[ROMS] Latest 2.3.7 cm7.1.0/7.2.0 Racerboy-ROMS

Guest Racerboy

Guest Racerboy

PLEASE IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR WANT HELP WITH THESE ROMS THEN POST ON HERE SO EVERYBOBY CAN SEE TOO , PLEASE DONT PM ME ABOUT IT, PM`s are for (private messages between friends) NO OFFENSE INTENDED, MOST THINGS HAVE BEEN COVERED WITH ALL ROMS ON HOW TO INSTALL, USE SWAP, ETC....... BROWSING THROUGH THE POSTS ON THREADS YOU WILL 9/10 TIMES FIND YOUR SOLUTION AND IF THE QUESTION HASNT BEEN RAISED THEN AT LEAST EVERYBODY CAN SEE/HELP TOO

Thank you :)

Edited by Racerboy

Guest Racerboy

Yes a full clean instal.I will delete batery stats.I dont use task killers anymore there are draining batery a lot.

ok see how you go after you`ve wiped battery stats and charged again fully :)

Guest Racerboy

very quick and calibration spot on, iam not going to mention the annimations, I'll leave that for someone else to mention

:lol: good work, and thanks :)

i will do it "eventually":) as of today i will have no time because of moving house.....

Guest mladenovic73

ok see how you go after you`ve wiped battery stats and charged again fully :)

I suspect on theme for cm7 eya candy.I delete batery stats and now i am charging tne batery.I will have the resultats later today.Thanx for help.

Guest Khan Miro

People say, after every install of new ROM, the old battery stats must be wiped away, because they present the previous battery usage.

Anyway, after you charge to 100%, clean the file and then what? Discharge it to under 5% and then full charge, or after the clean of the battery stats do again a charge to "add the missing battery charges you can get" ?

By the way, there are some programs in the market that list the volts of your battery during charge. I read somewhere that there is a special number (around 3945 volts or something) that when it is reached, your battery is charged the best, cause when it says "100%" and is beneath that number, it's not a full charge.

Again, I found that 1100 mAh too little for the racer :}}} I want to buy a battery with which I can be calm leaving "mobile data" ON the whole day and surf whether I want and listen music for the whole day (and after that, maybe a charge). Can you help with that (a new battery I mean)

And for last, but not least, thanks Racerboy, you and your mates are what is keeping the racer over HTC Wildfire (the badword, HTC Wildfire 2.2 sucks at angry birds, it's so sluggish... HUAWEI Ideos is a little better with gingerbread aaand here comes the racer... SMOOTH at angry birds, even downclocking the CPU to 480 gives smooth play... not to mention NFS Shift...). Now that you are here the forum seems so alive. I want TigTex to be back as well, he's another master of ROMS ;]. I also miss deadlink, rexchun and ricky (where are you guys?). If all of you were here, it'd be a great competition hahaha.

Support you work ++

Guest andrethril

First of all let me thank you Racerboy, this is an excellent rom!

I bought my racer over a week ago, now installed your custom rom and i am loving it!

Unfortunately I have a few questions:

1 - I installed gapps-gb-full-20110828 everything seems to work fine except for the calendar. I get FC everytime I try to open it... sad.gif Any suggestion?

2 - This one I dont know if it's related to your rom, because I didnt check in the stock rom: but in the settings menu it reports that I only have 162Mb of ram. Wasn't it supposed to say 256 or something closer to that value?

These questions are not just to Racerboy, if anyone else has the answer please feel free smile.gif

I did a search in the forum but found nothing...

Thanks in advance!

Edited by andrethril

Guest Khan Miro

1 - You can try a newer version of the gapps :}

2 - As I know, there is a part of the RAM, which you cannot acces and is primary reserved for some system bullshit. Am I wrong or Am I right? If I am wrong, please someone correct me so I can learn it right :)

Hello guys,

I have just fixed the problem with FM Radio. I'll upload it soon :D

Now everything it working fine with the kernel. :)

Screen, or floating Yeah, you have 2.6.35 kernel

Edited by sgzsgz

Guest andrethril

1 - You can try a newer version of the gapps :}

2 - As I know, there is a part of the RAM, which you cannot acces and is primary reserved for some system bullshit. Am I wrong or Am I right? If I am wrong, please someone correct me so I can learn it right :)

1 - I thought they were the most recent ones, where can I download the newer ones?

2 - So everyone else's phones reports the same amount of RAM?

Thanks

Edited by andrethril

Guest Racerboy

People say, after every install of new ROM, the old battery stats must be wiped away, because they present the previous battery usage.

Anyway, after you charge to 100%, clean the file and then what? Discharge it to under 5% and then full charge, or after the clean of the battery stats do again a charge to "add the missing battery charges you can get" ?

basically charge phone, cleanly install rom, wipe battery stats to re-calibrate battery then charge phone again for an hour or so....

And for last, but not least, thanks Racerboy, you and your mates are what is keeping the racer over HTC Wildfire (the badword, HTC Wildfire 2.2 sucks at angry birds, it's so sluggish... HUAWEI Ideos is a little better with gingerbread aaand here comes the racer... SMOOTH at angry birds, even downclocking the CPU to 480 gives smooth play... not to mention NFS Shift...). Now that you are here the forum seems so alive. I want TigTex to be back as well, he's another master of ROMS ;]. I also miss deadlink, rexchun and ricky (where are you guys?). If all of you were here, it'd be a great competition hahaha.

Support you work ++

WOW thats quite a statement thx, some credit i take for porting it yes but vamshistunners kernal is now more refined, but if it wasnt for people like Tigtex, Deadlink, Rexchun and Ricky we would not be at this position now.......so ALOT of credit goes to them aswell :)

Guest Racerboy

1 - I installed gapps-gb-full-20110828 everything seems to work fine except for the calendar. I get FC everytime I try to open it... sad.gif Any suggestion?

2 - This one I dont know if it's related to your rom, because I didnt check in the stock rom: but in the settings menu it reports that I only have 162Mb of ram. Wasn't it supposed to say 256 or something closer to that value?

i have no problem answering anybodys questions, glad you like the rom :)

1. calender problem, have you tried simply removing/unistalling the actual app itself and re-installing it or try searching for the app on market and update it that way, other suggestion would be to install an older version of gapps from the 1st post of this thread.......but try the first 2 options as its only 1 app that is affected.....

2. there is a certain amount of ram allocated for core system files and gpu,radio everytime you restart phone, then once all that is done it loads app that you use to memory for faster launching, android os kinda remembers what apps get used and over time it get quicker even though when you check how much ram is available it says somethink like "30meg" android os runs better with less ram unlike windows os that runs better with more free ram.....hope that helps abit

Guest andrethril

i have no problem answering anybodys questions, glad you like the rom :)

1. calender problem, have you tried simply removing/unistalling the actual app itself and re-installing it or try searching for the app on market and update it that way, other suggestion would be to install an older version of gapps from the 1st post of this thread.......but try the first 2 options as its only 1 app that is affected.....

2. there is a certain amount of ram allocated for core system files and gpu,radio everytime you restart phone, then once all that is done it loads app that you use to memory for faster launching, android os kinda remembers what apps get used and over time it get quicker even though when you check how much ram is available it says somethink like "30meg" android os runs better with less ram unlike windows os that runs better with more free ram.....hope that helps abit

Thank you Racerboy.

My problem is that the calendar app is not in the market (or is it?) and the gapps zip only installs the market isn't it?

I already had some ideas about the android memory management scheme but I thought that even so, it should say something like 30Mb of free available RAM and 256Mb of total ram, instead of the total of 162Mb that it resports. But ok, if this happens with every phone it is ok for me smile.gif

Guest Racerboy

Thank you Racerboy.

My problem is that the calendar app is not in the market (or is it?) and the gapps zip only installs the market isn't it?

I already had some ideas about the android memory management scheme but I thought that even so, it should say something like 30Mb of free available RAM and 256Mb of total ram, instead of the total of 162Mb that it resports. But ok, if this happens with every phone it is ok for me smile.gif

modded versions of gapps just contain the main framework for your phone to be able to use market, vending.apk (market app) this way you choose what you want to install on the setup wizard screen that appears after installing gapps, there is also a gapps-full-package which contains all the google apps in the package on 1st post

yes mines says 37/162 meg pre allocation

Edited by Racerboy

After restarting the phone i always need to chose which launcher i want to use, example the go launcher ex, and when i want to write a message or another text always the built in keyboard turn on and i need to chose the keyboard which i want , i use the TouchPal input. How to save the settings?

** The issue was because the keyboard and the launcher where installed on SD, so i ported it to phone, now works

Edited by caki83

Guest Racerboy

After restarting the phone i always need to chose which launcher i want to use, example the go launcher ex, and when i want to write a message or another text always the built in keyboard turn on and i need to chose the keyboard which i want , i use the TouchPal input. How to save the setings?

when it asks which 1 you want to use, tick the default box then the app which you want to use/open and it wont ask again for that perticular thing you want to do

Guest mladenovic73

There is a problem with led light.When came sms or missed call just blink few times and turn off.I check the settings and everything is ok.

About battery,after 4 hours using a battery drops 3%.Thanx for help.

Guest Rahulj85

There is a problem with led light.When came sms or missed call just blink few times and turn off.I check the settings and everything is ok.

for led related issues, install lightflow from the market..works like a charm.

#210 with vashistunner's kernel is really good..hats off to racerboy and vashistunner for all the hard work in putting this rom together..keep it going like this guys..:-)

Guest Racerboy

good good, light issue use light flow from market as 1st post says :)

EDIT just saw Rahulj85 comment :rolleyes:

Edited by Racerboy

Guest Vlatko25

good good, light issue use light flow from market as 1st post says :)

EDIT just saw Rahulj85 comment :rolleyes:

how to fix calendar force close,i have try all gapps here ,but also force close again only calendar:D

any suggestion Racer boy ?:D

Guest Racerboy

how to fix calendar force close,i have try all gapps here ,but also force close again only calendar:D

any suggestion Racer boy ?:D

hmm i havent used g calender, uninstall calender with root uninstaller or absolute root tools or similar and download the gapps-gb-full-20110404-signed.zip on 1st post, extract GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter.apk from the "system/app" copy to sdcard, reboot then install through file manager...see if that works, if not just install the full thing gapps-gb-full-20110404-signed.zip throught CWM

Edited by Racerboy

Guest Vlatko25

hmm i havent used g calender, uninstall calender with root uninstaller or absolute root tools or similar and download the gapps-gb-full-20110404-signed.zip on 1st post, extract GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter.apk from the "system/app" copy to sdcard, reboot then install through file manager...see if that works, if not just install the full thing gapps-gb-full-20110404-signed.zip throught CWM

ok thanks i will take a look and post results

Guest mladenovic73

for led related issues, install lightflow from the market..works like a charm.

#210 with vashistunner's kernel is really good..hats off to racerboy and vashistunner for all the hard work in putting this rom together..keep it going like this guys..:-)

I now about lightflow and i am using that apk,but on other roms led blink and stay on as long as you turn phone on,now if i have a missed call just blink and turn of.I hope you understend me.:)

Guest Malakia2

Racerboy the rom and actually very good .... the best! Plus I have a problem ... My bluetooth works pretty much can not send files to any other phone! You know how to help me?

Edited by Malakia2

Guest Racerboy

I now about lightflow and i am using that apk,but on other roms led blink and stay on as long as you turn phone on,now if i have a missed call just blink and turn of.I hope you understend me.:)

yes i understand :) i have just recreated the situation on my phone and yes it does the same, missed call whilst phone asleep light flashs 4-5 times then goes off until you wake phone........and light flow did not override, so now we have exact opposite-----i`ll check it out further :)