[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

Guest voyteckst

Guest xheretic

Thx for answers.

But did you some exact steps for speed-up a phone? Specific toggle in a menu? Sry for newbie question...I'm new to Android ;)

Guest shoarmabakpao

Thx for answers.

But did you some exact steps for speed-up a phone? Specific toggle in a menu? Sry for newbie question...I'm new to Android ;)

I installed some tweaks on my phone. It is not done by just a toggle in the menu haha. Wish it was that simple ^_^.

See this post: http://windows.modaco.com/topic/346446-cyanogenmod-beta2-omnia-2-updated-08022012/page__st__4700__p__1906772#entry1906772

You need to paste the tweaks in the same folder as made in my .rar file. You need to use an explorer that has root acces (something like root explorer). You could also do this by PC on linux but doing it by root explorer is very easy.

Guest chead

And what about apps? where is better/Faster to have them? On SD card or in the phone? Cause I was trying to do some tweaks in build.prop because of not working microphone in Viber. On XDA in forum about I9000 they sad, thaht when you rewrite GT-I9000 to SGH-I9000, it works. So I was trying to do the same with Omnia, but I saw only white screen, Android started but there was just white, anyone know why? And back to apps, phone somehow deleted all instaled apps on SD card and now it's like after clean install. So if I want to have some bigger apps, like fb, instagram etc. is it better to have them on a card or in a phone? Thx

Guest AoSra1n

Ok. Haven't been on this thread in a few months. Just updated to the latest version and was wondering if this is the optimal android set up (i.e. fastest and longest battery life).

1. Wiped SD card, and installed CM Beta 2

2. Applied the 2.6.32.9 Kernel

3. Copied the Tweaks

4. Installed Chainfire 3D and reduced texture size and quality

5. Battery saving measures: Turned off animation, decreased screen brightness, no widgets, 2G..etc

Anything else that I can or should do?

Edited by AoSra1n

Guest nikkotsoi

Ok. Haven't been on this thread in a few months. Just updated to the latest version and was wondering if this is the optimal android set up (i.e. fastest and longest battery life).

3. Copied the Tweaks

5. Battery saving measures: Turned off animation, decreased screen brightness, no widgets, 2G..etc

there is two more tweaks

one for faster boot

and another forgot

search it your self

they are published by the same member

Guest shoarmabakpao

there is two more tweaks

one for faster boot

and another forgot

search it your self

they are published by the same member

Hey! I just tried the modified kernel+it's modules. Now I got no network and I also got no WiFi now.

Did it work for you?

Guest synescu

Hey! I just tried the modified kernel+it's modules. Now I got no network and I also got no WiFi now.

Did it work for you?

I just deleted everything in /modules and I just put new ones without param.ko + new kernel.is fast and stable and l' got working wifi and network but I am not sure that this is the right way to do this Edited by synescu

Guest nikkotsoi

Did it work for you?

phone signal okay

but wifi not okay

even now i use the orginal kernel and modules

my wifi still fail

maybe i need to do a clean install again

Guest shoarmabakpao

I just deleted everything in /modules and I just put new ones without param.ko + new kernel.is fast and stable and l' got working wifi and network

Did your WiFi and network work without moddifiying anything yourself?

I am already for 2 months on CMBeta2 and I never reïnstalled it :o Just going to try out iPaq's kernel+modules now =)

EDIT: ipaq's kernel+modules made my phone go slow. It was alot faster with the stock kernel+modules. Mabey some of my own tweaks dont work with the new kernel?

Also my phone has no signal now. It just does not work. My WiFi on the otherhand does work.

EDIT2: I made it working! Just do this: rename cm_update_wm.sh script to cm_o2_update.sh re-run android and after update reboot.!

The phone is alot faster now! =) It just works like it should and it is snappier! Thank you ipaq!

Edited by shoarmabakpao

Guest nikkotsoi

Did your WiFi and network work without moddifiying anything yourself?

I am already for 2 months on CMBeta2 and I never reïnstalled it :o Just going to try out iPaq's kernel+modules now =)

EDIT: ipaq's kernel+modules made my phone go slow. It was alot faster with the stock kernel+modules. Mabey some of my own tweaks dont work with the new kernel?

Also my phone has no signal now. It just does not work. My WiFi on the otherhand does work.

EDIT2: I made it working! Just do this: rename cm_update_wm.sh script to cm_o2_update.sh re-run android and after update reboot.!

The phone is alot faster now! =) It just works like it should and it is snappier! Thank you ipaq!

how about wifi ?

Guest shoarmabakpao

how about wifi ?

Everything works fine for me which also includes WiFi =)

It is very snappy. I also got 128MB swap enabled and with swapper2 I put swappiness to 100MB. I got a Class 10 sd card so swapping goes very pretty fast. I can exit from angry birds space and within 2-3 seconds I am back to my launcher and that's without redrawing it! I disabled WiFi and went back to angry birds space and it went directly into the game without having to wait for it to load again ^_^

I am pretty pleased with it =) If the 2d/3d drivers were better, then we would certainly have a great device on android ^_^

I can multitask alot now ^_^ Whatsapp, opera mini, contacts, call app, settings, angry birds, Racing live, spotify, music player, sms-app and the launcher are the main apps that I use

The thing that bothers me is that the keyboard is sluggish on Whatsapp. Even after a reboot and with my ram+swap fully cleared with nothing running on the background, the keyboard still remains very slow on Whatsapp. After I typed a sentence and pressed enter and waited some time, then it starts work fast as normal.

Edited by shoarmabakpao

I just deleted everything in /modules and I just put new ones without param.ko + new kernel.is fast and stable and l' got working wifi and network

But I got SOD.

Guest shoarmabakpao

I just deleted all the files in modules and put all the new one in there except for param.ko

Copied the 2,7mb zImage from iPaq to the root of MyStorage (replaced the original one with iPaq's one)

I also renamed cm_update_wm.sh script to cm_o2_update.sh (which is located at the root of MyStorage) I did this to get my phone working which is used to make calls and text others.

Just make sure that all the files are copied right. I always double or even triple check it ^_^

Guest xheretic

It's sounds very interesting to me...maybe it would be great to make some guideline for others not-so-technical based users ;)

3. Copied the Tweaks

Because I'm stuck at step #4

I made an update to new Market as described here: http://windows.modac...55#entry1919655

But now my Market won't find "Chainfire 3d" And when I'm searching from my PC it tell me this: "This item is not compatible with your device"

What can I do now? Thx in advance!

Edited by xheretic

Guest shoarmabakpao

But I got SOD.

Is your launcer 'Go Launcher' or 'Go Launcher EX'?

I just tried out both launchers and both gave me SOD's =O

With ADW launcher and LauncherPro it works great though

Guest AoSra1n

It's sounds very interesting to me...maybe it would be great to make some guideline for others not-so-technical based users ;)

Because I'm stuck at step #4

I made an update to new Market as described here: http://windows.modac...55#entry1919655

But now my Market won't find "Chainfire 3d" And when I'm searching from my PC it tell me this: "This item is not compatible with your device"

What can I do now? Thx in advance!

Here are the basic steps that I do. You can apply the updates to the install package before you install but this way is simpler for most people.

Install Android on SD Card:

1. Format External SD card as primary fat32 with minitool partition wizard (windows)

2. Extract contents of cm_beta2.zip to My Storage

3. Run androidinstall.exe from o2beta folder in My Storage (will install android)

4. Run haret.exe from My Storage (will run android for first time). Once android has loaded up do the following...

Apply updates (I use ADB, because its quick. But i suppose you can use also use Root Explorer (free app) to delete/copy files):

5. 2.6.32.9 Kernel has two folders called 'modules' and 'sdcard'

--> Delete everything in /modules directory in android, and then copy everything in 'modules' folder into /modules
except
the file
param.ko

--> Copy
zimage
in 'sdcard' to My Storage and replace the zimage there.

Note: If you start haret.exe from another location, then you should also copy it there and replace the zimage.

6. JonathanRasaTweaksOmnia2.rar and download just the tweaks file (NOT the framework-res and bootlogo.rar). It has three folders called 'bin', 'etc', and 'xbin'

--> Copy everything in bin to /system/bin

--> Copy everything in etc to /system/etc

--> Copy everything in xbin to /system/xbin

7. Framework.zip is to fix call waiting problem. Has file framework.jar

--> Copy framework.jar into /system/framework and replace the existing file

8. Services.zip is to speed up boot time. Has file services.jar

--> Copy services.jar into /system/framework and replace the existing file

9. Delete everything in /data/dalvik-cache

10. Reboot phone immediately. It will take more time than usual to start up, dont worry.

11. If no phone signal, rename cm_update_wm.sh file in My Storage to cm_o2_update.sh then reboot twice. It will revert to windows phone signal part.

12. Install Chainfire3D. I downloaded it on my computer then copied it over to install. Just google it, its a free app.

--> Within the app, install CF3D Driver (it will automatically reboot)

--> Install Chainfire3D app again if after reboot you dont see Chainfire 3D in app drawer

--> In Default OpenGl settings check 'Reduce texture quality' and 'Reduce texture size'

13. Install 'Minfreemanager' and apply settings you want (or use preset).

14. Install 'SD Speed Increase' and set to recommended level (dont know if it really works though)

15. Install 'Swapper for Root' or 'Swapper2' and put how much swap you want (i dont do this though)

16. Update Market if you want

17. For smoothness and battery life i also disable auto-orientation, decrease brightness, turn off all animations, and switch to 2G

Thats it. All done. Android is super quick and battery life is around 2 days.

Only problem I face is it has no phone signal on some boots. I fix this by trying to toggle airplane mode (doesnt actually change) then reboot. Then again trying to toggle airplane mode and reboot. Usually on second boot i am successful. If anyone knows the solution, please tell me.

Edited by AoSra1n

Guest nikkotsoi

Only problem I face is it has no phone signal on some boots. I fix this by trying to toggle airplane mode (doesnt actually change) then reboot. Then again trying to toggle airplane mode and reboot. Usually on second boot i am successful. If anyone knows the solution, please tell me.

i got this problem too

bothering me

Guest nikkotsoi

anyone found using the new kernel wil cause some electric sound when listening to music through earphone?

especially when pressing the hardware buttons and typing

Guest lilfarhad94

after flashing the sdcard and open androidinstall.exe from o2beta

it says:

"error: the location 4194 is outside of the device /dev/block/mmcblk0

creating ext4 and swap partitions.

ext4 partition size: 1024 Mb

warning: you requested a partition from 2809mb to 3833mb.

the closest location we can manage is 3973mb to 3973mb.

is this still acceptable to you?

Yes/No?"

what's the problem?

pleas help me..

Guest nikkotsoi

after flashing the sdcard and open androidinstall.exe from o2beta

it says:

"error: the location 4194 is outside of the device /dev/block/mmcblk0

creating ext4 and swap partitions.

ext4 partition size: 1024 Mb

warning: you requested a partition from 2809mb to 3833mb.

the closest location we can manage is 3973mb to 3973mb.

is this still acceptable to you?

Yes/No?"

what's the problem?

pleas help me..

download minitool partition

backup all your stuffs in sd card

use the minitool partition to delelte all partition of the sd card

no need to recreate any

just leave it raw

enter the setup of android again

it should works,,

copy back the files in the sd card afterwards

Guest killoper

Here are the basic steps that I do. You can apply the updates to the install package before you install but this way is simpler for most people.

Install Android on SD Card:

1. Format External SD card as primary fat32 with minitool partition wizard (windows)

2. Extract contents of cm_beta2.zip to My Storage

3. Run androidinstall.exe from o2beta folder in My Storage (will install android)

4. Run haret.exe from My Storage (will run android for first time). Once android has loaded up do the following...

Apply updates (I use ADB, because its quick. But i suppose you can use also use Root Explorer (free app) to delete/copy files):

5. 2.6.32.9 Kernel has two folders called 'modules' and 'sdcard'

--> Delete everything in /modules directory in android, and then copy everything in 'modules' folder into /modules
except
the file
param.ko

--> Copy
zimage
in 'sdcard' to My Storage and replace the zimage there.

Note: If you start haret.exe from another location, then you should also copy it there and replace the zimage.

6. JonathanRasaTweaksOmnia2.rar and download just the tweaks file (NOT the framework-res and bootlogo.rar). It has three folders called 'bin', 'etc', and 'xbin'

--> Copy everything in bin to /system/bin

--> Copy everything in etc to /system/etc

--> Copy everything in xbin to /system/xbin

7. Framework.zip is to fix call waiting problem. Has file framework.jar

--> Copy framework.jar into /system/framework and replace the existing file

8. Services.zip is to speed up boot time. Has file services.jar

--> Copy services.jar into /system/framework and replace the existing file

9. Delete everything in /data/dalvik-cache

10. Reboot phone immediately. It will take more time than usual to start up, dont worry.

11. If no phone signal, rename cm_update_wm.sh file in My Storage to cm_o2_update.sh then reboot twice. It will revert to windows phone signal part.

12. Install Chainfire3D. I downloaded it on my computer then copied it over to install. Just google it, its a free app.

--> Within the app, install CF3D Driver (it will automatically reboot)

--> Install Chainfire3D app again if after reboot you dont see Chainfire 3D in app drawer

--> In Default OpenGl settings check 'Reduce texture quality' and 'Reduce texture size'

13. Install 'Minfreemanager' and apply settings you want (or use preset).

14. Install 'SD Speed Increase' and set to recommended level (dont know if it really works though)

15. Install 'Swapper for Root' or 'Swapper2' and put how much swap you want (i dont do this though)

16. Update Market if you want

17. For smoothness and battery life i also disable auto-orientation, decrease brightness, turn off all animations, and switch to 2G

Thats it. All done. Android is super quick and battery life is around 2 days.

My Omnia android doesnt run whit thits changes and updates. When is loading the phone vibrate but doesnt run.

Thanks for the good work. I installed android using an 8GB external SD card and it worked fine. But now I want to remove it and get the allocated space back to SD card. Currently when I connect the device to windows, it shows 2 GB of external SD. How can I format it and get the space back?

Guest ErcanPolat

I installed new kernel and modules on newly installed cm beta 2. I changed cm_update_wm.sh to sm_o2_update.sh. But no signal and no wifi. It seems more responsive than before. It will be better if o2droid deveopers help ipaq. Our phones getting older :)