[KERNEL] TripNKernel -ALPHA- R02 | First 2.6.38.8 kernel for Pyramid!

Guest TripNRaVeR

Thank's Trip, call recording working!!! Now i can stop searching another kernels :)

I just attempted it to see and it appears that its working however when you go to play it back it shows the recording has being only 0 seconds so nothing plays back. Can anyone else confirm this or is it just my setup?

I just attempted it to see and it appears that its working however when you go to play it back it shows the recording has being only 0 seconds so nothing plays back. Can anyone else confirm this or is it just my setup?

What program you using for recording? I'am using CallRecorder from skvalex. And you must allow third party apps in call settings

What program you using for recording? I'am using CallRecorder from skvalex. And you must allow third party apps in call settings

I thought you were referring to the call-recorder built into Miui. In case you didn't already know there is one on the main phone screen after you dial a number, just click on the MORE button and then recorder. My apologies for assuming that was the one you were referring to :)

Guest Raycaster3

This kernel is stock UC to 178mhz so raycaster you overclocked again lol. UV is -200mv comparing to stock rom for cpu.

I don't understand.... max freq is 178 stock for this kernel? And I can't believe our phones can handle -200mv that's some magic. Until recently if I tried to uv past 62.5 my phone would reboot so -200 is a big jump. How did you do it? Or maybe I'm not understanding something.... it doesn't really matter though :D

I thought your reg kernel was like 1.18or something max?

Either way it's working well. Nice job for you first go at kernel dev!

I thought you were referring to the call-recorder built into Miui. In case you didn't already know there is one on the main phone screen after you dial a number, just click on the MORE button and then recorder. My apologies for assuming that was the one you were referring to :)

I know built-in recorder, but it record from microphone only! CallRecorder record from line! But only with patched kernel. Trip had patched his kernel for recording.

Guest Raycaster3

Wifi essed up in v50

Sent from my TripNMiUI Pyramid using Tapatalk

How is it messed up? Mine worked starting at around 4:30 or so until this morning at 7:30. Didn't drop one time.... Very interesting.

Guest sonnguyen10123

How is it messed up? Mine worked starting at around 4:30 or so until this morning at 7:30. Didn't drop one time.... Very interesting.

It keeps saying obtaining. But wont connect. I'm not the only one with this problem

Guest TripNRaVeR

I don't understand.... max freq is 178 stock for this kernel? And I can't believe our phones can handle -200mv that's some magic. Until recently if I tried to uv past 62.5 my phone would reboot so -200 is a big jump. How did you do it? Or maybe I'm not understanding something.... it doesn't really matter though :D

about 1250 is stock i tought, i put it on 1000 i will check the exact values to be sure

Edited by TripNRaVeR

Guest Louis Santos

I'm pretty sure he's saying that screen off max by default is 178, by you setting it to the frequency higher your actually overclocking your screen off frequencies from default.

Guest Alphawolf36

It keeps saying obtaining. But wont connect. I'm not the only one with this problem

Did you wipe devlik and fix permissions after flashing kernal. Cause i have been running it since release and have been on wifi almost whole time without issue. I even used 2 different wifi networks, both connected just fine.

Edit: Make sure you went in correct flashing order too, you need to flash the kernal from the main topic then this one.

Edited by Alphawolf36

Guest Raycaster3

about 1250 is stock i tought, i put it on 1000 i will check the exact values to be sure

That's cool. So when we're talking about undervolting did you mean -200mV total? Like -10 from this freq and -10 from another? Or was it across the board? Like -40mV at every freq level? Or I think there is a command to check voltages I'll find and post it.

Dang I can't find it! Oh well anyone know it?

Edit: can't find it because it's not there...

/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/vdd_table/vdd_levels does not exist.

I don't think that info is like required or anything, just wanted to check it out. To see what the voltage is for each frequency.

Edited by Raycaster3

Guest Raycaster3

I'm pretty sure he's saying that screen off max by default is 178, by you setting it to the frequency higher your actually overclocking your screen off frequencies from default.

If that's the case then the gov would be smartass not ondemand since there is a screen off profile. Unless I don't understand it the way I think I do...

Guest Louis Santos

If that's the case then the gov would be smartass not ondemand since there is a screen off profile. Unless I don't understand it the way I think I do...

Lol Well I'm honestly not sure of the ins and outs of oc/uc/uv but I think you can have on-demand governor and still set the screen off frequencies to what ever you like with system tuner as long as the Kernal allows for UC. Therefore screen off the kernal tells the cpu to drop its freq to 178 then once screen comes on, on demand governor takes over. Am I wrong?

Guest sonnguyen10123

Did you wipe devlik and fix permissions after flashing kernal. Cause i have been running it since release and have been on wifi almost whole time without issue. I even used 2 different wifi networks, both connected just fine.

Edit: Make sure you went in correct flashing order too, you need to flash the kernal from the main topic then this one.

I only wiped cache. My fault prob. Will test when I get home. Gunna reflash noe

Guest Raycaster3

Lol Well I'm honestly not sure of the ins and outs of oc/uc/uv but I think you can have on-demand governor and still set the screen off frequencies to what ever you like with system tuner as long as the Kernal allows for UC. Therefore screen off the kernal tells the cpu to drop its freq to 178 then once screen comes on, on demand governor takes over. Am I wrong?

You're right if you use system tuner to set a screen off profile then it will only allow that freq when screen off. Otherwise it stays as ondemand and operates as if screen on

That's exactly what I did. But if the kernel does it automatically then it has to be either smartass gov or some sort of modded ondemand. It doesn't matter to me if I have to set a profile or of it does it automatically. Either I do it or gonna does it.

I also just wanted to throw out there that I don't think battery life is what the stock rom usually is. I could be wrong but it seems to drain a bit faster.

Those audio optomizations you threw in there trip really make a difference. Super loud louder than its ever been through headphones.

Edited by Raycaster3

Guest Louis Santos

You're right if you use system tuner to set a screen off profile then it will only allow that freq when screen off. Otherwise it stays as ondemand and operates as if screen on

That's exactly what I did. But if the kernel does it automatically then it has to be either smartass gov or some sort of modded ondemand. It doesn't matter to me if I have to set a profile or of it does it automatically. Either I do it or gonna does it.

I also just wanted to throw out there that I don't think battery life is what the stock rom usually is. I could be wrong but it seems to drain a bit faster.

Those audio optomizations you threw in there trip really make a difference. Super loud louder than its ever been through headphones.

OO! I understand what you are saying now. and Yes I have to agree with you on the battery drain, I set screen off profile in system tuner even tho kernal is stocked to uc, batery life is a little better now.

Guest Raycaster3

OO! I understand what you are saying now. and Yes I have to agree with you on the battery drain, I set screen off profile in system tuner even tho kernal is stocked to uc, batery life is a little better now.

Yeah me too. I set it to 178 like trip was saying. Have you noticed a volume boost with music? I have noticed a big boost. Crazy! Louder than ever before. I literally can't turn it all the way up where before I was trying to gonjogher than max to get where I like to be.

Guest Louis Santos

Yeah me too. I set it to 178 like trip was saying. Have you noticed a volume boost with music? I have noticed a big boost. Crazy! Louder than ever before. I literally can't turn it all the way up where before I was trying to gonjogher than max to get where I like to be.

Oh yeah, and the bass definition is awesome with even my cheap headphones that I use. Greatly improved sound.