[ROMS] Latest 2.3.7 cm7.1.0/7.2.0 Racerboy-ROMS

Guest Racerboy

Guest Racerboy

thx Rahulj85, comments and suggestions always welcome.....................regards green screen for a couple of seconds have you restarted phone since this happened?

Guest Rahulj85

thx Rahulj85, comments and suggestions always welcome.....................regards green screen for a couple of seconds have you restarted phone since this happened?

yeah the restart helped..but you know the zoom functionality is still very slow..:-(..also, while switching between still and video mode, i am getting fcs..but if i select 'wait' option instead of 'force close', the application works as normal.

Guest Racerboy

yeah the restart helped..but you know the zoom functionality is still very slow..:-(..also, while switching between still and video mode, i am getting fcs..but if i select 'wait' option instead of 'force close', the application works as normal.

the camera is a sticking point of late with any rom, zoom function for me does fc if i use the screen to zoom rather than the option bar, i`ll search around for another app and/or use an older version to get it smoother

Guest Rahulj85

the camera is a sticking point of late with any rom, zoom function for me does fc if i use the screen to zoom rather than the option bar, i`ll search around for another app and/or use an older version to get it smoother

thanks..i did experiment with older camera apk, but either got the same result or the install didnt take place at all...:-)

Edited by Rahulj85

Guest Glock24

copy the attached file to sdcard and install through CWM, then delete cache (mounts and storage) reboot, done........

should work fine you now, only reason it didnt was i used vamshi`s old kernel in the roms and only supported older lib for kernel, now kernel has been updated the updated lib file is used in ALL new roms........

lib_update.zip

NOBODY ELSE NEEDS TO APPLY THIS UPDATE FIX ONLY FOR Glock24

Racerboy: I applied the patch and cleared the cache, but the camera still does not work.

In the meanwhile I reverted to the original #257v2and disabled the lockscreen, not an optimal solution, but works.

Is possible add the ICSv5-MOD-ROM launcher (Sony Ericsson Launcher) in this room?

'Cause I don't like ADW Launcher.

Thanks.

Men use Titaniun backun.. and creates a copy of launcher.

Guest KreatorDroid

NEW ROM: "update-cm-7-20120225-NIGHTLY-Racer-signed" is now available to download from the 1st post of this thread, installation instructions are there too, FULL WIPE IS ESSENTIAL FOR IT TO WORK AS INTENDED.................ONCE YOU INSTALL THE ROM AND YOU ARE ON THE DESKTOP, REBOOT THE PHONE TO ENSURE NO ERRORS OCCUR...........Market is already included in the rom, no need to install Gapps.............

NOTE: it is work in progress but is very usual and stable......it may seem laggy until the rom settles down after afew minutes

whats working: everything (as far as i`ve tested)

whats new or fixed from last nightly a long time ago :lol: :

transition/orientation animation

new "Ring-Lockstyle" option (Blade style is the best imo)

in-call phone lock screen is FIXED yay (padlock works as it should)

radio app functions better

notification bar is easier to bring down

What i need to change/fix:

at the moment the notification bar icons are mdpi, but will change them in the next build

CRT anim ON/OFF

enjoy....................................................

EDIT: as always if you find any bugs or errors please let me know.............

Thank you very much Racerboy, great ROM :D

I'm using ;)

Guest Racerboy

ok, had to change and add some hw files as they where causing the issue of green screen appearing sometimes when orientating the phone or choosing camera (thx deadlink) so any changes i made after the original release will be included in "update-cm-7-20120225-NIGHTLY-Racer-v2-signed" .............i`m uploading it now

the changes include:

faster response to everything, no green screens anymore

changed the phone

camera works better, still quite slow on zooming though

todo list:

Ldpi icons for 7.2.0 (framework)

Guest Racerboy

Update: update-cm-7-20120225-NIGHTLY-Racer-v2-signed is now available to download on 1st page of this thread, changelog above..............any problems let me know

Guest sam tyler

Installed the ROM(update -cm-7-201 202 25 nighty) I've notice that when I look at bookmarks or when i login to a site,I see black and white streaks in the foreground. Is it as you say the ROM setting down? Other wise it works fine.but it does feel faster than I.c.s. ROM.thanks for the ROM.

Guest ritayan

Hi Racerboy, can you plz tell me that RA recovery is working with racer, because i have used it and except backup it is working fine, in case of backup it creates very small nandroid backups which is so small comparing to cwm, and it naver restores from backup, but i liked it for it's data wipeing feature, in my case i feel that cwm does not fully wipe my data/cache/system when i do it,so may be some corrupt files get installed again, the main problem is i am facing now is whichever rom i use my mobile connection type always goes to unknown after sometimes and then i cannot connect to internet, ithink cwm (v 4.0.1.4) not wiping properly because same problem should not belong to every rom, that is why i want to use RA recovery (v 2.3) because i feel it wipes better, but it could not create backup properly. Plz help me about this issue, sorry for long post, very very thanks in advance...rolleyes.gif

Guest equiliym

Hi Racerboy, can you plz tell me that RA recovery is working with racer, because i have used it and except backup it is working fine, in case of backup it creates very small nandroid backups which is so small comparing to cwm, and it naver restores from backup, but i liked it for it's data wipeing feature, in my case i feel that cwm does not fully wipe my data/cache/system when i do it,so may be some corrupt files get installed again, the main problem is i am facing now is whichever rom i use my mobile connection type always goes to unknown after sometimes and then i cannot connect to internet, ithink cwm (v 4.0.1.4) not wiping properly because same problem should not belong to every rom, that is why i want to use RA recovery (v 2.3) because i feel it wipes better, but it could not create backup properly. Plz help me about this issue, sorry for long post, very very thanks in advance...rolleyes.gif

take a look here about racer recoveries.. there is also an archive there for older versions of ra/cwm

Edited by equiliym

Guest ritayan

@equiliym thanks for your response, i have applied each recovery, cwm 4.0.1.5 has key mapping issues and works same as v4.0.1.4( not wipeing properly) , used ra recovery v 2.3 and it wipes better but can not create backupsad.gif, so a bit confused which one to chose, overall cwm is great (for wipeing and backup) but i think it is not doing its job (full wipe properly) as it should....unsure.gif

Edited by ritayan

Guest equiliym

@equiliym thanks for your response, i have applied each recovery, cwm 4.0.1.5 has key mapping issues and works same as v4.0.1.4( not wipeing properly) , used ra recovery v 2.3 and it wipes better but can not create backupsad.gif, so a bit confused which one to chose, overall cwm is great (for wipeing and backup) but i think it is not doing its job (full wipe properly) as it should....unsure.gif

you can always to go mounts and storage (i think) and format each partition separately if i wrote that good.. eo format /boot, format /cache, format /system etc instead of the to wipe data/cache

Guest ritayan

@equiliym, I always wipe by going mount and storage and formatting each of them (boot,cache,data,system,dalvik cache) but the problem reappears, dont know why...sad.gif

Guest plegdroid

Ok so i got 224 with swap but dont know hiw to use it

morning mate, easy way, download swapper app from market, tell it how much swap you want to use ect and forget about it :)

Guest thadog2010

morning mate, easy way, download swapper app from market, tell it how much swap you want to use ect and forget about it :)

Ahh yes shoulda thought of that

Guest Racerboy

NEW ROM: update-cm-7-20120308-NIGHTLY-Racer-signed is now available to download on the 1st of this thread

Cyanogen changes to date

Added new theme that is already pre-applied (Ldpi) credits to "nhnt11" @ XDA

Added new Market app (Play Shop v3.4.7)

enjoy.............any probs let me know.....................

NOTE: delete the market app icon on desktop and create a new 1 from the apps menu (Play Shop)

Edited by Racerboy

Guest plegdroid

NEW ROM: update-cm-7-20120308-NIGHTLY-Racer-signed is now available to download on the 1st of this thread

Cyanogen changes to date

Added new theme that is already pre-applied (Ldpi) credits to "nhnt11" @ XDA

Added new Market app (Play Shop v3.4.7)

enjoy.............any probs let me know.....................

NOTE: delete the market app icon on desktop and create a new 1 from the apps menu (Play Shop)

thanks mate :D

Guest gagan313

nice work.... hey iv had my racer for like 2/3 years now, iv heard that the touchscreen gets worse and worse the more you use it? is this true?