[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

Guest voyteckst

tried the workaround for the wrong time display on the first page. doesn't work for me. the time in the notification bar is not updating

notification bar time could be wrong even system time is corrected

with connection running for a while then it'll be ok

Guest shockwavenl

Hi again..

Many thanks for the devs for their good work!

but im hitting to this problem..

I re formatted my device so like this: (and set all as primary)

1. Fat32 of 6 gb

2. ext4 of 1.5 gb (or something like that..)

3. linux-swap.

that al worked out fine.. at least.. i can do that in windows but ubuntu whines about the second partion.. it just stops with a random error:S

then i come to the untar part. i do this: cd to dir where the ext4 file is> terminal> sudo tar zxvf ext4.tar.gz -C /media/system

it seems that it is working BUT then i come to the file: xbin, it just hangs there and a minute later i get this: cannot mkdir: Read only Filesystem, and cannot create symlink to ./busybox: no such file or directory

what do i do about this?

i already claimed the rights of the "system" filesystem using this: sudo chown -R usrname:usrname /media/system

or do i need chmod or something for that :S?

please help me out cuz im stuck with my windows again ohmy.gif

EDIT: i tried it again now without the chown command but with the chmod and now it hangs at: system/media/

why am i always the person that has this kind of problems when it works fine at everybody else?

what i also noticed was: it unmounts itself after it hangs.. so i have to start all over again with formatting :S

Edited by shockwavenl

Guest antonio junior

manually installed in internal memory, everything is working, just have a problem. When he was installed b3 automatic sd card was checked q 1 g almost be formatted and I was able to install it Chainfire3D, and now with the b3 in the internal memory, when I install I say that I need more space, so having to delete ringtones. I'm thinking it's problem with theROM. Can anyone help me. i can not download market too.

Edited by antonio junior

Guest nikkotsoi

AF in the camera is being fix. Front camera is to much work probably. We will see.

thank you very much

my hardware camera key was damaged!

I can't take a picture in WM, Android is my only way to take picture!(android can take a photo by tapping the screen lol :D)

Looking forward to the camera! Then my phone can take photos again! THX a LOT!

Guest sam7128

Camera force close!!!!

Today I have the interesting test with my friend who have I8000. I use beta 3 from my SD card with manual install. Everythings work good except camera. I switch my SD card with my friend and launch android in his machine with my SD card. With the same card but different machine, the camera work perfectly. I really don't know why????

I have check and found we had differenct rom. He has PDA i8000nxxje4 rom and phone i8000dxje1 while I have pda i8000nxjh2 and phone i8000xxjf1. I have tried to flash my rom to je4 and jg2 and phone to jj1. But I cannot manage to make it work.

I don't know, how it work in my friend machine but not mine. However, this mean, it is not the beta 3 problem since the same card can have different result.

For the one who have camera work, could you please show you PDA rom and phone.bin that you use. May be we can find something here. I try to find the JE4 eboot, PDA and DXJE1 phone to try but I can't find them.

Camera force close!!!!

Today I have the interesting test with my friend who have I8000. I use beta 3 from my SD card with manual install. Everythings work good except camera. I switch my SD card with my friend and launch android in his machine with my SD card. With the same card but different machine, the camera work perfectly. I really don't know why????

I have check and found we had differenct rom. He has PDA i8000nxxje4 rom and phone i8000dxje1 while I have pda i8000nxjh2 and phone i8000xxjf1. I have tried to flash my rom to je4 and jg2 and phone to jj1. But I cannot manage to make it work.

I don't know, how it work in my friend machine but not mine. However, this mean, it is not the beta 3 problem since the same card can have different result.

For the one who have camera work, could you please show you PDA rom and phone.bin that you use. May be we can find something here. I try to find the JE4 eboot, PDA and DXJE1 phone to try but I can't find them.

Lol, I also have experience same as you. I actually believe that the components of the windows had no effect on Beta3 but be worthy of the be tested. I'm now use stock firmware JJ1, csc JJ1, phone JJ1, the camera also not work.. waiting for job21 to try logcat on his machine, maybe he found something.. rolleyes.gif

Guest coolmast3r

Camera force close!!!!

I would suspect that you got your partition wrongly set up. But who knows. I'm no expert in this. I follow the guide by Mr. Gardakkan here and it just works. I have tried other methods before to install android in My Storage but to no success.

I would suspect that you got your partition wrongly set up. But who knows. I'm no expert in this. I follow the guide by Mr. Gardakkan here and it just works. I have tried other methods before to install android in My Storage but to no success.

trust me and wrong partition would be in my last consideration (in fact, if partition was wrongly mounted, you'll experience a lot more than just a force close camera)

Indeed, sam7128 has a very interesting finding among different WM rom. I was having the JJ1 rom as well with the camera issue.

Allow me some time to study on the logcat and share with you all

UPDATE: a brief browse with googling "catlog camera close", one of the lead mentioned "radio (I suppose referring to phone part) could lead to camera issue"

and here's what I extracted from my logcat

logcat_cam.txt

Edited by Job21

i make all steps but i don.t understand last lines

fstab in /media/system/system/etc

sudo touch /media/system/system/etc/fstab

sudo chmod 666 /media/system/system/etc/fstab

sudo echo /dev/block/mmcblk1p3 swap swap defaults 0 0 > /media/system/system/etc/fstab

is fstab file or not. i can't find it

Guest shockwavenl

Hi again..

Many thanks for the devs for their good work!

but im hitting to this problem..

I re formatted my device so like this: (and set all as primary)

1. Fat32 of 6 gb

2. ext4 of 1.5 gb (or something like that..)

3. linux-swap.

that al worked out fine.. at least.. i can do that in windows but ubuntu whines about the second partion.. it just stops with a random error:S

then i come to the untar part. i do this: cd to dir where the ext4 file is> terminal> sudo tar zxvf ext4.tar.gz -C /media/system

it seems that it is working BUT then i come to the file: xbin, it just hangs there and a minute later i get this: cannot mkdir: Read only Filesystem, and cannot create symlink to ./busybox: no such file or directory

what do i do about this?

i already claimed the rights of the "system" filesystem using this: sudo chown -R usrname:usrname /media/system

or do i need chmod or something for that :S?

please help me out cuz im stuck with my windows again ohmy.gif

EDIT: i tried it again now without the chown command but with the chmod and now it hangs at: system/media/

why am i always the person that has this kind of problems when it works fine at everybody else?

what i also noticed was: it unmounts itself after it hangs.. so i have to start all over again with formatting :S

does someone know this? if its possible i really need my phone working properly again for tommorow....

Guest voyteckst

i make all steps but i don.t understand last lines

sudo echo /dev/block/mmcblk1p3 swap swap defaults 0 0 > /media/system/system/etc/fstab

is fstab file or not. i can't find it

You have to read about linux a bit or if You made all steps, just do this one also.

Something is still wrong with the camera, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, and of course if it crashes it fixes the screen orientation to landscape, and have to restart.

How can i help debugging what is the problem with it?

Guest rom_omnia2

i do all steps, only this step i don't understand.

You have to create this file, it's what the commands line do:

# Create the file:

# Chance the permission:

# Write the partition table to the file (fstab):

Edited by rom_omnia2

Guest LuisGTF

Hi, I´ve already running beta 3 in my storage following the tutorial, but Im having 3 errors...

Camera force closes me too

Swap is 0 (maybe problem with partitions/config, but I did all steps of tutorial, dont know what is wrong)

Usb to PC not working

2 days ago installed with the auto installer in the sdcard with no problem...

I think I'll wait for the new auto installer for my storage ,any new about that?

Nice work guys, each version is much better than the previous.

Guest rom_omnia2

I'm running a MyStorage installation with swap at sdcard, sometimes switching to MyStorage swap to test performance.

My problems is

1) Rotation: Only switch to landscape, does not back to portrait mode.

2) Camera: Video recording theres no flash to enable. Maybe the problem is with Android camera app, but also theres no flash when we press the buttom to focus, just when release. Then the picture will always have bad quality.

3) ADB: Sometimes it does not connect, it's not necessary reboot, once in a while it's working again. Is that possible that the service is being killed when running low of ram?

Edited by rom_omnia2

Guest sea doo

Hi, can someone do the screen of gparted, where created three partitions (fat32, ext4, swap) in the phone memory 8gb or 16gb (no sd card)? (guide by Gardakkan)

In what order should I create partitions? Sorry for my english.

Thanks for help.

Guest rom_omnia2

Hi, can someone do the screen of gparted, where created three partitions (fat32, ext4, swap) in the phone memory 8gb or 16gb (no sd card)? (guide by Gardakkan)

In what order should I create partitions? Sorry for my english.

Thanks for help.

In this order: Fat32 / Ext4 / Swap. You just have to change the size for 8GB devices:

- Create 1 primary fat32 partition of about 14.7 Gb labeled sdcard

# Try something like this: Create 1 primary fat32 partition of about 6.7 Gb labeled sdcard

- Create 1 primary ext4 partition of 1 Gb labeled system

- Create 1 primary linux-swap partition of 128 mb (mine is 256 mb but 128 mb is more than enough)

I'm not sure about the size, but it's not a exactly value.

You can change, just make sure you will have some value next to 1Gb for Ext4 and some value next to 128mb for swap.

Guest lalinde89

I updated the beta 2 to beta 3!so the installer already did the swap?how could i check if it is the swap there?i have like 40mb of ram..its that ok??i mean after a reboot

thx..

If You installed it from autoinstall You already should have swap...

PEOPLE READ WHAT IS WRITEN IN FIRST POST!!!

Guest antonio junior

b3 automatic card installed, and realized chainfire3d and then install the plugin that is most important, and now with manual installation in internal storage can not, displays a message saying I need more space, and also give me a suggestion to delete the ringtones etc to get more space. Someone help me, what should I leave the setup to work.

manual installing internal storage, SD card, swap, ext4, all primary.

how to get the init.rc which lines should I change, I have an unformatted partition, as it iswhen it is installed on the card?

Somebody give me a light!

Voyteckst, erikcas something that can enlighten me.

Guest sea doo

I have a 8gb model.

When I create three primary partitions (first - fat32, second - Ext4, the third - swap), the phone can't see my memory and asks for a format. Phone can't format memory, I can only format in ubuntu to fat32.

Guest moiassar78

hi everybody

I ve problem with my Ubuntu

there's no gparted nor excute command tar zxvf........etc

however I manage partitions with disk utility and mount ext4 with archive mounter and copy the content to system partition in my storage and change all changes as suggested

when I. run haret it boot on logo "android on omnia 2 loading ", and stick on it and nothing go on

any help plz

thanks

btw any news about autoinstaller on my storage

Guest erikcas

hi everybody

I ve problem with my Ubuntu

there's no gparted nor excute command tar zxvf........etc

however I manage partitions with disk utility and mount ext4 with archive mounter and copy the content to system partition in my storage and change all changes as suggested

when I. run haret it boot on logo "android on omnia 2 loading ", and stick on it and nothing go on

any help plz

thanks

btw any news about autoinstaller on my storage

install them! (gparted + tar)

sudo apt-get install gparted tar

(from commandline)

always, when installing manually, execute commands as root / superuser, so always add sudo before your command. I.e. "sudo tar zxvf ..."