What have I just downloaded from ZTE's site

Guest DB006

Guest philmein

it works orange stock orange rom has booted

system storagre uses 220mb

system cache 10.00mb

internal storage 210mb from 162mbdry.gif

with orange stock rom from tpt

am i ok to root this and add cwm with pauls add ons then install a custom rom??

xtra storage spacerolleyes.gif did not backup orig tpt thought you meant nandroid

Edited by philmein

Guest Amphoras

it works orange stock orange rom has booted

system storagre uses 220mb

system cache 10.00mb

internal storage 210mb

with orange stock rom from tpt

am i ok to root this and add cwm with pauls add ons then install a custom rom??

xtra storage spacerolleyes.gif did not backup orig tpt thought you meant nandroid

Nice, glad to hear it worked. It should be ok to root/install custom rom, nothing should have been changed other than the partitions.

How much space do Skate roms take up in /system? Can make another version to give more space in /data if its less than the 220.

Guest Amphoras

custom rom

system storage total 220mb free 84.41

Ok, so similar kind of size to Blade then, thanks. Going out to work soon, but I'll try and make another layout when I get back.

Guest Amphoras

Another version. This one has the following partitions:

Recovery: 		6MB

Boot: 			4MB

Splash: 			1.5MB

Misc: 			0.5MB

Cache: 			20MB

System: 			150MB

Userdata: 		270MB

OEM: 			1MB

Persist: 			1.5MB

It uses a blank system.img from one of the Blade TPTs instead of the Orange rom, and uses Paul's CWM as the boot.img, so should boot straight into that.

Check the md5sums before you do it, if they don't match, don't use it.

Link: http://dl.dropbox.co...s-skate-tpt.zip

MD5sum: 8285c644d2415fea7445eb92a9c98453

Again, use at your own risk.

Edited by Amphoras

Guest philmein

Another version. This one has the following partitions:

Recovery: 		6MB

Boot: 			4MB

Splash: 			1.5MB

Misc: 			0.5MB

Cache: 			20MB

System: 			150MB

Userdata: 		270MB

OEM: 			1MB

Persist: 			1.5MB

It uses a blank system.img from one of the Blade TPTs instead of the Orange rom, and uses Paul's CWM as the boot.img, so should boot straight into that.

Check the md5sums before you do it, if they don't match, don't use it.

Link: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/41652192/TPT%20Helper/150sys-skate-tpt.zip

MD5sum: b691c44e01dc6a31497387f2f8194e76

Again, use at your own risk.

same as the first image md5 does not match 125mb?

Guest philmein

works great increased user data 270mb to play with thanx amphorasrolleyes.gif

now lets see if there is enough cache to install angry birds? angry birds dowloads fine 18.65mb so system cache is big enough

has anybody else used the tpt yet?

internal storage 270mb free 192mb stock is 162mb

system storage 150mb free 14.66mb

system cache 20.00mb free 180kb

system cache does not seem to wipe itself angry birds went on ok 19.5mb but when i tryed to update google+ 9.5mb it said system full.

a quick wipe of the dalvic cache sorted the system cache outdry.gif

Edited by philmein

You will find that 30-35MB is essential. With my experience with OSF problems with updating Market, Installing apps etc. Could you increase the cache size once more please?

Thanks

Guest Amphoras

You will find that 30-35MB is essential. With my experience with OSF problems with updating Market, Installing apps etc. Could you increase the cache size once more please?

Thanks

Ok, but there probably should be a way to redirect /cache to /data in the roms like on the Blade. If that's done, /cache can be reduced to 2mb and give even more room for apps.

Edit: sdcard on my phone is being a pain and showing different things on the phone and on my laptop... Going to try and fix it before I upload another version, make sure its not corrupted or something.

Edited by Amphoras

Guest whatcolour

Ok, but there probably should be a way to redirect /cache to /data in the roms like on the Blade. If that's done, /cache can be reduced to 2mb and give even more room for apps.

Edit: sdcard on my phone is being a pain and showing different things on the phone and on my laptop... Going to try and fix it before I upload another version, make sure its not corrupted or something.

I had several goes without success, re-downloaded, swapped sd cards, used both mac and pc, and still throws errors at around 88%. Gonna wait for the next version.

Got any plans to hack amss.bin or else to unlock?

Guest Amphoras

I had several goes without success, re-downloaded, swapped sd cards, used both mac and pc, and still throws errors at around 88%. Gonna wait for the next version.

There won't be a new version tonight. I'll try to fix it tomorrow if I have time, if not it will be Monday.

Got any plans to hack amss.bin or else to unlock?

Probably not. I don't know what I'm looking for or where, and messing with some of these other files can brick the phone. I don't have a Skate to test it on, so I don't want to be responsible for bricking someone else's phone.

Guest philmein

you will need to up both the system cache and system storage ( bluemonte custom rom will not fit) when you release new version of the tpt bluemonte uses 190mb so we need 200mb system storage and 35mb system cache

Edited by philmein

Guest Amphoras

Ok, here's the 150mb system, 35mb cache, 255mb data version. Used fonix232's program to build this one.

Link: http://dl.dropbox.co...e-skate-tpt.zip

Md5sum: d105f64bdd8dd8a46535c775ed17117b

you will need to up both the system cache and system storage ( bluemonte custom rom will not fit) when you release new version of the tpt bluemonte uses 190mb so we need 200mb system storage and 35mb system cache

Sure, will make a few more of various sizes.

Edited by Amphoras

Guest philmein

35mb cache should be ok but i need more than 150mb system storage 200mb will be ok if you can make it

the bluemonte rom which most of us use take 191mb

Edited by philmein

Guest Amphoras

35mb cache should be ok but i need more than 150mb system storage 200mb will be ok if you can make it

the bluemonte rom which most of us use take 191mb

Here you go, 200mb system, 35mb cache, 205mb data.

Link: deleted

MD5sum: 5a56c1f7694ffa8d6415e4d2d3ca9ec2

Sorry it took so long.

Edited by Amphoras

Guest Amphoras

Another one with 200 system, 20mb cache, 220mb data. Cache may be too small, but maybe its ok for some people.

MD5sum: fa6db959914cc15e3cc1a4d6d4e27f66

If someone uploads a copy of the system.img for a rom (eg. from a CWM backup), then I can make a TPT that should repartition and install that rom in one go.

Edited by Amphoras

• 2 weeks later...
Guest trueno2k

Well, I've been trying and re-trying over and over several times and I just can't get CM7-Skate rom to boot up using one of these TPT's... It just gets stuck at the android word boot screen (it passes the green android logo) which I don't understand as the custom bootanimation that I use isn't showing (I wonder why that is?)... I'm doing exactly the same steps as I use for TPT'ing a recovery only TPT flash (with no ROM) for my ZTE Blade, but seems CM7 isn't compatible with any of your TPT's... Can you see where I'm going wrong please? As it's getting really frustrating not having CM7... I've tried other similar roms and can't set them up the same way as CM7, plus I don't like having odex files in my system/app folder, that just irritates me seeing them waste all that precious space...

I'm gonna try going back to stock rom and use Paul's original method and just flash CWM on that rom (which I already used to backup my original rom that came with my phone) and then flash CM7 on the original partition (after wiping the stock rom off)... Wished you had the phone to test, so that you can see what I've been trying to do!?

Well, hope you get the 44% error fixed and sometimes on other TPT's 88% or something in that region error fixed too...

Keep up the great work! ^_^

UPDATE: Done some tests and I think I figured out what was wrong... Remember when I said about the bootanimation not appearing, well that was the problem all along... I misplaced it in the system folder and not in the media folder... DUH!!! ^_^ Well, doing my final customisation to the CM7-Skate rom and hopefully it will eventually work. Cyaz all laters... Peace!!!...

Edited by trueno2k

Guest Blueton

Here you go, 200mb system, 35mb cache, 205mb data.

MD5sum: 5a56c1f7694ffa8d6415e4d2d3ca9ec2

Sorry it took so long.

Just a quick question should I use clockwork or the method in the pdf file to put this onto my phone. I take it I will have to put back on my Bluemonte rom after doing this

Sorry for the question but am new to Android .

Thanks

Guest Amphoras

Just a quick question should I use clockwork or the method in the pdf file to put this onto my phone. I take it I will have to put back on my Bluemonte rom after doing this

Sorry for the question but am new to Android .

Thanks

You do it via the method in the PDF. If you try and flash it via Clockwork it won't work. You'll need to reflash your rom afterwards, and it will wipe your data as well, so make a backup before you start of anything you don't want to lose.