it thx

Guest musicman1982

Yes, the 3d driver we are using now is actually from the spica

i have asked tom3d

the developer of spica android

he said there is a lot of work and also need to be based on android 3.0

you can ask him if you really know a lot about it

looking foward to see it thx

Android 3.0? Uhhm ?:( Not our business :( I just try to compile from source. I don't have programming skills and knowledge.

Guest erikcas
there is new update of openfimg for the i5700 spica

is it possible for us to use it ?

It is updated almost daily :)

And like mentioned it is developed for 'android 3.0' actually I think kernel 3.0 is meant. We are on kernel 2.6.32

I compiled and tried this one from tom3q but it is not working very well on omnia device. Lots of stripes instead of screen of when phone to sleep, green screen when rotating. So imo far away from usable for omnia devices.

Guest nikkotsoi

It is updated almost daily :)

And like mentioned it is developed for 'android 3.0' actually I think kernel 3.0 is meant. We are on kernel 2.6.32

I compiled and tried this one from tom3q but it is not working very well on omnia device. Lots of stripes instead of screen of when phone to sleep, green screen when rotating. So imo far away from usable for omnia devices.

oh sorry!

i just typed it wrong

yes, i meant linux 3.0 which means kernel 3.0 ?

It is for spica also for s3c6410..

Do we need so tweeks for our i8000 to use it ?

Maybe it 's just not that simple to make it working and we can only wait for our devs to do it :)

This is the same problem for me :-( GPS is not working. Any solutions?

Additionally I use a bluetooth GPS receiver, however the bluetooth connection to the GPS receiver stopps working randomly. All in all - not very satisfying :(

The following app works well with android CM2. See the attachment. Within 5 min , outdoor , I am getting the fix of gps.

I am getting no feedback at all:(( . Please click the lower right + button of the post, if it's helpful.

com.eclipsim.gpsstatus2-1.zip

Edited by bf5

Guest vakaloka

Hi there.

Since some weeks I'm experiencing some issues with wifi. It disconnects frequently, the ping is quite high(with an average of 80 ms or so from pc to mobile, when the average from pc to pc is 1ms, and also I cannot connect to an AP most of times, even if I reboot). I've tried to make a clean SD autoinstall twice, but the problem doesn't solve. I've also tried to delete wpa_supplicant.conf and some other conf as described in some posts, but without success.

I attach a complete logcat(the problem start around line 7397)

http://pastebin.com/zTKEid1b

then a logcat filtering wpa_supplicant events:

http://pastebin.com/SYvM0pZD

and a logcat filtering WifiStateTracker:

http://pastebin.com/geCqAwP9

any suggestions?

Guest vakaloka

Hi there.

Since some weeks I'm experiencing some issues with wifi. It disconnects frequently, the ping is quite high(with an average of 80 ms or so from pc to mobile, when the average from pc to pc is 1ms, and also I cannot connect to an AP most of times, even if I reboot). I've tried to make a clean SD autoinstall twice, but the problem doesn't solve. I've also tried to delete wpa_supplicant.conf and some other conf as described in some posts, but without success.

I attach a complete logcat(the problem start around line 7397)

http://pastebin.com/zTKEid1b

then a logcat filtering wpa_supplicant events:

http://pastebin.com/SYvM0pZD

and a logcat filtering WifiStateTracker:

http://pastebin.com/geCqAwP9

any suggestions?

Never mind, it seems to be a hardware issue

Guest wiifi26

HI, did anyone of you experience having problem using a 4 gig micro sd? mine kept saying there is a partition overlap and keeps on ending the installation.

Guest renanvolucion

Guys, i need you help!

I formated My Storgage like this:

1.SDCARD - FAT32 - 6.52 gb

2.system - Ext4 - 1 gb

2. Swap linux - 128 mb

When i put haret.exe, startup.exe and Zimage form FoyoBeta3 it works fine, but my phone signal don´t works.

When i use CMbeta1 or CMBeta2 it's don't works!

When i click in installandroid.exe he shows - " 'setbitp'=unknown command", run the script and after that friezing in black screen with just one white inderline at the begin.

I've already try to substitute haret.exe to installandroid.exe, Zimage foyobeta3 for cmbeta2 but it's friezing again!

Set kernel zImage

Set ramsize 180*1024*1024

Set mtype 1626

Set ramaddr 0x50000000

Set kernelcrc 1

Set CMDLINE "rootdelay=2 root=/dev/mmcblk1p2 init=/init console=ttySAC2,115200 vmalloc=256M"

setbitp 0x7F008808 5 1

pfw 0x7f005800 4 0x3

pfw 0x7f005804 4 0x805

pfw 0x7f005808 4 0x7

pfw 0x7f00580c 4 0x0

pfw 0x7f005828 4 0x11

pfw 0x7f00582c 4 0x80

boot

It's my startup.txt

Sorry, my english! :)

I Tried to install this on my T'Omnia II Korean Version, after running Haret, the screen stays pink, i tried to partition the SD Card with Fat32 and ext4, but it is still the same, stuck on Pink screen

I found the right ported Android for my Samsung T-Omnia II M715 Korean version,Working Android V2.2.2 Froyo-beta3 for SCH M710/M715(T*Omina2-Korean)&SPHM8400KTShow

but i still have problem

mmc1: new high speed sd card at address b368

mmcblk1: mc1:b368 0000 1.86 Gib

mmcblk1: p1

vfs: Mounted root (vfat Filesystem) on device

freeing init memory :144k

bfs cpu scheduler v0.310 by con kolivas

warning: unable to open an initial console.

Failed to execute /init. Attempting defaults

Kernel panic - not syncing: No init found.

Try passing init = option to kernel

Edited by Sjsl

Guest Nelson Neoh

Guys, i need you help!

I formated My Storgage like this:

1.SDCARD - FAT32 - 6.52 gb

2.system - Ext4 - 1 gb

2. Swap linux - 128 mb

When i put haret.exe, startup.exe and Zimage form FoyoBeta3 it works fine, but my phone signal don´t works.

When i use CMbeta1 or CMBeta2 it's don't works!

When i click in installandroid.exe he shows - " 'setbitp'=unknown command", run the script and after that friezing in black screen with just one white inderline at the begin.

I've already try to substitute haret.exe to installandroid.exe, Zimage foyobeta3 for cmbeta2 but it's friezing again!

Set kernel zImage

Set ramsize 180*1024*1024

Set mtype 1626

Set ramaddr 0x50000000

Set kernelcrc 1

Set CMDLINE "rootdelay=2 root=/dev/mmcblk1p2 init=/init console=ttySAC2,115200 vmalloc=256M"

setbitp 0x7F008808 5 1

pfw 0x7f005800 4 0x3

pfw 0x7f005804 4 0x805

pfw 0x7f005808 4 0x7

pfw 0x7f00580c 4 0x0

pfw 0x7f005828 4 0x11

pfw 0x7f00582c 4 0x80

boot

It's my startup.txt

Sorry, my english! :)

Before install other version, make sure you have clear all the passed data. They might conflict.

Format the partition you wish to install and redo the whole process again. If possible, use the Ubuntu way, it is much safer and trouble-less.

Wish you luck.

Guest WoodyNguyen

I Tried to install this on my T'Omnia II Korean Version, after running Haret, the screen stays pink, i tried to partition the SD Card with Fat32 and ext4, but it is still the same, stuck on Pink screen

I found the right ported Android for my Samsung T-Omnia II M715 Korean version,Working Android V2.2.2 Froyo-beta3 for SCH M710/M715(T*Omina2-Korean)&SPHM8400KTShow

but i still have problem

mmc1: new high speed sd card at address b368

mmcblk1: mc1:b368 0000 1.86 Gib

mmcblk1: p1

vfs: Mounted root (vfat Filesystem) on device

freeing init memory :144k

bfs cpu scheduler v0.310 by con kolivas

warning: unable to open an initial console.

Failed to execute /init. Attempting defaults

Kernel panic - not syncing: No init found.

Try passing init = option to kernel

------------

If you follow exactly the guide ...

And format your My Storage (Internal Storage) with three partition Fat32, Ext4, Linux swap with the specific amount (especially for Ext4) then GHOST M715_Android.gho

It will works

Guest chead

Hey, I have a question about Instagram..We have froyo 2.2.2 and on market, there is written that you need androir 2.2 or higher for Instagram. We have higher version but still It can be seen on market dunno why, so I downloaded it justl like .apk, instaled it and it works yes, but when I take some picture it says that app will shut down.

Guest erikcas
Hey, I have a question about Instagram..We have froyo 2.2.2 and on market, there is written that you need androir 2.2 or higher for Instagram. We have higher version but still It can be seen on market dunno why, so I downloaded it justl like .apk, instaled it and it works yes, but when I take some picture it says that app will shut down.

So that is why you can't download it from market. Because it is not compitable with omnia device