[OLD THREAD SUPPORT ONLY] [ATOMICMOD]

Guest tillaz

Guest secretman_z

Viber generally seems to get poor reviews on the android market website but would certainly be good if it worked on the OMC/Skate. The developer's website states that it partially supports CyanogenMod7. Here's their list of compatible devices:

http://helpme.viber....em-requirements

i just sent em and email ,lets see what the reply would be

Guest arnookie

yeah, its a great phone really like it, video at 1080p is great.. will be releasing a rom for it soon smile.gif

I am very pleased you are happy with the Optimus 2X. It really is a great buy :0)

I look forward to the new 2X rom. What improvements are you expecting with your new rom?

Will it be ICS or gingerbread?

Don't you think the stock gingerbread is good as it is?

One thing I would like is the ability to swap internal sd with the external sd card.

But I am using GLtoSD at the moment so all my games and apps can store data files to the external sd instead of the internal sd.

It's a great workaround for now but a permanant way to change to external sd from internal would be much better.

I think some custom roms can do this but I would rather wait for a rom from yourself Tillaz. :0)

Something for everyone who is getting the 2X is very easy root tool an app called "Unlock Root" tool. Just run that and hit root. I used super one click to unlock mine but "Unlock root" tool is much simpler if you just want unlock without clockwork.

Edited by arnookie

Guest Pillhead

i installed link2sd and it was all running lovely but then i tryed to take a photo with whatsapp and send a picture to some one and now it says no sd card inserted and nothing works on the phone?

Is there anyway of getting everything back?

Cheers

Guest hermoso

Is there any mirror to download atomic rom for zte skate? i've tried to download it from minus.com many times, but every time it's stops at the middle and disconnecting :(

please help :unsure:

Guest tonybeau

So - can I just install V4 as the instruction link on the first page or do I have to partition the phone first? I have a Monte Carlo on the original ROM which I have unlocked, rooted and installed CWM. If I need to partition the phone which option do I take?

Guest JThumar

What is the solution for Go launcher ?

Battery was lasting longer before i did battery stats wipe !! Re-installed V4 and back to longer lasting battery again......

how can doing this make it drain faster... if you read that article the woman from google is saying

''just plugging your charger into your phone wipes battery stats''

so every time we plug in the charger they are wiped automatic just like in clockworkmod...

go launcher is battery hungry i think

Edited by JThumar

What is the solution for Go launcher ?

Battery was lasting longer before i did battery stats wipe !! Re-installed V4 and back to longer lasting battery again......

strange...

about go launcher, there is no solution apart from remove it and try other launchers... and see if you notice a difference

Edited by tillaz

@tilaz do you know what is causing music to skip on v4?

It mainly happens when the screen rotates,on stock player or poweramp.

I tried a clean install,no overclock,but it still happens.

Guest wrtease

so will v4 be the last version or is their more to come. you will be doing more now on your lg developing better and newer roms for it. have you dicided to make a totally new rom for it .all new mobiles are now getting faster so thats why i have omc as second mobile and the faster x10i with arm7 is very good .your lg x2 ha some powerful specs good on you to have a quality mobile. you deserve it after doing so much on here. i thank you for excellent roms on here. anyway thanks.

Guest ChrisHS

Hi Tillaz,

This is the first time I've loaded a phone with code & been impressed with Atomic and your patience with people. I guess the last version is 4 means your going to move onto your new phone at some point & development will stop.

For me Atomic 3C-Modded worked best with apps on SD card 2nd partition, currently I've got my OMC loaded with 3E as I like having more bugs fixed.

Can I try to merge the changes, myself, a few at a time ?

Is the source to the Atomic rom(s) available or already on a code site ?

Chris

~~~~~

I've not really noticed any power issues with this ROM when the phones in use. In fact, when using the screen for 5-10 minutes is when the battery starts to go down for me on any ROM.

I use SetCPU to underclock the system when the screens off and I use Timeriffic to set the screen brightness from 8am until 1am at 30% and then after 1am it goes down to 4% so that I can use the phone in bed without it blinding me. And that for me is bright enough to do most things and I think it really helps preserve battery life. I also bought Autostarts and have disabled no-frills, colornote, email, maps, link2sd and some other applications that I installed.

I might do a test in the next few days with 3C because from what I remember that was setup to have it's governor at performance, but my battery would only drop to 99% with wifi on all night. However, in the last few days with version 4 installed I've noticed my battery is going down to 96% and I don't know if that's due to an application update, battery status wipe or what.

Heres some off topic stuff too. Today I was using PlayerPro and noticed that if you go into it's settings for audio then you can use the "HTC sound enhancer" to enable Dolby Mobile. I don't know if it actually works because personally I don't hear much of a different and I don't know the technical reasons why it isn't in anything but the stock ROM.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest JThumar

Thnks for the inputs

Do i disable something during startup or permanently using autostarts ?

I've not really noticed any power issues with this ROM when the phones in use. In fact, when using the screen for 5-10 minutes is when the battery starts to go down for me on any ROM.

I use SetCPU to underclock the system when the screens off and I use Timeriffic to set the screen brightness from 8am until 1am at 30% and then after 1am it goes down to 4% so that I can use the phone in bed without it blinding me. And that for me is bright enough to do most things and I think it really helps preserve battery life. I also bought Autostarts and have disabled no-frills, colornote, email, maps, link2sd and some other applications that I installed.

I might do a test in the next few days with 3C because from what I remember that was setup to have it's governor at performance, but my battery would only drop to 99% with wifi on all night. However, in the last few days with version 4 installed I've noticed my battery is going down to 96% and I don't know if that's due to an application update, battery status wipe or what.

Heres some off topic stuff too. Today I was using PlayerPro and noticed that if you go into it's settings for audio then you can use the "HTC sound enhancer" to enable Dolby Mobile. I don't know if it actually works because personally I don't hear much of a different and I don't know the technical reasons why it isn't in anything but the stock ROM.

Guest Redstarr1

I've been thinking about something. Atomic makes my phone pretend to the market that it's a HTC to get HD-games. Does this also make my phone get bigger versions of websites in the browser? And thus making my browsing slower? I'm not really much of a gamer (anyway I have a jailbreaked iPod Touch for that), so could I revert this? I often have to make do with an Edge-connection.

Or this is all just in my head and hasn't anything changed...

I also bought Autostarts and have disabled no-frills, colornote, email, maps, link2sd and some other applications that I installed.

Re the power issues - I'm still using v2.5 and it's certainly the case for me that when the screen is off and data still enabled, the battery doesn't go down much. It's internet use that starts the power dropping by a constant 1% every few minutes. I am a bit confused as to what's actually running as task manager shows a lot of apps (which can be killed) but when I look in running apps, there's only ever a handful. People have said task manager is no good, so I tend to ignore it. So not sure if Autostarts would help much in my case?

I haven't updated the ROM yet because the main benefit for me would be longer battery and I haven't seen that substantially confirmed by anyone.

Guest Dukelord

which is better for v4, setCPU or no frills? Thinking of uninstalling no frills and installing setCPU cos of battery life issues but needs something that still provides high overclocking for intensive apps.

which is better for v4, setCPU or no frills? Thinking of uninstalling no frills and installing setCPU cos of battery life issues but needs something that still provides high overclocking for intensive apps.

Setcpu is much better.

1) you can set different profiles

2) you can send a safemode zip to sd card

@ JThumar

It disables them permanently, but I'm sure theres free software that can do the job too. By the way, I wouldn't disable everything though as that could cause problems.

@ Redstarr1

My guess is it depends on the browser. Personally I use Dolphin Mini and I know with that it sends it's user agent out as "android" and nothing specific. It also allows you to set it to desktop, iphone or ipad.

@ Nozz

I've just set the network mode to GSM only. It was something I had activated before, since I use wifi a lot more but I didn't modify it after moving to v4.

If I check my battery usage it says it's at 86% and it's been on for 10 hours and 32 minutes. Standby is 33%, idle is 32%, Trillian is 30% (I have this force wifi to stay awake 24/7), WiFi is 4% and my display usage is only 2%. Odd that it doesn't list PlayerPro as I had that running for over 3 hours last night.

Another tip for some is to disable GPS like you would disable bluetooth if you're not using it. It wastes power and it's enabled by default.

@ Dukelord

I think no-frills is required to change the I/O scheduler, although it's default (sio) is perfectly fine IMO. You can keep both.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest Dukelord

@ Dukelord

I think no-frills is required to change the I/O scheduler, although it's default (sio) is perfectly fine IMO. You can keep both.

Now I'm confused, cos I know its not safe to install two overclocking tools on one system, just like its a bad idea to install two anti-virus softwares on one PC. Conflict issues.

Guest Dukelord

@ Dukelord

Now I'm confused, cos I know its not safe to install two overclocking tools on one system, just like its a bad idea to install two anti-virus softwares on one PC. Conflict issues.

No-frills doesn't apply any settings if you don't select "apply on boot". You can also use software like Autostarts to disable it from launching when you power on the phone.

Guest tomolewis

Finally got this to install .......... all looks nice.......... link2sd working............ when i try to install apps from the market they get to 99% then fail?

thanks

-Tom

Since V4 is default to sio,which is the best schedular,there is no need to use no frills to change it. So IMO its setcpu all the way.Also I find that no frills does not always set on boot,even though it is set to apply on boot.

Edited by Guest