[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

Guest voyteckst

Guest shoarmabakpao

Well my phone is dead T_T

It's a shame, I wanted to use this phone till Februari 2013!!!! Aargh :(

When I try to start my phone, it shows a battery icon that it is charging my phone. Then it gets all lines in it and the charging animation freezes up. I get all weird lines across my screen and the screen turns green/pink.

Can't even start it :(

Edited by shoarmabakpao

Guest erikcas
Well my phone is dead T_T

It's a shame, I wanted to use this phone till Februari 2013!!!! Aargh :(

When I try to start my phone, it shows a battery icon that it is charging my phone. Then it gets all lines in it and the charging animation freezes up. I get all weird lines across my screen and the screen turns green/pink.

Can't even start it :(

also on winmo or only android?

Guest rom_omnia2

Windows mobile. It just can't start up, nothing :(

This happend when I was using WINDOWS. This did not happen because of Android. I already was on Windows Mobile.

This photo is made by an LG GT540. My camera's shot was very bad, it got beaten by a budget phone T_T

Try a hard reset: http://www.modaco.co...0/#entry1190542

Omnia II Hard Reset

1. Turn OFF the phone;

2. Press VolumeUp and Lock buttons (do not release);

3. Press Call/Green and then HangUp/Red (do not release all buttons);

4. Phone should Vibrate and turn on;

5. Count to 3 and release all buttons;

You will have a choice to FORMAT or CANCEL the operation.

Edit: Ok, i guess it wouldn't work...

Edited by rom_omnia2

Guest dpspcdrgn

Can somebody please help me? I have spent the last 7 hours looking through the forums and trying everything to get cyanogen beta 2 installed on internal storage on my o2 (15gb) and I can not seem to get it to work. (I do not have an SD card and I can not afford one atm)

I had froyo beta working on my o2 a long time ago and I know how to do a manual install but I can't seem to get it to work. Is there no official manual install package for the beta 2? I have tried following the tutorials on the site but I still can't seem to get past that annoying 'checking for external SD' hang.

Thank you :)

Guest rom_omnia2

Can somebody please help me? I have spent the last 7 hours looking through the forums and trying everything to get cyanogen beta 2 installed on internal storage on my o2 (15gb) and I can not seem to get it to work. (I do not have an SD card and I can not afford one atm)

I had froyo beta working on my o2 a long time ago and I know how to do a manual install but I can't seem to get it to work. Is there no official manual install package for the beta 2? I have tried following the tutorials on the site but I still can't seem to get past that annoying 'checking for external SD' hang.

Thank you :)

Follow this guide.

In step 3, If you don't have a SDcard inserted you may need to change mmc block from "mmcblk1p2" to "mmcblk0p2".

Guest dpspcdrgn

Unfortunately I already tried that one.

The post says you should use froyobeta3 haret, etc. However the beta3 link (and the links for all the other files on the project page) throws a 404 and I can not find it anywhere else online.

I tried using the froyobeta1 files (haret, zimage, startup.txt) to no avail. It certainly gets me farther but I get some init loop at the end and then the phone just shuts off. :(

Guest rom_omnia2

Unfortunately I already tried that one.

The post says you should use froyobeta3 haret, etc. However the beta3 link (and the links for all the other files on the project page) throws a 404 and I can not find it anywhere else online.

I tried using the froyobeta1 files (haret, zimage, startup.txt) to no avail. It certainly gets me farther but I get some init loop at the end and then the phone just shuts off. :(

It's all right, instead of beta3 files you will use CMbeta2 files (ext4.tar.gz, haret.exe and zImage). Use this startup.txt:

Set kernel zImage

Set ramsize 180*1024*1024

Set mtype 1626

Set ramaddr 0x50000000

Set kernelcrc 1

Set CMDLINE "rootdelay=2 root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 init=/init console=ttySAC2,115200 vmalloc=256M"

setbitp 0x7F008808 5 1

pfw 0x7f005800 4 0x3

pfw 0x7f005804 4 0x805

pfw 0x7f005808 4 0x7

pfw 0x7f00580c 4 0x0

pfw 0x7f005828 4 0x11

pfw 0x7f00582c 4 0x80

boot

Guest dpspcdrgn

That did it! Thanks buddy! I was working on that all day and now it finally works! Yay!

Now can you help me get my Internal storage to map as my SDcard for the camera? (I get 'Please insert an SD card before using the camera' message.) :/

Guest shoarmabakpao

Try a hard reset: http://www.modaco.co...0/#entry1190542

Edit: Ok, i guess it wouldn't work...

I think the GPU of my phone is dead :(

But don't forget, I swum with my phone almost in Juni 2010. It was in lime water which was on a mountain in Turkey.

It was for around 20 minutes under water. That must have cause this. :( My phone is totally dead now =(

Edited by shoarmabakpao

Guest voyteckst

I think the GPU of my phone is dead :(

But don't forget, I swum with my phone almost in Juni 2010. It was in lime water which was on a mountain in Turkey.

It was for around 20 minutes under water. That must have cause this. :( My phone is totally dead now =(

Sorry for saying this, but it can be also an side effect of using ipaq's kernel modifications (if You used it). Of course it can be not connected, but...

Guest shoarmabakpao

Sorry for saying this, but it can be also an side effect of using ipaq's kernel modifications (if You used it). Of course it can be not connected, but...

I did use ipaq's kernel modification with the belonging modules. Only when using the standard music app on android I heard some stuttering but I think that, that was because of the phone clocking him too much down. On PowerAmp (also a music player) it did not stutter.

A year ago I got all over my screen weird green spots. That was when I was on Windows Mobile aswell. Yesterday, when I wanted to check the time, my screen was covered with green spots aswell which was also on Windows Mobile. I rebooted it, made a call and when I arrived home, my phone was shut down. Then it would not boot anymore so I decided to plug an charger to it. It first showed the normal charging animation but after 2 seconds it froze and began to get lines all over screen. Then it became green/pink and after around 3 minutes the screen was almost completely pink with all lines across the screen with here and there some green spots.

EDIT: The screen won't even show up now.

My laptop's GPU has big problems and it's like a magic box now. Sometimes it will boot (only Windows 8 works) and if I try to boot anything else, then it freezes and gets lines across the screen. Mabey my phone will magicly work in a month or so o_O But I won't rely on that anyway. For now my phone will be an Sony Ericsson W300 (.......no comment....)

Edited by shoarmabakpao

Guest sgmem88

I did use ipaq's kernel modification with the belonging modules. Only when using the standard music app on android I heard some stuttering but I think that, that was because of the phone clocking him too much down. On PowerAmp (also a music player) it did not stutter.

A year ago I got all over my screen weird green spots. That was when I was on Windows Mobile aswell. Yesterday, when I wanted to check the time, my screen was covered with green spots aswell which was also on Windows Mobile. I rebooted it, made a call and when I arrived home, my phone was shut down. Then it would not boot anymore so I decided to plug an charger to it. It first showed the normal charging animation but after 2 seconds it froze and began to get lines all over screen. Then it became green/pink and after around 3 minutes the screen was almost completely pink with all lines across the screen with here and there some green spots.

My laptop's GPU has big problems and it's like a magic box now. Sometimes it will boot (only Windows 8 works) and if I try to boot anything else, then it freezes and gets lines across the screen. Mabey my phone will magicly work in a month or so o_O But I won't rely on that anyway. For now my phone will be an Sony Ericsson W300 (.......no comment....)

can octans still detect the phone?

not sure flashing a windows rom will help??

Guest shoarmabakpao

can octans still detect the phone?

not sure flashing a windows rom will help??

I will try that now. Nope. Since yesterday morning, when my phone still turned on and stuff I could not charge! I just tried it with the USB cable and my computer said nothing.

I think that my phone is a 100% brick now. The hardware in it died :( I wanted to keep this phone for a very looooong time and use it as music player because it has SRS WoW HD :(

Edited by shoarmabakpao

Guest nikkotsoi

yo.. my first phone was w300 also !!

Guest erikcas

Ahh. I think it's better for me to move on to another phone. But thank you anyway :)

you are just looking for a way to desert :-P

Guest ErcanPolat

Is it possible ? How?

Guest ipaq3870

Sorry to hear your phone's dead. Sounds like a hardware failure to me. Now we have one less omnia2 user... :-(

Guest erikcas

Is it possible ? How?

Well... Hardware is controlled by the kernel and its settings. So it can be really sophisticated in terms of signals (can be inverted), voltages and voltagelevels, combinations of hardware pins up or down.

Guest ErcanPolat

Sorry to hear your phone's dead. Sounds like a hardware failure to me. Now we have one less omnia2 user... :-(

If you make this rom more usable and stable, even my phone die in future i may consider buy a second hand omnia. Because used omnias is very cheap now.

Guest ipaq3870

so why the orginal kernel don't get the electric sound ?

My kernel, at least the one I posted is preemption enabled, whereas the original one is not. The advantage of kernel preemption is that the kernel itself, especially for slow system calls, can be interrupted to spare cpu time for other pending tasks. It would bring higher level of responsiveness and interactivity but has to sacrifice some system performance like throughput because many additional preemption points are needed to perform synchronization and more context switching is performed. This is a classic tradeoff between speed and responsiveness given a fixed finite amount of cpu cycles.

When you are playing music, it's quite likely that your cpu scaling governor would put the cpu in low freq, such as 66MHz which is not enough for a preemptive kernel to work smoothly for audio processing and possibly audio driver works. Raising the minimum to 133Mhz would eliminate any problems.

Many kernels for our sister machine, the Spica, has 66Mhz disabled because of this, along with other reasons. I chose not to do it because 66Mhz would bring energy consumption down a little for the existing power hungry rom. You can try my workaround posted earlier to raise the freq.

I tested Ipaqs changes on this one, but I didn't like it (no offense Ipaq ;) ). I suffered many of the mentioned problems (also significant heating of phone) and I prefer things to be solved in his sources first above tweaking and hacking around in android.

No offense taken. :D About phone heating up, can you try with HZ=100 or 200 instead of 500? I guess it could help bringing down the power consumption, and so do heat dissipation.

Is it possible ? How?

In theory yes - a kernel has low level hardware access can do nasty things that can damage the phone. But as far as I remember, I did not touch any potentially dangerous areas such as changing hardware voltage, messing with system rom partitions / bootloader access, and things like that. I didn't even posted a binary that contains tom3q's changes to the framebuffer to properly enable 24bpp mode - though it's in my repo and I used it daily...

Guest erikcas

No offense taken. :D About phone heating up, can you try with HZ=100 or 200 instead of 500? I guess it could help bringing down the power consumption, and so do heat dissipation.

I will stick to original dev sources for now. Maybe I will use some of your mods for 2.3.7 which I have running (testing don't ask for release, screendrivers are oke for nominal phone use but can't be used currently for intensive graphics use like gaming and/or live cam preview) but on original sources have high battery drain. I see some mods in your source which I doubt for froyo but maybe usefull for ginger. But I will look into that in time.

Like I stated earlier, my opinion is that most advantages for our phones are to be found in android, less in kernel. But I will follow your progess with lots of interest ;)

Edited by erikcas

Guest shoarmabakpao

you are just looking for a way to desert :-P

That made me LOL haha :P

Well, I had this phone since the month it was released. I never throw away a used phone, just so that I won't forget my experience with it ^_^ This is a hardware failure caused by my own actions. I swum with it in June 2010 in turkey in Lime Water (that is BAD for electronics!) That must have caused to rust from the inside :(

I will try to use the 'Oven Method' to fix my phone by putting the motherboard of my phone in the oven. I used such a method previously for the GPU of my laptop which still works :)

Guest rom_omnia2

That did it! Thanks buddy! I was working on that all day and now it finally works! Yay!

Now can you help me get my Internal storage to map as my SDcard for the camera? (I get 'Please insert an SD card before using the camera' message.) :/

When the device don't have a SDcard inserted some values change (mmcblk1p to mmcblk0p). Have you done it? Is your swap working (open terminal and type: free)? Just follow the guide but revert the vold.fstab change in step 3. Also change your fstab file from "mmcblk1p3" to "mmcblk0p3". And so on with the others files, just DON'T change your startup.txt since you are already booting.

Edited by rom_omnia2