New SD Card problems

Guest shmizan

Hey guys.

so finally I decided to upgrade my 2GB sd card with a new class 6 Transcend 8 GB sd card.

I also wanted to make a small partition for applications - 256 MB (I don't need more). I used ClockworkMod to create the partition. set swap to 0 MB.

I then installed CyanogenMod 7, from one of sej's recent nightly builds with new kernel. after installing some apps automatically to SD card and copying 2.5 GB of songs the corruption has started.

after a few minutes, some apps would disappear and other shortcuts on my launcher would get broken. opening the gallery resulted it "your sd card is not mounted".

when I connected the Blade to the PC to copy more files the Windows warning came up - "Scan and Fix" errors in SD Card.

complete folders and files were missing, pictures were replaced with unknown folders and files with bad names.

I thought the SD card was faulty and decided to use my old 2 GB card for now and partition that one too.

so I did the same for the 2 GB and it started happening to the old card too.. corrupted files and such.

I tried to repartition to different sizes and wiping and reinstalling a few different ROMs (CM7 and GSF) so many times now and it's always the same.

what am I doing wrong?

post-845760-0-36072100-1316431617_thumb.

I tried minitool. I tried 2 different versions including the latest from Rom Manager.

I deleted the EXT partition and I have 1 FAT32 partition in total - and still it corrupts data.

Guest Lister Of Smeg

Hi Shmizan,

Ah, glad (not in a nasty way) that you are having the same problems as me, thought it was just me.... as when I posted, no one seems to know of this, or comment on it??

I was seriously thinking of ditching Blade and getting something more reliable.... Apple?? (waits for the haters... lol) but no, I do love my Blade, but lately the reliability has been summit to be questionable...?? I have had 3x Blades in less than 9x months, and prolly will have my 4th soon.... :(

Its annoying to say the least... . :(

Cheers, Lister

I believe you have the same problem as my wifes blade, it auto disconnects sdcard after it reaches a certain amount of heat(overheat issue), I usually just let it cool down, then copy stuff again to sd card...

this problem usually occurs when connected to wall charger while copying through ftp to pc, or connecting through usb to pc, and copying large amounts of file, it usually heats it up then bam, it removes sd card (which kinda sucks)