New kernel for Gingerbread

Guest davidevinavil

Guest davidevinavil

can anyone share the link where they downloaded the official 4.00001_aap gen 2 rom?

thx

Sorry maybe build with lower voltage CPU.. to me it works well but not to all.. This night I'll build new boot with higher CPU voltage to fix yours freeze ;)

Guest vikings123

Sorry maybe build with lower voltage CPU.. to me it works well but not to all.. This night I'll build new boot with higher CPU voltage to fix yours freeze ;)

That's OK.

I flashed back to test_4 and it is working fine, except battery drain.

Maybe I should flash gen2 in order to use test_5

Guest recorder

thx david. rolleyes.gif

i wanted to try gen 2 also because i'm from asia country...

beside that is the gen 2 and gen 1 phone built differently ? or the difference is just in the roms?

Guest Benlod

testing test boot 5..

froze just after boot , i have tried wipe dalvilk and normal cache and reflash boot , didn't change anything :/

Edit :i'm using stock 4.000.07 freshly iinstaled

Edit 2 :finally booting on test 4

edit 3 wifi seems to be working well with test 4.. did i miss something ? or that's because i flashed test 5 before ?

Edited by Benlod

Guest davidevinavil

test_boot_5_low_voltage

test_boot_5_mid_voltage

Those test 5 boot has wifi fix for gen2 so you can flash over gen1 and gen2 without problem..

I usually flash low_voltage version because my metal works well with low_voltage cpu, but not all metal are the same, so if you have freeze with low_voltage version flash mid_voltage version

Obviously low voltage has better battery drain ;)

Edited by davidevinavil

Guest Unbr8kbal

test_boot_5_low_voltage

test_boot_5_mid_voltage

Those test 5 boot has wifi fix for gen2 so you can flash over gen1 and gen2 without problem..

I usually flash low_voltage version because my metal works well with low_voltage cpu, but not all metal are the same, so if you have freeze with low_voltage version flash mid_voltage version

Test boot 04, charged over night only got to 83% restarted it and it's at 97%. Apart from that bat drain is good! 20% yesterday with basically little use.

Guest astuermer

test_boot_5_low_voltage

test_boot_5_mid_voltage

does it have 1 percent steps or 5 percent steps now?

thanks! ;-)

Guest davidevinavil

does it have 1 percent steps or 5 percent steps now?

thanks! ;-)

1% and hope will full charge after this night ;) but will see tomorrow morning when I'll wake up..

Guest k0zmic

I have problem with test_5

device froze several times since I flashed test_5.

Mines been fine so far.

@David

Just to check was the test_5 from earlier the low voltage version?

Forget that, flashed the low voltage version and will see how it goes.

Edited by k0zmic

Guest davidevinavil

so if i am using 4.00001 gen 2

do i still need to flash dmd ginger 4.000.07 before i flash test boot 5?

It's not needed but without boot_4.000.07 and ginger_dmd you will not have framework to manage 1% battery step..

If you flash only test_boot_5 you will not have 1% battery indications :/

Guest recorder

:/ aww..

haha but anyway i will test it on first and tell you the result...

battery indications not that important now :)

looking for stability and decent battery drain...

i will keep you updated on gen 2 test boot 5...will test it soon

Guest astuermer

It's not needed but without boot_4.000.07 and ginger_dmd you will not have framework to manage 1% battery step..

If you flash only test_boot_5 you will not have 1% battery indications :/

i use batteryminder... looks good.

Guest davidevinavil

I've googled about not full charge issue.. Seems it's a feature of gingerbread.. Using 5% is most difficult to see that, obviously with 1% you can se 99, 98, 97 etc etc.. To check this please who has 5% step install AndroSensor from market and full charge phone. When charge led stop blinking you need to read battery voltage it must be about 4,200 volt. Then this night leave charge plugged in and tomorrow morning check battery voltage. I'm pretty sure it will not 4,200 but a little less.. Even if indicator will be 100%.. Please check this thing..

Guest Little_Tractor

Ehi Davide, I've got a problem because also with the mid voltage my phone is unstable and it reboots...can you help me?

Ho provato ad installare sia la low voltage sia la mid voltage ma entrambe mi danno problemi...il telefono si continua a bloccare e si riavvia...lo stesso accadeva con gli altri boot precedenti che ho provato! Se puoi creare un boot con una frequenza di voltaggio maggiori mi saresti di grande aiuto! Continua così, complimenti! ;)

Ehi Davide, I've got a problem because also with the mid voltage my phone is unstable and it reboots...can you help me?

Ho provato ad installare sia la low voltage sia la mid voltage ma entrambe mi danno problemi...il telefono si continua a bloccare e si riavvia...lo stesso accadeva con gli altri boot precedenti che ho provato! Se puoi creare un boot con una frequenza di voltaggio maggiori mi saresti di grande aiuto! Continua così, complimenti! ;)

Have you read this post? Might help you.

Guest chris_kozani

I've googled about not full charge issue.. Seems it's a feature of gingerbread.. Using 5% is most difficult to see that, obviously with 1% you can se 99, 98, 97 etc etc.. To check this please who has 5% step install AndroSensor from market and full charge phone. When charge led stop blinking you need to read battery voltage it must be about 4,200 volt. Then this night leave charge plugged in and tomorrow morning check battery voltage. I'm pretty sure it will not 4,200 but a little less.. Even if indicator will be 100%.. Please check this thing..

I am using boot test 5 low voltage version.I charge the phone and it go up to 97%.Then i left it in charger and instead of going to 98%,it goes 96,95,94,93 until 90 and then it goes again up.By the way,you make great work and i dont want to go back to 5%.

I will keep it this way,until your next rom or until acer gives us ics

Edited by chris_kozani

Guest stoorzsto

I am using boot test 5 low voltage version.I charge the phone and it go up to 97%.Then i left it in charger and instead of going to 98%,it goes 96,95,94,93 until 90 and then it goes again up.

I have same problem.