[BAD NEWS] FLASHING THE ROM FROM UNLOCKED ZTE SKATE WILL NOT UNLOCK OMC

Guest tillaz

Guest tillaz

sorry people but its not gonna be as simple as just flashing the unlocked zte skate rom....

Sebastian404s link to the zte skate rom http://files.podtwo....tock/zte/skate/ (2.3.5)

massive thanks to reo2xor for dumping the rom & Sebastian404 for building the flashable .zip

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< warning >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

do not try to root your phone when on 2.3.5 with the pinned guide.....

it will just boot loop... i installed clockworkmod befor i tried this so i could unbrick the phone... be warned

Edited by tillaz

Guest Sebastian404

thats not a surprise tho, right? we knew that ZTE had learnt from their past mistakes... the community have been far too helpful to ZTE in the past

Guest tillaz

thats not a surprise tho, right? we knew that ZTE had learnt from their past mistakes... the community have been far too helpful to ZTE in the past

yep, i personal already new this would be the case... but a couple of other members were thinking otherwise sad.gif

ahh well at least we can all have 2.3.5 now lol smile.gif

Guest PedroVader

Not surprised at all, but hopefully comparisons between this clean one and the Orange one may show something up.

Interesting to see that, once again, my long press numeric keys dont work properly in this rom, leaving CM7 as the only one that works properly...am i missing something? Some default setting im not aware of?

On the whole though, nice clean rom, pretty quick.

Guest TouchyAndalou

Newb question... can somebody who has some knowledge of unlocking tell me how likely it is that an unlock will never be freely available (besides thru Orange)? I mean, is it usually just a matter of time before any phone can be unlocked or are their certain devices for which it's just impossible?

Guest tillaz

<<<<<< warning>>>>>>

do not try to root your phone on 2.3.5 with the pinned guide.....

it will just boot loop i installed clockworkmod befor i tried this so i could unbrick the phone... be warned

Edited by tillaz

Guest tillaz

Not surprised at all, but hopefully comparisons between this clean one and the Orange one may show something up.

Interesting to see that, once again, my long press numeric keys dont work properly in this rom, leaving CM7 as the only one that works properly...am i missing something? Some default setting im not aware of?

On the whole though, nice clean rom, pretty quick.

could you explain your problem a bit more ? maby show some pic as i dont now wot you actually mean... hopefully i can fix it / enable with a better understanding of your problem smile.gif

Edited by tillaz

Guest PedroVader

Hey Tillaz ;-)

Standard Android keyboard (froyo onward I think) has a dual purpose top row. A single press on any key gives you a letter q w e r etc. If you press and hold these keys you should get 1 2 3 4 and so on.

Its actually a more basic version of the HTC IME keyboard where all the keys are multipurpose, in that keyboard you can access punctuation and modified letters like â ç ü é õ and such.

The installed XT9 keyboard works just fine, and the dictionary in XT9 is also OK, but interestingly enough the android keyboard only suggests word from my contact list (another weird issue)blink.gif

Edited by PedroVader

Guest Sebastian404

<<<<<< warning>>>>>>

do not try to root your phone on 2.3.5 with the pinned guide.....

it will just boot loop i installed clockworkmod befor i tried this so i could unbrick the phone... be warned

Your talking about Paul's superboot?

Guest Sebastian404

if flashing the rom will not unlock the phone, where is than locking mechanism located?

nand memory?

can we access it?

kind regards.

This question has been asked and answered so many times already.

The lock is in the NAND, and every ROM that ZTE will release will check that, even the ones that come 'unlocked' will have the check. The 'factory unlocked' devices that ZTE ship will have the NAND set to be unlocked.

Guest dadashi

wawb made tpt.zip files to re-write the nand for the Blade, for Gen2 update and partition change.....

Can't someone do the same for us lowely skate users....specificaly to overwrite the network lock in nand....

Guest gregorv

This question has been asked and answered so many times already.

The lock is in the NAND, and every ROM that ZTE will release will check that, even the ones that come 'unlocked' will have the check. The 'factory unlocked' devices that ZTE ship will have the NAND set to be unlocked.

Sorry :( , I'm new to android world, I did not know this is well know fact.

I hope someone will hack NAND thing (the devil inside the phone ;) )

LP

Guest tilal6991
What about the IMEI code? Did you try changing it?

This is just an idea

No don't try this . I think that might be why my iemi was blocked by orange.

Guest yaylol

wawb made tpt.zip files to re-write the nand for the Blade, for Gen2 update and partition change.....

Can't someone do the same for us lowely skate users....specificaly to overwrite the network lock in nand....

How to do this?