New kernel for Gingerbread

Guest davidevinavil

Guest sharky_k

sorry, complete noob question.

I flashed 4.000.01 (Gen 2) to my Australian liquid metal and have put on AmonRa Recovery 2.2.

Can I flash your kernel through recovery?

If not how do I do it?

Thanks,

Sharky.

Edited by sharky_k

Guest RohanAJoshi

I m planning to apply this kernel.

but can u tell me that if something goes wrong, then can i revert back on original ie stock kernel ?

and how ?

Guest noogai93

sorry, complete noob question.

I flashed 4.000.01 (Gen 2) to my Australian liquid metal and have put on AmonRa Recovery 2.2.

Can I flash your kernel through recovery?

If not how do I do it?

Thanks,

Sharky.

yes you can flash it through recovery, the kernels are flash-able zip, just put it on your sd card boot into recovery and select flash from sd card. :)

Guest noogai93

I m planning to apply this kernel.

but can u tell me that if something goes wrong, then can i revert back on original ie stock kernel ?

and how ?

if you take a nandroid backup from before hand you can just get the previous kernel (boot.img) from the folder and flash it or just try and flash another version of the modified kernels.

Thank you! Its really nice to have 43% in 2d 17 hrs!!!

Its first time Im satisfied with batt life on metal, especially considering its OC.

It really looks like magic.

So, guys, I have a problem. Flashed 4.000.07, flashed Recovery 2.2, rebooted to recovery, made wipe and flashed "test_boot_5_mid_voltage". Rebooted into Android normally. And.. problems began. Device lags and reboots every 30 secunds. I can't understand what's matter with my Metal. Can someone give advice for me?

Guest MadMousse

I think the best way is doing a Nandroid Backup Before flashing the new kernel. Then if you want to go back on the original kernel do a Nandroid restore. (Those functions are in the Recovery).

Or flash any official bin.

Edited by MadMousse

Guest MadMousse

Yes, but be careful and don't set Setcpu to start on boot without testing your overclock settings a few hours before. Because we are a lot to have troubles with the 1.5 ghz frequency for example. wink.gif