Install MIUI on your San Francisco

Guest Simon O

Issue 3 of Android Magazine dropped onto my doormat this morning (available in all good newsagents and at http://www.lgrobot.co.uk) and I had a quick flick through and saw this interesting image:

NUEOH.jpg

So who knows where to get the super secret ZTE Blade port of MIUI? :lol:

(naughty Android Magazine for using stock photos)

I wast just deciding to get a new phone (and put MIUI on it) or keep the Blade till the quadcore equiped phones are for sale. If the blade is getting MIUI it would be a great compromise! I'm running the MIUI 3.0 launcher (MIUI lookalike) for a while and I love it!

Guest Coffer52

Issue 3 of Android Magazine dropped onto my doormat this morning (available in all good newsagents and at http://www.lgrobot.co.uk) and I had a quick flick through and saw this interesting image:

NUEOH.jpg

So who knows where to get the super secret ZTE Blade port of MIUI? :lol:

(naughty Android Magazine for using stock photos)

Nice, I like the clock and wallpaper, Blade mix 2.3 has similar icons in use.

Guest Coffer52

I wast just deciding to get a new phone (and put MIUI on it) or keep the Blade till the quadcore equiped phones are for sale. If the blade is getting MIUI it would be a great compromise! I'm running the MIUI 3.0 launcher (MIUI lookalike) for a while and I love it!

Miui 3.0 launcher is very good, if you like it, you should try Blade Mix 2.3, its excellent. I'm running it at the moment with the new kernel.

MIUI is compiled for ARM7 CPUs which means that the Blade cannot run MIUI in it's current state. It is likely that only the libs and possibly the bin files are built for arm7 so in theory if these are replaced with files compiled for ARM6 (from Cyanogenmod, for example) it may be possible to get a sort of CM7/MIUI hybrid going.

Guest Sami Beck

MIUI is compiled for ARM7 CPUs which means that the Blade cannot run MIUI in it's current state. It is likely that only the libs and possibly the bin files are built for arm7 so in theory if these are replaced with files compiled for ARM6 (from Cyanogenmod, for example) it may be possible to get a sort of CM7/MIUI hybrid going.

Anyone want to try doing it?

Guest rukanito

if this true the MIUI is the best rom avaliable for blade XD

this image can be fake. Photoshop - san francisco + miui screen. Only need 2 layers

Edited by rukanito

this image can be fake. Photoshop - san francisco + miui screen. Only need 2 layers

The image is fake mate. Almost all images you see of phones showing user interfaces are composites because it's difficult (impossible) to get a good single photo.

The image is for illustrative purposes only. They've just gotten a stock image and composited the screenshot onto it.

There is a pretty long porting thread somewhere...

yes it came to a halt although i got close at one point it was basically a miui rom with modified cm6 source and compiled files. tbh although i never say never i don't think it going to happen.