HELP!! My phone is bricked after I flashed new firmware (B138)

Guest Liquidator

Guest Liquidator

Hi All,

I just flashed the new firmware V100R001C00B138SP04 on my U8800, and now it does absolutely nothing anymore. the flashing seemed to go fine, then the phone turned off and now it doesnt respond to anything anymore. Dont see anything happening when I plug the USB in, on/off button does nothing... HELP!

[EDIT] The red LED went on and off a few times while flashing the new ROM. is this normal? The battery was over 40% full when I started the flash so I didnt think I would need to put it on the charger..

Edited by Liquidator

Are you sure that you have u8800 and not the pro version? Also can you try to download another version, like b136 and flash it? if yoy cant open the bootload (volume + and - when booting) i think nothing can be done.

Guest Liquidator

Yes I have the U8800. I flashed B136 earlier and that went perfect, so I'm pretty sure this should work as well.. I can't get into bootloader now.

Guest dummy decoy

i have pro version and i have downloaded last firmware which was on huawei web site support V100R001C00B138SP04 (it was under the u8800 pro category). i have the same problem and dont know what to do. the bad thing is im in russia but i bought the phone in turkey and seems like there is no international warranty

Yes I have the U8800. I flashed B136 earlier and that went perfect, so I'm pretty sure this should work as well.. I can't get into bootloader now.

Well, recovery? if you cant get to them, your phone is pretty much gone. Lets wait that someone who knows better comes around.

i have pro version and i have downloaded last firmware which was on huawei web site support V100R001C00B138SP04 (it was under the u8800 pro category). i have the same problem and dont know what to do. the bad thing is im in russia but i bought the phone in turkey and seems like there is no international warranty

So you cant access to bootloader too? maybe you cann call to the shop you bought the phone and ask can you send it there?

Guest Liquidator

No, I can't get into recovery. Phone does absolutely nothing, also no vibration or whatever. I still have hope that it might be the battery that went dead, could flashing a ROM cost an insane amount of energy (over 40%)?

I could send it to Huawei but I want to try to solve it myself first, because I have repartitioned the internal SD for more app space so they might declare my warranty void..

Well, recovery? if you cant get to them, your phone is pretty much gone. Lets wait that someone who knows better comes around.

So you cant access to bootloader too? maybe you cann call to the shop you bought the phone and ask can you send it there?

• 2 weeks later...

http://115.com/file/bh0yf699 try this tool box...this toolbox comes from bigeste u8800 chinese forum.

Features:

1, Division patch: Data from the extended partition tool in G Major, from the results with the same patch in G major.

2, the first screen landscaping: mbn files from the first screen to extract the png file, also supports the production of any image as the first screen mbn file.

3, the second screen landscaping: Gif files directly to the dynamic spin-off and made into a second screen, file, and also support a number of png image files into the second screen file. Png image file can also be synthesized into a number of dynamic effects Gif file preview.

4, APK file is compiled decompile: apk software unlock support, facilitate, such as localization, and other changes to advertising, and supports the modified file compiled as a normal installation of the apk file.

5, APK / ROM signature: APK and ROM need be to install signature verification or brush. This feature can do this.

6, unpack package: support for the official update.app unpack, and to support the resulting boot.img unpacked and unpacked by the boot.img generated ramdis.gz unpacked, unpack some of the support package to restore files . For what use, it is the master of things. More useful features is the ability to support a dex file unpack and pack operations.

7, drive into: the function for the modified version of the ROM, will drive the disk to phone, but although the convenience of mobile phones to connect to other computers, but some annoying.

8, a key Root, Unroot: to grant root privileges directly to users or remove root privileges. Needless to say with what.

9, the installation Busybox: Busybox is an enhanced shell, support more shell command.

10, cell phone information: direct access to the phone all the information, but to the original display. Not been processed, in English.

11, a key thaw google applications: support for direct application to lift China Unicom version of the shield on google, but for the restoration of factory settings, do not want to restore a backup recommended titanium.

12, a key to remove the custom software: support for direct delete Unicom customized version of all software, no adverse effects.

13, swap turned off: support swap custom open, available in two open, close approach, but only supports this in two ways open for swap to close.

14, a key to enter Recovery: to restart the boot state directly into the Recovery, save by the volume + power button on the trouble.

15, IMEI backup and recovery: to allow the information to the phone's IMEI backup and recovery, support and backup to SD card on the computer, and from the SD card or computer recovery.

16, the first screen, second screen replacement and off-screen into: support custom first screen, second screen and off screen.

17, font substitution, model changes, framework substitution: not much that could be easily understood.

18, GPS configuration: replace the original GPS configuration file only, to speed up the positioning.

19, boot.img, Recovery.img brush into: the ability to directly write boot.img and recovery.img file system, powder-screen mode without replacement. boot.img for overclocking, recovery.img for the brush into the third-party ROM.

20, custom software, system software and user-installed software, uninstall: support to customize the way for custom software, the system comes with software and user-installed software for Uninstall to remove, and uninstall as normal.

21, the software batch installation: install the support software to the phone, SD card, and as the system software.

22, delete and add ringtones: system support for bulk delete and add the ringtones, SMS & notification tones, alarm tones and screen tone. Support voice audition.

23, partition is mounted: allows the powder directly to the phone screen partitions, built-in SD card to 2G partition and mount the U disk to your computer for easy operation.

24, Treasure Box: Some related tools.

arscEditor: primary localization to the software and interface changes on the display;

Image converter: allows a variety of image formats and convert between resolution; file compare: Support for a variety of similarities and differences between documents or binary files more convenient for document analysis;

Partition Manager: partitions for mobile viewing, management;

Color Processor: Provides application code version and Web version of the color-processing tools to facilitate the color processing;

Bzeek WiFi tools: support for a wireless network card installed on your computer Bzeek tools to achieve a shared computer network Internet phone.

PC-VPN tool: looking through better health;

APK Installer: extract from the 91 assistants, the best installer of APK;

Airplay player: compact and powerful music player, the tone audition for purpose, by the way recommend.

Watermark remover: small and powerful image watermark removal tools

try if u can sucsess to flash new boot and recovery....it might help u to accsess bootloader again and flash new rom

• 3 weeks later...
Guest dummy decoy

that firmware wasn't the u8800 pro firmware. it was absolutely pure nonpro firmware which huawei published under category of pro. also if you would check again you could see that it is not there anymore. so far they have lots of angry customers. only the way to save the phone is jtag. for this we need full flash which could be dumbed from another working u8800 pro.