[ROMS] Latest 2.3.7 cm7.1.0/7.2.0 Racerboy-ROMS

Guest Racerboy

Guest equiliym

Hola guys,

Logged in after long time, good to see the thread active :)

I've compiled a new kernel of same 2.6.32 with perfect calibration and included camera drivers for other origin Racer's(which didn't worked on my previous kernel). Just a small work pending, need to adjust the coordinates :P. I'll upload it within 2 days when its done.

If anyone have other camera, which i may not have included, you can just send me your config.gz located at " /proc/config.gz ".

I have also compiled kernel 2.6.35. I feel like its bit faster and smooth. Its also stable, but wifi is not working. Need to tweak some things. It will take some time. :)

And

Happy New Year :)

nice work vamshi, kudos! its nice to know someone was actually working on newer kernel :P i never managed to even boot 2.6.35 lol

will you in any case post your 2.6.35 modifications or full source on github?

Edited by equiliym

Hola guys,

I've compiled a new kernel of same 2.6.32 with perfect calibration and included camera drivers for other origin Racer's(which didn't worked on my previous kernel). Just a small work pending, need to adjust the coordinates :P. I'll upload it within 2 days when its done.

If anyone have other camera, which i may not have included, you can just send me your config.gz located at " /proc/config.gz ".

I have also compiled kernel 2.6.35. I feel like its bit faster and smooth. Its also stable, but wifi is not working. Need to tweak some things. It will take some time. :)

And

Hi, Happy New Year. this is my config of zte racer from venezuela is for new kernal. thank for your work.

sorry for my Englishbiggrin.gifdry.gifcool.gif

config.gz

Guest mladenovic73

Hola guys,

And

This is exellent news,man.Thanx man.

Happy new year to allbiggrin.gif

Guest Racerboy

Hola guys,

And

glad to hear from you again (thought you`d dissappeared) :P

HAPPY NEW YEAR TOO

Great news about new kernel 2.6.35 anychance of a preview? :D

regards 2.6.32 and camera, does it work with latest lib file "liboemcamera.so" as your previous kernel did not (only older versions of said file)

and finally a request, could you take a look at the ICS thread on forum HERE and have a look into changing the msm_ts touch driver in your latest kernel to get rid of the on screen cursor, i`ve had a fiddle with it myself but failed misseribly dry.gif would be great if you could whenever you get some free time thx

Guest Vlatko25

HAPPY NEW YEAR TOO

regards 2.6.32 and camera, does it work with latest lib file "liboemcamera.so" as your previous kernel did not (only older versions of said file)

and finally a request, could you take a look at the ICS thread on forum HERE and have a look into changing the msm_ts touch driver in your latest kernel to get rid of the on screen cursor, i`ve had a fiddle with it myself but failed misseribly dry.gif would be great if you could whenever you get some free time thx

nice news guys

a long time Vamshi was offline:D

now he is back again

cheers

Guest Racerboy

can someone please give me detailed instructions on how to install 501 i have fastboot and the cwm update but im not sure how excatly to do it

501???? possibly b01, if you want to install any of the ROMS in this thread or any other in the ZTE Racer forum then use the instructions on the first post of this thread

Edited by Racerboy

Guest moumtzisa

I have installed the #257 on my racer and everything goes fine. The problem is that I cant run the navigon 2.6.1 that I had before the upgrade. Maybe navigon does not support 2.3.7? Does anyone knows what I have to do in order to have navigation with that upgraded rom?

Guest thadog2010

When your start up the phone press the power button along with the - volume until the recovery menu to be displayed.

it comes up with ftm and just stays their

Guest Racerboy

i tried to but i coudnt get into the recovery console

if you`ve installed CWM correctly then turn off phone, hold vol - and press power button whilst holding vol - after a few seconds you should be presented with CWM

READ THE POST BELOW

Edited by Racerboy

Guest Racerboy

it comes up with ftm and just stays their

if you have FTM mode then you havent installed CWM correctly, your phone needs to be rooted so that "recovery manager" can install CWM for you

Universal Androot is good for rooting your phone unless you have already done it

Recovery manager here http://android.podtwo.com/recoverymanager/RecoveryManager_v0.37b.zip copy to sdcard and installed through a file manager on your phone

use the recovery manager to install this http://android.podtwo.com/recovery/archived/recovery-clockwork-4.0.1.4-mooncake-gen1.img all goes well you`ll have CWM

Edited by Racerboy

Guest vamshistunner

nice work vamshi, kudos! its nice to know someone was actually working on newer kernel :P i never managed to even boot 2.6.35 lol

will you in any case post your 2.6.35 modifications or full source on github?

I have modified many files, no idea what all i've changed. I'll push it later, after modding some things.

Guest vamshistunner

HAPPY NEW YEAR TOO

I have included all variants of camera in new kernel. Latest "liboemcamera.so" doesn't make any difference with the way it works. If i am not wrong it is the same as blade one's( or may be using blade's). Blade has got more variants of camera being added so there were some changes in liboemcamera. The previous liboemcamera will work fine.

Yes, i've heard something about that annoying cursor in ICS. Need to look at it, may take time.

Guest George_red_storm

I have installed the #257 on my racer and everything goes fine. The problem is that I cant run the navigon 2.6.1 that I had before the upgrade. Maybe navigon does not support 2.3.7? Does anyone knows what I have to do in order to have navigation with that upgraded rom?

I have the same problem! sad.gif

Guest ducbia

Help me

i have installed the ICSv5-MOD-ROM_2.3.7_based_on-224 on my racer. the problem is that:

- have not android market

- turn on wifi but internet no active

- no sync with google

Edited by ducbia

Guest Racerboy

Help me

i have installed the ICSv5-MOD-ROM_2.3.7_based_on-224 on my racer. the problem is that:

- have not android market

- turn on wifi but internet no active

- no sync with google

wifi should work fine, 224 does not have market pre-installed use the Gapps packages on the 1st post of this thread, they can be installed through CWM after installing a rom, that will solve your other problems........

Guest gagan313

In the next day or so i`ll release #257v2 that includes couple of tweaks and Vamshi`s newly revised 2.6.32 kernel, so stay tuned !!!!!!

what happened to the 4.0 roms??

and has the new vamshi kernal got nice sensitivity?biggrin.gif

Guest Racerboy

what happened to the 4.0 roms??

and has the new vamshi kernal got nice sensitivity?biggrin.gif

read the ics 4.0 thread dude, until the ts driver is sorted in which ever kernel work is halted (for me anyway)

and yes Vamshi has put alot of time into his latest revised kernel, touch/sensitivity is supposed to be spot on........hopefully today you`ll see

Edited by Racerboy